Career Questions tagged Masters Degree

Zoe Z.’s Avatar
Zoe Z. Jul 18 87 views

Is a master in economics worth it?

I'm a sophomore in college. I am majoring in statistics and economics. My school's program allows me to pursue a master continuing my undergraduate study. I heard many people suggest economics graduates to pursue a more technical master such as data science to find better jobs, so I was...

#july20 #economics #masters-degree #statistics #master

Anna V.’s Avatar
Anna V. Jan 19, 2018 335 views

As a candidate for a Master's in Literacy, I will need to do a case study. Which topic for my case study will help struggling readers the most?

In order to get a Master's in Literacy you must work on a case study and do research with the students you are currently teaching. Since the case study is a labor intensive process, I want to study something that will actually impact student learning and reading proficiency. #reading...

#research #masters-degree #literacy #masters

India L.’s Avatar
India L. Jan 16, 2018 219 views

When should I earn my master's degree?

I'm studying to be a teacher, and I've heard different things about when I should earn my master's. Some people say I should earn it, then get a job, while others have told me it's better to earn my bachelor's, get a job, and then work on my master's in the summer. #teaching #masters-degree...

#job

Sue B.’s Avatar
Sue B. Jan 16, 2018 368 views

What are the two most important things to be aware of as I enter the workforce as a master's level professional?

In two years I will be looking for work with a master's degree. I am wondering how to get the best position possible. In social work there are many opportunities. #socialwork #masters-degree #lcsw...

#therapists

Sue B.’s Avatar
Sue B. Jan 16, 2018 1056 views

What is the most difficult part of getting a master's degree?

I'm just starting my master's program at Utah State University and am finding that it is different than most of my bachelor's levels classes. #social-work...

#masters-degree

Kevin R.’s Avatar
Kevin R. Jan 15, 2018 559 views

How long will it be until I get my Masters degree?

I hopefully plan to get my masters degree by 2024 and finally start working in my profession, but I know that as I grow older, life gets harder and may delay the projection that I have. Either way, I hope to reach it by 2024 and that's one of my goals, but the future holds it all....

#education #school #businessmajor #masters-degree #graduate-school

Jayden P.’s Avatar
Jayden P. Jan 12, 2018 299 views

Is it better to just do Automotive engineering or do a combination of mechanical and electrical engineering?

Specifically I would do Mechanics and Power and I want to do research and development for an automotive company specifically doing propulsion systems. Things like drivetrain and the engine. Since the future is electric power, I think it is a good idea to have the knowledge of electrical...

#electrical-engineering #electrical-and-electronic-manufacturing #mechanical-engineering #automotive-engineering #masters-degree #research-and-development #mechanics #electric-vehicles

Jayden P.’s Avatar
Jayden P. Jan 10, 2018 372 views

If I wanted to get a job in automotive research in development, is it worth it to major in both electrical and mechanical engineering?

I am thinking about getting at least a masters in both electrical and mechanical engineering but I am wondering if it is even worth it or if I should just get a masters/PhD in mechanical engineering. #electrical-engineering #mechanical-engineering #automotive-engineering...

#science-phd #masters-degree #research-and-development

Ashley H.’s Avatar
Ashley H. Dec 17, 2017 670 views

Is pursuing a master's degree or higher worth it?

I currently pursuing my Bachelor's degree in environmental sciences, and I originally was going to pursue a master's and a Ph.D. after its completion. However, in speaking to advisors, classmates and a couple of individuals in related fields, I have become hesitant about my original plan. With...

#phd #environmental-science #masters-degree #higher-education #graduate-school

Jennifer H.’s Avatar
Jennifer H. Dec 09, 2017 426 views

Which major I should choose for my masters degree?

I am interested in majors that don't have many calculations involved. #career-path #college-major #masters-degree #college...

#career

Jennifer H.’s Avatar
Jennifer H. Dec 08, 2017 461 views

Is the UK a good place for studying for a master's?

I want to pursue a masters degree and I am struggling between United States and United Kingdom. #masters-degree #career-path #masters #graduate-school #college...

#united-kingdom

Chandler F.’s Avatar
Chandler F. Nov 28, 2017 387 views

Should sport management undergrads get their master’s degree?

I’ve heard that if a sport management student wants to make more than $40k when they enter the job market, they need to obtain a graduate degree — is this true? #sports #sports-management #masters-degree #sports-media #college #higher-education...

#career

Chandni D.’s Avatar
Chandni D. Oct 06, 2017 477 views

How is/was your experience of doing an MBA ?

I would like to know from professionals who have or are currently doing an MBA in Canada and the US. How was your experience ? Would you recommend doing it from Canada or the US if we look at the ROI ? #mba #masters-degree #masters #college #college-advice #higher-education...

#business

RAVI M.’s Avatar
RAVI M. Oct 13, 2017 550 views

How to get admission in IIT for post-graduation?

I have completed my B.Sc. from #physics, now I want to pursue for my post-graduation. Is there anyone who can tell me that how to get admission in IIT to pursue for master’s? #masters #masters-degree...

#india

Huy D.’s Avatar
Huy D. May 20, 2016 449 views
Huy D.’s Avatar
Huy D. May 20, 2016 460 views

When I am studying, and if I receive and internship, Is there any possible chances of pay? What specific skills should I keep in mind for my future career in nursing?

I am a sophomore, and I am truly dedicated to the idea of one day becoming a nurse, Doctor, or any kind of health professional. I want to be able to earn these chosen careers because my goal, dream is to be able to live a life of helping people. I want to ensure a safe and healthy world. My...

#pre-med #phd #physician #masters-degree #nursing #doctor #associates-degree #surgeon

Sara M.’s Avatar
Sara M. Oct 27, 2016 413 views

Is a Masters degree useful in the world of optics?

I am trying to decide if I should ask about going for my doctorate next fall. I am currently working on my masters and taking the same courses as a PhD student in optical sciences would. I am trying to assess the benefits of getting my masters if my plan is to eventually get a PhD in the same...

#career-counseling #masters-degree #graduate-school #doctorate-degree #optics #science

Taylor H.’s Avatar
Taylor H. Sep 01, 2017 478 views

Does a Master's Degree actually open more job fields and bigger pay opportunities?

I have a bachelors degree and currently am pursuing a Masters, but I was wondering if it was worth all the money and time? Will more job opportunities be available? Will pay be higher? #isitworthit #college-advice #financial-planning...

#masters-degree

Karen P.’s Avatar
Karen P. Sep 04, 2017 478 views

Would it be better to obtain an undergraduate and graduate degree separately or together in a single program?

I am a high school student going into my senior year and can't decide which program route I should go into. Over the summer, I have discovered my passion for the occupational therapy field and the good that comes out of it. Knowing very well that I want to major in that study, I started looking...

#undergraduate #college-degree #masters-degree #university #masters #college #occupational-therapy #bachelor #college-major #graduate-school

Britany W.’s Avatar
Britany W. Jul 30, 2017 489 views

What do I do with my degree?!

I am a recent graduate with a Master of Arts degree in Forensic Psychology and have NO idea what the next step is. I have considered juvenile probation, but I think my end goal is to work for the FBI's Behavioral Science Unit. I just want to know what types of careers people with this degree...

#masters-in-psychology #behavioral-counseling #masters-degree #forensic-psychology

Saurabh K.’s Avatar
Saurabh K. Jun 13, 2017 661 views

Which Degree i Should do After BCA(Bachelor in Computer Application) ?

I am confused that whether i should do M.Sc.IT(Master of Science in Information Technology) or MCA(Master In Computer Application). #software #degree #information-technology #japan #bachelors-degree #masters-degree #bachelor...

#computer-appllication

Jack R.’s Avatar
Jack R. May 18, 2017 533 views

College? Minors, Majors, and coursework?

I know I may be a little young (ninth grader here) to be asking such a question, but I am curious as to how college really "works". I would love to attend a specific college and I'm going to make sure my grades are good for it, but I wouldn't know what to do after graduating and going off to...

#prerequisites #majors-and-minors #college-majors #masters-degree #gender-studies #college-minors #sexuality

Darcie I.’s Avatar
Darcie I. Apr 04, 2017 615 views

What jobs relate to the field of international relations/development?

I am currently working towards an undergraduate degree in international development/globalization with a minor in political science at the University of Ottawa. While I am very interested and inspired by the content I have been learning, I am not sure exactly what I want to specialize in when...

#international #political-science #human-rights #masters-degree #globalization #politics #international-relations #international-development

Alexah R.’s Avatar
Alexah R. Mar 21, 2017 618 views

How many years of college do you have to have to be a orthodontist?

Very intersted in becoming a orthodontic when I older. #masters-degree...

#orthodontist

Bridget S.’s Avatar
Bridget S. Feb 25, 2017 614 views

What are some grad schools that offer a Master of Finance degree?

Looking into graduate school and starting a list of possible graduate schools that offer a Master of Finance degree. #finance #higher-education #colleges #masters-degree #mba #corporate-finance...

#business-school

Tristan T.’s Avatar
Tristan T. Feb 09, 2017 844 views
Emma R.’s Avatar
Emma R. Feb 02, 2017 433 views

How much of an income difference is there between a Master's in Psychology and a Ph D in Psychology?

I'm taking a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and considering graduate school. I'm wondering how much more money someone with a Ph D would make vs. someone with a Masters working as a counsellor/therapist? #psychology #therapy #phd #masters-degree #therapists #family-therapy...

#social-science-phd #group-therapy

samson O.’s Avatar
samson O. Feb 01, 2017 438 views

Understanding the course

So I was in a class and this professor was teaching about optical fibres, these was something I once did in my undergraduate days, but I didn't pay attention to it. I am totally blank on what he is teaching. How do I go about understanding and passing the course? #doctor #teacher...

#educators #child-development #masters-degree

Georgia B.’s Avatar
Georgia B. Feb 01, 2017 435 views

Experience on studying abroad

I am due to graduate this summer of 2017 (hopefully!) and I am considering a masters. I have stayed at a local university to complete my degree and have been considering studying abroad for my masters. I am considering Germany or Spain and I am from England. I was wondering if anyone could...

#study-abroad #living-abroad #travel #graduating #traveling #masters-degree