Career Questions tagged Financial Aid

Financial aid is available to a college student who meets the requirements. Every college has a department that will assist students in filling out the necessary forms. For more information,...

when winter falls
when winter falls ". Aug 10 68 views

What should I choose? A good environment, top university but in the countryside and doesn't have the course I wanna pursue or college school in the city and having a scholarship?

What keeps holding my thoughts back is if I choose to study in the countryside but I'm afraid that my city scholarship will remove because in the meantime there's still a covid-19 in my country so the classes are held online. If I choose the university in the countryside, I'm still in the city...

#college #financial-aid #scholarship #topuniversity #college-admissions #nature #university

Humayun S.’s Avatar
Humayun S. Jul 27 107 views

How I can get American Master Scholarship 2022 as an international student from Pakistan?

I need master scholarship in America as I am in final year of my BS geophysics degree. I can’t afford american best educational institution but I wanna to get this opportunity for high standard education. #scholarship #student #scholarship #scholarship #financial-aid...

#money

pradeep S.’s Avatar
pradeep S. May 06 352 views

i want to know that can i invest my money for the long term ,like 10 year. Does it stay there or I have to sell the stocks i buyed earlier

i'm a final year student. i don't earn as of now. but i do have my savings something around 6000. where and how can i invest #student #financial-aid...

#money

Keo N.’s Avatar
Keo N. May 02 225 views

Can I attend two universities?

I committed to two colleges but college 1 starts in the summer 2021 and the college 2 starts in the fall 2021. I am planning on only staying at college 1 for the summer term and then dropping out. I plan on continuing at college 2 from fall till the end of my sophomore year. I plan on using my...

#financial-aid #finance #fafsa #human-resources

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Apr 19 194 views

Scholarship advice? When should I start looking?

Office Hours #4: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Mark Eagle This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was...

#financial-aid #paying-for-college #tuition #scholarships #finances

Oscar R.’s Avatar
Oscar R. Aug 17, 2020 203 views

Can undocumented students receive Institutional and state aid for college

Is institutional aid available to anyone regardless of immigration status? According to the fafsa it says that undocumented students may be eligible for college or state aid. Is college aid institutional aid? # #financial-aid...

Victwhon N.’s Avatar
Victwhon N. Jul 07, 2020 242 views

Why is it so hard to get a scholarship for a D1 school?

I’m about to turn 16. I care about others and like to help others out. #scholarship #financial-aid #help #student...

Nathaniel T.’s Avatar
Nathaniel T. Jun 08, 2020 463 views

I Have not Received ANY Scholarships! 60+ applications!

I have applied to many merit and need-based scholarships. I am from a middle class family and have a 5.4 unweighted GPA, as well as a 1520 on my SAT. I am half Asian and half white. Both my parents are first-generation college students. We have low income and high assets, and I really want to...

#college #financial-aid #rejections #scholarship #help #essay #engineering

Pearl D.’s Avatar
Pearl D. May 04, 2020 743 views

What are the best scholarships for international students as a Class of '24 incoming freshman?

I am a South African student who will be attending an American state university in the fall. However, due to laws that prevent my university from providing me with aid because I am an international student, I might struggle to pay to attend. I really do not want to use large loans as a solution...

#college #financial-aid #scholarship #financial-planning #student

Aria P.’s Avatar
Aria P. Apr 27, 2020 496 views

Any tips on saving for university?

Hi! I’m hoping to attend university in a few years and the financial burden of it all has been worrying me. I’m a high school student, and the only source of income in my family comes from my dad. I’ve spoken with my parents about plans for college and it seems that they expect me to at least...

#college #financial-aid #scholarship #university #financial-planning #high-school

Adam A.’s Avatar
Adam A. Apr 25, 2020 336 views

How can I get scholarships to go to college

I am graduating this year and scared of not being able to pay for college. So I am seeking anyone’s on how I can get good scholarships to help me pay for college. There a bunch on the internet but a lot are just false ads. #scholarship #money #financial-aid...

#college-advice

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Apr 21, 2020 308 views

I want to finish college but...

I tried researching for scholarships, but I can not really trust any of them. I have so many time since I was in high school, now I'm a college student and I still haven't gotten any scholarships. My weakness when it comes to applying for scholarships is the essay part. I want to find a...

#college #financial-aid #informationtechnology #scholarship #finacialsupport #technology #it #college-admissions #money #housing

Vilma K.’s Avatar
Vilma K. Mar 17, 2020 341 views

How will COVID-19 effect my first semester of college?

I have a lot of questions such as: Should I expect my first semester as college to be online? How does this affect my financial aid? Will I need to still pay the full tuition price? Will I be required to still live on campus (or will I even be able to)? What should I expect in these next few...

#college #financial-aid #education #finance #covid-19

Krishigan Y.’s Avatar
Krishigan Y. Mar 13, 2020 225 views

Is it possible to get all of my financial aid from scholarships

I want to know if its possible to get all my financial aid for a university that costs 58k from online scholarships and if so, how many I would roughly have to apply to in order to gain anywhere close to that amount , and I know its unrealistic to get that much from scholarships so i wanted to...

#college #financial-aid #scholarship

alyssa F.’s Avatar
alyssa F. Jan 02, 2020 244 views

Is getting straight A's a good way to get a good scholarship ? And what if you were to have one B ? Would that effect your chance to recieve a scholarship . Also what kind of scholarships could you get that would be very beneficial ?

I want to be an orthopedic surgeon which will require 4 years of undergraduate, 4 years of medical school, and up to 5 years of residency. So I know it will be very important to get a scholarship and I would appreciate your advice and opinions. #scholarship #college #financial-aid #university...

#orthopedic #residency #medicine

Brian R.’s Avatar
Brian R. Dec 22, 2019 348 views

School may be committing fraud.

So after I had already been dropped out of school for more than a month and a half, still my school had pulled out a $5,000 portion of the financial aid for the next semester. And I've been notified several times, for several weeks prior, that I would be considered dropped out the next...

#college #financial-aid

Raquel D.’s Avatar
Raquel D. Sep 19, 2019 240 views