Career Questions tagged Act

Sohaib A.’s Avatar
Sohaib A. Jan 18, 2018 182 views

How much will my ACT effect my chances for success?

I have been studying a lot for the ACT and I have been improving, but I am not a great standardized test-taker and the reading section is what hurts me the most. Will having a score in the lower thirties negatively impact my chance for success? #act #exam #standardized-testing #entrance-exams...

#studying-tips #studying #test-prep

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. May 05, 2019 140 views

Do rigorous classes prepare you for the ACT, or will I need a prep class?

Do Honors/AP/College classes prepare you enough for the ACT, or will I need a prep class? I'm trying to figure out if I should try to fit an ACT Prep class into my schedule. Thanks! #college #student #nurse #nursing #classes #university #act #ap #rigorous #science #technology #engineering #math...

#reading #any #test #career #chemistry #doctor #essay #stem #medicine #english #biology #tech #registered-nurses #physics #professor

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. May 04, 2019 96 views

Do colleges take rigor into account when giving Merit/Academic Scholarships?

For Merit/Academic Scholarships, is it better to get an A in a normal class, or a B in an Honors/AP/College class? #college #scholarship #college-advice #financial-aid #money #student #ap #academic #merit #honors #act #sat #career...

#college-admissions

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Apr 16, 2019 111 views

Are ACT Prep Classes really that helpful?

I need an ACT score of at least 30 to get into a military academy. From my PSAT score, I'll probably get a 28. Will an ACT Prep class actually raise my score by two points or more? Thanks! #college #military #military #act #art #physics #air-force #navy #marines #theater #act #career #test...

#high-school #reading #writing #language #ap #education #academy #english #math

Kylee R.’s Avatar
Kylee R. Oct 30, 2018 186 views

How do you find out what scores a school really wants for the SAT and ACT?

I've been told that some schools only require one test or the other, but how do you find what a specific school wants and the minimum score requirements? #sat #college #act...

#testing

Hannah S.’s Avatar
Hannah S. Oct 23, 2018 164 views
Gina A.’s Avatar
Gina A. Aug 28, 2018 152 views

What is a good SAT and/or ACT?

I have taken the SAT twice now and I'm about to take the ACT, but what is a good score for both? Is there at least a good score to get? #sat #act #help #school...

#ihavenoideawhatimdoing

McKenzie R.’s Avatar
McKenzie R. Aug 28, 2018 175 views
Carolyn S.’s Avatar
Carolyn S. Aug 16, 2018 138 views

What should be my goal score for the ACT and SAT?

Test score expectations?? #testing #act #sat...

#applications

Ryan C.’s Avatar
Ryan C. Apr 19, 2018 188 views

How good do I need to do on the Act?

What is considered a good Act score? Are there any ways to go do a decent university for free solely based on your Act score without financial aid? #act #testing #college #financial-aid...

#scholarships

Nicole H.’s Avatar
Nicole H. May 16, 2018 164 views

Do colleges really care about ACT Writing versus regular?

A lot of colleges say they require only the ACT with writing. Does this mean if I send an application with the ACT without writing they will throw out my application? #act #college...

#applications

Sophonie M.’s Avatar
Sophonie M. Mar 18, 2018 182 views

Will colleges ever do away with standardized testing?

Many people, including myself, stress over SATs and ACTs. I believe that these tests never truly show an individual's true potential. SAT and ACT scores can also be the make-it-or-break-it determination of someone getting into their dream college, which is completely unfair. Will the SAT and...

#sat #college #college-admissions #act

Shelby M.’s Avatar
Shelby M. Mar 23, 2018 206 views

Tips for the ACT?

I've already taken the PSAT so I have a general idea of what the SAT is going to be like but I wanted to ask what to expect from the ACT. Thanks! #sat #act...

#testing

Joy Z.’s Avatar
Joy Z. Jan 25, 2018 306 views

what is the SAT score range for getting into Ivy League schools?

SAT score range and the accomplishments people do in high schools. What makes those students stand out from the others? General comments about Ivy League schools. #ivyleague #act #college-major #college #sat #university #howard-university #brown-university...

#columbia-university

Maricela O.’s Avatar
Maricela O. Jan 22, 2018 243 views

Is it harder to become an actor/actress as an adult?

I know there's a lot of casting companies who come around for children or teenagers to be in commercials and start off acting that way. But I am almost 17 and I can't afford to go to the acting programs offered for me. So my question is, is it harder for opportunities like this as you reach age...

#acting #theater #act #theatre #films #short-films #film-acting

Dillon B.’s Avatar
Dillon B. Jan 18, 2018 193 views

What are benefits or the pros and cons of taking one of the ACT or the SAT tests over the other?

Curious which one may hold more benefits and if I was only able to take one which would be recommended. I currently plan on taking both. #testing #sat...

#act

Cody S.’s Avatar
Cody S. Jan 16, 2018 251 views

I've already taken the SAT-- do I still need to take the ACT?

I've taken the SAT twice, and my scores have already gotten me into my dream college with a scholarship. Is it still necessary or helpful for me to take an ACT? #sat #act...

#questionscholarship

Tyler M.’s Avatar
Tyler M. Jan 16, 2018 241 views
TiYonna  D.’s Avatar
TiYonna D. Sep 29, 2017 303 views

Does anyone have any helpful study habits to get great scores on the SAT or ACT?

Well I haven't taken it yet, but I have done the psat and online practice on Kahn Academy. I have improved a lot, but I want to develop some study habits to be very confident on both tests. #sat #act #studying-tips...

#testing

TiYonna  D.’s Avatar
TiYonna D. Sep 29, 2017 275 views

Well I haven't taken it yet, but I have done the psat and online practice on Kahn Academy. I have improved a lot, but I want to develop some study habits to be very confident on both tests. #sat...

#act

Michael R.’s Avatar
Michael R. Sep 14, 2017 355 views

How can I increase my ACT score significantly.

I'm wanting to raise my #act score so I can have more money for college and wanting I'm to expand my area of learning , so what can I do to raise that...

Josephine C.’s Avatar
Josephine C. Jun 23, 2017 722 views

Best method to studying for SAT and ACT at the same time?

I am planning to take the ACT in September and SAT in October and I would like to know how I can study for both simultaneously and receive the best scores I possibly can. Any advice? Have any of you done the same before? #college #testing #ivy-league #sat...

#act

Andrew A.’s Avatar
Andrew A. May 18, 2016 332 views

I got a 36 on the ACT, how can I best utilize it to get scholarships?

I need financial help to pursue a degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering #college #engineer #scholarships...

#act

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Dec 26, 2016 390 views

What are the best SAT and/or ACT prep programs there are?

A lot of people achieve success in many different ways but I think the way that will most benefit me is some sort of prep program that doesn't cost too much (otherwise I can't afford it) and it doesn't matter if it is in person or online. Either way I am looking for a prep program that will...

#sat #act #test-prep #prep-programs #test-planning #high-school-students

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Dec 17, 2016 427 views

What are the pros and cons of the SAT and the ACT weighed against each other?

I believe that majority of universities and colleges accept both the SAT and the ACT but what are the differences between them? I also don't know which one would probably yield a higher score for me...should I take both and see? #sat #act #test-planning #cons #pros...

#high-school-tests

Luka G.’s Avatar
Luka G. Nov 06, 2016 434 views

What is the main difference between the old and new SAT? Is one easier/harder than the other?

Hi! I'm a sophomore in high school and I was wondering to which SAT (new or old) would best fit me. My question is what is the main difference between the two tests and if you recommend one over the other? Thanks! #sat #act...

#newsat

Karen P.’s Avatar
Karen P. Aug 26, 2016 457 views

What are some ways I can make my junior year of high school less overbearing?

I am a high school student going into my third-year of high school. As you are no longer a newbie in high school, you would think that it would be easier to handle both school and the rest of your life since you should have gotten the hang of things already. Unfortunately, it only gets harder....

#classes #high-school #sat #act #high-school-classes #sports #survival #junior-year

Riley Y.’s Avatar
Riley Y. Aug 20, 2016 320 views

How can I get into a good college if my ACT score is only average? My grades are mostly A's, some B's but I can't seem to get higher than a 25 on the ACT

My career goal in Engineering. I would like to attend a great college for this....

#act

Parker F.’s Avatar
Parker F. May 19, 2016 519 views

How can I improve my ACT or SAT score?

When I originally took the ACT I scored a 19 total. I am going to be retaking it in June and would like some tips on how to improve all of my scores. #college #professor...

#act