Career Questions tagged Admissions

Samruddhi P.’s Avatar
Samruddhi P. Mar 03 196 views

Can I get hospital volunteer hours virtually?

I want to be an ophthalmologist in the future, and I am currently a high school sophomore (10th grade). I know in pre-med/medical school admissions they ask a lot about what experience you have in the health care field, but I'm not sure how I can do that in the current times (the pandemic). I...

high-school pre-med college experience admissions ophthalmologist

Sydney S.’s Avatar
Sydney S. Dec 10, 2020 198 views

How can I increase my chances of getting into a doctorate of Physical therapy program?

Junior in college applying to DPT programs this summer. physicaltherapy...

admissions

Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Sep 02, 2020 344 views

When should I write my SAT?

Hi, I'm confused about how the SAT works, because I'm from India. When should I take my SATs? Should I take it immediately after my 12th Final Exam? Or before it? Will it be hard for me to prepare for these two really competitive exams at the same time? Or will I have a break after my 12th...

india sats indian highschool admissions

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Sep 16, 2019 279 views

Is it possible to complete a psychology PhD under a faculty member in a different department?

I'm looking into psychology graduate programs, particularly looking for researchers who study sexuality/relationships. People in this area vary in their actual department - for example, some are in sociology, communications, medicine, social work, etc. which vary pretty drastically from psych...

grad-school sociology social-work college psychiatry graduate-school medicine research communications admissions psychology applications phd

Breanna W.’s Avatar
Breanna W. Mar 12, 2018 424 views

What are the best ways to help me get into Medical School?

I am about to go to college and I want to start preparing myself for medical School medschool medical-school medicine healthcare hospital-and-healthcare applications...

admissions

Yazmeen M.’s Avatar
Yazmeen M. Jan 24, 2018 471 views

What are the benefits of the CSS profile?

The CSS profile is another form for financial aid. Some colleges require it now when you apply for financial aid. I just want to know how it differs from FAFSA. financial-aid finance college admissions...

scholarships

Kathryn C.’s Avatar
Kathryn C. Oct 30, 2018 328 views

Do global internships benefit you when it comes to veterinary school applications??

I'm currently an undergraduate looking to apply to vet school in a few years. I know that having relevant experience is crucial, so I've been applying for lots of internships. I fond some summer opportunities abroad, but there are steep program fees and I'm wondering if entry into these would...

grad-school veterinary application research admissions veterinary-school internship global resume college job work graduate-school science vet-school veterinarian

Samantha Z.’s Avatar
Samantha Z. Oct 05, 2018 355 views

PT school deadline

Does anyone know how long it will be until you find out if you get accepted into graduate school, PT more specifically? admissions college-admissions graduate-school PTschool...

admissiondecisions

Julia F.’s Avatar
Julia F. Aug 27, 2018 362 views

Does the high school you go to matters to colleges?

For example, does a student applying from the best high school in the state he or she lives in has a higher chance of being admitted into the college she/he wants than a student that comes from a normal high school (a school with no rankings)? high-school high-school-students school student...

college admissions

Amina G.’s Avatar
Amina G. Mar 10, 2018 373 views

What GPA do UC schools look like?

When applying to UC schools in California, what GPA do the schools look at (i.e. scholastic, weighted, unweighted, etc), because I want to be prepared to take the right classes? uc gpa admissions...

college-admissions

Rissa F.’s Avatar
Rissa F. Apr 19, 2018 391 views

What are things I should do if I want to get into a Grad School?

I want to get into a Grad School later, so I want to know about things I should be doing now to help me with that. graduate-school admissions grad-school college graduate...

application

Zachariah B.’s Avatar
Zachariah B. Apr 23, 2018 337 views

Will a score of 1160 on the SATs keep me from getting into Fairleigh Dickenson University?

I have not heard back from this University yet. I wonder whether or not they dislike my score, so I was wondering if the score I received is below the average score they accept. Scoring FDU sat admissions testing...

scores

Abdirasaq A.’s Avatar
Abdirasaq A. Apr 27, 2018 462 views

What is the most important thing medical schools look for besides your GPA or MCAT?

I have all of these options and I know I need to do something to show on my application. It is nice to be involved and well rounded. medicine med-school -school doctor admissions...

college-admissions

Shugufa M.’s Avatar
Shugufa M. Apr 28, 2018 445 views

What things can I do during pursuing my bachelor's degree to improve my chances of getting accepted into medical school?

I am asking this question because I would appreciate all the advice that I can get on this question. I don't have anyone that can really guide me in this whole process, and some advice on the route that I should take would really help. medicine doctor med-school medical-school pre-med...

admissions healthcare

Josie C.’s Avatar
Josie C. May 08, 2018 407 views

Does my ethnic background play a role in whether or not I get accepted?

I am asking about ethnicity because I am a white, female, however, I have Cherokee Indian on my grandfather's side of the family. I have no idea how to prove it; or what route to take. Is it even needed? Would it help getting admitted as a mixed ethnicity? Cherokee admitme financial-aid...

ethnicity college-admissions college admissions

Jade M.’s Avatar
Jade M. May 16, 2018 387 views

What kind of medical-related jobs are med schools looking for?

I hope to go to medical school after I graduate. I know there is a lot that medical schools want to see on your application even before you apply. I have heard from some other med students that you need to have some form of job experience or volunteer experience in a hospital with patients. I...

college-admissions med-school medicine doctor admissions jobexperience medschool

Emily V.’s Avatar
Emily V. May 16, 2018 360 views

How much more competitive is an Ivy League degree compared to a SUNY degree?

If two candidates are applying for the same job, will the one with the Ivy League School degree get it over the SUNY degree applicant? degrees college ivy-league SUNY admissions...

college-admissions

Brianna T.’s Avatar
Brianna T. May 17, 2018 422 views
Noelle M.’s Avatar
Noelle M. Jul 14, 2018 414 views

What is the most important factor to consider when choosing a college?

I've managed to come up with a list of several schools that I like and would enjoy attending, but I'm at a bit of a loss when it comes to which schools I should even apply to, let alone which one I should go to, one has a way better academic program, but the price is a lot higher and it's a lot...

college admissions

Justin E.’s Avatar
Justin E. Jul 09, 2018 398 views

What are some steps I can take to increase chances of admission at Georgia Tech?

I am currently a high school senior at a public high school in Atlanta, GA. So far, my SAT scores, GPA, Transcripts, and AP scores are high. I'm also in a school acapella club, do choir, and have been doing Academic Bowl for the past 3 years. This coming school year, I am going to lead my...

georgiatech high-school college admissions