Career Questions tagged Freshman

Shaina’s Avatar
Shaina Jan 17 195 views

Can I apply to tech internships in my freshman year?

I am finally a freshman studying for a degree in tech "BS in Information Systems". I am not too technical nor have good programming skills but I want to try and gain experience in how and what the tech industry looks and works through internships. My portfolio and resume focus more on digital...

Michael’s Avatar
Michael Dec 14, 2022 139 views

What is the most diificult part of being a in Marine Biology?

What is in the daily life of one.

Monique’s Avatar
Monique Dec 12, 2022 134 views

What are the top benefits and/or challenges of your job ?

#veterinarian
#freshman

Monique’s Avatar
Monique Dec 12, 2022 244 views

What questions should you be prepared for before an interview ?

I want to be prepared in the future
#veterinarian
#freshman

Monique’s Avatar
Monique Dec 12, 2022 101 views

Did you take advanced placement classes in the field of your choice?

#Veternarian
#freshman

Eboni’s Avatar
Eboni Dec 08, 2022 187 views

How often should I reach out to my Academic Advisor ?

I think it is a great idea for me to establish great communication with my Academic Advisor so I can keep on taking the necessary course for my degree. Not only that but I have been given great personal and professional advice and resources. I don't want to overstep my boundaries by asking a...

Carolyne’s Avatar
Carolyne Nov 25, 2022 179 views

What's it like being a freshman in college and how does it differ from being a freshman in high school?

I just want to compare my freshman year from high school to what my freshman year might be like in college.

Desiree’s Avatar
Desiree Nov 09, 2022 138 views

When i go into college will i have to live on dorm for my freshman year?

When I go into college will I have to live on dorm for my freshman year?

Shuk Man’s Avatar
Shuk Man Apr 17, 2022 279 views

What can I do in the summer to help me prepare for my freshman year of college?

from highs school senior

Kayse’s Avatar
Kayse May 17, 2021 306 views

What suggestions would a freshman in college get?

#Freshman #Career-Path #university #college-bound

Kimmyari’s Avatar
Kimmyari Jan 22, 2021 334 views

We're taught that if you don't go to college you can't be successful. I don't believe that. If I was to decide that I don't want to go to college but still want to learn, what's the best way to do that?

#college #freshman

Kimmyari’s Avatar
Kimmyari Jan 22, 2021 329 views

How do you choose a career for yourself in the future?

#careers #career-choice #career-development #career-plan #freshman

Kimmyari’s Avatar
Kimmyari Jan 22, 2021 399 views

How do I know if college is for me?

#Freshman #experience #education #degree

Angelika’s Avatar
Angelika Dec 08, 2020 700 views

What classes would I require to become a successful Marine Biologist?

I'm a 9th grader (freshman) who has just started High school! I find marine biology VERY fascinating, I watch many shows about Marine Biology like SeaWorld's "Ocean mysteries". So I was curious to what required classes are needed to get a degree in Marine Biology since I aspire to become a...

Rebecca’s Avatar
Rebecca Oct 08, 2018 514 views

What are some resources you wish you had known about when you first started college?

I am about to begin college, and I want to be prepared. Are there any resources for film related studies that you wished you knew about sooner?

#film #firstyear #freshman #videoproduction #filmproduction #videoediting #collegegraduate

Chrissell Joy’s Avatar
Chrissell Joy Aug 28, 2018 609 views

What advice can you give to someone who is an introvert and just started college?

#introvertproblems #introvert #freshman

Rachel’s Avatar
Rachel Aug 28, 2018 399 views

I am trying to adjust to the whole college lifestyle but I am extremely homesick. Do you have any tips on how to enjoy college without being homesick?

#college #freshman

Kayleigh’s Avatar
Kayleigh Aug 20, 2018 573 views

What would you recommend when trying to make connections with faculty?

As an incoming freshman, I've heard a lot about the importance of making connections with your professors if you want good recommendations or opportunities. What are some tips on how to do that (besides being a respectful and good student)? #student #college #professor #freshman

Kayleigh’s Avatar
Kayleigh Aug 20, 2018 491 views

Is it hard to do work-study in freshman year?

Especially as a student athlete I'm wondering if I'll really have much time aside from classes, practice, and work. #work #athlete #work-study #freshman

Kenneth’s Avatar
Kenneth Aug 17, 2018 482 views

What are things I can do as a freshman in high school to prepare for college?

#freshman # college-preparation #high-school

Riley’s Avatar
Riley Aug 14, 2018 385 views

Will being apart of an Honors College give me career opportunities during and after college?

I'm entering my freshman year of high school and was thinking about trying to get into an Honors College. Is the extra work on my gpa to get into an Honors College worth possibly not having as many extra curricula's on my resume? #HonorsCollege #highschool #freshman #gpa

Yasmin’s Avatar
Yasmin Aug 11, 2018 435 views

what i should do about studying

about how much or long should I be studying.
#study #freshman

Emily’s Avatar
Emily Aug 10, 2018 431 views

How did you feel about starting college in the spring semester?

I got into and decided on my first choice school, but I got into a program where you start in January and then catch-up to everyone during a summer semester abroad. I'm really excited about all of that, but now that the summer is almost over and most of my friends are gearing up to go away and...

Katelynn’s Avatar
Katelynn Jul 25, 2018 534 views

Music Education Time Management

Incoming Freshman with a Major in Music Education with concerns about time management. I have heard it is a stressful major and would like any supportive comments and advice to better prepare myself for Fall Semester.
#music #time-management #choral #freshman #teaching

Lexi’s Avatar
Lexi Apr 27, 2018 389 views

Do you have any advice pertaining to how to make the most of a freshman summer program?

I'm doing a summer program that allows me to get 13 credit hours before the rest of the freshman. I think it will be a fantastic way for me to get to know campus before 'real' school begins. This means a smaller, more individualized class size, but it also means a shorter term. Should I take...

Cody’s Avatar
Cody Apr 03, 2018 397 views

Is it harder to earn scholarships once you're in college?

Many of the scholarships I've applied to recently I've noticed are only provided for High School seniors. This makes me wonder... are most scholarships specifically for high school seniors or is there also a good range of scholarships for college students. #scholarships #college #freshman...

Nicole’s Avatar
Nicole Mar 25, 2018 481 views

How can I prepare for college and living away from my parents?

I am one of the only people in my family, the first child, to go to college. We do not know what to expect. How can I start preparing for this change that is about to occur? This will also be the first time I am going to be away from my parents; I will be living in a dorm. How can I get...

Zach’s Avatar
Zach Mar 15, 2018 466 views

Aboout how many classes should one expect to take in a semester in college?

Taking 6-7 classes in a row in one day for high school can be a grueling task, but I have heard that most people take far fewer in college with breaks in between. What should I expect going into freshman year? #class #freshman

Lauren’s Avatar
Lauren Jan 24, 2018 534 views

What are some secret tips for an inbound college student?

I need some advice on this from real college students, past or present ! Any advice would be great! #college #freshman

Diana’s Avatar
Diana Jan 16, 2018 484 views

What are some good study habits to adopt?

As a freshman in college I feel like my study habits are lacking. I feel as if I could be doing more or doing it better. What techniques can I use to better educate myself? #studying #college #freshman