Career Questions tagged Medicine School

evangelina’s Avatar
evangelina Sep 12, 2019 528 views

How much schooling do you need to be a Neurologist ?

#medicine #medicine-school

Daliah’s Avatar
Daliah Sep 06, 2019 294 views

how do i get through medical school without giving up?

I want to go to medical school. #medicine #doctor #medicine-school

Jeanna’s Avatar
Jeanna Aug 15, 2019 311 views

when in the medical field dealing with children is it easier to find yourself caring too much if yo see one struggling?

#medicine #medicine-school #nursing

Madison’s Avatar
Madison Sep 04, 2018 329 views

I am really interested in being in the medical field, but I don't like school. What career lets me be involved with a medical career but doesn't require over 5 years of additional schooling after high school?

#medicine #medicine-school #healthcare #healthcare

Ashlyn’s Avatar
Ashlyn May 26, 2018 628 views

What qualities and grades do medical schools look for in a student?

Is it like normal college qualities or higher standards? #medicine #med-school #medicine-school #doctor #healthcare #hospital-and-healthcare #grades #applications #college

Osiris ’s Avatar
Osiris Oct 12, 2017 531 views

How much does the undergrad college you go to affect what medical school you get into?

I am a senior in high school and am getting ready to apply to undergrad. I want to be a surgeon and know that I will have to apply to medical school once I am done with undergrad. I want to go to a smaller college/less known college because they are less expensive but I do not know if they...

Ankit’s Avatar
Ankit May 30, 2017 512 views

What is a typical day in the life like for a medical student?

I am interested in going to medical school after college (possibly to be a surgeon), and was wondering what it would be like. #career #medicine #medicine-school

Angelina’s Avatar
Angelina Jan 25, 2017 631 views

If you could tell a nursing student one piece of advice, what would it be?

I am hoping to become a nurse someday, and I was wondering what advice you would have for me? #nursing #medicine #nurse #healthcare #registered-nurses #medicine-school

Ashley’s Avatar
Ashley Dec 21, 2016 953 views

What is needed to apply to Medical School?

I am currently a college student, working towards a bachelor in Biological Sciences. I wanted to know what I should I be doing to improving my chances in getting into and being successful in medical school. #medicine #medicine-school #medicine-education #medicine-research

Hashir’s Avatar
Hashir Nov 02, 2016 864 views

What are some good experiences to add when thinking about applying to medical school?

I'm trying to figure out what are the most important activities that will help me improve my candidacy for medical school. #medicine #graduate #research #medicine-school #volunteering #undergraduate #admissions #medcine

Amy’s Avatar
Amy Jun 18, 2016 775 views

Does anyone have firsthand experience or knowledge about what happens if someone does not make it into medical school?

I am interested in the medical field to become a doctor but I am aware of the low acceptance rate into medical schools. #medicine #pre-med #medicine-school

Lonnell’s Avatar
Lonnell Jun 01, 2016 870 views

How long do I need to go to school to be a doctor?

I am interested in being a doctor but I need to know how long I will have to go to college. #college #doctor #medicine #medicine-school

Loren ’s Avatar
Loren May 23, 2016 448 views

Are there financial aid opportunities in med school?

I am considering entering the Pre-Med program at my school, however I come a low income background and I am fearful that I will not be able to afford tuition at the graduate level.
Thanks! #doctor #medicine #pre-med #medicine-school

Anders’s Avatar
Anders May 19, 2016 1912 views

What are some good backup careers in the case that I'm not accepted into medical school after the 1st or 2nd try?

I haven't always been the best student academically and have heard it's a good idea to have a backup for medical school. I am most interested in Neurology/Neuroimaging but any other suggestions are welcomed. #career #medicine #career-paths #medicine-school #careers #neurology #career-change...

Anders’s Avatar
Anders May 19, 2016 612 views

What extracurricular experiences (beyond academics) do you believe were most beneficial in helping you prepare for and enter medical school?

I plan to apply for medical schools within the next 2 years and am curious as to what has been most helpful for others (in their personal opinion) to gain acceptance. I often hear that while grades and honors are important, there are many other things that admissions committees look for in an...

Alista’s Avatar
Alista May 18, 2016 832 views

What are some classes I should take in undergraduate college to be a pediatrician?

I would love to be a pediatrician.

[P.S. This question was edited by a site admin for grammar and clarity.] #medicine #medicine-school #students #professors #professionals #doctors #graduates #nurses

Bethany’s Avatar
Bethany May 17, 2016 591 views

What are some good jobs to have or experiences to get after undergrad to boost your medical school application?

I'm about to be a senior in college and I really want to go to med school to become a psychiatrist. Psychology has been my passion since I was a junior in high school, so 4 years now. Psychiatry really interests me because I love looking at the brain, and the ever-changing field will fuel my...

Delaney’s Avatar
Delaney May 13, 2016 860 views

I know getting into medical school is very competitive; generally is it better to go to a "lesser" undergraduate school and excel or is is better to go to a prestigious school and wind up in the middle of the pack?

It's a difficult decision to make, especially when you factor in cost, and scholarship availability in the more competitive schools. I have been going back and forth about trying to get into a more prestigious school for my undergraduate degree, realizing that I'll also have continuing costs...

Andrea’s Avatar
Andrea May 08, 2016 888 views

Does it matter where you get your undergraduates degree when going into medical school?

I am a sophomore in high school and am looking to become a neurosurgeon. If wanting to get into a good medical school, do I have to go to a well-known university first? #college #medicine #university #graduate #medicine-school #surgery #surgeon #undergraduate

La'Nyah’s Avatar
La'Nyah May 05, 2016 649 views

How long do I have to stay in school to be a psychiatrist? Also what should I major in?

I am asking because I get a different answer every time I ask someone. I have about two more years until I get to college but I want to know ahead of time. #medicine-school #psychiatry #medicine #science #hospital-and-health-care #hospitals #college

Tyler’s Avatar
Tyler May 04, 2016 661 views

Is the cost of medical school education worth it?

I'm considering attending medical school eventually. #doctor #medicine #medicine-school

Blaine ’s Avatar
Blaine Feb 10, 2015 1304 views

I am interested in become either a neurosurgeon or anesthesiologist.

I am a high school senior, and am planning on being a nursing major with a focus in pre-med. Am I on a good path as of now? If so, what else can I do? Note: I am also planning on becoming an EMT, and working as one while I go to college. #college #nursing #medicine #pre-med #medicine-school...