Career Questions tagged Midwife

Shay A.’s Avatar
Shay A. Aug 09 74 views

What did you do to make yourself stand out during the application and interview process? (volunteer, qualifications/skills/experience on your resume)?

I am in the beginning of my career and dream of becoming a midwife nurse. I am in the process of applying for nursing programs and would like to know more about what I can do to prepare myself for the best outcome. #nursing...

#midwife

Shay A.’s Avatar
Shay A. Aug 09 63 views

What did you do to make yourself stand out during the application and interview process? (volunteer, qualifications/skills/experience on your resume)

#midwife

amina S.’s Avatar
amina S. Mar 13 69 views
Jossie D.’s Avatar
Jossie D. Nov 16, 2018 138 views

What is it like being a midwife?

I am enrolled at Job Corps and I am wanting to know more about what your daily tasks are as a midwife. #nurse #doctor #medicine #medicine #doctor #healthcare #hospital-and-healthcare #med-school...

#midwife

Madisyn E.’s Avatar
Madisyn E. Apr 05, 2018 184 views
Sasha M.’s Avatar
Sasha M. Jan 22, 2018 181 views

I would like to what path other Michigan based nurse midwives have followed.

I plan to become an RN and then further my education to ultimately become a nurse midwife. I would like to hear others stories of success in this endeavor to reassure that I have mapped out a good path. #nurse #registered-nurses #midwife...

#michigan

Peyton M.’s Avatar
Peyton M. Jan 19, 2018 203 views

Should I get a dual Masters Degree?

Eventually, I am looking into getting my Masters degree in Midwifery. There are multiple programs where you can get double certified to be a Midwife and Nurse Practitioner. Are there any benefits to getting being dual certified? #nurse #midwife #dual-masters-degree...

#masters-programs

Amberly D.’s Avatar
Amberly D. Apr 06, 2018 178 views

What is required to be a labor and delivery nurse?

I'm asking like what skills and knownledge do you have to have to go into the field of labor and delivery? #nusring #futurecareer...

#midwife

Cierra B.’s Avatar
Cierra B. Jul 25, 2018 143 views

Midwife Nurse & Midwife Physician Assistant

What is the different certification, degree, salary and job duty between a midwife nurse and a midwife physician assistant? #physicians-assistant #nurse #physician #nursing...

#midwife

Ashley C.’s Avatar
Ashley C. May 22, 2018 192 views

What is the most challenging part about becoming a midwife?

Nursing school is required but what is the most challenging part of midwifery more pacifically? #student-midwife #midwife #obgyn #labor-and-delivery #nurse...

#nursing

Carmilia M.’s Avatar
Carmilia M. May 15, 2018 182 views

Is it true that RN-midwives don't get paid a lot?

Is it true that RN-midwives don't get paid at least $60,000? #nursing #college #registered-nursing #midwives #midwife #midwifery...

#nurse-midwife

Charlee H.’s Avatar
Charlee H. Jan 17, 2018 203 views

What is the most difficult aspect of living your life on-call, and how do you cope with it?

I am currently studying to be a CPM/LM (essentially, an out-of-hospital midwife), a career that involves being on-call for births or other needs by mothers 24/7. So, I would like to learn more about others' experiences with the on-call life, particularly what they found to be the hardest part...

#homebirth #midwife #oncall #healthcare #midwifery

Asha T.’s Avatar
Asha T. Mar 02, 2018 193 views

What is the scope of autonomy you have as a CNM Nurse-Practitioner?

I am preparing to study to become a Nurse-Midwife at Emory University. The end of the journey is becoming a Nurse Practitioner with a dual focus in Nurse-Midwifery and Women's Health. I'd like to know how much of what I desire to do in my practice is actually possible (where does the line cross...

#nursing #midwife #nursepractitioner

Cheyenne C.’s Avatar
Cheyenne C. May 08, 2016 482 views

What kind of education path should I take after high school to become a Certified Nurse Midwife?

I want to be sure that I am going to school for the right things to become what I want to be. #nurse...

#midwife

shantasia  M.’s Avatar
shantasia M. May 06, 2016 408 views

midwife nurse

Because I want to become a futrue midwife nurse. I am very interested in becoming one...

#midwife

Hayley  S.’s Avatar
Hayley S. Jan 28, 2016 551 views

How long does a midwife have to stay in college for?

I'm interested in becoming a midwife because I think that would be the coolest job ever! #college #doctor #midwifery #baby...

#midwife