Career Questions tagged Double Major

Ayanna N.’s Avatar
Ayanna N. May 05 175 views

What should I expect when taking college classes

I am currently a senior about to entertain college. I would like to know how it is taking major classes. dentist college...

double-major

Phuong V.’s Avatar
Phuong V. Apr 14 102 views

Are there ways to explore multiple majors before committing to one?

I am aware that colleges have minors, but unsure of how flexible they are with letting students explore multiple majors. double-major...

choosing-a-major

Brianna G.’s Avatar
Brianna G. Feb 26 345 views

Is it better to have one major and two minors or two majors and one minor?

I am a bit unsure on exactly what I want to have as a career so i assume having more options (2 majors) is better than having one. Yet, I can assume that having two majors could be a bit more stressful than having one so I would also have to put that into consideration. majors double-major...

college

Kristina G.’s Avatar
Kristina G. Feb 25 172 views

What major is best for me to take in college?

Hi, i'm currently a sophomore in high-school and would love to get into the music industry! However I know it's difficult to get into and a lot of it is luck and connection based. I also would like to go to college but if I do should I go to set my self up for a safer career path? Is there...

career-path double-major college-majors music-industry music

Kristina G.’s Avatar
Kristina G. Feb 25 178 views

What is it like to double major?

Hi, i'm thinking about double majoring in college because i'm not sure what career I want to go into. What is it like to double major? Is it a good idea? career car career-options career-choice...

double-major

Alacia M.’s Avatar
Alacia M. Feb 09 186 views

What is the best undergrad major for genetic counseling?

I'm currently looking at majors for an undergraduate degree before a possible master's in genetic counseling. Should undergrad students look at the related majors such as biology or straight genetics, or could students do a major in another area and still meet the pre-requisites for the...

double-major majors genetic career

Hannah S.’s Avatar
Hannah S. Dec 10, 2020 299 views

What is a good second major to complete with Forensic Anthropology?

I plan on completing a BS in Anthropology, MS in Forensic Anthropology, and continuing on to complete a PhD in Anthropology at BU. What would be a good complementary second major for my undergrad degree to broaden my career choices? I would like to keep my options open in case I decide to...

medical-examiner forensic-science college-advice college-advisors double-major college-majors forensics pre-med college forensic-anthropology university anthro-major anthropology forensic

Joselyn S.’s Avatar
Joselyn S. Nov 02, 2020 381 views

What major would i choose if i wanted to become a nurse midwife?

Although it's probably still early, i am a sophomore i am high school, i've been invited into a program that is basically setting me up in the top universities/colleges and i've been doing research. I'm still a bit confused on majors and stuff like that but just know the basics will help a lot!...

entrepreneurship nursing double-major college university physics midwife science

jamesina C.’s Avatar
jamesina C. Sep 07, 2020 224 views

what science should i major in to pursue being in the medical field?

i am currently a senior looking forward to enroll in hbcus. majors...

double-major

Charlotte Y.’s Avatar
Charlotte Y. Aug 09, 2020 239 views

What should/can i major in in college if I am aiming to be in the medical field?

I am currently a junior in high school and I am not sure about what I can or what I should major in in college if I want to work within the medical field later on. I have heard that you can major in anything in college as long as you take some required classes for medicine but I am not...

neurology classes majors physical double-major

Denzel E.’s Avatar
Denzel E. Jul 17, 2020 155 views

Double Major vs Major & Minor

I'm hoping to major in Mechanical Engineering as well as Astronomy but I am not sure as to whether I want to do so via double majoring or perhaps having a major in MechE and a minor in Astro. What're the pros and cons to both of these paths? july20 double-major...

majors-and-minors

Anonymous A.’s Avatar
Anonymous A. Oct 05, 2019 351 views

I want to switch majors

I want to learn about media production and use the classes I am taking for something NOW, like youtube. I don't want a major that is not useful to me until I get the degree. college-major major college-major...

double-major

Monica G.’s Avatar
Monica G. Sep 27, 2018 385 views

Would it be more beneficial to obtain a minor or double major?

I am a currently biochemistry student and I am very indecisive in my career path. I want to ultimately research and help in the process of creating medicines and treatments to disorders, but I also want to study genetics and cancer stem research. So, I have decided to either undertake a minor...

double-major minor genetics biology college molecular college-major major science

Sara W.’s Avatar
Sara W. Aug 30, 2018 1520 views

What are good majors to pair with English Literature for a double major?

I'm really wanting to go into English Literature during college, but I think perhaps it would be wise to get a double major, for practicality and broader scope of career, but I'm not sure which major would be best to go into to supplement/compliment my Literature degree. english double-major...

majors college-major

Sara W.’s Avatar
Sara W. Aug 30, 2018 320 views

Where could one intern who is an English major?

I've been considering applying for several schools that would require internships for me to complete my degree, and I would like to take as much advantage of this opportunity as possible. I'm primarily interested in a career involving the literary arts. Are there any particular types of places...

double-major english literature internships

Indya W.’s Avatar
Indya W. Aug 27, 2018 341 views

How do I know which college is right for me?

Being a senior is harder then it looks. You have to worry about grades, scholarships, where to get money and what to wear to prom! My biggest problem is where my future would be in store. What college would be great for me since I plan to perform a double major in arts and technology...

college business university double-major exams

Ashley H.’s Avatar
Ashley H. Aug 22, 2018 380 views

What careers can come from an environmental science major?

Can it be a lucrative major? What jobs can I get out of college with envi sci? What should I double major in? major choosing-a-major...

double-major

Ty S.’s Avatar
Ty S. Aug 19, 2018 359 views

Is there another major that is easy to finish while doing the premed track and a biology major?

I am interested in pursuing a biology major while finishing a premed track in college. I am just wondering if there is another major that people think are similar or have similar requirements as these other requirements that would be manageable to accomplish too. major choosing-a-major...

double-major majors biology

Kiara S.’s Avatar
Kiara S. Aug 16, 2018 339 views

Is a Double Major worth it?

My main major is International Business, but I am looking at my out of state tuition (WOW) and questioning if I should drop my second major due to the extra credits it requires. French Studies would likely help my career, but will future employers actually care if I have a double major?...

tuition choosing-a-major business college-major double-major french foreignlanguage

K B.’s Avatar
K B. Aug 16, 2018 334 views

What are the best steps to take as someone who would like to pursue both social work and animation?

I plan to finish college with at least a bachelor's in animation, but possibly a masters! This would mean I would probably have to double major. I'd like to do this at UGA, UNG, or maybe Breanau here in Georgia. This has been my plan for quite some time, however, if there are better options...

lsw double-major art-school georgia social-work art animation career

Armani L.’s Avatar
Armani L. Aug 13, 2018 456 views

How stressful is a double major?

Currently I am split between business (economics) and biomedical science in terms of career paths to pursue. When I tell others this they say business goes well with everything so I should double major. Being in high school I have no idea the rigor of attaining a degree for a major. That being...

choosing-a-major double-major business majors

Joshua V.’s Avatar
Joshua V. Mar 16, 2018 365 views

Should I stay in college longer than a planned 4 year path to gurantee getting both of my desired majors?

I don't know the specific college that I want to attend, but for each of my top three choices I want to do a dual major in a business area and science area. The only problem: there is no overlap for possible courses (besides some basic math). I don't know whether or not to drop one of the...

double-major college dual-major

Zunarah A.’s Avatar
Zunarah A. Jan 22, 2018 461 views

What careers would be available to an individual interested in neuroscience and political science, two inherently different fields?

I am asking this question because throughout my high school career, I have developed an interest in political science through my involvements at school; however, I am also incredibly fascinated by the nervous system and would love to work in such a versatile field. What would a good middle...

double-major neuroscience political-science

Elizabeth R.’s Avatar
Elizabeth R. Mar 15, 2018 1399 views

Are there any double majors that go best with kinesiology?

Are there any double majors that go best with kinesiology? As in, are there majors that employers are looking for that can be helpful in conjunction with a degree in kinesiology? choosing-a-major...

double-major