Career Questions tagged Masters Degree

Savreet K.’s Avatar
Savreet K. Apr 30, 2021 105 views

Master of surgery(general surgery) and MCh in Canada after MBBS from India

What are the steps I have to take for doing Master of Surgery in general surgery and then Master of Chirurgiae in neurosurgery from Canada after completing my MBBS from India? Where should I go? What is the application process and the steps for it? masters-degree medicalschool...

neurosurgery

Savreet K.’s Avatar
Savreet K. Apr 30, 2021 142 views

Master of surgery(general surgery) and MCh in U.S.A. after MBBS from India

What are the steps I have to take for doing Master of Surgery in general surgery and then Master of Chirurgiae in neurosurgery from U.S.A. after completing my MBBS from India? Where should I go? What is the application process and the steps for it? masters-degree medicalschool...

neurosurgery

Andy X.’s Avatar
Andy X. Apr 14, 2021 327 views

It is worth it to pursue a master's degree?

I'm currently a senior in high school and I am currently about to go to college. I want to know what I can do after my undergraduate degree. college degree...

masters-degree

Abby T.’s Avatar
Abby T. Apr 05, 2021 273 views

I need some opinions on online master's degree programs, specifically in the laboratory field.

Has anyone been a part of The George Washington University's online master's program in clinical laboratory sciences, or know anyone that has? I would really like to get some opinions on the quality of learning, especially online (the aspect that I am most worried about). If you have any advice...

cls gwu laboratory-science mls lab-technology lab-science online-school masters-degree

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jul 31, 2020 393 views

What the key differences between undergraduate and graduate school?

I'm a current undergraduate student who will be graduating in the spring (if things go according to plan), and while graduate school wasn't originally part of my plan, it's something I've begun considering. I've found that there seems to be less advice out there regarding grad school as opposed...

undergraduate higher-education july20 graduate advice college degree undergraduates scholarship masters-degree colleges graduates graduate-schools universities july education graduate-school future experience school college-advice experiences university schools degrees

Zoe Z.’s Avatar
Zoe Z. Jul 18, 2020 390 views

Is a master in economics worth it?

I'm a sophomore in college. I am majoring in statistics and economics. My school's program allows me to pursue a master continuing my undergraduate study. I heard many people suggest economics graduates to pursue a more technical master such as data science to find better jobs, so I was...

master july20 masters-degree economics statistics

Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. Aug 02, 2019 730 views

What policy jobs can I get without an MPP?

I just finished a summer program in public policy, and discovered that while I love the topic, I'm not a big fan of how it is taught in MPP programs. What kind of jobs in public policy can I get without a degree? If I want to do policy advocacy, should I go ahead and pursue the degree? policy...

masters-degree career public-policy job

Jocelyne C.’s Avatar
Jocelyne C. Jan 22, 2018 471 views

What is the best way to get help financially to get my masters?

I don't know if there are scholarships for masters program. I want to get my masters degree in clinical mental health counseling and I want to also know if there is anything I should do to prepare myself. I still have about . 2 years left until I graduate from my bachelors. masters-degree...

clinical-psychology financial-planning financial-aid student-debt

Anna V.’s Avatar
Anna V. Jan 19, 2018 552 views

As a candidate for a Master's in Literacy, I will need to do a case study. Which topic for my case study will help struggling readers the most?

In order to get a Master's in Literacy you must work on a case study and do research with the students you are currently teaching. Since the case study is a labor intensive process, I want to study something that will actually impact student learning and reading proficiency. reading...

masters-degree literacy masters research

Dierdre S.’s Avatar
Dierdre S. May 14, 2018 470 views

What is the advantage of getting a Masters Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science

I would like to get a masters-degree in clinical-lab-science but I want to know what the benefit is over solely having a bachelorsdegree in -laboratory science healthcare research science medicine...

clinical

Alex R.’s Avatar
Alex R. May 29, 2018 703 views

Is being an electrical engineer a viable option?

I plan to do engineering at Dartmouth College and plan to concentrate on electrical engineering. I also plan on going to graduates school after Dartmouth. I love electrical engineering, but I am not sure if it is a viable option in terms of job opportunity. What do you think? dartmouth...

masters-degree electrical-engineering job-outlook science

Omar R.’s Avatar
Omar R. Apr 28, 2018 448 views

What are some good ways to get funding for an MPH program and study abroad programs?

I will be starting my MPH in epidemiology in the fall and I do not have much money. My entire education has been self funded. I am very interested in being a field epidemiologist and do more hands on work. I have seen some great summer programs where students can go to developing countries and...

graduate-school mph public-health masters-degree epidemiology

Stephanie P.’s Avatar
Stephanie P. Apr 26, 2018 544 views

Will I be able to complete academic research in a field with only a master’s degree, or should I plan to earn a doctorate?

I want to continue to study the relationships between education, psychology, and the ongoing digital revolution. It’s my current goal to be an online college instructor with a master’s degree in education and technology. higher-education education technology career onlinelearning...

teacher instructor elearning instruction masters-degree future-careers masters instructional-technology

Evgeni R.’s Avatar
Evgeni R. Apr 23, 2018 458 views

Is a masters in any engineering field worth the extra investment?

I'm a prospective engineering student and I was wondering if pursuing a masters in the future is a worthy investment of time and money, or if I should plan on just getting my degree and starting work? The financial aspect of college is a big deal for my family and me, so a professional opinion...

engineering masters-degree paying-for-college masters

Emily V.’s Avatar
Emily V. Apr 21, 2018 421 views

Is it necessary to get a masters degree to be a public relations professional?

I'd like to get into the field right after finishing my undergraduate but I know a masters would give me an edge. Is it advised to get a masters and then go into the field, get one later, or not get one at all? publicrelations masters...

masters-degree

Abigail C.’s Avatar
Abigail C. Apr 08, 2018 594 views

Is it worth earning higher than a bachelor's when pursuing a career in environmental engineering?

I plan to get a bachelor's degree in environmental engineering for sure, but would it be worth the time, money($40K/yr at the school I am looking at), and effort to work towards a master's or PhD? engineering environmental-engineering money debt degrees bachelors-degree bachelorsdegree...

phd career-path career-paths career-plan environmental-science environmental career-planning masters-degree mastersdegree environment

Kailey K.’s Avatar
Kailey K. Mar 25, 2018 654 views

Is it worth it to get a Master's in Law Enforcement?

I'm currently attending Western Illinois University. About a quarter of the entire student body are Law Enforcement majors. I feel like a lot of the professors are pushing students to get a Master's Degree in Law Enforcement. How beneficial do you think this would be? masters-degree...

leja college-major law-enforcement police

Halli R.’s Avatar
Halli R. Mar 20, 2018 355 views

Should I stay in school and obtain my Master's Degree before entering the work force or get a job out of college and then go back once I have some experience?

I will be graduating with an Environmental Engineering Degree and wonder if it is better to finish my Master's or get a job and then go back to school....

masters-degree

Tiffany K.’s Avatar
Tiffany K. Jan 25, 2018 514 views

What career options do I have if I'm studying political science in university?

Unsure whether or not I should go to law school after my undergraduate degree or do my Masters lawschool masters-degree political-science college-major...

college

Jocelyne C.’s Avatar
Jocelyne C. Jan 22, 2018 541 views

What is the best way to keep myself motivated to get my masters?

I am currently in college and I want to get my masters in clinical mental health counseling. I know it is hard and anything is possible but I don't know if I would have the money to pay for it and it's just stressful to think about but I do want to get my masters. motivation...

masters-degree

Christopher O.’s Avatar
Christopher O. Jan 22, 2018 565 views

How important is it to have a graduate school degree in the engineering work force?

I will be attending college as an engineering major, and I don't know if I want to pursue a graduate degree or not. I was wondering what percentage of the engineering work force only has undergraduate degrees and what percentage has graduate degrees. How significant is the job difference...

masters-degree engineering graduate-school

India L.’s Avatar
India L. Jan 16, 2018 438 views

When should I earn my master's degree?

I'm studying to be a teacher, and I've heard different things about when I should earn my master's. Some people say I should earn it, then get a job, while others have told me it's better to earn my bachelor's, get a job, and then work on my master's in the summer. teaching masters-degree...

job

Sue B.’s Avatar
Sue B. Jan 16, 2018 561 views

What are the two most important things to be aware of as I enter the workforce as a master's level professional?

In two years I will be looking for work with a master's degree. I am wondering how to get the best position possible. In social work there are many opportunities. socialwork masters-degree lcsw...

therapists

Sue B.’s Avatar
Sue B. Jan 16, 2018 1688 views

What is the most difficult part of getting a master's degree?

I'm just starting my master's program at Utah State University and am finding that it is different than most of my bachelor's levels classes. social-work...

masters-degree

Kevin R.’s Avatar
Kevin R. Jan 15, 2018 894 views

How long will it be until I get my Masters degree?

I hopefully plan to get my masters degree by 2024 and finally start working in my profession, but I know that as I grow older, life gets harder and may delay the projection that I have. Either way, I hope to reach it by 2024 and that's one of my goals, but the future holds it all....

education graduate-school businessmajor school masters-degree