Career Questions tagged Midwife

King W.’s Avatar
King W. Aug 20 161 views

What do death doulas/death midwives do?

ive recently discovered this job and want to know more in depth what they do and what skills are required to complete their job. it seems fascinating! medical doula midwife healthcare...

medicine

Serenity V.’s Avatar
Serenity V. Oct 27 58 views

What are the values of your company, are looking for in a person?

I'm looking into nursing and midwifery and I'd like to know what values a nurse and midwife must have, in order to have a healthcare position and profession. nursing medical neonatal...

labor-and-delivery

Izzy P.’s Avatar
Izzy P. May 03 262 views

How many years does it take to become a Certified Nurse Midwife?

My main question is how many years of schooling are required to become a Certified Nurse Midwife. I'm overwhelmed with all the research I've been doing about schooling and I just need straightforward answers. I want to do the least amount of schooling possible in order to become a CNM. I'm also...

college midwife nursing

Kalisha S.’s Avatar
Kalisha S. Nov 05, 2020 136 views

How many babies do they get in a day?

How many babies do they get in a day? How many babies do they get in a week? How many babies do they get in a month?...

midwife

Joselyn S.’s Avatar
Joselyn S. Nov 02, 2020 410 views

What major would i choose if i wanted to become a nurse midwife?

Although it's probably still early, i am a sophomore i am high school, i've been invited into a program that is basically setting me up in the top universities/colleges and i've been doing research. I'm still a bit confused on majors and stuff like that but just know the basics will help a lot!...

college university physics science double-major midwife entrepreneurship nursing

Lexi H.’s Avatar
Lexi H. Oct 24, 2020 182 views

I want to be a Midwife. I’m interested in working in birthing centers. I don’t want to become a Nurse though. I was thinking about going into a Physician’s Assistant’s program. Can anyone give me advice as to whether I could be a PA, with a CPM degree and work in a birthing center?

I’m currently loving my Microbiology class. I have a big passion for women of the birthing community. I want to deliver babies! I love the natural side of birthing and would want to encourage my patients to have water births. career-paths medicine...

midwife

Tyra W.’s Avatar
Tyra W. Oct 19, 2020 163 views
Gabriella F.’s Avatar
Gabriella F. Oct 19, 2020 107 views

#midwife how much do they make a year?

i want to be able to help mothers with their newborn babies but i wanna know how much they make first....

midwife

Tyra W.’s Avatar
Tyra W. Oct 19, 2020 114 views
Shay A.’s Avatar
Shay A. Aug 09, 2019 288 views

What did you do to make yourself stand out during the application and interview process? (volunteer, qualifications/skills/experience on your resume)?

I am in the beginning of my career and dream of becoming a midwife nurse. I am in the process of applying for nursing programs and would like to know more about what I can do to prepare myself for the best outcome. nursing...

midwife

Shay A.’s Avatar
Shay A. Aug 09, 2019 246 views

What did you do to make yourself stand out during the application and interview process? (volunteer, qualifications/skills/experience on your resume)

midwife

amina S.’s Avatar
amina S. Mar 13, 2019 313 views
Jossie D.’s Avatar
Jossie D. Nov 16, 2018 384 views

What is it like being a midwife?

I am enrolled at Job Corps and I am wanting to know more about what your daily tasks are as a midwife. nurse doctor medicine medicine doctor healthcare hospital-and-healthcare med-school...

midwife

Sasha M.’s Avatar
Sasha M. Jan 22, 2018 326 views

I would like to what path other Michigan based nurse midwives have followed.

I plan to become an RN and then further my education to ultimately become a nurse midwife. I would like to hear others stories of success in this endeavor to reassure that I have mapped out a good path. nurse registered-nurses midwife...

michigan

Peyton M.’s Avatar
Peyton M. Jan 19, 2018 496 views

Should I get a dual Masters Degree?

Eventually, I am looking into getting my Masters degree in Midwifery. There are multiple programs where you can get double certified to be a Midwife and Nurse Practitioner. Are there any benefits to getting being dual certified? nurse midwife dual-masters-degree...

masters-programs

Amberly D.’s Avatar
Amberly D. Apr 06, 2018 298 views

What is required to be a labor and delivery nurse?

I'm asking like what skills and knownledge do you have to have to go into the field of labor and delivery? nusring futurecareer...

midwife