Career Questions tagged Masters Degree

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jul 31, 2020 198 views

What the key differences between undergraduate and graduate school?

I'm a current undergraduate student who will be graduating in the spring (if things go according to plan), and while graduate school wasn't originally part of my plan, it's something I've begun considering. I've found that there seems to be less advice out there regarding grad school as opposed...

#college-advice #july #degree #degrees #graduate #undergraduate #colleges #undergraduates #school #experience #july20 #schools #advice #college #higher-education #universities #university #scholarship #graduate-schools #masters-degree #experiences #graduates #graduate-school #education #future

Zoe Z.’s Avatar
Zoe Z. Jul 18, 2020 120 views

Is a master in economics worth it?

I'm a sophomore in college. I am majoring in statistics and economics. My school's program allows me to pursue a master continuing my undergraduate study. I heard many people suggest economics graduates to pursue a more technical master such as data science to find better jobs, so I was...

#statistics #economics #july20 #masters-degree #master

Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. Aug 02, 2019 318 views

What policy jobs can I get without an MPP?

I just finished a summer program in public policy, and discovered that while I love the topic, I'm not a big fan of how it is taught in MPP programs. What kind of jobs in public policy can I get without a degree? If I want to do policy advocacy, should I go ahead and pursue the degree? #policy...

#masters-degree #career #job #public-policy

Jocelyne C.’s Avatar
Jocelyne C. Jan 22, 2018 349 views

What is the best way to get help financially to get my masters?

I don't know if there are scholarships for masters program. I want to get my masters degree in clinical mental health counseling and I want to also know if there is anything I should do to prepare myself. I still have about . 2 years left until I graduate from my bachelors. #masters-degree...

#clinical-psychology #financial-aid #student-debt #financial-planning

Anna V.’s Avatar
Anna V. Jan 19, 2018 396 views

As a candidate for a Master's in Literacy, I will need to do a case study. Which topic for my case study will help struggling readers the most?

In order to get a Master's in Literacy you must work on a case study and do research with the students you are currently teaching. Since the case study is a labor intensive process, I want to study something that will actually impact student learning and reading proficiency. #reading...

#masters-degree #literacy #masters #research

Dierdre S.’s Avatar
Dierdre S. May 14, 2018 325 views

What is the advantage of getting a Masters Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science

I would like to get a #masters-degree in #clinical-lab-science but I want to know what the benefit is over solely having a #bachelorsdegree in -laboratory science #healthcare #research #science #medicine...

#clinical

Alex R.’s Avatar
Alex R. May 29, 2018 370 views

Is being an electrical engineer a viable option?

I plan to do engineering at Dartmouth College and plan to concentrate on electrical engineering. I also plan on going to graduates school after Dartmouth. I love electrical engineering, but I am not sure if it is a viable option in terms of job opportunity. What do you think? #dartmouth...

#masters-degree #science #job-outlook #electrical-engineering

Omar R.’s Avatar
Omar R. Apr 28, 2018 304 views

What are some good ways to get funding for an MPH program and study abroad programs?

I will be starting my MPH in epidemiology in the fall and I do not have much money. My entire education has been self funded. I am very interested in being a field epidemiologist and do more hands on work. I have seen some great summer programs where students can go to developing countries and...

#mph #graduate-school #masters-degree #epidemiology #public-health

Stephanie P.’s Avatar
Stephanie P. Apr 26, 2018 427 views

Will I be able to complete academic research in a field with only a master’s degree, or should I plan to earn a doctorate?

I want to continue to study the relationships between education, psychology, and the ongoing digital revolution. It’s my current goal to be an online college instructor with a master’s degree in education and technology. #higher-education #education #technology #career #onlinelearning...

#masters #masters-degree #instruction #instructional-technology #future-careers #teacher #elearning #instructor

Evgeni R.’s Avatar
Evgeni R. Apr 23, 2018 329 views

Is a masters in any engineering field worth the extra investment?

I'm a prospective engineering student and I was wondering if pursuing a masters in the future is a worthy investment of time and money, or if I should plan on just getting my degree and starting work? The financial aspect of college is a big deal for my family and me, so a professional opinion...

#masters-degree #masters #paying-for-college #engineering

Emily V.’s Avatar
Emily V. Apr 21, 2018 309 views

Is it necessary to get a masters degree to be a public relations professional?

I'd like to get into the field right after finishing my undergraduate but I know a masters would give me an edge. Is it advised to get a masters and then go into the field, get one later, or not get one at all? #publicrelations #masters...

#masters-degree

Abigail C.’s Avatar
Abigail C. Apr 08, 2018 432 views

Is it worth earning higher than a bachelor's when pursuing a career in environmental engineering?

I plan to get a bachelor's degree in environmental engineering for sure, but would it be worth the time, money($40K/yr at the school I am looking at), and effort to work towards a master's or PhD? #engineering #environmental-engineering #money #debt #degrees #bachelors-degree #bachelorsdegree...

#career-paths #environmental #career-path #masters-degree #phd #mastersdegree #environment #environmental-science #career-planning #career-plan

Kailey K.’s Avatar
Kailey K. Mar 25, 2018 525 views

Is it worth it to get a Master's in Law Enforcement?

I'm currently attending Western Illinois University. About a quarter of the entire student body are Law Enforcement majors. I feel like a lot of the professors are pushing students to get a Master's Degree in Law Enforcement. How beneficial do you think this would be? #masters-degree...

#law-enforcement #college-major #police #leja

Halli R.’s Avatar
Halli R. Mar 20, 2018 235 views

Should I stay in school and obtain my Master's Degree before entering the work force or get a job out of college and then go back once I have some experience?

I will be graduating with an Environmental Engineering Degree and wonder if it is better to finish my Master's or get a job and then go back to school....

#masters-degree

Devetra C.’s Avatar
Devetra C. Mar 09, 2018 330 views
Tiffany K.’s Avatar
Tiffany K. Jan 25, 2018 413 views

What career options do I have if I'm studying political science in university?

Unsure whether or not I should go to law school after my undergraduate degree or do my Masters #lawschool #masters-degree #political-science #college-major...

Jocelyne C.’s Avatar
Jocelyne C. Jan 22, 2018 426 views

What is the best way to keep myself motivated to get my masters?

I am currently in college and I want to get my masters in clinical mental health counseling. I know it is hard and anything is possible but I don't know if I would have the money to pay for it and it's just stressful to think about but I do want to get my masters. #motivation...

#masters-degree

Christopher O.’s Avatar
Christopher O. Jan 22, 2018 464 views

How important is it to have a graduate school degree in the engineering work force?

I will be attending college as an engineering major, and I don't know if I want to pursue a graduate degree or not. I was wondering what percentage of the engineering work force only has undergraduate degrees and what percentage has graduate degrees. How significant is the job difference...

#masters-degree #graduate-school #engineering

India L.’s Avatar
India L. Jan 16, 2018 248 views

When should I earn my master's degree?

I'm studying to be a teacher, and I've heard different things about when I should earn my master's. Some people say I should earn it, then get a job, while others have told me it's better to earn my bachelor's, get a job, and then work on my master's in the summer. #teaching #masters-degree...

#job

Sue B.’s Avatar
Sue B. Jan 16, 2018 398 views

What are the two most important things to be aware of as I enter the workforce as a master's level professional?

In two years I will be looking for work with a master's degree. I am wondering how to get the best position possible. In social work there are many opportunities. #socialwork #masters-degree #lcsw...

#therapists

Sue B.’s Avatar
Sue B. Jan 16, 2018 1214 views

What is the most difficult part of getting a master's degree?

I'm just starting my master's program at Utah State University and am finding that it is different than most of my bachelor's levels classes. #social-work...

#masters-degree

Kevin R.’s Avatar
Kevin R. Jan 15, 2018 614 views

How long will it be until I get my Masters degree?

I hopefully plan to get my masters degree by 2024 and finally start working in my profession, but I know that as I grow older, life gets harder and may delay the projection that I have. Either way, I hope to reach it by 2024 and that's one of my goals, but the future holds it all....

#education #graduate-school #masters-degree #businessmajor #school

Jayden P.’s Avatar
Jayden P. Jan 12, 2018 321 views

Is it better to just do Automotive engineering or do a combination of mechanical and electrical engineering?

Specifically I would do Mechanics and Power and I want to do research and development for an automotive company specifically doing propulsion systems. Things like drivetrain and the engine. Since the future is electric power, I think it is a good idea to have the knowledge of electrical...

#masters-degree #electrical-and-electronic-manufacturing #research-and-development #automotive-engineering #electrical-engineering #electric-vehicles #mechanics #mechanical-engineering

Jayden P.’s Avatar
Jayden P. Jan 10, 2018 408 views

If I wanted to get a job in automotive research in development, is it worth it to major in both electrical and mechanical engineering?

I am thinking about getting at least a masters in both electrical and mechanical engineering but I am wondering if it is even worth it or if I should just get a masters/PhD in mechanical engineering. #electrical-engineering #mechanical-engineering #automotive-engineering...

#masters-degree #research-and-development #science-phd

Ashley H.’s Avatar
Ashley H. Dec 17, 2017 708 views

Is pursuing a master's degree or higher worth it?

I currently pursuing my Bachelor's degree in environmental sciences, and I originally was going to pursue a master's and a Ph.D. after its completion. However, in speaking to advisors, classmates and a couple of individuals in related fields, I have become hesitant about my original plan. With...

#graduate-school #masters-degree #environmental-science #higher-education #phd

Jennifer H.’s Avatar
Jennifer H. Dec 09, 2017 464 views