Career Questions tagged Obstetrics

Alexandra V.’s Avatar
Alexandra V. Jan 10, 2018

What kind of classes do you have to take on your way to becoming a OB GYN?

I'm asking this because I'm very interested in this career and I would like to know which classes I would have to take if I decide to go for it at the end. #medicine #obstetrics #gynecology #healthcare...

#hospital-and-health-care

Evelyn T.’s Avatar
Evelyn T. Oct 25, 2016

If I were to become an OB/GYN or a Pediatrician, would obtaining a nursing degree be appropriate? Will I have to obtain a Chemistry or Biology degree instead?

I am currently a Junior in high school; however, I am also enrolled as a Dual-Enrollment student. Currently, I am working on classes to satisfy my high school requirements and soon after, I will begin working on my classes that are needed to obtain either an Associate's Degree or a Bachelor's...

#obstetrics #doctor #medicine #hospital-and-health-care #pediatrics #healthcare

Anissa Z.’s Avatar
Anissa Z. Oct 10, 2017

What is the salary of an Obstetrician?

I might want to go into the medical field and im wondering how much money they make? #doctor #obstetrics #medical-practice...

#medical-school

Te'yah J.’s Avatar
Te'yah J. May 19, 2016

What should I major in?

Hi, I am a sophomore in high school, and I want to be an OB/GYN. I know that I want to attend the University of Georgia, but I want to know what to major in as an undergraduate. I do not know what major would fit with my profession choice, and I need to know what would make the most sense to...

#medical #biology #undergraduate #doctor #higher-education #gynecology #obstetrics #hospital-and-health-care #healthcare

Jada G.’s Avatar
Jada G. May 19, 2016

What are the specific classes that I have to take in college if I want to go in the medical field?

I'm asking this question because I like to be prepared for everything. #doctor #obstetrics #career #hospital-and-health-care #hospital...

#medicine

Kara T.’s Avatar
Kara T. May 27, 2016

how often do you have to deliver bad news to patients and how do you go about it?

I once read this article about the "proper way" to inform parents that they're having a child with Down Syndrome and I just wanted to see if it happens often #doctor #obstetrics #obstetrician #gynecologist #medicine #hospital-and-health-care...

#healthcare

McKenzi G.’s Avatar
McKenzi G. Oct 18, 2016

What helped you in deciding to become a labor and delivery nurse?

I am really interested in a career in nursing. The one branch of nursing that really sparked my interest was labor and delivery nursing. #registered-nurses #pediatric-nursing #pediatrics #obstetrics #hospital-and-health-care #healthcare...

#medicine

Grace U.’s Avatar
Grace U. May 16, 2016

What medical schools have good opportunities for graduates wanting to be a OB/GYN?

After a graduate medical school, I want to be informed on where is a good place to start my residency for obstetrics & gynecology #medicine #obstetrics #medical #hospital-and-health-care...

#hospital

Laurie P.’s Avatar
Laurie P. May 14, 2016

Why is Obstetrician/Gynecologist a combined profession? Why isn't it two separate careers?

I am interested in the field of Obstetrician/Gynecologist and I would like to know why these two professions aren't two separate careers. As an Obstetrician you usually work in a hospital to deliver babies and as a Gynecologist you usually work in a clinic, why are the two professions combined?...

#obstetrics #medical #science #medicine #hospital-and-health-care #doctor

Laurie P.’s Avatar
Laurie P. May 14, 2016

As an Obstetrician/Gynecologist, will work interfere with personal time with your family?

I am a young high school student who is still trying to decide the right career choice that will not only make me happy and help me become successful in life, but to allow me to make time for my family. I admire careers that allows me to take care of babies or in this case deliver babies, so I...

#obstetrics #medical #science #hospital-and-health-care #gynecologist #doctor

Laurie P.’s Avatar
Laurie P. May 14, 2016

As an Obstetrician/Gynecologist, how does the transition from the hospital to the clinic your an Gynecologist at work? Are you working in both a clinic and hospital or either one?

I am an aspiring Obstetrician/Gynecologist and I would like to know how do you know what day your delivering a baby or just being a gynecologist for that day. Are you working in both a clinic and hospital or either one? #doctor #obstetrics #gynecologist #medical #science...

#hospital-and-health-care

Haley F.’s Avatar
Haley F. May 12, 2016

What are the most interesting parts of being an OB/GYN?

I've always dreamed of being an OB/GYN. I would just like to know what makes the job worthwhile? #doctor #medicine #healthcare #obstetrics #science...

#hospital-and-health-care

Ty'Reyan S.’s Avatar
Ty'Reyan S. Aug 30, 2017

What other work experience did you have to get to your career in healthcare?

I am asking this question because this is my goal career #obstetrics #gynecology #healthcare #medicine...

#hospital-and-health-care

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Dec 17, 2016

What is a better place to work at as an OB/GYN: a clinic or a hospital?

No one on the internet seems to have a solid answer for this question so I am consulting the career village experts to help me way the pros and cons of working at both including the salary and work hours for both. #obstetrics #hospitals #ob-gyn #gynocologist #clinics...

#financial-planning

Kara T.’s Avatar
Kara T. May 27, 2016

is it possible to get hired by a hospital?

I'm interested in working in a hospital; what jobs are available to me? #doctor #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care...

#obstetrics

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Jan 02, 2017

What does an OB/GYN do daily while on the job?

I want to become an OB/GYN once I'm older but I never really considered what that entails other than the highlights of the job. What does an OB/GYN really do normally on a day to day basis? #doctor #jobs #obstetrics...

#gynecology

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Dec 26, 2016

What are some ways to job shadow someone?

I know that at my age there are little to no volunteering opportunities or internships or the like in the field that I want to get a taste of. So I am wondering if there are any OB/GYNs who are available to job shadow or if someone knows how to ask someone if they would be willing to be...

#gynecology #obstetrics #jobs #job-shadowing

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Dec 10, 2016

Are there OB/GYN clinics that allow high schoolers to volunteer at?

I am a high schooler who is interested in the Obstetrics and Gynecology fields and I want to see what it is like to work at a clinic that specializes in these things. #volunteering #obstetrics...

#gynecology

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Dec 07, 2016

What is the best way to pay off university especially when you will be there for a long time?

I want to hopefully become an OB/GYN one day which is a doctor specializing in prenatal and women's health studies. This career path takes some 12 years of education to even become licensed so I need the least cost burdening method to paying off university. #university #scholarships...

#gynecology #obstetrics #grants #student-loans

Chantel M.’s Avatar
Chantel M. Oct 29, 2016

What high school courses can be taken in order to prepare for an OB/GYN career?

I plan on exploring or working in a career of obstetrics and gynecology, with a focus on gynecology. I want to be as readily prepared as possible for a career in gynecology, starting in high school. I've heard that medicine is difficult and requires a lot of preparation and dedication, and I...

#gynecology #obstetrics #medicine #gynecologist

Jade G.’s Avatar
Jade G. Oct 28, 2016

What is it like to work in the NICU or in the delivery room?

I am looking at becoming a labor and delivery nurse or being a nurse in the NICU. I really want to work with babies but not sure which one to go with. Any advice would be great! #nursing #obstetrics...

#nicu

Taylor B.’s Avatar
Taylor B. Oct 20, 2016

How do people in the medical field deal with death on a daily basis?

I will be an obgyn hopefully one day and I want an idea #medicine #medical #obstetrics #obgyn #gynocologist...

#pre

Taylor B.’s Avatar
Taylor B. Oct 20, 2016

What Kind of Textbooks will i need for pre med

I am a senior applying to colleges for pre med ( I want to be an obgyn) so I kind of what to know roughly the cost and what books I possibly need #medicine #nursing #obstetrics #gynecology...

#pre

Melissa B.’s Avatar
Melissa B. Aug 15, 2016

What are certain challenges you may face as an Ob/Gyn?

I am very passionate about becoming an Obstetrician....

#obstetrics

Kelsey G.’s Avatar
Kelsey G. Jul 01, 2016

Are you still able to have a family when you become and OB/GYN, or should I be a PA?

I'm only going into eighth grade, but my sister is going to be a PA (which is not the reason I'm going for that specialty), so I want to figure what I wanted to do with my life early. I always strive to be on top, but I feel being an OB/GYN will destroy my dreams of having a wonderful family....

#obstetrics #gynocology #doctor #hospital

Te'yah J.’s Avatar
Te'yah J. May 19, 2016

How do you balance being a doctor and your normal life?

Hi, I am a sophomore in high school and I want to be an OB/GYN when I finish college. I just want to know how easy it is to juggle work and home when doing a demanding job like this. It isn't like any other job, as I already know, but I want to know how to balance the two. I want to see how to...

#gynecology #women #obstetrics #health

Cheyenne M.’s Avatar
Cheyenne M. May 14, 2016

In what ways does Medical School differ from University?

I am planning on becoming a physician and I would like to know in what ways Medical school will be different than University and not in the obvious ways. I mean like the amount work, studying, deadlines, etc... I want to become an OB/GYN, but I think Medical school will the time of exploration...

#neurology #physician #neuroscience #obstetrics #doctor

Anna V.’s Avatar
Anna V. Apr 13, 2016

What does the daily life of an obstetrician look like?

My name is Anna and I am a sophomore in high school. I have always been interested in pregnancy and how it works and I am wondering what someone who works in this specific field does on a daily basis. #obstetrics...

#obstetrician