Career Questions tagged Freshman

Rebecca M.’s Avatar
Rebecca M. Oct 08, 2018 243 views

What are some resources you wish you had known about when you first started college?

I am about to begin college, and I want to be prepared. Are there any resources for film related studies that you wished you knew about sooner? #film #firstyear #freshman #videoproduction #filmproduction #videoediting...

#collegegraduate

Kayleigh K.’s Avatar
Kayleigh K. Aug 20, 2018 297 views

What would you recommend when trying to make connections with faculty?

As an incoming freshman, I've heard a lot about the importance of making connections with your professors if you want good recommendations or opportunities. What are some tips on how to do that (besides being a respectful and good student)? #student #college #professor...

#freshman

Kayleigh K.’s Avatar
Kayleigh K. Aug 20, 2018 213 views

Is it hard to do work-study in freshman year?

Especially as a student athlete I'm wondering if I'll really have much time aside from classes, practice, and work. #work #athlete #work-study...

#freshman

Kenneth R.’s Avatar
Kenneth R. Aug 17, 2018 203 views
Riley D.’s Avatar
Riley D. Aug 14, 2018 175 views

Will being apart of an Honors College give me career opportunities during and after college?

I'm entering my freshman year of high school and was thinking about trying to get into an Honors College. Is the extra work on my gpa to get into an Honors College worth possibly not having as many extra curricula's on my resume? #honorscollege #highschool #freshman...

#gpa

Yasmin B.’s Avatar
Yasmin B. Aug 11, 2018 213 views

what i should do about studying

about how much or long should I be studying. #study...

#freshman

Emily B.’s Avatar
Emily B. Aug 10, 2018 201 views

How did you feel about starting college in the spring semester?

I got into and decided on my first choice school, but I got into a program where you start in January and then catch-up to everyone during a summer semester abroad. I'm really excited about all of that, but now that the summer is almost over and most of my friends are gearing up to go away and...

#school #springstart #freshman #springsemesterstart #college

Katelynn E.’s Avatar
Katelynn E. Jul 25, 2018 258 views

Music Education Time Management

Incoming Freshman with a Major in Music Education with concerns about time management. I have heard it is a stressful major and would like any supportive comments and advice to better prepare myself for Fall Semester. #music #time-management #choral #freshman...

#teaching

Lexi L.’s Avatar
Lexi L. Apr 27, 2018 198 views

Do you have any advice pertaining to how to make the most of a freshman summer program?

I'm doing a summer program that allows me to get 13 credit hours before the rest of the freshman. I think it will be a fantastic way for me to get to know campus before 'real' school begins. This means a smaller, more individualized class size, but it also means a shorter term. Should I take...

#summer-programs #freshman

Cody C.’s Avatar
Cody C. Apr 03, 2018 179 views

Is it harder to earn scholarships once you're in college?

Many of the scholarships I've applied to recently I've noticed are only provided for High School seniors. This makes me wonder... are most scholarships specifically for high school seniors or is there also a good range of scholarships for college students. #scholarships #college #freshman...

#financial-aid

Nicole A.’s Avatar
Nicole A. Mar 25, 2018 219 views

How can I prepare for college and living away from my parents?

I am one of the only people in my family, the first child, to go to college. We do not know what to expect. How can I start preparing for this change that is about to occur? This will also be the first time I am going to be away from my parents; I will be living in a dorm. How can I get...

#freshman #emotional

Zach R.’s Avatar
Zach R. Mar 15, 2018 219 views

Aboout how many classes should one expect to take in a semester in college?

Taking 6-7 classes in a row in one day for high school can be a grueling task, but I have heard that most people take far fewer in college with breaks in between. What should I expect going into freshman year? #class...

#freshman

Lauren C.’s Avatar
Lauren C. Jan 24, 2018 243 views

What are some secret tips for an inbound college student?

I need some advice on this from real college students, past or present ! Any advice would be great! #college...

#freshman

Diana G.’s Avatar
Diana G. Jan 16, 2018 223 views

What are some good study habits to adopt?

As a freshman in college I feel like my study habits are lacking. I feel as if I could be doing more or doing it better. What techniques can I use to better educate myself? #studying #college...

#freshman

Salote H.’s Avatar
Salote H. May 24, 2016 496 views

What are the best tips for freshman college students that plan on attending medical school in the future?

I want to become a doctor one day and do not want to cheat myself out of any opportunities. #college #medicine #freshman #college-major...

#higher-education

Abraham R.’s Avatar
Abraham R. Aug 31, 2017 368 views

Should I join a fraternity ?

I'm not sure what it's about or even what frats do #freshman #lost #college #fraternity...

#greek-life

Zhiana M.’s Avatar
Zhiana M. Sep 01, 2017 316 views

What are some tips to stay organized during freshman year of college?

I will be a freshman in college next year, and I don't want to become overwhelmed and begin to be unorganized. #ncat #biology...

#freshman

Nitya J.’s Avatar
Nitya J. May 30, 2017 882 views

How to get a job in writing online?

I'm a freshman (9th grade) in high school, and since summer is coming, I wanted to get a job. I'm having a bit of trouble trying to find jobs that don't require a degree and such. Update: With your guys' advice, I've decided to enter some writing contests and hope for exposure and maybe some...

#american #job-application #freshman #high-school #summer-job #english #writing #career-details #journalism

Trish R.’s Avatar
Trish R. Oct 17, 2016 530 views

Should freshmen look into internships?

I am only a first year in college and am deciding whether to continue with my well paying nannying job or boost my resume with an internship. #jobs #internships...

#freshman

Myan N.’s Avatar
Myan N. May 28, 2016 505 views

Any tips for an incoming college freshman student whose majoring in biology?

I'm currently stressing at the moment because I'm weak at chemistry so it worries me for it could be an obstacle for me to get my biology degree. #college #biology #school #chemistry...

#freshman

jasmyn B.’s Avatar
jasmyn B. May 23, 2016 1016 views

What's the biggest difference and hardest adjustment transitioning from high school to college?

I'm and upcoming senior and I wanted to be prepared for the transition #college #student #college-bound...

#freshman

Aye Marie C.’s Avatar
Aye Marie C. May 22, 2016 598 views

Am I better off declaring a major as soon as I enter college or waiting until the end of sophomore year?

I am an international student starting an US college in Fall this year and I want to know if there are better advantages for one option or the other! #college #major #freshman...

#sophomore

Karlie S.’s Avatar
Karlie S. May 18, 2016 567 views

What are college parties like?

I might go to them #college #freshman...

#party

Kelly  B.’s Avatar
Kelly B. May 17, 2016 511 views

What is the most important thing about your freshman year of college?

Next year I will start my freshman year of college. #college...

#freshman

Cara-Ann S.’s Avatar
Cara-Ann S. May 16, 2016 545 views

What are the best ways to prepare for college, and the #1 tip for a Freshman?

I start college in the Fall! My emotions consist of excitement, nervousness, a bit anxious, but mostly extremely enthusiastic! What would be the #1 tip for a freshman who wants to succeed throughout college, and feel prepared when launching off to leave? #college #studying-tips #freshman...

#new

Zoe J.’s Avatar
Zoe J. Apr 09, 2016 837 views

If I pursue a business degree, but also want a communications degree to immerse me into a desired career environment, which communications degree should I pursue?

I am a college freshman. I don't have a definitive answer for what I want to do for the rest of my life. A business degree has a lot of versatility and flexibility. I also want to major (or minor) in communications to compliment my business degree. By obtaining both degrees, I hope to be more...

#college-major #degree #freshman #college #tourism #business #communications #university #entertainment

Zoe J.’s Avatar
Zoe J. Apr 09, 2016 729 views

I want to be in a certain career environment (entertainment/tourism), but also want to have the option of working with businesses. What type of communications degree should I choose?

#major #transfer #freshman #career #college #undecided #communications #business

Tyra J.’s Avatar
Tyra J. Mar 01, 2016 10343 views

Should I get my bachelor degree for business before getting my license for hair after college?

I´m a senior in high school.My future career goal is to become a cosmetologist who owns her own hair salon.Since I have a passion for doing hair. I know when I go to college I have to major in business.However there is something I´m stuck on whether I should get my license for doing hair after...

#business #college-major #freshman #college #cosmetologist