Career Questions tagged Environmental Science

Pamela P.’s Avatar
Pamela P. Oct 04, 2020 101 views

Is environmental science a good course?

I'm a 16 year-old girl doing grade 11 ,and I'm kinda confused on wat to study. I love math!it's my favourite subject. #environmental-science...

#environment

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Jul 31, 2020 137 views

What kind of work do environmental lawyers do?

I'm thinking about going into environmental law because I love English and I'm passionate about sustainability and the environment, but I don't know a lot about what kind of work it involves. Are there different types of environmental lawyers? Does it involve a lot of writing and editing? Are...

#environmental-law #english #law #writing #science #lawyers #environment #july20 #environmental-science #sustainability

Margot F.’s Avatar
Margot F. Jul 13, 2020 223 views

How do I narrow down focus on a career if I want to work in environmental science but also study how to mitigate its effects on society (environmental justice)?

I am a rising senior in high school and I am trying to figure out where I should apply to college and what career path I should pursue. I know I have time to decide what major, but I feel the need to focus my activities and classes on a more specific topic so my effort can go further in helping...

#climatechange #policy #environmentalengineer #environmentaljustice #activism #datascience #socialjustice #environmental-science

Ze Y.’s Avatar
Ze Y. Mar 04, 2020 226 views
Julia R.’s Avatar
Julia R. Dec 04, 2019 245 views

What are some realistic Jobs in wildlife and marine Biology?

I'm looking into getting my masters/doctorate in marine and/or wildlife biology. I'm interested in environmental science as well. I'm feeling a bit lost! #biology #marine-biology #environmental-science...

#zoology

Elizabeth M.’s Avatar
Elizabeth M. Nov 14, 2019 159 views

What do marine biologist specifically do?

I want to be in the water and interact with sea animals. I love learning and studying aquatic animals and want to persue a career in the field of marine biology. #marine-biology #animals #biology...

#environmental-science

Shola O.’s Avatar
Shola O. Oct 11, 2019 155 views

I want to write personal purpose statements in Environmental science and policy

I am a Veterinarian by profession, I live in Nigeria, and am work as a poultry General Manager. #environmental-science...

#veterinarian

Sophia L.’s Avatar
Sophia L. Mar 08, 2019 254 views

What is your description of a marine biologist?

I would like to know your description of marine biologists. Put your opinions AND facts <3 #marine-biology #biology #biologist #environmental-science...

#marine

Jordan P.’s Avatar
Jordan P. Feb 13, 2019 231 views

whats is urban forestry like?

What do they do? How do they do it? Why do they do it? when do they do it? Is it fun? #career #forestry #day-in-the-life #professional #environment #nature...

#environmental-science

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24, 2019 259 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, will I be accepted for a MS in Ecology ?

I am a US citizen living in Australia, I have been out of school for 2 1/2 years, and I would like to go back to school to earn a masters in Ecology or a related field. I would like to know if this is possible in the USA, but I want to go to school in Central Europe. Would a foreign school in...

#science #austria #ecology #graduate-school #study-abroad #germany #europe #masters #environmental-science

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24, 2019 238 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, will I be accepted for a Master's in Ecology ?

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24, 2019 247 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, can I apply for a Master's in Ecology abroad?

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24, 2019 280 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, can I apply for a Master's in Ecology?

Ileana P.’s Avatar
Ileana P. Sep 20, 2018 288 views
Megan W.’s Avatar
Megan W. May 22, 2018 415 views

All my life I have longed to protect nature, but what careers would allow me to do this?

I have never been a confident speaker, nor have I ever desired learning about laws or policies, but I love to be outside working with my hands. Whatever career I choose, I would love to know I am making a direct, positive impact on the natural world. #environmentalist #high-school-student...

#nature #career-path #college #high-school #green-jobs #environmental-science #careers

Jennifer N.’s Avatar
Jennifer N. May 10, 2018 382 views

What are the rewards of pursuing a double major?

I am passionate about environmental issues, and would like to use business to become a part in solving that problem. My university does not have a "green" business degree as some schools do. At this point I am intending to pursue a business major with an environmental science minor. I am...

#environment #double-major #business #environmental-science

Shea M.’s Avatar
Shea M. Apr 27, 2018 396 views

Is my major too specific to get a good job in the future?

I am going into wildlife and conservation biology at URI and I am worried that there wont be that many jobs available to me once I get my degree. I know that there are always jobs for environmentalist majors in general - but maybe my major just isnt practical. #struggle...

#environmental-science

celeste L.’s Avatar
celeste L. Jan 16, 2018 420 views

What does an enviormentalist exactly do? is it a wide range or a specific job?

Because I want to major in being an environmentalist and a lot of people ask me exactly what I will be doing and I really do not know how to answer that. I just want to major in helping the environment. #environmental-services #college #environmental-science #ecology #biology #environmentalism...

#conservation

Bridget W.’s Avatar
Bridget W. Apr 12, 2018 504 views

How Did You Figure Out What Your Dream Job Was?

I'm a high school senior who has wanted to be a veterinarian ever since middle school, but after shadowing every veterinarian in my area, I realized that I did not want to be a veterinarian anymore. Since then, I have changed my "career path" numerous times. I thought I wanted to be a wildlife...

#teacher #lawyer #help #wildlife-biology #pseo #stressed #choreography #systemsarchitect #dance #surgeon #photography #veterinarian #environmental-science

Lauren J.’s Avatar
Lauren J. Jan 13, 2018 559 views

Best colleges for environmental science?

I'd love to go to #college for #environmental-science but wonder which colleges/universities here in the U.S. I should prioritize applying to. What would you say are the best colleges for environmental science? #science...

#college-selection