Career Questions tagged Double Major

Anonymous A.’s Avatar
Anonymous A. Oct 05 18 views

I want to switch majors

I want to learn about media production and use the classes I am taking for something NOW, like youtube. I don't want a major that is not useful to me until I get the degree. #college-major #major #college-major...

#double-major

Monica G.’s Avatar
Monica G. Sep 27, 2018 151 views

Would it be more beneficial to obtain a minor or double major?

I am a currently biochemistry student and I am very indecisive in my career path. I want to ultimately research and help in the process of creating medicines and treatments to disorders, but I also want to study genetics and cancer stem research. So, I have decided to either undertake a minor...

#minor #biology #college-major #science #genetics #double-major #college #major #molecular

Sara W.’s Avatar
Sara W. Aug 30, 2018 254 views

What are good majors to pair with English Literature for a double major?

I'm really wanting to go into English Literature during college, but I think perhaps it would be wise to get a double major, for practicality and broader scope of career, but I'm not sure which major would be best to go into to supplement/compliment my Literature degree. #english #double-major...

#college-major #majors

Sara W.’s Avatar
Sara W. Aug 30, 2018 140 views

Where could one intern who is an English major?

I've been considering applying for several schools that would require internships for me to complete my degree, and I would like to take as much advantage of this opportunity as possible. I'm primarily interested in a career involving the literary arts. Are there any particular types of places...

#internships #double-major #english #literature

Indya W.’s Avatar
Indya W. Aug 27, 2018 165 views

How do I know which college is right for me?

Being a senior is harder then it looks. You have to worry about grades, scholarships, where to get money and what to wear to prom! My biggest problem is where my future would be in store. What college would be great for me since I plan to perform a double major in arts and technology...

#exams #university #business #double-major #college

Ashley H.’s Avatar
Ashley H. Aug 22, 2018 157 views

What careers can come from an environmental science major?

Can it be a lucrative major? What jobs can I get out of college with envi sci? What should I double major in? #major #choosing-a-major...

#double-major

Aileen H.’s Avatar
Aileen H. Aug 20, 2018 164 views
Ty S.’s Avatar
Ty S. Aug 19, 2018 146 views

Is there another major that is easy to finish while doing the premed track and a biology major?

I am interested in pursuing a biology major while finishing a premed track in college. I am just wondering if there is another major that people think are similar or have similar requirements as these other requirements that would be manageable to accomplish too. #major #choosing-a-major...

#double-major #biology #majors

Kiara S.’s Avatar
Kiara S. Aug 16, 2018 141 views

Is a Double Major worth it?

My main major is International Business, but I am looking at my out of state tuition (WOW) and questioning if I should drop my second major due to the extra credits it requires. French Studies would likely help my career, but will future employers actually care if I have a double major?...

#college-major #foreignlanguage #choosing-a-major #business #double-major #tuition #french

K B.’s Avatar
K B. Aug 16, 2018 167 views

What are the best steps to take as someone who would like to pursue both social work and animation?

I plan to finish college with at least a bachelor's in animation, but possibly a masters! This would mean I would probably have to double major. I'd like to do this at UGA, UNG, or maybe Breanau here in Georgia. This has been my plan for quite some time, however, if there are better options...

#art #double-major #career #art-school #social-work #animation #lsw #georgia

Armani L.’s Avatar
Armani L. Aug 13, 2018 185 views

How stressful is a double major?

Currently I am split between business (economics) and biomedical science in terms of career paths to pursue. When I tell others this they say business goes well with everything so I should double major. Being in high school I have no idea the rigor of attaining a degree for a major. That being...

#double-major #business #majors #choosing-a-major

Joshua V.’s Avatar
Joshua V. Mar 16, 2018 189 views

Should I stay in college longer than a planned 4 year path to gurantee getting both of my desired majors?

I don't know the specific college that I want to attend, but for each of my top three choices I want to do a dual major in a business area and science area. The only problem: there is no overlap for possible courses (besides some basic math). I don't know whether or not to drop one of the...

#dual-major #double-major #college

Zunarah A.’s Avatar
Zunarah A. Jan 22, 2018 209 views

What careers would be available to an individual interested in neuroscience and political science, two inherently different fields?

I am asking this question because throughout my high school career, I have developed an interest in political science through my involvements at school; however, I am also incredibly fascinated by the nervous system and would love to work in such a versatile field. What would a good middle...

#double-major #political-science #neuroscience

Elizabeth R.’s Avatar
Elizabeth R. Mar 15, 2018 181 views

Are there any double majors that go best with kinesiology?

Are there any double majors that go best with #kinesiology? As in, are there majors that employers are looking for that can be helpful in conjunction with a degree in kinesiology? #choosing-a-major...

#double-major

Hannah W.’s Avatar
Hannah W. Jul 26, 2018 194 views
Chiatuiro D.’s Avatar
Chiatuiro D. Jul 18, 2018 175 views

What would be the better choice between computer hardware/electronics and programming

Am already in the college studying computer engineering but am unsure of where to major in my field since I like both electronics and programming....

#double-major

Jennifer B.’s Avatar
Jennifer B. Jul 12, 2018 228 views

How likely is it that I will want to switch my major?

I'm interested in Early Childhood Education mostly. I'm also interested in Creative Writing and Psychology. #senior #senioritis #nervous #major #double-major #psychology...

#creative-writing

Mirella S.’s Avatar
Mirella S. Jun 30, 2018 179 views
Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 18, 2018 3605 views

How to list double major on resume?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#career-counseling #college-major #double-major #college-majors #resume #interview

Anika F.’s Avatar
Anika F. May 24, 2018 223 views

How do I determine my major?

I'm stuck deciding between a few majors. How do I narrow it down? Is it better to go in undeclared? #majors #major #college-major #choosing-a-major...

#double-major

Chloe W.’s Avatar
Chloe W. May 24, 2018 282 views

Double Majoring

I hear that going to college for one major can be difficult enough. Isn't two better than one? If I wanted to pursue a career in business and law, could I major in both to be competitive within the professional field, or, should I major in business and minor in law? I feel that earning two...

#double-major #college-major #majors #choosing-a-major

Kayla C.’s Avatar
Kayla C. May 22, 2018 169 views

What is the daily life of a dance major?

Although I LOVE dance and would like to major in dance for my undergraduate degree, I want to make sure this is the right fit for me. Therefore, I have a few questions. What is the daily life of a dance major? Do you get to pick your classes? Do you have time to double major? Do you have time...

#dance #college-experience #double-major #dailylife #majors #college

Jennifer N.’s Avatar
Jennifer N. May 10, 2018 225 views

What are the rewards of pursuing a double major?

I am passionate about environmental issues, and would like to use business to become a part in solving that problem. My university does not have a "green" business degree as some schools do. At this point I am intending to pursue a business major with an environmental science minor. I am...

#business #double-major #environment #environmental-science

Jason Y.’s Avatar
Jason Y. Apr 23, 2018 241 views

Is it worth it to get a double or even a triple major?

It is theoretically good to have more than one major because it translates into more job opportunities. However, the tuition and time needed increases significantly and for the most part, a job would only require one major. #college-major , #double-major ,...

#college-advice

Alanna O.’s Avatar
Alanna O. Jan 17, 2018 240 views

Is there great value in pursuing a doule major or major/minor combination? Or is it better to naroow your focus early on andpursue only one major?

I have contemplated doing a combination of both business and medicine to pursue a positon hospital administration, and possibly a minor in music as that has been a major element of my life thus far. I am wondering if that is maybe taking on more work than it wll ultimately be worth. #college...

#college-major #double-major #business #academic-advising #medicine

Aiden S.’s Avatar
Aiden S. Jan 16, 2018 191 views

Has anyone combined a dual major in Music and Psychology and what kinds of work are there that use both degrees?

My name is Aiden. I am 17 years old and I live on the Southern Oregon Coast in a little town with about 1000 people. I am going to George Fox University in Fall 2018. I love both music and psychology and I would like to find a career that combines and uses both of them. I am having some...

#music #college-major #academic-advising #double-major #college #psychology