Career Questions tagged Chemical Engineering

Joyce R.’s Avatar
Joyce R. Oct 02 82 views

How can I become a Cosmetic Chemist with a BS in Chemical Engineering?

Hello, my planned approach to this is to take a masters degree after my bachelor's and I'm thinking of either doing a MS in Cosmetic Science or a MS in Pharmaceutics with a specialization in Cosmetic Science. Any other recommended master degrees or methods in achieving this role in the cosmetic...

cosmetics engineering chemistry chemical-engineering masters

Areum K.’s Avatar
Areum K. Sep 17 72 views

Is it possible to start a business/company as a chemical engineer?

Hi there, I want to be a chemical engineer when I grow up, but I also want to start a business/company. Is that possible, and if so, how does it work?...

chemical-engineering

Violeta E.’s Avatar
Violeta E. Jul 03 243 views

What type of work do chemical engineers do at different companies?

After identifying my goals and narrowing down some choices chemical engineering seems like a career of a great fit. I will be attending Georgia Tech this fall and am now thinking of creating career goals. This made me think about what is the day like for chemical engineers that work at...

chemical-engineering engineer engineering career

Declan E.’s Avatar
Declan E. Mar 11 103 views

How much paperwork is involved with being a chemist?

I don't know what I want to be when I grow up, or rather I don't know what I don't want to be. I'm interested in science, so my top careers are physicist, chemist, astronomer, and engineer. I've found chemistry really interesting lately but it seems like there would be a bit too much paperwork...

chemical-engineering

Kyrstin D.’s Avatar
Kyrstin D. May 05, 2020 320 views

What types of programs should I learn if I want to be a chemical engineer?

Aloha, My name is Kyrstin D. , I'm a college student working on a Chemistry BS major, and I want to be a chemical engineer. I'm currently working as an administrative assistant at an electrical engineering company, and I was wondering if any of the programs used at my company would be good...

chemical-engineer engineering chemistry engineer chemical-engineering

Trinity M.’s Avatar
Trinity M. Jan 30, 2020 266 views

Biomedical engineering or chemical engineering

I am a junior and im not sure if I want to do biomedical engineering or chemical engineering. What different jobs can I get straight go of college with each of these degrees? My goal is to work out of college then pursue my law degree and become a patent lawyer in the field I was previously an...

chemical-engineering engineer engineering

ilya S.’s Avatar
ilya S. Nov 20, 2019 161 views

what is done in the botany labs

I like handling plants and experimenting with chemicals college...

chemical-engineering

ethan L.’s Avatar
ethan L. Sep 06, 2019 164 views

what do you do on a day to day basis at work

I’m a senior at brennan high I want to be a chemical engineer and be young and successful and working by 25 in the field. chemical engineer...

chemical-engineering

ethan L.’s Avatar
ethan L. Sep 06, 2019 225 views

chemical-engineering

Tazmyn G.’s Avatar
Tazmyn G. Jun 02, 2019 594 views

I recently graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering and I'm trying to figure out what my options are and where I would fit in well.

Hi all. I recently graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering and I'm trying to figure out what my options are and where I would fit in well. My main reason for completing a chem eng degree was its versatility. At 18 I didn't know what I wanted to do but I knew this degree would give me...

engineering career-advice sheq chemicaleng college chemical-engineering sustainability career

Shaheer M.’s Avatar
Shaheer M. Sep 27, 2018 524 views

Is taking a communications class necessary to excelling as an engineer in the work force?

I have to choose between taking or testing out of an oral communications class. Should I do it? engineering engineer mechanical-engineering robotics...

chemical-engineering

Tim L.’s Avatar
Tim L. Aug 27, 2018 371 views

How much calculus is needed for chemical engineering?

I am thinking about going into chemical engineering and was wondering how much calculus is needed because I loved doing it in high school and did very well and I want to know if it is heavy in the field....

chemical-engineering

Anna C.’s Avatar
Anna C. Jul 10, 2018 506 views

What courses do you have to take/recommend taking in high school and college to become a successful chemical engineer?

As a rising junior I’m already taking 4 AP classes, including AP Chemistry, but I’m not sure if I should be taking AP Physics and AP Biology senior year to set up my path for becoming a chemical engineer. chemicalengineer highschoolcourses ap engineer chemical-engineering course-selection...

high-school classes engineering

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 403 views

Is chemical engineering a good major?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! college...

chemistry engineering college-major chemical-engineering

Daniel O.’s Avatar
Daniel O. Jan 16, 2018 372 views

What types of jobs are available for someone with a degree in chemical engineering?

I am currently studying toward the goal of an engineering degree and I want to pick the right career path for me. engineering...

chemical-engineering

Ari A.’s Avatar
Ari A. Jan 16, 2018 478 views

How an engineering graduate is different from other graduates in terms of job oppurtrnities?

I got this question from one of my peers, and got interested about finding its answer. chemical-engineering engineering...

job-outlook

Kerisha N.’s Avatar
Kerisha N. Jan 05, 2017 3560 views

I'm a chemical engineering graduate and I hate this degree. I've always wanted to be a doctor and even after doing well at school, i was unable to get a place to study medicine. Now I'm stuck with this degree and I dont know what to do. Please help.

I initially chose chemical engineering as I thought that I could get into the pharmaceutical engineering side of the industry and I knew that they were sought after in the finance sector. Unfortunately my applications haven't worked out and there's no scope for chem eng in pharmaceuticals in...

hospital-and-health-care college engineering medicine chemical-engineering healthcare

Katherine H.’s Avatar
Katherine H. Apr 03, 2018 497 views

What are the top colleges for a chemical engineering degree?

I've always wanted to go to Western, but they don't have my major. I've looked into other schools, and I was wondering if it was common knowledge what schools have the best chem. eng. degrees? chemical-engineering engineering chemistry science college-major...

college-advice

Leo M.’s Avatar
Leo M. Mar 20, 2018 581 views
Sage A.’s Avatar
Sage A. Mar 17, 2018 409 views

Would an engineering career allow me to travel?

I am planning to major in chemical and biomedical engineering. Do these fields allow for a lot of remote work, which would let me travel frequently while on the job? Otherwise, do careers in those fields ever require much on-site work in other countries? engineering biomedical-engineering...

chemical-engineering leisure-and-travel

Sage A.’s Avatar
Sage A. Mar 17, 2018 452 views

How versatile is a double-major in biomedical and chemical engineering?

I know I enjoy chemistry and have a general affinity for math and science. However, I have a lot of broad interests, including possibly working in medicine or computers, and want to avoid closing doors (or needing to change majors). My school has a specific program that makes this dual degree a...

chemical-engineering biomedical-engineering indecisive engineering

Ellie B.’s Avatar
Ellie B. Mar 15, 2018 379 views

What is the best major to go for stem cell/tissue engineering?

My end goal is stem cell and tissue engineering, but I don't know which major is best for me to take and learn the most for it. I've researched for a while now and have gathered that I can choose from ChemE with Bio electives, Materials Science, or Bioengineering. I just want to work in...

bioengineering stem-cells stem biology tissue-engineering materials-science college-major chemical-engineering

Antonio R.’s Avatar
Antonio R. Jan 16, 2018 435 views

How difficult would it be for someone like me to get into a really competitive school?

I have recently been looking into Stanford and it literally looks like the college of my dreams. Great looking campus, low student to faculty, small student body, etc etc. But my question applies because at my high school, I am class rank #1/530ish with a 4.0 unweighted GPA along with a decent...

weightloss engineering transformation food stanford chemical-engineering competitive admissions college-admissions