Career Questions tagged Environmental Science

Elizabeth M.’s Avatar
Elizabeth M. 4 hours ago 1 views

What do marine biologist specifically do?

I want to be in the water and interact with sea animals. I love learning and studying aquatic animals and want to persue a career in the field of marine biology. #marine-biology #animals #biology...

#environmental-science

Shola O.’s Avatar
Shola O. Oct 11 27 views

I want to write personal purpose statements in Environmental science and policy

I am a Veterinarian by profession, I live in Nigeria, and am work as a poultry General Manager. #environmental-science...

#veterinarian

Sophia L.’s Avatar
Sophia L. Mar 08 73 views

What is your description of a marine biologist?

I would like to know your description of marine biologists. Put your opinions AND facts <3 #marine-biology #biology #biologist #environmental-science...

#marine

Jordan P.’s Avatar
Jordan P. Feb 13 96 views

whats is urban forestry like?

What do they do? How do they do it? Why do they do it? when do they do it? Is it fun? #career #forestry #day-in-the-life #professional #environment #nature...

#environmental-science

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24 88 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, will I be accepted for a MS in Ecology ?

I am a US citizen living in Australia, I have been out of school for 2 1/2 years, and I would like to go back to school to earn a masters in Ecology or a related field. I would like to know if this is possible in the USA, but I want to go to school in Central Europe. Would a foreign school in...

#europe #masters #graduate-school #study-abroad #environmental-science #ecology #austria #science #germany

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24 98 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, will I be accepted for a Master's in Ecology ?

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24 115 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, can I apply for a Master's in Ecology abroad?

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24 88 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, can I apply for a Master's in Ecology?

Ileana P.’s Avatar
Ileana P. Sep 20, 2018 180 views
Megan W.’s Avatar
Megan W. May 22, 2018 236 views

All my life I have longed to protect nature, but what careers would allow me to do this?

I have never been a confident speaker, nor have I ever desired learning about laws or policies, but I love to be outside working with my hands. Whatever career I choose, I would love to know I am making a direct, positive impact on the natural world. #environmentalist #high-school-student...

#environmental-science #careers #high-school #career-path #college #green-jobs #nature

Jennifer N.’s Avatar
Jennifer N. May 10, 2018 231 views

What are the rewards of pursuing a double major?

I am passionate about environmental issues, and would like to use business to become a part in solving that problem. My university does not have a "green" business degree as some schools do. At this point I am intending to pursue a business major with an environmental science minor. I am...

#double-major #environmental-science #business #environment

Shea M.’s Avatar
Shea M. Apr 27, 2018 243 views

Is my major too specific to get a good job in the future?

I am going into wildlife and conservation biology at URI and I am worried that there wont be that many jobs available to me once I get my degree. I know that there are always jobs for environmentalist majors in general - but maybe my major just isnt practical. #struggle...

#environmental-science

celeste L.’s Avatar
celeste L. Jan 16, 2018 260 views

What does an enviormentalist exactly do? is it a wide range or a specific job?

Because I want to major in being an environmentalist and a lot of people ask me exactly what I will be doing and I really do not know how to answer that. I just want to major in helping the environment. #environmental-services #college #environmental-science #ecology #biology #environmentalism...

#conservation

Sean G.’s Avatar
Sean G. Jan 16, 2018 181 views
Bridget W.’s Avatar
Bridget W. Apr 12, 2018 326 views

How Did You Figure Out What Your Dream Job Was?

I'm a high school senior who has wanted to be a veterinarian ever since middle school, but after shadowing every veterinarian in my area, I realized that I did not want to be a veterinarian anymore. Since then, I have changed my "career path" numerous times. I thought I wanted to be a wildlife...

#help #photography #environmental-science #wildlife-biology #veterinarian #stressed #systemsarchitect #surgeon #dance #choreography #lawyer #pseo #teacher

Lauren J.’s Avatar
Lauren J. Jan 13, 2018 448 views

Best colleges for environmental science?

I'd love to go to #college for #environmental-science but wonder which colleges/universities here in the U.S. I should prioritize applying to. What would you say are the best colleges for environmental science? #science...

#college-selection

Abigail C.’s Avatar
Abigail C. Apr 08, 2018 277 views

Is it worth earning higher than a bachelor's when pursuing a career in environmental engineering?

I plan to get a bachelor's degree in environmental engineering for sure, but would it be worth the time, money($40K/yr at the school I am looking at), and effort to work towards a master's or PhD? #engineering #environmental-engineering #money #debt #degrees #bachelors-degree #bachelorsdegree...

#environment #career-paths #environmental-science #career-planning #career-path #career-plan #masters-degree #environmental #mastersdegree #phd

Dianne M.’s Avatar
Dianne M. May 12, 2016 1882 views

What careers in STEM will allow me to travel?

I'm an incoming college freshman pursuing a bachelor's in biotechnology and planning to enter the field of sustainable energy. While I am very comfortable with this plan, I would also like to travel the world, and travel often. Are there any careers in the STEM field that can open opportunities...

#sustainability #energy #environmental-services #oil-and-energy #stem #environmental-science

Halli R.’s Avatar
Halli R. Mar 20, 2018 193 views

Would a degree in Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering provide more job prospects out of college?

I am currently interested in studying Environmental Engineering.. I want to focus on Soil and want to make sure that I will have job prospects coming out of college. #environmental-engineering...

#environmental-science

Abbey A.’s Avatar
Abbey A. Mar 18, 2018 165 views

How many jobs are there for people who want to work in the environmental field?

I'm wanting to become someone that helps the environment when I grow up. It's my preferred field of study and I'm currently taking AP Environmental Science at school and I really want to get involved in it when I go to college....

#environmental-science

pedro H.’s Avatar
pedro H. Jan 22, 2018 169 views

What are good careers surrounding the geology field

Geology has always caught my interest because rocks and the earth have fascinated me. Just all the different sizes and colors they give and the sound you can hear from them, the ways they resonate with different materials when they come in contact or tap each other. #geology...

#landscaping #environmental-science #rocks

Ella W.’s Avatar
Ella W. Jan 22, 2018 284 views

How do you choose between a career path that you love, and a career path that you feel is important.

I am a junior in high school, and I'm not sure if i want to pursue a career in art, or in environmental conservation. Art is something I've always been good at and enjoy, but I'm also interested in nature and love the outdoors. Environmental careers seem like they're more important to me, but...

#art #environmental-science #career #career-path