Career Questions tagged Microbiology

Ellie’s Avatar
Ellie Oct 13, 2020 459 views

What are some career options in Public Health and what does it involve?

I am soon to be graduating with a Biology degree, but am really unsure about what I want to do with it. I do not particularly want to go into lab science, and definitely want to go to grad school after college. Entering a master’s program for public health is definitely something that I am...

Monica’s Avatar
Monica Sep 27, 2018 638 views

What degree is more helpful between biochemistry, molecular biology, or microbiology?

I am a currently biochemistry student and I am very indecisive in my career path. I want to ultimately research and help in the process of creating medicines and treatments to disorders, but I also want to study genetics and cancer stem research. So, I have decided to either undertake a minor...

Nicole’s Avatar
Nicole Apr 17, 2018 441 views

Where can I obtain Microbiology Internships?

Looking to work hard during college and get as much experience as possible before I graduate. Where should I start looking in Arizona?
#microbiology #biology #internships

Marc Angelo’s Avatar
Marc Angelo Apr 09, 2018 516 views

Do I need to attend a top college and have a high GPA in order to be successful in the medical field?

I am currently in high school and pursuing microbiology and medicine. I am unsure as to whether or not it is worth it to stress over grades. #medicine #microbiology #biology #science #microscopy #college #college-admissions

Marc Angelo’s Avatar
Marc Angelo Mar 27, 2018 461 views

What is "A Day in the Life" like for a microbiologist?

So far I have done a project on antibiotic resistance and won a prize for doing so. I would like to know what daily life is like and what qualifications I have to have?
I am planning on going into this is into the future. #biology #microbiology #science #bacteria-culture #medicine

Olivia’s Avatar
Olivia Jan 10, 2018 542 views

How can I get an internship for being a clinical microbiologist?

I'm a 9th grader in the Bay Area and very interested in being a clinical microbiologist. I would like to gain experience and knowledge with this field, and I think that an internship would really help. But I don't know how to find one ! #internship #clinical-microbiologist #microbiology

Olivia’s Avatar
Olivia Jan 09, 2018 456 views

What does a work day of being a Clinical Microbiologist look like?

I'm a 9th grader and I have always loved science! I'm very curious in being a clinical microbiologist. I would like to know more about what they do, how to get to that position, and how I can gain more experience. #biology #microbiologist #microbiology #science #clinical-microbiologist

Libbie’s Avatar
Libbie May 16, 2017 1292 views

What is a typical day like as a microbiologist working in health?

After my science fair project this year, relating to household bacteria, I've become drawn to the idea of studying microbiology. I'd like to know what being a microbiologist who tests samples for hospitals is like. Anything else you'd like to tell me about would be greatly appreciated as well!...

Thomas’s Avatar
Thomas Oct 29, 2016 558 views

What is the best course(s) to take for a degree in environmental sciences specifically in wastewater?

I need a degree to further my career in wastewater treatment. I have 14 years on the job at a treatment plant and I have a Class IV Wastewater Operator license and an Advanced Industrial license. #biology #biochemistry #microbiology

Maria’s Avatar
Maria Oct 22, 2016 849 views

How does a clinical microbiologist move on a daily basis? Is there daily research to be done?

I have always been interested in being a clinical microbiologist because biology is my strongest point. #biology #research #microbiology

Sharlene’s Avatar
Sharlene Jul 08, 2016 735 views

If I decide to go into a biology major or other related fields (i.e. biochemistry, microbiology) is it relatively easy to find jobs or should I look into going to grad school soon after I graduate from college? What kinds of jobs would be available to me?

I'm a rising sophomore in college who is interested in paring her environmental science minor with a biology major or a major from a related field. Before I declare my major I'm curious about the availability and type of jobs that I can consider after I graduate from college. #biochemistry...

charles’s Avatar
charles May 19, 2016 994 views

What does an Epidemiologist actually do?

I am a college student looking for guidance, I wish to see if this field is worth pursuing. #professor #health #masters #phd #environmental-science #microbiology

Cristian’s Avatar
Cristian May 15, 2016 1037 views

What are the steps that a virologist under goes to investigate an unknown virus?

My interest career wise is investigation. I'm less than 3 months away to start my bachelors degree in Biology and I have been thinking into what branch I'll be delving in to once I finish it. One of them is virology. I understand that this studies the deseases that viruses cause in an organism....