Career Questions tagged Chemical Engineering

ethan L.’s Avatar
ethan L. Sep 06 17 views

what do you do on a day to day basis at work

I’m a senior at brennan high I want to be a chemical engineer and be young and successful and working by 25 in the field. #chemical #engineer...

#chemical-engineering

ethan L.’s Avatar
ethan L. Sep 06 39 views

#chemical-engineering

T G.’s Avatar
T G. Jun 02 77 views

I recently graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering and I'm trying to figure out what my options are and where I would fit in well.

Hi all. I recently graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering and I'm trying to figure out what my options are and where I would fit in well. My main reason for completing a chem eng degree was its versatility. At 18 I didn't know what I wanted to do but I knew this degree would give me...

#engineering #college #career-advice #sheq #sustainability #chemicaleng #chemical-engineering #career

Shaheer M.’s Avatar
Shaheer M. Sep 27, 2018 241 views

Is taking a communications class necessary to excelling as an engineer in the work force?

I have to choose between taking or testing out of an oral communications class. Should I do it? #engineering #engineer #mechanical-engineering #robotics...

#chemical-engineering

Tim L.’s Avatar
Tim L. Aug 27, 2018 175 views

How much calculus is needed for chemical engineering?

I am thinking about going into chemical engineering and was wondering how much calculus is needed because I loved doing it in high school and did very well and I want to know if it is heavy in the field....

#chemical-engineering

Anna C.’s Avatar
Anna C. Jul 10, 2018 194 views
Anna C.’s Avatar
Anna C. Jul 10, 2018 227 views

What courses do you have to take/recommend taking in high school and college to become a successful chemical engineer?

As a rising junior I’m already taking 4 AP classes, including AP Chemistry, but I’m not sure if I should be taking AP Physics and AP Biology senior year to set up my path for becoming a chemical engineer. #chemicalengineer #highschoolcourses #ap #engineer #chemical-engineering #course-selection...

#high-school #engineering #classes

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 234 views

Is chemical engineering a good major?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#chemical-engineering #engineering #college-major #chemistry

Daniel O.’s Avatar
Daniel O. Jan 16, 2018 217 views

What types of jobs are available for someone with a degree in chemical engineering?

I am currently studying toward the goal of an engineering degree and I want to pick the right career path for me. #engineering...

#chemical-engineering

Ari A.’s Avatar
Ari A. Jan 16, 2018 243 views

How an engineering graduate is different from other graduates in terms of job oppurtrnities?

I got this question from one of my peers, and got interested about finding its answer. #chemical-engineering #engineering...

#job-outlook

K N.’s Avatar
K N. Jan 05, 2017 1767 views

I'm a chemical engineering graduate and I hate this degree. I've always wanted to be a doctor and even after doing well at school, i was unable to get a place to study medicine. Now I'm stuck with this degree and I dont know what to do. Please help.

I initially chose chemical engineering as I thought that I could get into the pharmaceutical engineering side of the industry and I knew that they were sought after in the finance sector. Unfortunately my applications haven't worked out and there's no scope for chem eng in pharmaceuticals in...

#engineering #college #medicine #chemical-engineering #hospital-and-health-care #healthcare

Katherine H.’s Avatar
Katherine H. Apr 03, 2018 281 views

What are the top colleges for a chemical engineering degree?

I've always wanted to go to Western, but they don't have my major. I've looked into other schools, and I was wondering if it was common knowledge what schools have the best chem. eng. degrees? #chemical-engineering #engineering #chemistry #science #college-major...

#college-advice

Leo M.’s Avatar
Leo M. Mar 20, 2018 313 views

What would be recommended if I was considering between majoring in biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, or mechanical engineering?

I have been struggling over my years of high school in determining which type of engineering I should pursue in college. #engineering #biomedical-engineering #chemical-engineering...

#mechanical-engineering

Sage A.’s Avatar
Sage A. Mar 17, 2018 228 views

Would an engineering career allow me to travel?

I am planning to major in chemical and biomedical engineering. Do these fields allow for a lot of remote work, which would let me travel frequently while on the job? Otherwise, do careers in those fields ever require much on-site work in other countries? #engineering #biomedical-engineering...

#chemical-engineering #leisure-and-travel

Sage A.’s Avatar
Sage A. Mar 17, 2018 221 views

How versatile is a double-major in biomedical and chemical engineering?

I know I enjoy chemistry and have a general affinity for math and science. However, I have a lot of broad interests, including possibly working in medicine or computers, and want to avoid closing doors (or needing to change majors). My school has a specific program that makes this dual degree a...

#chemical-engineering #biomedical-engineering #engineering #indecisive

Ellie B.’s Avatar
Ellie B. Mar 15, 2018 205 views

What is the best major to go for stem cell/tissue engineering?

My end goal is stem cell and tissue engineering, but I don't know which major is best for me to take and learn the most for it. I've researched for a while now and have gathered that I can choose from ChemE with Bio electives, Materials Science, or Bioengineering. I just want to work in...

#stem #materials-science #college-major #stem-cells #bioengineering #biology #tissue-engineering #chemical-engineering

Antonio R.’s Avatar
Antonio R. Jan 16, 2018 273 views

How difficult would it be for someone like me to get into a really competitive school?

I have recently been looking into Stanford and it literally looks like the college of my dreams. Great looking campus, low student to faculty, small student body, etc etc. But my question applies because at my high school, I am class rank #1/530ish with a 4.0 unweighted GPA along with a decent...

#admissions #engineering #transformation #weightloss #food #competitive #college-admissions #stanford #chemical-engineering

Lisette L.’s Avatar
Lisette L. Mar 13, 2018 259 views

What classes should I try and attend to in high school if I am intrested in Chemical Engineering?

I'm about to be a freshman in high school, and I have been thinking about what classes and electives I should take if I eventually want to be a Chemical Engineer or Environmental Engineer. Or what colleges I should eventually try and apply to if I want too pursue that career. Do you have and...

#chemical-engineering #environmental-engineering

Amanda N.’s Avatar
Amanda N. Mar 10, 2018 230 views

What's the most difficult or unexpected aspect of a career as a chemical engineer or materials scientist?

I'm incredibly fond of the idea of melding my interests in both chemistry and engineering/experimental work, and I'm interested in what the challenges of these fields might be, or how they might differ. #engineering #chemical-engineering...

#materials-science

Emilee F.’s Avatar
Emilee F. Jan 23, 2018 932 views

Beyond maintaining good grades and high work quality, how can I stand out to future employers while in college?

I’m a senior going into either chemical engineering or materials science and a hope to work my way up to a degree in nanotechnology. My ideal career field is going to de extremely competitive, and I want to do everything I can to secure a career that I’ll enjoy. #stem #material-science...

#chemical-engineering

Sebastian W.’s Avatar
Sebastian W. Jan 23, 2018 713 views
Braeden C.’s Avatar
Braeden C. Jan 22, 2018 225 views

How important is a minor or double major when applying for a job?

Looking ahead at different classes offered it'd be relatively easy to major in ChemE and minor in mathematics or biochemistry. I'm wondering if this would look better than being more involved in school clubs or the like. #engineering #chemical-engineering...

#career-paths

Braeden C.’s Avatar
Braeden C. Jan 22, 2018 206 views

How do you find the right internship at a career fair?

Trying to plan ahead to finding an engineering internship in college and wondering how you sort through all the options. All tips appreciated. #engineering #chemical-engineering...

#career-planning

s W.’s Avatar
s W. Jan 16, 2018 200 views

What kind of experience is the best to seek out in college?

Many colleges brag about their co-op, research, and internship opportunities for students. Are any of these better than the others? I am interested in chemical engineering, and would like to know what I should seek out during my time in college. #chemical-engineering #engineering #internships...

#research

Antonio R.’s Avatar
Antonio R. Jan 16, 2018 256 views

Is chemical engineering a career for me?

I love problem solving, and as an individual being challenged is simply a great thing in my mind. If I ever run into issues, I will try and reach out to both my individual mind and my peers in order to be able to further advance with a concept. As a high school student, I loved my chemistry...

#engineering #rightjob #business #weight-loss #chemistry #chemical-engineering #right-career

Sam P.’s Avatar
Sam P. Dec 27, 2017 347 views

Which major should I study in a university if I want to work in cosmetics engineering company?

I’m not sure which one should I choose between chemical engineering and biomedical engineering. I have the ambition to make my own cosmetic engineering company. Which engineering major is the best to take for the one who wants to work in a cosmetics engineering company?#chemical-engineering...

#biomedical-engineering #college-major #cosmetics

willie L.’s Avatar
willie L. Sep 01, 2017 326 views

How to manage your time in school?

How to plan out activities and keep up with the school work?...

#chemical-engineering

Wrayzene W.’s Avatar
Wrayzene W. Aug 16, 2017 397 views

Chemistry vs Chemical Engineering

What are the pros and cons for majoring in each? How to choose one over the other? What jobs can I pursue with each? Can I switch from each? How? Graduate options? Any other advice on choosing one as a major. #chemical-engineering #chemistry #choosing-a-major #chemicals...

shamel H.’s Avatar
shamel H. May 15, 2016 555 views

Job opportunities in the chemical engineering field?

i am looking into a career in chemical engineering. what are the major cities that have employment opportunity's in this profession? what is the median salary for this profession? #engineering #career-counseling #chemical-engineering #chemical-engineer #financial-planning...

#career-details