Do colleges take rigor into account when giving Merit/Academic Scholarships?

4

For Merit/Academic Scholarships, is it better to get an A in a normal class, or a B in an Honors/AP/College class?
#college #scholarship #college-advice #financial-aid #money #student #ap #academic #merit #honors #act #sat #career #college-admissions

4

Anchal’s Answer

0

Colleges do take rigor into condition. But you have to portray that in an impressive way, for example by citing few examples, while writing essays for the universities you want to apply. Provided you get selected for an interview process with any university, you have to show the universities that you have a good personality along with being rigor.

0

Jacob’s Answer

0

Hi, Christian,

In my experience, yes, colleges do consider the distinction between regular and more advanced classes when awarding scholarships. I volunteered in the admissions office at the university I attended and your question was one we received pretty regularly. When you visit schools that you are interested in, it might be a good idea to ask that question to an admissions counselor or you can try calling the financial aid office.

I hope this helps - good luck!

I believe that colleges take rigor into account when giving Merit/Academic Scholarships out. Academic scholarships all come with their own requirements regarding academic performance and extracurricular involvement. Merit scholarships can sometimes require community service involvement, or demonstrated leader/ship potential. School sports or politics are exemplary of this. Students in athletic leadership positions, such as team captains, or servicing as class president, are highly appealing to organizations looking to bankroll the formal education of future leaders. Note: In order to find the academic scholarship opportunities that are right for you, conduct a free college scholarship search on Scholarships.com. Bernice D.
0