Career Questions tagged Criminal Justice

Criminal justice is a four-year degree earned in college. Popular careers include law enforcement, lawyers, forensic nurse. Please read below for more information.

Eva T.’s Avatar
Eva T. yesterday 42 views

Professional jobs that don't involve spending all day on the computer

I'm a political science college grad with experience working in the courts system, legal support, and criminal justice policy. I've realized that I don't like spending all day on the computer, and most of the professional jobs that I've had involve a lot of solo computer work. This last...

#investigations #law #teaching #criminology #criminal-justice #higher-education

Lanesa C.’s Avatar
Lanesa C. Jul 06 35 views

Currently pursuing a master’s degree in criminal justice, looking for a forensic psychology internship

So I am in my master’s degree program however, my undergraduate degree is in psychology. Psychology is the field where most of my experience is in. I wanted to know 1: will I be able to get a forensic psychology job even though my master’s degree is CJ? 2: Can anyone connect me with a...

#criminal-justice #psychology #degree #forensic

Jenny L.’s Avatar
Jenny L. Jul 02 38 views

What steps do I need to take to join the Behavioral Analysis Unit of the FBI?

I am currently a psychological science and criminology major at the University of California, Irvine. My dream career is a Special Agent who "profiles" a criminal and their behavior in order to understand the criminals. I am aware that in order to be considered for this job, one must first...

#law #psychology #fbi #criminal-justice #criminal-profiler #career #forensic-psychology

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Jun 15 131 views

What are some jobs related to social justice?

I've come to realize that my only passion is social justice, especially for lgbtq and poc. I do also have a desire to help people and a knack for writing. However I feel like I would not thrive on one-on-one work like becoming a councelor because it feels too personal and too much pressure,...

#politics #law #psychology #social-justice #criminal-justice #lawyer #political-science

Steven T.’s Avatar
Steven T. Jun 15 65 views

Best entry level position for a career in forensic biology?

Currently a junior working on a bachelors in forensic biology at CSU Sacramento. I am a veteran that is trying to get a career in forensics. #forensic #forensics #biology #criminal-justice...

#science

Rochele W.’s Avatar
Rochele W. Jun 09 98 views

Is law enforcement the best fit for me?

Since I was young I have always enjoyed learning about the judicial system, criminals, and the fields of law enforcement etc. But do I have what it takes? I mean I don’t necessarily want to become a police officer. However, criminal psychology, csi, and the K-9 unit all interest me. I’m just...

#criminal-justice #law-enforcement

Madalyn L.’s Avatar
Madalyn L. May 24 115 views

Where is the best place to study to be a lawyer?

One of the careers I'm considering is being a lawyer or attorney. #college-major #laywer #criminal-justice #attorney...

#law

Danielle S.’s Avatar
Danielle S. May 19 86 views

How do I get my foot in the door to become a crime scene investigator, or a forensic evidence technician?

36 year old female going back to school so I can be a crime scene investigators, or anything dealing with forensics. #forensics #law-enforcement #forensic #criminal-justice #investigator #crime...

Jorden C.’s Avatar
Jorden C. May 18 95 views
Nhyira B.’s Avatar
Nhyira B. May 12 53 views
Shira S.’s Avatar
Shira S. May 11 112 views

Do I need to major in Criminal-justice to become an FBI agent?

Do I HAVE to? or is it just extremely helpful and highly recommended? #criminal-justice #college-major...

#fbi

Shira S.’s Avatar
Shira S. May 11 70 views
Imane H.’s Avatar
Imane H. Apr 27 79 views

How can a college student interested in creative writing/ social justice get some internships/ what are potential internship possibilities?

Hello, I’m a rising sophomore at Lafayette College in Easton Pennsylvania. My majors include Sociology & Women and Gender Sexuality Studies. I am interested in creative writing specifically poetry and social justice. Although I’m not sure how to combine the two or to build my resume in...

#criminal-justice #college #sociology

Emma S.’s Avatar
Emma S. Apr 23 93 views

What's it like being a lawyer?

I'm really trying to discern whether this is something I actually would like to do. I'd like to know more about what the job actually entails (any type of lawyer), if the payoff is worth all the schooling (and debt), and if there are good job opportunities out there. #lawyer #criminal-justice...

Carly D.’s Avatar
Carly D. Apr 15 118 views

What are good general classes I can take in college?

What are good classes that will allow me to learn about #education #criminal-justice #parks-and-recreation and #enviormenal-studies that will help me decide if I could do this career for the rest of my...

Carly D.’s Avatar
Carly D. Apr 15 165 views

How do I decide on what I want to do for the rest of my life?

I have a wide variety of careers which I am thinking about including #criminal-justice #environmental #parks-and-recreation and #education but I am unsure about what the pros and cons are for each career. I am entering #college as an #undecided major and hope to discover new careers and narrow...

#career-choice

Mia B.’s Avatar
Mia B. Apr 14 85 views

I am extremely interested in Criminal Justice and Sociology, but I don't know if I should double major, or if I should get a master's in one area. What's the most logical and cost effective thing to do?

I have a real passion for sociology and criminal justice. I'm not too sure what I want to do career-wise , but I do know that I want to be involved in helping people (especially children) of racial minorities break free from systemic racism. I am extremely passionate about social change and...

#criminal-justice #college #sociology #college-major

Anisa D.’s Avatar
Anisa D. Apr 07 122 views

I want to work in the BAU but I need some guidance

So, I've tried to look up tons of stuff about the different unit, descriptions of stuff they do, etc. I can't seem to find the answers to a lot of my questions though. Fair warning, there are a lot. So to start, which unit deals with the most cases? Which unit deals with the serial killers,...

#law #psychology #fbi #bau #criminal-justice #law-enforcement

Miguel S.’s Avatar
Miguel S. Apr 07 106 views

I don’t know what I want to work as after college what are good careers for students with a criminal justice degree.

I like reading, writing, and solving puzzles. I like law related topics such as court cases. I enjoy helping people....

#criminal-justice

Franklin N.’s Avatar
Franklin N. Apr 01 87 views
Kimberly S.’s Avatar
Kimberly S. Apr 01 71 views

What jobs are available within a prison/jail with a Bachelors in Criminal Justice.

I’m currently working towards getting my Bachelors in Criminal Justice. I would like to work in a prison as a correctional case manager. I’m not going to lie, I’m not really sure how much a correctional case manager gets paid. I’ve seen anywhere from 30k-60k here in LA, California. I’m...

#criminology #criminal-justice #correctional