Career Questions tagged Midwife

Kalisha S.’s Avatar
Kalisha S. Nov 05, 2020 46 views

How many babies do they get in a day?

How many babies do they get in a day? How many babies do they get in a week? How many babies do they get in a month?...

#midwife

Joselyn S.’s Avatar
Joselyn S. Nov 02, 2020 109 views

What major would i choose if i wanted to become a nurse midwife?

Although it's probably still early, i am a sophomore i am high school, i've been invited into a program that is basically setting me up in the top universities/colleges and i've been doing research. I'm still a bit confused on majors and stuff like that but just know the basics will help a lot!...

#college #entrepreneurship #midwife #university #science #double-major #physics #nursing

Lexi H.’s Avatar
Lexi H. Oct 24, 2020 73 views

I want to be a Midwife. I’m interested in working in birthing centers. I don’t want to become a Nurse though. I was thinking about going into a Physician’s Assistant’s program. Can anyone give me advice as to whether I could be a PA, with a CPM degree and work in a birthing center?

I’m currently loving my Microbiology class. I have a big passion for women of the birthing community. I want to deliver babies! I love the natural side of birthing and would want to encourage my patients to have water births. #career-paths #medicine...

#midwife

Tyra W.’s Avatar
Tyra W. Oct 19, 2020 51 views
Gabriella F.’s Avatar
Gabriella F. Oct 19, 2020 77 views
Gabriella F.’s Avatar
Gabriella F. Oct 19, 2020 75 views
Gabriella F.’s Avatar
Gabriella F. Oct 19, 2020 55 views
Gabriella F.’s Avatar
Gabriella F. Oct 19, 2020 43 views
Tyra W.’s Avatar
Tyra W. Oct 19, 2020 47 views
Gabriella F.’s Avatar
Gabriella F. Oct 19, 2020 35 views

#midwife how much do they make a year?

i want to be able to help mothers with their newborn babies but i wanna know how much they make first....

#midwife

Tyra W.’s Avatar
Tyra W. Oct 19, 2020 62 views
Tyra W.’s Avatar
Tyra W. Oct 19, 2020 62 views
Tyra W.’s Avatar
Tyra W. Oct 19, 2020 48 views
Tyra W.’s Avatar
Tyra W. Oct 19, 2020 43 views

How much would I make ?

Shay A.’s Avatar
Shay A. Aug 09, 2019 184 views

What did you do to make yourself stand out during the application and interview process? (volunteer, qualifications/skills/experience on your resume)?

I am in the beginning of my career and dream of becoming a midwife nurse. I am in the process of applying for nursing programs and would like to know more about what I can do to prepare myself for the best outcome. #nursing...

#midwife

Shay A.’s Avatar
Shay A. Aug 09, 2019 147 views

What did you do to make yourself stand out during the application and interview process? (volunteer, qualifications/skills/experience on your resume)

#midwife

Hannah L.’s Avatar
Hannah L. Mar 18, 2019 163 views
amina S.’s Avatar
amina S. Mar 13, 2019 185 views
Jossie D.’s Avatar
Jossie D. Nov 16, 2018 287 views

What is it like being a midwife?

I am enrolled at Job Corps and I am wanting to know more about what your daily tasks are as a midwife. #nurse #doctor #medicine #medicine #doctor #healthcare #hospital-and-healthcare #med-school...

#midwife

Madisyn E.’s Avatar
Madisyn E. Apr 05, 2018 298 views
Sasha M.’s Avatar
Sasha M. Jan 22, 2018 260 views

I would like to what path other Michigan based nurse midwives have followed.

I plan to become an RN and then further my education to ultimately become a nurse midwife. I would like to hear others stories of success in this endeavor to reassure that I have mapped out a good path. #nurse #registered-nurses #midwife...

#michigan

Peyton M.’s Avatar
Peyton M. Jan 19, 2018 333 views

Should I get a dual Masters Degree?

Eventually, I am looking into getting my Masters degree in Midwifery. There are multiple programs where you can get double certified to be a Midwife and Nurse Practitioner. Are there any benefits to getting being dual certified? #nurse #midwife #dual-masters-degree...

#masters-programs

Amberly D.’s Avatar
Amberly D. Apr 06, 2018 239 views

What is required to be a labor and delivery nurse?

I'm asking like what skills and knownledge do you have to have to go into the field of labor and delivery? #nusring #futurecareer...

#midwife

Cierra B.’s Avatar
Cierra B. Jul 25, 2018 253 views

Midwife Nurse & Midwife Physician Assistant

What is the different certification, degree, salary and job duty between a midwife nurse and a midwife physician assistant? #physicians-assistant #nurse #physician #nursing...

#midwife

Ashley C.’s Avatar
Ashley C. May 22, 2018 524 views

What is the most challenging part about becoming a midwife?

Nursing school is required but what is the most challenging part of midwifery more pacifically? #student-midwife #midwife #obgyn #labor-and-delivery #nurse...

#nursing

Carmilia M.’s Avatar
Carmilia M. May 15, 2018 264 views

Is it true that RN-midwives don't get paid a lot?

Is it true that RN-midwives don't get paid at least $60,000? #nursing #college #registered-nursing #midwives #midwife #midwifery...

#nurse-midwife

Charlee H.’s Avatar
Charlee H. Jan 17, 2018 294 views

What is the most difficult aspect of living your life on-call, and how do you cope with it?

I am currently studying to be a CPM/LM (essentially, an out-of-hospital midwife), a career that involves being on-call for births or other needs by mothers 24/7. So, I would like to learn more about others' experiences with the on-call life, particularly what they found to be the hardest part...

#homebirth #oncall #midwifery #midwife #healthcare

Asha T.’s Avatar
Asha T. Mar 02, 2018 260 views

What is the scope of autonomy you have as a CNM Nurse-Practitioner?

I am preparing to study to become a Nurse-Midwife at Emory University. The end of the journey is becoming a Nurse Practitioner with a dual focus in Nurse-Midwifery and Women's Health. I'd like to know how much of what I desire to do in my practice is actually possible (where does the line cross...

#nursing #midwife #nursepractitioner