Career Questions tagged Midwife

Shay A.’s Avatar
Shay A. Aug 09, 2019 129 views

What did you do to make yourself stand out during the application and interview process? (volunteer, qualifications/skills/experience on your resume)?

I am in the beginning of my career and dream of becoming a midwife nurse. I am in the process of applying for nursing programs and would like to know more about what I can do to prepare myself for the best outcome. #nursing...

#midwife

Shay A.’s Avatar
Shay A. Aug 09, 2019 100 views

What did you do to make yourself stand out during the application and interview process? (volunteer, qualifications/skills/experience on your resume)

#midwife

Hannah L.’s Avatar
Hannah L. Mar 18, 2019 120 views
amina S.’s Avatar
amina S. Mar 13, 2019 144 views
Jossie D.’s Avatar
Jossie D. Nov 16, 2018 224 views

What is it like being a midwife?

I am enrolled at Job Corps and I am wanting to know more about what your daily tasks are as a midwife. #nurse #doctor #medicine #medicine #doctor #healthcare #hospital-and-healthcare #med-school...

#midwife

Madisyn E.’s Avatar
Madisyn E. Apr 05, 2018 234 views
Sasha M.’s Avatar
Sasha M. Jan 22, 2018 231 views

I would like to what path other Michigan based nurse midwives have followed.

I plan to become an RN and then further my education to ultimately become a nurse midwife. I would like to hear others stories of success in this endeavor to reassure that I have mapped out a good path. #nurse #registered-nurses #midwife...

#michigan

Peyton M.’s Avatar
Peyton M. Jan 19, 2018 260 views

Should I get a dual Masters Degree?

Eventually, I am looking into getting my Masters degree in Midwifery. There are multiple programs where you can get double certified to be a Midwife and Nurse Practitioner. Are there any benefits to getting being dual certified? #nurse #midwife #dual-masters-degree...

#masters-programs

Amberly D.’s Avatar
Amberly D. Apr 06, 2018 212 views

What is required to be a labor and delivery nurse?

I'm asking like what skills and knownledge do you have to have to go into the field of labor and delivery? #nusring #futurecareer...

#midwife

Cierra B.’s Avatar
Cierra B. Jul 25, 2018 200 views

Midwife Nurse & Midwife Physician Assistant

What is the different certification, degree, salary and job duty between a midwife nurse and a midwife physician assistant? #physicians-assistant #nurse #physician #nursing...

#midwife

Ashley C.’s Avatar
Ashley C. May 22, 2018 371 views

What is the most challenging part about becoming a midwife?

Nursing school is required but what is the most challenging part of midwifery more pacifically? #student-midwife #midwife #obgyn #labor-and-delivery #nurse...

#nursing

Carmilia M.’s Avatar
Carmilia M. May 15, 2018 230 views

Is it true that RN-midwives don't get paid a lot?

Is it true that RN-midwives don't get paid at least $60,000? #nursing #college #registered-nursing #midwives #midwife #midwifery...

#nurse-midwife

Charlee H.’s Avatar
Charlee H. Jan 17, 2018 257 views

What is the most difficult aspect of living your life on-call, and how do you cope with it?

I am currently studying to be a CPM/LM (essentially, an out-of-hospital midwife), a career that involves being on-call for births or other needs by mothers 24/7. So, I would like to learn more about others' experiences with the on-call life, particularly what they found to be the hardest part...

#healthcare #midwife #midwifery #homebirth #oncall

Asha T.’s Avatar
Asha T. Mar 02, 2018 225 views

What is the scope of autonomy you have as a CNM Nurse-Practitioner?

I am preparing to study to become a Nurse-Midwife at Emory University. The end of the journey is becoming a Nurse Practitioner with a dual focus in Nurse-Midwifery and Women's Health. I'd like to know how much of what I desire to do in my practice is actually possible (where does the line cross...

#midwife #nursing #nursepractitioner

Cheyenne C.’s Avatar
Cheyenne C. May 08, 2016 515 views

What kind of education path should I take after high school to become a Certified Nurse Midwife?

I want to be sure that I am going to school for the right things to become what I want to be. #nurse...

#midwife

shantasia  M.’s Avatar
shantasia M. May 06, 2016 437 views

midwife nurse

Because I want to become a futrue midwife nurse. I am very interested in becoming one...

#midwife

Hayley  S.’s Avatar
Hayley S. Jan 28, 2016 614 views

How long does a midwife have to stay in college for?

I'm interested in becoming a midwife because I think that would be the coolest job ever! #college #doctor #midwifery #baby...

#midwife