Career Questions tagged Act

Samira M.’s Avatar
Samira M. Feb 17 233 views

I want to be a lawyer, actress, dancer and a model. Is all of this possible at once?

I absolutely love law and acting, modelling and dancing. I really want to pursue all of these professions but I am not sure whether it’s possible for this many careers to keep a balanced life. lawyers fashion-and-style dance act...

model

anabel L.’s Avatar
anabel L. Mar 03, 2020 374 views

What is the best way to study for the ACT?

I am a sophomore in high school and I am fixing to take the ACT. I have to make at least a 21 in order to do duel enrollment. studying-tips act...

college

Sohaib A.’s Avatar
Sohaib A. Jan 18, 2018 440 views

How much will my ACT effect my chances for success?

I have been studying a lot for the ACT and I have been improving, but I am not a great standardized test-taker and the reading section is what hurts me the most. Will having a score in the lower thirties negatively impact my chance for success? ACT exam standardized-testing entrance-exams...

studying test-prep studying-tips

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. May 04, 2019 326 views

Do colleges take rigor into account when giving Merit/Academic Scholarships?

For Merit/Academic Scholarships, is it better to get an A in a normal class, or a B in an Honors/AP/College class? college scholarship college-advice financial-aid money student ap academic merit honors act sat career...

college-admissions

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Apr 16, 2019 366 views

Are ACT Prep Classes really that helpful?

I need an ACT score of at least 30 to get into a military academy. From my PSAT score, I'll probably get a 28. Will an ACT Prep class actually raise my score by two points or more? Thanks! college military military act art physics air-force navy marines theater act career test...

ap writing academy language reading high-school math education english

Kylee R.’s Avatar
Kylee R. Oct 30, 2018 401 views

How do you find out what scores a school really wants for the SAT and ACT?

I've been told that some schools only require one test or the other, but how do you find what a specific school wants and the minimum score requirements? sat college act...

testing

Gina A.’s Avatar
Gina A. Aug 28, 2018 303 views

What is a good SAT and/or ACT?

I have taken the SAT twice now and I'm about to take the ACT, but what is a good score for both? Is there at least a good score to get? SAT ACT help school...

ihavenoideawhatimdoing

McKenzie R.’s Avatar
McKenzie R. Aug 28, 2018 310 views
Carolyn S.’s Avatar
Carolyn S. Aug 16, 2018 287 views
Ryan C.’s Avatar
Ryan C. Apr 19, 2018 361 views

How good do I need to do on the Act?

What is considered a good Act score? Are there any ways to go do a decent university for free solely based on your Act score without financial aid? Act testing college financial-aid...

scholarships

Nicole H.’s Avatar
Nicole H. May 16, 2018 286 views

Do colleges really care about ACT Writing versus regular?

A lot of colleges say they require only the ACT with writing. Does this mean if I send an application with the ACT without writing they will throw out my application? ACT college...

applications

Sophonie M.’s Avatar
Sophonie M. Mar 18, 2018 352 views

Will colleges ever do away with standardized testing?

Many people, including myself, stress over SATs and ACTs. I believe that these tests never truly show an individual's true potential. SAT and ACT scores can also be the make-it-or-break-it determination of someone getting into their dream college, which is completely unfair. Will the SAT and...

college-admissions college act sat

Shelby M.’s Avatar
Shelby M. Mar 23, 2018 362 views

Tips for the ACT?

I've already taken the PSAT so I have a general idea of what the SAT is going to be like but I wanted to ask what to expect from the ACT. Thanks! sat ACT...

testing

Joy Z.’s Avatar
Joy Z. Jan 25, 2018 801 views

what is the SAT score range for getting into Ivy League schools?

SAT score range and the accomplishments people do in high schools. What makes those students stand out from the others? General comments about Ivy League schools. ivyleague ACT college-major college SAT university howard-university brown-university...

columbia-university

Maricela O.’s Avatar
Maricela O. Jan 22, 2018 419 views

Is it harder to become an actor/actress as an adult?

I know there's a lot of casting companies who come around for children or teenagers to be in commercials and start off acting that way. But I am almost 17 and I can't afford to go to the acting programs offered for me. So my question is, is it harder for opportunities like this as you reach age...

films theater film-acting theatre short-films acting act

Dillon B.’s Avatar
Dillon B. Jan 18, 2018 349 views

What are benefits or the pros and cons of taking one of the ACT or the SAT tests over the other?

Curious which one may hold more benefits and if I was only able to take one which would be recommended. I currently plan on taking both. testing sat...

act

Cody S.’s Avatar
Cody S. Jan 16, 2018 375 views

I've already taken the SAT-- do I still need to take the ACT?

I've taken the SAT twice, and my scores have already gotten me into my dream college with a scholarship. Is it still necessary or helpful for me to take an ACT? SAT ACT...

questionscholarship

TiYonna  D.’s Avatar
TiYonna D. Sep 29, 2017 471 views

Does anyone have any helpful study habits to get great scores on the SAT or ACT?

Well I haven't taken it yet, but I have done the psat and online practice on Kahn Academy. I have improved a lot, but I want to develop some study habits to be very confident on both tests. SAT ACT studying-tips...

testing

TiYonna  D.’s Avatar
TiYonna D. Sep 29, 2017 390 views

Well I haven't taken it yet, but I have done the psat and online practice on Kahn Academy. I have improved a lot, but I want to develop some study habits to be very confident on both tests. SAT...

act

Michael R.’s Avatar
Michael R. Sep 14, 2017 512 views

How can I increase my ACT score significantly.

I'm wanting to raise my ACT score so I can have more money for college and wanting I'm to expand my area of learning , so what can I do to raise that...

Josephine C.’s Avatar
Josephine C. Jun 23, 2017 1357 views

Best method to studying for SAT and ACT at the same time?

I am planning to take the ACT in September and SAT in October and I would like to know how I can study for both simultaneously and receive the best scores I possibly can. Any advice? Have any of you done the same before? college testing ivy-league sat...

act

Andrew A.’s Avatar
Andrew A. May 18, 2016 430 views

I got a 36 on the ACT, how can I best utilize it to get scholarships?

I need financial help to pursue a degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering college engineer scholarships...

act

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Dec 26, 2016 548 views

What are the best SAT and/or ACT prep programs there are?

A lot of people achieve success in many different ways but I think the way that will most benefit me is some sort of prep program that doesn't cost too much (otherwise I can't afford it) and it doesn't matter if it is in person or online. Either way I am looking for a prep program that will...

test-planning sat test-prep high-school-students prep-programs act

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Dec 17, 2016 594 views

What are the pros and cons of the SAT and the ACT weighed against each other?

I believe that majority of universities and colleges accept both the SAT and the ACT but what are the differences between them? I also don't know which one would probably yield a higher score for me...should I take both and see? sat act test-planning cons pros...

high-school-tests