Career Questions tagged Masters Degree

NICHOLE S.’s Avatar
NICHOLE S. Jun 10 124 views

Master's Program help appreciated

Hello everyone! I'm new here and am hoping to get some answers. I am enrolled at SNHU to get my bachelor's in human services concentration in substance abuse and a minor in organizational leadership. I plan on getting a master's after I'm done with my bachelor's. I started my educational...

iesha M.’s Avatar
iesha M. May 17 203 views

Would there be anyone you would recommend I talk to if I want to be a nurse midwife?

I want to learn more about becoming a nurse midwife.

iesha M.’s Avatar
iesha M. May 16 138 views

What is the median salary for this field of work?

I want to learn more about the benefits in becoming a nurse midwife.

iesha M.’s Avatar
iesha M. May 16 190 views

Are there any tips that you could give me about the process?

I want to know the process it takes to become a nurse midwife.

Sri N.’s Avatar
Sri N. Mar 16 134 views

How can i proceed with Master of Science in Dentistry in the US after having completed my BDS in India?

Having done with my BDS, I really would appreciate if I get some guidance regarding doing my master of science in dentistry from any US universities

Savreet K.’s Avatar
Savreet K. Apr 30, 2021 173 views

Master of surgery(general surgery) and MCh in Canada after MBBS from India

What are the steps I have to take for doing Master of Surgery in general surgery and then Master of Chirurgiae in neurosurgery from Canada after completing my MBBS from India? Where should I go? What is the application process and the steps for it? #masters-degree #medicalschool #neurosurgery

Savreet K.’s Avatar
Savreet K. Apr 30, 2021 255 views

Master of surgery(general surgery) and MCh in U.S.A. after MBBS from India

What are the steps I have to take for doing Master of Surgery in general surgery and then Master of Chirurgiae in neurosurgery from U.S.A. after completing my MBBS from India? Where should I go? What is the application process and the steps for it? #masters-degree #medicalschool #neurosurgery

Andy X.’s Avatar
Andy X. Apr 14, 2021 537 views

It is worth it to pursue a master's degree?

I'm currently a senior in high school and I am currently about to go to college. I want to know what I can do after my undergraduate degree. #college #degree #masters-degree

Abby T.’s Avatar
Abby T. Apr 05, 2021 381 views

I need some opinions on online master's degree programs, specifically in the laboratory field.

Has anyone been a part of The George Washington University's online master's program in clinical laboratory sciences, or know anyone that has? I would really like to get some opinions on the quality of learning, especially online (the aspect that I am most worried about). If you have any advice...

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jul 31, 2020 505 views

What the key differences between undergraduate and graduate school?

I'm a current undergraduate student who will be graduating in the spring (if things go according to plan), and while graduate school wasn't originally part of my plan, it's something I've begun considering. I've found that there seems to be less advice out there regarding grad school as opposed...

Zoe Z.’s Avatar
Zoe Z. Jul 18, 2020 535 views

Is a master in economics worth it?

I'm a sophomore in college. I am majoring in statistics and economics. My school's program allows me to pursue a master continuing my undergraduate study. I heard many people suggest economics graduates to pursue a more technical master such as data science to find better jobs, so I was...

jason R.’s Avatar
jason R. Jun 05, 2020 369 views

what are the main requirements for master mechanics

#mechanics #masters-degree

Marwa S.’s Avatar
Marwa S. May 01, 2020 382 views

I am thinking of persuing a MA in Political studies; however, I am currently finsihing my BS in Biology. Do you have any advice?

#political-science #biology #gradute-school #MA #university #masters-degree #university

Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. Aug 02, 2019 919 views

What policy jobs can I get without an MPP?

I just finished a summer program in public policy, and discovered that while I love the topic, I'm not a big fan of how it is taught in MPP programs. What kind of jobs in public policy can I get without a degree? If I want to do policy advocacy, should I go ahead and pursue the degree? #policy...

Ethan A.’s Avatar
Ethan A. Jan 24, 2019 577 views

What can I do with a master's in Biochemistry?

#biochemistry #masters-degree #biology #graduate-school

Alex R.’s Avatar
Alex R. May 29, 2018 822 views

Is being an electrical engineer a viable option?

I plan to do engineering at Dartmouth College and plan to concentrate on electrical engineering. I also plan on going to graduates school after Dartmouth. I love electrical engineering, but I am not sure if it is a viable option in terms of job opportunity. What do you think? #dartmouth...

Dierdre S.’s Avatar
Dierdre S. May 14, 2018 555 views

What is the advantage of getting a Masters Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science

I would like to get a #masters-degree in #clinical-lab-science but I want to know what the benefit is over solely having a #bachelorsdegree in -laboratory science #healthcare #research #science #medicine #Clinical

Omar R.’s Avatar
Omar R. Apr 28, 2018 530 views

What are some good ways to get funding for an MPH program and study abroad programs?

I will be starting my MPH in epidemiology in the fall and I do not have much money. My entire education has been self funded. I am very interested in being a field epidemiologist and do more hands on work. I have seen some great summer programs where students can go to developing countries and...

Stephanie P.’s Avatar
Stephanie P. Apr 26, 2018 619 views

Will I be able to complete academic research in a field with only a master’s degree, or should I plan to earn a doctorate?

I want to continue to study the relationships between education, psychology, and the ongoing digital revolution. It’s my current goal to be an online college instructor with a master’s degree in education and technology. #higher-education #education #technology #career #onlinelearning...

Stephanie P.’s Avatar
Stephanie P. Apr 26, 2018 651 views

If I want to be an online college instructor and I earn my master’s degree in education and technology, what college courses will I be qualified to teach once I’m finished?

I have a bachelor’s degree in English writing, but I have experience and interest in other fields, namely in technology and psychology. #higher-education #education #technology #career #onlinelearning #elearning #masters #masters-degree #future-careers #teacher #instructional-technology...

Evgeni R.’s Avatar
Evgeni R. Apr 23, 2018 532 views

Is a masters in any engineering field worth the extra investment?

I'm a prospective engineering student and I was wondering if pursuing a masters in the future is a worthy investment of time and money, or if I should plan on just getting my degree and starting work? The financial aspect of college is a big deal for my family and me, so a professional opinion...

Emily V.’s Avatar
Emily V. Apr 21, 2018 499 views

Is it necessary to get a masters degree to be a public relations professional?

I'd like to get into the field right after finishing my undergraduate but I know a masters would give me an edge. Is it advised to get a masters and then go into the field, get one later, or not get one at all?

#publicrelations #masters #masters-degree

Abigail C.’s Avatar
Abigail C. Apr 08, 2018 686 views

Is it worth earning higher than a bachelor's when pursuing a career in environmental engineering?

I plan to get a bachelor's degree in environmental engineering for sure, but would it be worth the time, money($40K/yr at the school I am looking at), and effort to work towards a master's or PhD? #engineering #environmental-engineering #money #debt #degrees #bachelors-degree #bachelorsdegree...

Kailey K.’s Avatar
Kailey K. Mar 25, 2018 782 views

Is it worth it to get a Master's in Law Enforcement?

I'm currently attending Western Illinois University. About a quarter of the entire student body are Law Enforcement majors. I feel like a lot of the professors are pushing students to get a Master's Degree in Law Enforcement. How beneficial do you think this would be? #masters-degree...

Halli R.’s Avatar
Halli R. Mar 20, 2018 431 views

Should I stay in school and obtain my Master's Degree before entering the work force or get a job out of college and then go back once I have some experience?

I will be graduating with an Environmental Engineering Degree and wonder if it is better to finish my Master's or get a job and then go back to school. #masters-degree

Devetra C.’s Avatar
Devetra C. Mar 09, 2018 575 views

What are some cost efficient colleges to go to to obtain your MBA in International business?

Almost finished with my B.A. and thinking about applying to MBA programs. #masters-degree #college

Tiffany K.’s Avatar
Tiffany K. Jan 25, 2018 575 views

What career options do I have if I'm studying political science in university?

Unsure whether or not I should go to law school after my undergraduate degree or do my Masters #lawschool #masters-degree #political-science #college-major #college

Jocelyne C.’s Avatar
Jocelyne C. Jan 22, 2018 540 views

What is the best way to get help financially to get my masters?

I don't know if there are scholarships for masters program. I want to get my masters degree in clinical mental health counseling and I want to also know if there is anything I should do to prepare myself. I still have about . 2 years left until I graduate from my bachelors. #masters-degree...

Jocelyne C.’s Avatar
Jocelyne C. Jan 22, 2018 610 views

What is the best way to keep myself motivated to get my masters?

I am currently in college and I want to get my masters in clinical mental health counseling. I know it is hard and anything is possible but I don't know if I would have the money to pay for it and it's just stressful to think about but I do want to get my masters.
#motivation #masters-degree

Christopher O.’s Avatar
Christopher O. Jan 22, 2018 642 views

How important is it to have a graduate school degree in the engineering work force?

I will be attending college as an engineering major, and I don't know if I want to pursue a graduate degree or not. I was wondering what percentage of the engineering work force only has undergraduate degrees and what percentage has graduate degrees. How significant is the job difference...