Career Questions tagged Sat

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. May 04 80 views

Do colleges take rigor into account when giving Merit/Academic Scholarships?

For Merit/Academic Scholarships, is it better to get an A in a normal class, or a B in an Honors/AP/College class? #college #scholarship #college-advice #financial-aid #money #student #ap #academic #merit #honors #act #sat #career...

#college-admissions

Elizabeth G.’s Avatar
Elizabeth G. Nov 06, 2018 189 views

I took two SAT subject tests and I'm wondering if I should send those scores to colleges that don't require them?

I got a 720 on Math 2 and 690 on Biology. Some of my schools have the option of submitting these scores. Do you think submitting them will help or hurt my application? #sat #college-admissions...

Calista C.’s Avatar
Calista C. Oct 31, 2018 175 views

Why are college acceptance rates so low?

Acceptance rates to “elite” colleges and universities are extremely low and continue to drop each year. So I am wondering if these colleges and universities are very hard to get into because they admission standards have changed and continue to change of if there are just more applicants each...

#gpa #collegeadmissions #sat #ivyleague #acceptancerates

Kylee R.’s Avatar
Kylee R. Oct 30, 2018 155 views

How do you find out what scores a school really wants for the SAT and ACT?

I've been told that some schools only require one test or the other, but how do you find what a specific school wants and the minimum score requirements? #sat #college #act...

#testing

Darlie C.’s Avatar
Darlie C. Oct 24, 2018 161 views

What are some things that I should study for SAT in order to increase my score by 250 points

My sat grade the first time wasn’t that I’m trying to bring it up to at least a 1100 any pointers #college-admissions #testing...

#sat

Vanessa R.’s Avatar
Vanessa R. Sep 21, 2018 126 views

What’s a good sat score?

Jenna M.’s Avatar
Jenna M. Aug 30, 2018 142 views
Gina A.’s Avatar
Gina A. Aug 28, 2018 136 views

What is a good SAT and/or ACT?

I have taken the SAT twice now and I'm about to take the ACT, but what is a good score for both? Is there at least a good score to get? #sat #act #help #school...

#ihavenoideawhatimdoing

Natalie R.’s Avatar
Natalie R. Aug 27, 2018 157 views

When should I start taking the SAT/ACT?

Do I need to take the SAT/ACT before 12th grade other than for scholarships/summer programs/etc? #college...

#sat

Richard P.’s Avatar
Richard P. Aug 23, 2018 137 views

Is there a way to take the SAT if I skipped it in school?

So my high school life wasn't the best academically so I skipped as many not needed days as possible, one of them being the SAT day. Last year when I was looking for scholarships I noticed about half of the scholarships wanted an SAT score. Since I didn't take it I don't have a score to give...

#sat

edward W.’s Avatar
edward W. Aug 18, 2018 101 views

do you have to take a sat to get into college

just not sure...

#sat

Carolyn S.’s Avatar
Carolyn S. Aug 16, 2018 124 views

What should be my goal score for the ACT and SAT?

Test score expectations?? #testing #act #sat...

#applications

Zachariah B.’s Avatar
Zachariah B. Apr 23, 2018 144 views

Will a score of 1160 on the SATs keep me from getting into Fairleigh Dickenson University?

I have not heard back from this University yet. I wonder whether or not they dislike my score, so I was wondering if the score I received is below the average score they accept. #scoring #fdu #sat #admissions #testing...

#scores

Brianna T.’s Avatar
Brianna T. May 17, 2018 174 views

What is considered a "good" SAT score to have in order to get into a ivy league?

I got an average score on the SAT but I am well rounded everywhere else. #college #admissions #college-admissions #ivyleague #sat...

#testing

Annette G.’s Avatar
Annette G. May 13, 2018 228 views

Do my AP and SAT scores really matter for getting into college?

Right now my teachers are pushing for us to study and do well on AP exams and on SAT subject tests and I was wondering about how much it really matters in the end. #apexams...

#sat

Ariel N.’s Avatar
Ariel N. Jan 16, 2018 226 views

What are the defining factors colleges look for when applying to college?

When looking at colleges, they show the GPA and SAT scores that are required and that’s all. Some will say they look for how involved you are in school and your community. I just want a clear statement of what most colleges want to see from me. #applying #requirements-management #college...

#gpa #college-admissions #sat

Carina P.’s Avatar
Carina P. Apr 18, 2018 173 views

If I did not that the PSATs, what is my likelihood of getting a full ride with just the SAT score?

I did not take the PSAT, but I have a good SAT score. Would that qualify me for a full ride, or just merit scholarships? #test #sat #psat #scholarship #college #score #school...

#help

Anacletus M.’s Avatar
Anacletus M. Mar 31, 2018 221 views

Is it a good idea to practice the SAT Test with different books from different companies?

I am asking this question because I am getting ready for the SAT, and I have different book from different companies like College Board, Princeton, and Kaplan and I am no sure which book is best for SAT preparation.#sat Practice #college...

#college-advice

Yazmeen S.’s Avatar
Yazmeen S. Apr 04, 2018 130 views

How important are SAT grades?

In applying for colleges, are SAT grades more or less valued than other aspects of your profile (ex; volunteer hours, etc.)? In addition to this, how important are your scores in the varying areas of the SAT in relation to your major?...

#sat

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 03, 2018 158 views

How can I make sure that my schedule is doable?

Next year, (as a junior), I'm planning on taking AP Biology, AP literature, AP US History, Pre-Calculus, and studying for the SAT. I know that this is a very hard set of classes, but I also know that it's important for me to take at least three classes next year and I have to make sure that at...

#ap #apbiology #high-school-classes #sat

Sophonie M.’s Avatar
Sophonie M. Mar 18, 2018 168 views

Will colleges ever do away with standardized testing?

Many people, including myself, stress over SATs and ACTs. I believe that these tests never truly show an individual's true potential. SAT and ACT scores can also be the make-it-or-break-it determination of someone getting into their dream college, which is completely unfair. Will the SAT and...

#college #act #college-admissions #sat

Genna P.’s Avatar
Genna P. Mar 08, 2018 215 views

Are SAT and ACT scores more relevant than GPA and overall grades when it comes to college admissions?

Since a lot of high schools weight their GPAs differently, and since SATs and ACTs are standardized, I was wondering which aspect makes more of a difference when applying to colleges. #testing #sat #gpa #college...

#college-admissions

Shelby M.’s Avatar
Shelby M. Mar 23, 2018 185 views

Tips for the ACT?

I've already taken the PSAT so I have a general idea of what the SAT is going to be like but I wanted to ask what to expect from the ACT. Thanks! #sat #act...

#testing

amoi J.’s Avatar
amoi J. Mar 13, 2018 162 views

How to earn a high SAT score?

I am asking because I am a junior who is going to take the sat soon and I want to score my absolute best to earn more college opportunities? Also what are apps that can help me study ?#sat #college...

#college-advice

Erika W.’s Avatar
Erika W. Mar 06, 2018 184 views

Any American universities or programs that do not require taking the SAT?

I am a Canadian high school student interested in applying for school in America. My biggest concern right now is the SAT. #university #architecture #art #sat...

#program