Career Questions tagged Microbiology

Monica G.’s Avatar
Monica G. Sep 27, 2018

What degree is more helpful between biochemistry, molecular biology, or microbiology?

I am a currently biochemistry student and I am very indecisive in my career path. I want to ultimately research and help in the process of creating medicines and treatments to disorders, but I also want to study genetics and cancer stem research. So, I have decided to either undertake a minor...

#biochemistry #microbiology #molecular-biology #genetics #biology #medical #science #diseases

Nicole M.’s Avatar
Nicole M. Apr 17, 2018

Where can I obtain Microbiology Internships?

Looking to work hard during college and get as much experience as possible before I graduate. Where should I start looking in Arizona? #microbiology #biology...

#internships

Marc Angelo G.’s Avatar
Marc Angelo G. Apr 09, 2018

Do I need to attend a top college and have a high GPA in order to be successful in the medical field?

I am currently in high school and pursuing microbiology and medicine. I am unsure as to whether or not it is worth it to stress over grades. #medicine #microbiology #biology #science #microscopy #college...

#college-admissions

Marc Angelo G.’s Avatar
Marc Angelo G. Mar 27, 2018

What is "A Day in the Life" like for a microbiologist?

So far I have done a project on antibiotic resistance and won a prize for doing so. I would like to know what daily life is like and what qualifications I have to have? I am planning on going into this is into the future. #biology #microbiology #science #bacteria-culture...

#medical

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Jan 09, 2018

What does a work day of being a Clinical Microbiologist look like?

I'm a 9th grader and I have always loved science! I'm very curious in being a clinical microbiologist. I would like to know more about what they do, how to get to that position, and how I can gain more experience. #biology #microbiologist #microbiology #science...

#clinical-microbiologist

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Jan 10, 2018

How can I get an internship for being a clinical microbiologist?

I'm a 9th grader in the Bay Area and very interested in being a clinical microbiologist. I would like to gain experience and knowledge with this field, and I think that an internship would really help. But I don't know how to find one ! #internship #clinical-microbiologist...

#microbiology

Libbie M.’s Avatar
Libbie M. May 16, 2017

What is a typical day like as a microbiologist working in health?

After my science fair project this year, relating to household bacteria, I've become drawn to the idea of studying microbiology. I'd like to know what being a microbiologist who tests samples for hospitals is like. Anything else you'd like to tell me about would be greatly appreciated as well!...

#cell-culture #microbiology #career-details #healthcare #biology #hospital-and-health-care

Thomas W.’s Avatar
Thomas W. Oct 29, 2016

What is the best course(s) to take for a degree in environmental sciences specifically in wastewater?

I need a degree to further my career in wastewater treatment. I have 14 years on the job at a treatment plant and I have a Class IV Wastewater Operator license and an Advanced Industrial license. #biology #biochemistry...

#microbiology

Maria A.’s Avatar
Maria A. Oct 22, 2016

How does a clinical microbiologist move on a daily basis? Is there daily research to be done?

I have always been interested in being a clinical microbiologist because biology is my strongest point. #biology #research...

#microbiology

Sharlene M.’s Avatar
Sharlene M. Jul 08, 2016

If I decide to go into a biology major or other related fields (i.e. biochemistry, microbiology) is it relatively easy to find jobs or should I look into going to grad school soon after I graduate from college? What kinds of jobs would be available to me?

I'm a rising sophomore in college who is interested in paring her environmental science minor with a biology major or a major from a related field. Before I declare my major I'm curious about the availability and type of jobs that I can consider after I graduate from college. #biochemistry...

#microbiology #environmental

charles F.’s Avatar
charles F. May 19, 2016

What does an Epidemiologist actually do?

I am a college student looking for guidance, I wish to see if this field is worth pursuing. #professor #health #masters #phd #environmental-science...

#microbiology

Cristian S.’s Avatar
Cristian S. May 15, 2016

What are the steps that a virologist under goes to investigate an unknown virus?

My interest career wise is investigation. I'm less than 3 months away to start my bachelors degree in Biology and I have been thinking into what branch I'll be delving in to once I finish it. One of them is virology. I understand that this studies the deseases that viruses cause in an organism....

#life-sciences #microbiology #environmental-science #environment #laboratory #biology #virology #chemistry