Career Questions tagged Chemical Engineering

Gabriel P.’s Avatar
Gabriel P. Dec 03, 2021 261 views

How can I further improve myself?

I am a Chemical Engineering student interested in renewable energy, biotechnology, and process engineering. I am pursuing minors in Energy Studies and Engineering Corporate Practice to further expand my skillset to include an understanding of economics and policy, project management, and...

Keara C.’s Avatar
Keara C. Nov 03, 2021 153 views
Demetrius P.’s Avatar
Demetrius P. Nov 02, 2021 257 views

what are the worst and best parts of being a biochemical engineer

I'm looking to start a career in biochemical engineering and I'd like to be mentally prepared for any unexpected hardships.

#biology #biomedical-engineering #biochemical #chemical #engineering #engineer #chemical-engineering #chemical-engineer #civil-engineering

Joyce R.’s Avatar
Joyce R. Oct 02, 2021 259 views

How can I become a Cosmetic Chemist with a BS in Chemical Engineering?

Hello, my planned approach to this is to take a masters degree after my bachelor's and I'm thinking of either doing a MS in Cosmetic Science or a MS in Pharmaceutics with a specialization in Cosmetic Science. Any other recommended master degrees or methods in achieving this role in the cosmetic...

Areum K.’s Avatar
Areum K. Sep 17, 2021 150 views

Is it possible to start a business/company as a chemical engineer?

Hi there, I want to be a chemical engineer when I grow up, but I also want to start a business/company. Is that possible, and if so, how does it work? #chemical-engineering

Violeta E.’s Avatar
Violeta E. Jul 03, 2021 480 views

What type of work do chemical engineers do at different companies?

After identifying my goals and narrowing down some choices chemical engineering seems like a career of a great fit. I will be attending Georgia Tech this fall and am now thinking of creating career goals. This made me think about what is the day like for chemical engineers that work at...

Declan E.’s Avatar
Declan E. Mar 11, 2021 168 views

How much paperwork is involved with being a chemist?

I don't know what I want to be when I grow up, or rather I don't know what I don't want to be. I'm interested in science, so my top careers are physicist, chemist, astronomer, and engineer. I've found chemistry really interesting lately but it seems like there would be a bit too much paperwork...

Jane S.’s Avatar
Jane S. Sep 09, 2020 792 views

What is it like to be a woman in engineering?

#engineers #biomedical-engineering #mechanical-engineering #career-counseling #women #stem #technology #college #engineering #chemical-engineering #women-in-stem #stemcareers #women-in-tech

Kyrstin D.’s Avatar
Kyrstin D. May 05, 2020 443 views

What types of programs should I learn if I want to be a chemical engineer?

Aloha, My name is Kyrstin D. , I'm a college student working on a Chemistry BS major, and I want to be a chemical engineer. I'm currently working as an administrative assistant at an electrical engineering company, and I was wondering if any of the programs used at my company would be good...

Trinity M.’s Avatar
Trinity M. Jan 30, 2020 354 views

Biomedical engineering or chemical engineering

I am a junior and im not sure if I want to do biomedical engineering or chemical engineering. What different jobs can I get straight go of college with each of these degrees? My goal is to work out of college then pursue my law degree and become a patent lawyer in the field I was previously an...

ilya S.’s Avatar
ilya S. Nov 20, 2019 215 views

what is done in the botany labs

I like handling plants and experimenting with chemicals
#college #chemical-engineering

ethan L.’s Avatar
ethan L. Sep 06, 2019 232 views

what do you do on a day to day basis at work

I’m a senior at brennan high I want to be a chemical engineer and be young and successful and working by 25 in the field. #chemical #engineer #chemical-engineering

ethan L.’s Avatar
ethan L. Sep 06, 2019 283 views

Tazmyn G.’s Avatar
Tazmyn G. Jun 02, 2019 808 views

I recently graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering and I'm trying to figure out what my options are and where I would fit in well.

Hi all. I recently graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering and I'm trying to figure out what my options are and where I would fit in well. My main reason for completing a chem eng degree was its versatility. At 18 I didn't know what I wanted to do but I knew this degree would give me...

Shaheer M.’s Avatar
Shaheer M. Sep 27, 2018 604 views

Is taking a communications class necessary to excelling as an engineer in the work force?

I have to choose between taking or testing out of an oral communications class. Should I do it?
#engineering #engineer #mechanical-engineering #robotics #chemical-engineering

Tim L.’s Avatar
Tim L. Aug 27, 2018 435 views

How much calculus is needed for chemical engineering?

I am thinking about going into chemical engineering and was wondering how much calculus is needed because I loved doing it in high school and did very well and I want to know if it is heavy in the field.
#chemical-engineering

Anna C.’s Avatar
Anna C. Jul 10, 2018 577 views

What courses do you have to take/recommend taking in high school and college to become a successful chemical engineer?

As a rising junior I’m already taking 4 AP classes, including AP Chemistry, but I’m not sure if I should be taking AP Physics and AP Biology senior year to set up my path for becoming a chemical engineer. #chemicalengineer #highschoolcourses #AP #engineer #chemical-engineering #course-selection...

Anna C.’s Avatar
Anna C. Jul 10, 2018 472 views

What is a typical day like for chemical engineers and how would it be different based on your graduates degree?

I want a general job description from a chemical engineer firsthand. #chemicalengineer #dailyroutine #jobdescription #engineer #chemical-engineering #engineering

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 462 views

Is chemical engineering a good major?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

Katherine H.’s Avatar
Katherine H. Apr 03, 2018 568 views

What are the top colleges for a chemical engineering degree?

I've always wanted to go to Western, but they don't have my major. I've looked into other schools, and I was wondering if it was common knowledge what schools have the best chem. eng. degrees? #chemical-engineering #engineering #chemistry #science #college-major #college-advice

Leo M.’s Avatar
Leo M. Mar 20, 2018 630 views

What would be recommended if I was considering between majoring in biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, or mechanical engineering?

I have been struggling over my years of high school in determining which type of engineering I should pursue in college. #engineering #biomedical-engineering #chemical-engineering #mechanical-engineering

Sage A.’s Avatar
Sage A. Mar 17, 2018 487 views

Would an engineering career allow me to travel?

I am planning to major in chemical and biomedical engineering. Do these fields allow for a lot of remote work, which would let me travel frequently while on the job? Otherwise, do careers in those fields ever require much on-site work in other countries? #engineering #biomedical-engineering...

Sage A.’s Avatar
Sage A. Mar 17, 2018 510 views

How versatile is a double-major in biomedical and chemical engineering?

I know I enjoy chemistry and have a general affinity for math and science. However, I have a lot of broad interests, including possibly working in medicine or computers, and want to avoid closing doors (or needing to change majors). My school has a specific program that makes this dual degree a...

Ellie B.’s Avatar
Ellie B. Mar 15, 2018 440 views

What is the best major to go for stem cell/tissue engineering?

My end goal is stem cell and tissue engineering, but I don't know which major is best for me to take and learn the most for it. I've researched for a while now and have gathered that I can choose from ChemE with Bio electives, Materials Science, or Bioengineering. I just want to work in...

Lisette L.’s Avatar
Lisette L. Mar 13, 2018 470 views

What classes should I try and attend to in high school if I am intrested in Chemical Engineering?

I'm about to be a freshman in high school, and I have been thinking about what classes and electives I should take if I eventually want to be a Chemical Engineer or Environmental Engineer. Or what colleges I should eventually try and apply to if I want too pursue that career. Do you have and...