Career Questions tagged Zoology

Megan E.’s Avatar
Megan E. Oct 27, 2016 327 views

I am majoring in Zoology. What specific area in Zoology have you made your career with?

I have a passion for animals and would love one day to have my own rescue center. I know there are several different things you can do with a Zoology degree. Just looking for options on what to focus on. #career #zoologist...

#zoology

Madison O.’s Avatar
Madison O. May 09, 2016 433 views

What sort of opportunities are out there after graduating college with a bachelor's degree in zoology?

What types of occupations are out there for a recent college graduate in this field of study? What would the average student coming out of this area of study expect? #career #career-counseling #graduate #zoology #job-opportunities #animal...

Mariel O.’s Avatar
Mariel O. May 05, 2016 415 views

Do I have to major in biology to be an ornithologist/zoologist?

I want to be a zoologist, specifically an ornithologist focused on research and conservation. However, I'm not particularly interested in what is going on inside the bird. I understand how that would be important to know, but I don't want my major (i.e. biology) to simply be focused on this....

#science #career #ecology #biology #environmental-services #zoology #career-counseling

Madelyn A.’s Avatar
Madelyn A. May 25, 2016 312 views

How does majoring in zoology help me find a job where I can work with animals?

I want to find a job where I can work with animals but I have no idea what jobs are out there. #career #veterinarian #animals #zoology...

#zookeeper

Jaydah L.’s Avatar
Jaydah L. May 14, 2016 689 views

In the exotic veterinarian feild, what would be the biggest advantages and disadvantages?

I am looking to pursue a carreer in zoology and working with exotic vets. And i just want to know the benefits and the challenges. #chemistry #veterinarian #zoology #wildlife-biology #life-sciences #zookeeper #animal...

#pets

Theresa H.’s Avatar
Theresa H. Oct 31, 2016 342 views

Why should I consider going into a specific field of study instead of a general one, or vise-versa?

I have been considering majoring in biology for a while but also the idea or marine biology or zoology intrigues me. Are you more likely to get IP"stuck" in a career in a specific field or to not have the specific experience required for interesting jobs if you go for a more general degree?...

#general #zoology #marine-biology #biology

Kaitlyn C.’s Avatar
Kaitlyn C. Oct 29, 2016 440 views

What careers can you get with a zoology major?

I am currently working towards a zoology degree and plan on working with a breed and release program with endangered animals. If this falls through (or at least if I'm not able to get a job in that kind of program right away), what are some other options? Obviously zookeeping and zoo work (or a...

#zoology #zookeeper

Alexandra L.’s Avatar
Alexandra L. Oct 28, 2016 456 views

Would you recommend pursuing grad school for someone who wants to work with animals in the wild or in conservatories?

I want to either research animals in the wild, or work with injured or endangered animals in a conservatory. Do you think I could pursue this with an undergrad degree in biology or zoology, or would I need to continue on to grad school? #science #biology #research #animals...

#environmental-science #animal-science #animal-conservation #zoology

Madelyn K.’s Avatar
Madelyn K. Oct 26, 2016 616 views

What research do zoologists conduct?

I'm interested in this field of study #science #biology...

#zoology

Autumn C.’s Avatar
Autumn C. Oct 19, 2016 504 views

What type of jobs are available with an Animal Science degree?

I want to major in Animal Science, minor in Zoology and I just want to know about what careers are out there for people who major/minor in those fields of study. #science #animals #zoology #zoologist #animalscience...

#vets

Maegyn G.’s Avatar
Maegyn G. Oct 19, 2016 427 views

Is it better to have a degree in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology or Pre-vet. if a studetn is interested in Animal Science/Zoology/Vet. medicine?

I am extremely interested in Animal Science/Zoology/Vet. medicine but I don't know exactly what field to chose so I don't know what to major in. Any help is appreciated! #veterinary #biochemistry #zoology...

#zookeeper

Rachel B.’s Avatar
Rachel B. Sep 20, 2016 498 views

Which is better to take, zoology or wildlife biology?

Which one, when taken at college, looks better to employers? #college-major #zoology...

#wildlife-biology

Priyanka  S.’s Avatar
Priyanka S. Jun 22, 2016 376 views

I want become a Zoologist ? which subject i need study in the college ? guide me

m studying in the 10th class high school, guide me #professional #educator...

#zoology

Miranda P.’s Avatar
Miranda P. May 17, 2016 359 views

What is it like for Zoologists

I wanted to know what it is like to become and be a zoologist and to know all of the rough spots I shouls be aware of. #biology #zoology...

#animal

Trena N.’s Avatar
Trena N. May 16, 2016 861 views

What can you do with a Zoology Degree

I am asking to figure out what to do before studying the topic for the next four years. #zoology...

#wildlife-biology

Angelica T.’s Avatar
Angelica T. May 14, 2016 392 views

What sorts of opportunities are out there for a wildlife veterinarian, or what kinds of similar careers can one find win a bachelors in zoology?

I am going to college and majoring in zoology, but find it a major with low access to specialized scholarships and less recognized than biology. However I know it's probably better for becoming a wildlife veterinarian, as I am planning on. I have thought about the possibility for working with...

#wildlife-conservation #veterinarian #zoology #wildlife

Luke S.’s Avatar
Luke S. Oct 23, 2015 1263 views

What does a game warden do on a daily basis?

I am in sixth grade an I would like to be a game warden when I grow up, any help would be appreciated. Thank you! #biology #marine-biology #zoology #wildlife-biology #wildlife...

#game-warden

Luke S.’s Avatar
Luke S. Oct 22, 2015 861 views

What education is required to become a game warden?

I am in sixth grade and I would like to become a game warden when I grow up. I like wildlife and would appreciate your help! Thank You! #biology #police #marine-biology #zoology #wildlife-biology...

#game-warden

Lucas G.’s Avatar
Lucas G. Dec 17, 2014 1508 views
Dylan D.’s Avatar
Dylan D. Dec 11, 2014 1249 views

What college classes are tailored to/recommended for a career in zoology or wildlife biology

Throughout my academic life I have always taken an interest in the sciences and the study of the natural world. For my junior year in high school I have enrolled in advanced placement environmental science, but the animal world has always captured my attention and I am curious what curriculum I...

#earth-science #animal-work #zoology #biology

Dhakiya H.’s Avatar
Dhakiya H. Dec 01, 2014 910 views

What majors would I need to study in college in order to become a zoologist?

I'm a Junior in Boston Collegiate Charter School and I am wondering what majors would I specifically have to study in college in order to be best prepared for the career in which I am striving for which so happens to be zoology. #college...

#zoology