Career Questions tagged Majors

Each college will have a list of different majors to choose from. The college major will determine the requirements needed to graduate with a degree. For more information, please read...

Lauren L.’s Avatar
Lauren L. Sep 04 31 views

Are you at a disadvantage if you apply undecided to college?

One of my main concerns is picking a major that I really like and enjoy but my interests are constantly changing so it has become a never ending circle of me going nowhere. My biggest concern is that if I don't know, will that leave me behind other people? #college #undecided...

#majors

Odai I.’s Avatar
Odai I. Nov 08, 2018 349 views

Dentistry or Computer engineering

Hello I was wondering what major is better (Makes more money, wouldn't need much time to find a suting job opportunity)etc.. I have 2 majors in mind (Dentistry & Computer engineering) I'd love Dentistry because of 1: I can make my own clinic 2: I am my own boss 3.I am pretty good in...

#dentistry #engineering #computer-engineer #computer #it #majors #computer-software #medical

Armando H.’s Avatar
Armando H. Aug 31, 2018 202 views

How did you find your passion/major?

Many students, like myself, go to college and wonder "is this really the right major for me?". One terrible fact is (if you are already in college) the longer you take to find what you actually want to major in, the more it costs to change it. So I would like to know, how did you find what...

#field #major #majors #college #psychology

Elizabeth W.’s Avatar
Elizabeth W. Aug 30, 2018 161 views

Are credits your freshman year transferable to many different majors?

I am taking an ASL course, as well as 4 other courses, but it looks like only 1 of them matches up to what I should be taking for an elementary education major. Would most my class credits be able to transfer to the education department, or would I be an entire semester behind (minus 1 class)?...

#majors #credits #classes

Elizabeth W.’s Avatar
Elizabeth W. Aug 30, 2018 135 views

If I'm thinking about a specific career, should I jump into it as soon as possible?

I'm looking into elementary education or special education or both, but I'm not sure as to which one. I was wondering even how to jump into the education major in general if I'm unsure what I want to do in the major. #major #majors...

Sujeong H.’s Avatar
Sujeong H. Aug 30, 2018 161 views

How do you know if you've found your right major, job, and school?

I've been talking to a lawyer and he just told me that he would have liked being a doctor more than being a lawyer. He has 2 kids and needs the income to feed them not going to school again. After seeing him regret his decision I'm worried about going to college and choosing my life. #lawyer...

#job #majors #future

Genevieve B.’s Avatar
Genevieve B. Aug 30, 2018 142 views

What are the best schools for majoring in film/cinematography production?

What schools would be best suited for this major? Are there certain schools that have an advantage over others? Would you immediately be able to work in the film industry following graduation and earning your degree? #majors #film #film-production #cinematography #film-schools #film-acting...

#television

Amanda R.’s Avatar
Amanda R. Aug 30, 2018 159 views

What major is good to be a Vet?

I want to be a veterinarian, but I don't know what I should major in. #majors...

#veterinarian

Sara W.’s Avatar
Sara W. Aug 30, 2018 255 views

What are good majors to pair with English Literature for a double major?

I'm really wanting to go into English Literature during college, but I think perhaps it would be wise to get a double major, for practicality and broader scope of career, but I'm not sure which major would be best to go into to supplement/compliment my Literature degree. #english #double-major...

#college-major #majors

Amber K.’s Avatar
Amber K. Aug 29, 2018 131 views

what is the best major for medical school?

What should I declare as my undergrad major to enter medical school? Some good schools do not have pre-med as an undergrad major. #majors #school #medical-school #professional #medical-school...

#major

Shelby Z.’s Avatar
Shelby Z. Aug 29, 2018 134 views

What is the difference between a physicians assistant and a nurse practitioner?

I am currently a health science major at Drexel University and I’m considering two paths of becoming either a physicians assistant or nurse practitioner. #majors...

#health

Evelynn O.’s Avatar
Evelynn O. Aug 29, 2018 194 views

If I graduate from college and realize I've chosen the wrong major, what are my options?

I think many college students feel the stress of choosing the college major that is right for them-- what if they choose wrong? I'd like to know what my options are in case I find myself in this situation a few years down the road. Thanks! #choosing-a-major #majors...

#career-counseling

Claire K.’s Avatar
Claire K. Aug 29, 2018 118 views
Lisa S.’s Avatar
Lisa S. Aug 29, 2018 141 views

How will I know how to set up majors and minors?

How do I set up majors and minors when I get to college? How many majors and minors can I have at one time? #college...

#majors

Valeria G.’s Avatar
Valeria G. Aug 27, 2018 165 views
Malvika K.’s Avatar
Malvika K. Aug 27, 2018 152 views

What should I major in to become a pharmacist while I am an undergrade?

There aren't many schools in California that have pre-pharmacy as a possible major and I do not have the funds to go out of state....

#majors

diety M.’s Avatar
diety M. Aug 26, 2018 146 views

Does switching majors cost more money?

I heard from many can't choose their majors right away and change them many times. Do you have to pay each time you decide to switch or is it free? #majors...

#savemoney

Audrey C.’s Avatar
Audrey C. Aug 26, 2018 113 views

How do you pick a major?

I have a lot of interests and it’s difficult to figure out what to choose as my major. A lot of people are asking me what I’m thinking of and I’m unsure. I’d like to get some advice on how to find what you’re passionate about. Thanks! #majors #college...

#help

Chelsea M.’s Avatar
Chelsea M. Aug 25, 2018 133 views
Jeron S.’s Avatar
Jeron S. Aug 25, 2018 144 views

Why study Business Marketing as a major?

I'm trying to find out if that would be the right course to take. #college-major #choosing-a-major #majors...

#college-majors

Laniece W.’s Avatar
Laniece W. Aug 24, 2018 198 views
Aubrey B.’s Avatar
Aubrey B. Aug 22, 2018 187 views

So much to do, so little time. What is it like to double major? Can I choose two unrelated majors, or do they have to be connected?

I have a lot of things that I'm interested in studying, but my top two are theatre and psychology. Crazy, right? Would it be possible for me to do both at the same time? #college #psychology #majors #career...

#theatre

Lauren J.’s Avatar
Lauren J. Aug 21, 2018 144 views

Where is the best place for a professional dancer to live?

I'm looking to major in dance and want to go somewhere where I will opportunities after college #dance...

#majors

Mariya T.’s Avatar
Mariya T. Aug 21, 2018 212 views

What should my major be as an undergrad if I want to attend medical school?

What major would be best to have as an undergraduate if I later want to attend medical school? Would it be something like biology, chemistry, or biochemistry? Or include something like psychology or sociology? Double majors and dual-degrees would be an option, but what do med school...

#med-school #premed #medicine #college-majors #majors #college #university #chemistry #biology #psychology

Allison W.’s Avatar
Allison W. Aug 21, 2018 125 views