Career Questions tagged Environmental Science

Sophia L.’s Avatar
Sophia L. Mar 08

What is your description of a marine biologist?

I would like to know your description of marine biologists. Put your opinions AND facts <3 #marine-biology #biology #biologist #environmental-science...

#marine

Jordan P.’s Avatar
Jordan P. Feb 13

whats is urban forestry like?

What do they do? How do they do it? Why do they do it? when do they do it? Is it fun? #career #forestry #day-in-the-life #professional #environment #nature...

#environmental-science

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24

If I have a BS in Psychology, will I be accepted for a MS in Ecology ?

I am a US citizen living in Australia, I have been out of school for 2 1/2 years, and I would like to go back to school to earn a masters in Ecology or a related field. I would like to know if this is possible in the USA, but I want to go to school in Central Europe. Would a foreign school in...

#graduate-school #europe #masters #environmental-science #science #study-abroad #ecology #austria #germany

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24

If I have a BS in Psychology, will I be accepted for a Master's in Ecology ?

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24

If I have a BS in Psychology, can I apply for a Master's in Ecology abroad?

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24

If I have a BS in Psychology, can I apply for a Master's in Ecology?

Ileana P.’s Avatar
Ileana P. Sep 20, 2018
Megan W.’s Avatar
Megan W. May 22, 2018

All my life I have longed to protect nature, but what careers would allow me to do this?

I have never been a confident speaker, nor have I ever desired learning about laws or policies, but I love to be outside working with my hands. Whatever career I choose, I would love to know I am making a direct, positive impact on the natural world. #environmentalist #high-school-student...

#career-path #college #careers #high-school #environmental-science #green-jobs #nature

Jennifer N.’s Avatar
Jennifer N. May 10, 2018

What are the rewards of pursuing a double major?

I am passionate about environmental issues, and would like to use business to become a part in solving that problem. My university does not have a "green" business degree as some schools do. At this point I am intending to pursue a business major with an environmental science minor. I am...

#environment #business #environmental-science #double-major

Shea M.’s Avatar
Shea M. Apr 27, 2018

Is my major too specific to get a good job in the future?

I am going into wildlife and conservation biology at URI and I am worried that there wont be that many jobs available to me once I get my degree. I know that there are always jobs for environmentalist majors in general - but maybe my major just isnt practical. #struggle...

#environmental-science

celeste L.’s Avatar
celeste L. Jan 16, 2018

What does an enviormentalist exactly do? is it a wide range or a specific job?

Because I want to major in being an environmentalist and a lot of people ask me exactly what I will be doing and I really do not know how to answer that. I just want to major in helping the environment. #environmental-services #college #environmental-science #ecology #biology #environmentalism...

#conservation

Bridget W.’s Avatar
Bridget W. Apr 12, 2018

How Did You Figure Out What Your Dream Job Was?

I'm a high school senior who has wanted to be a veterinarian ever since middle school, but after shadowing every veterinarian in my area, I realized that I did not want to be a veterinarian anymore. Since then, I have changed my "career path" numerous times. I thought I wanted to be a wildlife...

#surgeon #veterinarian #wildlife-biology #lawyer #help #teacher #environmental-science #choreography #pseo #dance #systemsarchitect #stressed #photography

Lauren J.’s Avatar
Lauren J. Jan 13, 2018

Best colleges for environmental science?

I'd love to go to #college for #environmental-science but wonder which colleges/universities here in the U.S. I should prioritize applying to. What would you say are the best colleges for environmental science? #science...

#college-selection

Abigail C.’s Avatar
Abigail C. Apr 08, 2018

Is it worth earning higher than a bachelor's when pursuing a career in environmental engineering?

I plan to get a bachelor's degree in environmental engineering for sure, but would it be worth the time, money($40K/yr at the school I am looking at), and effort to work towards a master's or PhD? #engineering #environmental-engineering #money #debt #degrees #bachelors-degree #bachelorsdegree...

#career-path #career-planning #career-paths #environmental #masters-degree #environmental-science #mastersdegree #phd #environment #career-plan

Dianne M.’s Avatar
Dianne M. May 12, 2016

What careers in STEM will allow me to travel?

I'm an incoming college freshman pursuing a bachelor's in biotechnology and planning to enter the field of sustainable energy. While I am very comfortable with this plan, I would also like to travel the world, and travel often. Are there any careers in the STEM field that can open opportunities...

#oil-and-energy #stem #energy #sustainability #environmental-services #environmental-science

Halli R.’s Avatar
Halli R. Mar 20, 2018

Would a degree in Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering provide more job prospects out of college?

I am currently interested in studying Environmental Engineering.. I want to focus on Soil and want to make sure that I will have job prospects coming out of college. #environmental-engineering...

#environmental-science

Abbey A.’s Avatar
Abbey A. Mar 18, 2018

How many jobs are there for people who want to work in the environmental field?

I'm wanting to become someone that helps the environment when I grow up. It's my preferred field of study and I'm currently taking AP Environmental Science at school and I really want to get involved in it when I go to college....

#environmental-science

pedro H.’s Avatar
pedro H. Jan 22, 2018

What are good careers surrounding the geology field

Geology has always caught my interest because rocks and the earth have fascinated me. Just all the different sizes and colors they give and the sound you can hear from them, the ways they resonate with different materials when they come in contact or tap each other. #geology...

#landscaping #environmental-science #rocks

Ella W.’s Avatar
Ella W. Jan 22, 2018

How do you choose between a career path that you love, and a career path that you feel is important.

I am a junior in high school, and I'm not sure if i want to pursue a career in art, or in environmental conservation. Art is something I've always been good at and enjoy, but I'm also interested in nature and love the outdoors. Environmental careers seem like they're more important to me, but...

#art #career-path #career #environmental-science

Kathryn A.’s Avatar
Kathryn A. Jan 19, 2018

Is there a way I can combine both my interests of environmental science and business?

Recently, I've developed an interest in environmental science and bettering the environment. However, finance and economics also really fascinates me and I don't really know if it's possible to do both. Could I double major and hope for the best? #environmental-science #business #finance...

#savetheenvironment

Marie R.’s Avatar
Marie R. Jan 17, 2018

What can I do to help me decide whether I should apply to medical school after college?

I'm conflicted on whether I want to pursue a medical career. I am very interested in neuroscience, but I also love environmental science. Is there anything I can do to make decision-making easier? #medschool #doctor #neurocience...

#environmental-science