Career Questions tagged Masters Degree

Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. Aug 02

What policy jobs can I get without an MPP?

I just finished a summer program in public policy, and discovered that while I love the topic, I'm not a big fan of how it is taught in MPP programs. What kind of jobs in public policy can I get without a degree? If I want to do policy advocacy, should I go ahead and pursue the degree? #policy...

#public-policy #career #masters-degree #job

Jocelyne C.’s Avatar
Jocelyne C. Jan 22, 2018

What is the best way to get help financially to get my masters?

I don't know if there are scholarships for masters program. I want to get my masters degree in clinical mental health counseling and I want to also know if there is anything I should do to prepare myself. I still have about . 2 years left until I graduate from my bachelors. #masters-degree...

#financial-planning #financial-aid #student-debt #clinical-psychology

Anna V.’s Avatar
Anna V. Jan 19, 2018

As a candidate for a Master's in Literacy, I will need to do a case study. Which topic for my case study will help struggling readers the most?

In order to get a Master's in Literacy you must work on a case study and do research with the students you are currently teaching. Since the case study is a labor intensive process, I want to study something that will actually impact student learning and reading proficiency. #reading...

#research #masters #literacy #masters-degree

Dierdre S.’s Avatar
Dierdre S. May 14, 2018

What is the advantage of getting a Masters Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science

I would like to get a #masters-degree in #clinical-lab-science but I want to know what the benefit is over solely having a #bachelorsdegree in #medical-laboratory science #healthcare #research #science #medicine #medical...

#clinical

Alex R.’s Avatar
Alex R. May 29, 2018

Is being an electrical engineer a viable option?

I plan to do engineering at Dartmouth College and plan to concentrate on electrical engineering. I also plan on going to graduates school after Dartmouth. I love electrical engineering, but I am not sure if it is a viable option in terms of job opportunity. What do you think? #dartmouth...

#science #electrical-engineering #masters-degree #job-outlook

Omar R.’s Avatar
Omar R. Apr 28, 2018

What are some good ways to get funding for an MPH program and study abroad programs?

I will be starting my MPH in epidemiology in the fall and I do not have much money. My entire education has been self funded. I am very interested in being a field epidemiologist and do more hands on work. I have seen some great summer programs where students can go to developing countries and...

#public-health #epidemiology #mph #masters-degree #graduate-school

Stephanie P.’s Avatar
Stephanie P. Apr 26, 2018

Will I be able to complete academic research in a field with only a master’s degree, or should I plan to earn a doctorate?

I want to continue to study the relationships between education, psychology, and the ongoing digital revolution. It’s my current goal to be an online college instructor with a master’s degree in education and technology. #higher-education #education #technology #career #onlinelearning...

#instructional-technology #elearning #instructor #teacher #future-careers #masters #instruction #masters-degree

Evgeni R.’s Avatar
Evgeni R. Apr 23, 2018

Is a masters in any engineering field worth the extra investment?

I'm a prospective engineering student and I was wondering if pursuing a masters in the future is a worthy investment of time and money, or if I should plan on just getting my degree and starting work? The financial aspect of college is a big deal for my family and me, so a professional opinion...

#engineering #masters #masters-degree #paying-for-college

Emily V.’s Avatar
Emily V. Apr 21, 2018

Is it necessary to get a masters degree to be a public relations professional?

I'd like to get into the field right after finishing my undergraduate but I know a masters would give me an edge. Is it advised to get a masters and then go into the field, get one later, or not get one at all? #publicrelations #masters...

#masters-degree

Abigail C.’s Avatar
Abigail C. Apr 08, 2018

Is it worth earning higher than a bachelor's when pursuing a career in environmental engineering?

I plan to get a bachelor's degree in environmental engineering for sure, but would it be worth the time, money($40K/yr at the school I am looking at), and effort to work towards a master's or PhD? #engineering #environmental-engineering #money #debt #degrees #bachelors-degree #bachelorsdegree...

#mastersdegree #environmental-science #environmental #environment #phd #career-path #career-paths #career-planning #masters-degree #career-plan

Kailey K.’s Avatar
Kailey K. Mar 25, 2018

Is it worth it to get a Master's in Law Enforcement?

I'm currently attending Western Illinois University. About a quarter of the entire student body are Law Enforcement majors. I feel like a lot of the professors are pushing students to get a Master's Degree in Law Enforcement. How beneficial do you think this would be? #masters-degree...

#leja #police #college-major #law-enforcement

Halli R.’s Avatar
Halli R. Mar 20, 2018

Should I stay in school and obtain my Master's Degree before entering the work force or get a job out of college and then go back once I have some experience?

I will be graduating with an Environmental Engineering Degree and wonder if it is better to finish my Master's or get a job and then go back to school....

#masters-degree

Devetra C.’s Avatar
Devetra C. Mar 09, 2018
Tiffany K.’s Avatar
Tiffany K. Jan 25, 2018

What career options do I have if I'm studying political science in university?

Unsure whether or not I should go to law school after my undergraduate degree or do my Masters #lawschool #masters-degree #political-science #college-major...

Jocelyne C.’s Avatar
Jocelyne C. Jan 22, 2018

What is the best way to keep myself motivated to get my masters?

I am currently in college and I want to get my masters in clinical mental health counseling. I know it is hard and anything is possible but I don't know if I would have the money to pay for it and it's just stressful to think about but I do want to get my masters. #motivation...

#masters-degree

Christopher O.’s Avatar
Christopher O. Jan 22, 2018

How important is it to have a graduate school degree in the engineering work force?

I will be attending college as an engineering major, and I don't know if I want to pursue a graduate degree or not. I was wondering what percentage of the engineering work force only has undergraduate degrees and what percentage has graduate degrees. How significant is the job difference...

#engineering #masters-degree #graduate-school

India L.’s Avatar
India L. Jan 16, 2018

When should I earn my master's degree?

I'm studying to be a teacher, and I've heard different things about when I should earn my master's. Some people say I should earn it, then get a job, while others have told me it's better to earn my bachelor's, get a job, and then work on my master's in the summer. #teaching #masters-degree...

#job

Sue B.’s Avatar
Sue B. Jan 16, 2018

What are the two most important things to be aware of as I enter the workforce as a master's level professional?

In two years I will be looking for work with a master's degree. I am wondering how to get the best position possible. In social work there are many opportunities. #socialwork #masters-degree #lcsw...

#therapists

Sue B.’s Avatar
Sue B. Jan 16, 2018

What is the most difficult part of getting a master's degree?

I'm just starting my master's program at Utah State University and am finding that it is different than most of my bachelor's levels classes. #social-work...

#masters-degree

Kevin R.’s Avatar
Kevin R. Jan 15, 2018

How long will it be until I get my Masters degree?

I hopefully plan to get my masters degree by 2024 and finally start working in my profession, but I know that as I grow older, life gets harder and may delay the projection that I have. Either way, I hope to reach it by 2024 and that's one of my goals, but the future holds it all....

#education #school #businessmajor #masters-degree #graduate-school

Jayden P.’s Avatar
Jayden P. Jan 12, 2018

Is it better to just do Automotive engineering or do a combination of mechanical and electrical engineering?

Specifically I would do Mechanics and Power and I want to do research and development for an automotive company specifically doing propulsion systems. Things like drivetrain and the engine. Since the future is electric power, I think it is a good idea to have the knowledge of electrical...

#electrical-engineering #electric-vehicles #electrical-and-electronic-manufacturing #automotive-engineering #mechanics #research-and-development #masters-degree #mechanical-engineering

Jayden P.’s Avatar
Jayden P. Jan 10, 2018

If I wanted to get a job in automotive research in development, is it worth it to major in both electrical and mechanical engineering?

I am thinking about getting at least a masters in both electrical and mechanical engineering but I am wondering if it is even worth it or if I should just get a masters/PhD in mechanical engineering. #electrical-engineering #mechanical-engineering #automotive-engineering...

#science-phd #research-and-development #masters-degree

Ashley H.’s Avatar
Ashley H. Dec 17, 2017

Is pursuing a master's degree or higher worth it?

I currently pursuing my Bachelor's degree in environmental sciences, and I originally was going to pursue a master's and a Ph.D. after its completion. However, in speaking to advisors, classmates and a couple of individuals in related fields, I have become hesitant about my original plan. With...

#environmental-science #higher-education #phd #masters-degree #graduate-school

Jennifer H.’s Avatar
Jennifer H. Dec 09, 2017

Which major I should choose for my masters degree?

I am interested in majors that don't have many calculations involved. #career-path #college-major #masters-degree #college...

#career

Jennifer H.’s Avatar
Jennifer H. Dec 08, 2017

Is the UK a good place for studying for a master's?

I want to pursue a masters degree and I am struggling between United States and United Kingdom. #masters-degree #career-path #masters #graduate-school #college...

#united-kingdom

Chandler F.’s Avatar
Chandler F. Nov 28, 2017

Should sport management undergrads get their master’s degree?

I’ve heard that if a sport management student wants to make more than $40k when they enter the job market, they need to obtain a graduate degree — is this true? #sports #sports-management #masters-degree #sports-media #college #higher-education...

#career

Chandni D.’s Avatar
Chandni D. Oct 06, 2017

How is/was your experience of doing an MBA ?

I would like to know from professionals who have or are currently doing an MBA in Canada and the US. How was your experience ? Would you recommend doing it from Canada or the US if we look at the ROI ? #mba #masters-degree #masters #college #college-advice #higher-education...

#business

RAVI M.’s Avatar
RAVI M. Oct 13, 2017

How to get admission in IIT for post-graduation?

I have completed my B.Sc. from #physics, now I want to pursue for my post-graduation. Is there anyone who can tell me that how to get admission in IIT to pursue for master’s? #masters #masters-degree...

#india