Career Questions tagged Hospitals

Anna H.’s Avatar
Anna H. Jul 06, 2018

Would it be better to work as a medical scribe or job shadow doctors?

I do not really have any experience with the medical field, and I really want more exposure because I think that I am interested in becoming a doctor. What way would you suggest to be the best way to introduce myself to and get more involved with this field? Is it difficult to be a scribe if...

#medical #hospitals #shadowing #doctor

Arliene A.’s Avatar
Arliene A. Apr 02, 2014

What are some pros and cons to becoming a registered nurse?

I'm thinking about becoming one and would love to hear more about your experiences and thoughts on the career! #nurse #jobs #hospitals #nursing...

#registered-nurses

Enrique L.’s Avatar
Enrique L. Oct 26, 2016

What's it like to be a male nurse in a field where women predominate?

I'm considering to start nursing school by fall 2017 and I'm really interested in knowing what challenges I could be facing after graduation. I love helping people; therefore, I think this career path is a good choice for me. I love being challenge on an everyday basis and I can't wait to...

#nursing #nurse #registered-nurses #hospital-and-health-care #hospitals #healthcare

Azucena P.’s Avatar
Azucena P. Jan 23, 2018

I want to learn about what A Day in Life is like for a Nurse Practitioner. I have learned that if you are too sensitive you might need to reconsider your career options? Is this true?

Im asking because I learned that you may see many hurt people including people's death. I am a very sensitive person and hate seeing really hurt people. Should I think twice? #nursepractitioner #hospitals #medical...

#nurse-management

shaheen S.’s Avatar
shaheen S. May 14, 2016

Can I become a doctor but not have my own hospital?

I want to become a doctor but i don't want my own hospital, can I do this? #doctor #hospital-and-health-care #medical #business #hospital...

#hospitals

leo M.’s Avatar
leo M. May 17, 2016

How often are doctors reprimanded for covering for uninsured patients?

And what punishments would be given like would I be fired right away? I know money is always an important factor but was wondering if most doctors are punished for breaking rules for patients #doctor #hospital #hospitals #medical #hospital-and-health-care...

#science

Christian G.’s Avatar
Christian G. May 13, 2016

Regarding the future of Physician Assistants, do you believe they will be allowed to do more in their respective areas of work.

I am considering a career as a Physician Assistant and I have always heard that PAs are not allowed to do as much as the Physicians. I am curious about the job and how it will change in the future. #doctor #science #medical #pre-med #physician #careers #hospitals #hospital...

#hospital-and-health-care #career

Elysia R.’s Avatar
Elysia R. May 12, 2016

What factors/requirements are medical schools mainly looking for in the resumes and applications of prospective students?

I am thinking ahead about what my goals and priorities should be in undergrad in order to have a well-rounded application for when it's time to apply for medical schools. #medicine #medical #hospital-and-health-care #hospitals #science...

Dorcas H.’s Avatar
Dorcas H. May 05, 2016
La'Nyah M.’s Avatar
La'Nyah M. May 05, 2016

How long do I have to stay in school to be a psychiatrist? Also what should I major in?

I am asking because I get a different answer every time I ask someone. I have about two more years until I get to college but I want to know ahead of time. #medical-school #psychiatry #medical #science #hospital-and-health-care #hospitals...

Litzy V.’s Avatar
Litzy V. May 04, 2016

What should I really focus on in school if I want to become a doctor?

I want to help people feel better and I want to prepare for my future. I am a 7th grader. #doctor #biology #medical #hospital-and-health-care...

#hospitals

Shravani N.’s Avatar
Shravani N. May 02, 2016

How do I find a part time job working with a doctor/medical professional?

I'd love to learn more about the work that doctors/medical professionals do. I thought that finding a job working alongside a medical professional might help me learn. What options exist? #doctor #professor #medical #hospital-and-health-care #hospitals #career #college...

#education

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Dec 17, 2016

What is a better place to work at as an OB/GYN: a clinic or a hospital?

No one on the internet seems to have a solid answer for this question so I am consulting the career village experts to help me way the pros and cons of working at both including the salary and work hours for both. #obstetrics #hospitals #ob-gyn #gynocologist #clinics...

#financial-planning

julio D.’s Avatar
julio D. May 17, 2016

Do any schools specialize specifically in pediatrics?

Or is it just medical school in general #doctor #medicine #healthcare #pediatrics #hospital...

#hospitals

maria R.’s Avatar
maria R. Mar 08, 2017

What classes do i need to take for nursing ?

Im interested in nursing and want to know what to expect. #nursing #university #hospitals #texas #america...

#dallas

Olivea V.’s Avatar
Olivea V. Feb 12, 2017

Will hospitals hire high school students to work over the summer?

I'm a high school sophomore and very interested in science but I'm not sure if I want to go into medicine or not. I thought working at a hospital over the summer might give me some good ideas. Do hospitals allow 16-year-olds to work with patients? #medicine #science #high-school-students...

#summer-internship #hospitals

Stephanie W.’s Avatar
Stephanie W. Feb 09, 2017

How important is volunteer experience in a healthcare setting in preparation to becoming a nurse?

I have not yet volunteered at any hospitals or nursing homes but know that it's important to get volunteer experience. #nurse #healthcare #registered-nurses #nurse-practitioner #volunteer #hospitals...

#nursing-homes

keerthana B.’s Avatar
keerthana B. May 03, 2016

How to become a successful brain doctor?

Hello! I am putting this question because i want to become a brain doctor.I am very interested to operate a brain. #doctor #teaching #nursing #professor #nurse #counselling...

#hospitals

Dakota S.’s Avatar
Dakota S. Dec 15, 2014

What are the requirements to being a diagnostic medical sonographer?

I am a senior in high school looking into this field of study and wondering about the education requirements. I am also wondering about how life in the military with this career would be. #medical #medical-field #hospitals...

#medical-sonography

April P.’s Avatar
April P. Dec 15, 2014

What is the hardest part and challenges of being Diagnostic medical sonographers?

I am a senior in high school thinking of my options,and i know i want to work in the medical field. What are the challenges you may face working in this type of field? Any feedback would be great! #medicine #medical #hospitals #medical-sonography...

#medical-sonographer

April P.’s Avatar
April P. Dec 15, 2014

What is the best and worst part of being a registered nurse, and do you get taken advantage of by the healthcare system?

I am a senior in high school thinking about becoming a RN. I would like to know if you love you job? Do you get taken advantage of? Any information would be great! #doctor #medicine #nursing #healthcare...

#hospitals