Career Questions tagged Academic

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. May 04

Do colleges take rigor into account when giving Merit/Academic Scholarships?

For Merit/Academic Scholarships, is it better to get an A in a normal class, or a B in an Honors/AP/College class? #college #scholarship #college-advice #financial-aid #money #student #ap #academic #merit #honors #act #sat #career...

#college-admissions

Noelani L.’s Avatar
Noelani L. May 11, 2018

Pros and cons of graduating early in high school

Hey y'all. I'm a junior who moved into a new school who'll have a block schedule next year (senior year). I have the opportunity to graduate early since I'm ahead compared to most of my peers. What are the pros and cons of graduating early, like mid-year? Will colleges like that or they think...

#college-advice #dank #college #academic

Jade B.’s Avatar
Jade B. May 19, 2016

Other than biology and chemistry, What majors do you recommend for someone looking to go to medical school?

I am interested in becoming a Doctor in the future and want to make sure I have the right major for my likes and career goals. #medical #majors #academic #hospital-and-health-care #healthcare #medicine...

kiran K.’s Avatar
kiran K. Apr 29, 2016

What is the salary for biology lecturer in india

i am passed my 2nd puc , waiting for the result #expertise #biology...

#academic

ravi G.’s Avatar
ravi G. May 14, 2016
Lucie L.’s Avatar
Lucie L. Oct 12, 2017

How does an academic major in college affect job opportunities in the music field?

Hi, I'm a senior in High School. I would like to pursue music as a career, but it is hard for me to find a major that has what I am looking for or one that I can afford/qualify for. My alternative is to apply to either the same college as my preferred program or a cheaper college as an...

#college-advice #college #academic #student-debt #majors #music-industry #music-education #music #college-major #music-production

Nathali B.’s Avatar
Nathali B. Sep 01, 2017

Is it important and helpful to join clubs or organizations in college?

I am a full time student in college and have been interested in joining a couple of organizations but I have not committed. #collegelife #college #academic #academic-advising...

#college-advice

Hadi D.’s Avatar
Hadi D. Feb 15, 2017

What should be done to have a PhD in International Trade area?

I consider working as an academic. In this regard, I have a bachelor degree of International Trade and Logistic. I need some suggestion about it. #phd #logistics #academia #international-trade #logistics...

#academic

Daniella F.’s Avatar
Daniella F. Jan 15, 2017

What are the pros and cons of Ivy Leagues compared to other colleges?

In all aspects, including socially, academically, financially, career-wise,etc., how do Ivy Leagues compare to other colleges/universities? Does their prestige affect the overall outcome of one's future? #college #career #university #career-path #social #career-development #ivy-league...

#academic

Anders L.’s Avatar
Anders L. May 19, 2016

What extracurricular experiences (beyond academics) do you believe were most beneficial in helping you prepare for and enter medical school?

I plan to apply for medical schools within the next 2 years and am curious as to what has been most helpful for others (in their personal opinion) to gain acceptance. I often hear that while grades and honors are important, there are many other things that admissions committees look for in an...

#academic #medical-school #medical #extracurriculars #application #physician #admissions

Gage R.’s Avatar
Gage R. May 19, 2016

Is a 3.2 GPA bad?

I hang out with a lot of friends with very high GPAs. I do not know if I am just bringing myself down because I hangout with very intelligent people or if I should really be worrying. I am currently going into my junior year and will really be pushing myself this year. #scholarships #gpa...

#academic

Szatana J.’s Avatar
Szatana J. May 16, 2016

Can getting your college degree be completed in 4 years?

Most of the people I know have taken more than 4 years. I'm also putting Mathematics because that's what I want to pursue in college. #college #mathematics...

#academic

Anna K.’s Avatar
Anna K. Feb 23, 2016

Does anyone know about the academic/social environment at Harvard University?

Hello, If you are a college student at Harvard/professional who has worked at Harvard University, I would greatly appreciate some feedback from your personal experience with Harvard. I don't mean academic statistics or rankings, but the social atmosphere, how people make friends, cafeteria...

#academic #harvard #college-bound #social #college