Career Questions tagged Criminal Justice

Criminal justice is a four-year degree earned in college. Popular careers include law enforcement, lawyers, forensic nurse. Please read below for more information.

Beau A.’s Avatar
Beau A. Sep 16 55 views

How far can i get in a career?

#criminal-justice #acting #career #career-choice I want to be an actor or police officer but i don't know the...

Gabby H.’s Avatar
Gabby H. Sep 11 28 views

What is it like working as a Corrections Treatment Specialist?

Additional Questions: -what is the difference in Corrections Treatment Specialist and Corrections Counselor? -How was getting your masters in CJ ? Workload, social life(did you have one) can you work during it? exams, papers, etc. #corrections #corrections-treatment #counseling...

#criminal-justice

John D.’s Avatar
John D. Sep 04 48 views

Are there post graduate internships?

I am a recent graduate and I was looking into law enforcement. Due to these circumstances, most exams are cancelled till who know how long. This would be the time to start looking into other criminal justice careers. #internship...

#criminal-justice

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Aug 01 121 views

How close is Brooklyn-99 to the real NYPD?

Ok, dumb question, but is Brooklyn-99 anything similar to actually being on the NYPD? I love the show and it's made me consider joining the NYPD but I know it's fiction and probably unrealistic. One of the best parts about the show is its representation and diversity, but is the NYPD force...

#nypd #criminal-justice #cop #police #cops #july20 #nyc #new-york

oriana O.’s Avatar
oriana O. Aug 02 85 views

What job in the FBI would have the least amount of trauma?

I would like to know because I like the FBI, but I just want to know the options of not being in high risk situations. #criminal-justice...

#fbi

oriana O.’s Avatar
oriana O. Aug 02 91 views

What does the BAU actually do?

Okay- I admit I've been watching a little too much criminal Minds- but I was wondering what they actually do. I find interesting- "profiles." I think that it's a great tool to really get into a criminal's minds- no pun intended. I've watched my fair share of law enforcement tv shows- and they...

#lawyers #law-enforcement #criminal-justice #law #corporate-law #criminalminds #fbi #bau #newyork #enforcement #business

Nakaia M.’s Avatar
Nakaia M. Jul 10 65 views

What are the biggest challenges of being a lawyer?

I want to pursue law to become a defense attorney so getting insight of how it really is from someone who practices it would be amazing! #law #criminal-justice...

#attorney

Eva T.’s Avatar
Eva T. Jul 08 116 views

Professional jobs that don't involve spending all day on the computer

I'm a political science college grad with experience working in the courts system, legal support, and criminal justice policy. I've realized that I don't like spending all day on the computer, and most of the professional jobs that I've had involve a lot of solo computer work. This last...

#law #criminology #teaching #criminal-justice #investigations #higher-education

Jenny L.’s Avatar
Jenny L. Jul 02 136 views

What steps do I need to take to join the Behavioral Analysis Unit of the FBI?

I am currently a psychological science and criminology major at the University of California, Irvine. My dream career is a Special Agent who "profiles" a criminal and their behavior in order to understand the criminals. I am aware that in order to be considered for this job, one must first...

#law #psychology #fbi #criminal-justice #forensic-psychology #criminal-profiler #career

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Jun 15 167 views

What are some jobs related to social justice?

I've come to realize that my only passion is social justice, especially for lgbtq and poc. I do also have a desire to help people and a knack for writing. However I feel like I would not thrive on one-on-one work like becoming a councelor because it feels too personal and too much pressure,...

#politics #psychology #lawyer #criminal-justice #law #political-science #social-justice

Steven T.’s Avatar
Steven T. Jun 15 104 views

Best entry level position for a career in forensic biology?

Currently a junior working on a bachelors in forensic biology at CSU Sacramento. I am a veteran that is trying to get a career in forensics. #forensic #forensics #biology #criminal-justice...

#science

Rochele W.’s Avatar
Rochele W. Jun 09 115 views

Is law enforcement the best fit for me?

Since I was young I have always enjoyed learning about the judicial system, criminals, and the fields of law enforcement etc. But do I have what it takes? I mean I don’t necessarily want to become a police officer. However, criminal psychology, csi, and the K-9 unit all interest me. I’m just...

#criminal-justice #law-enforcement

Madalyn L.’s Avatar
Madalyn L. May 24 142 views

Where is the best place to study to be a lawyer?

One of the careers I'm considering is being a lawyer or attorney. #college-major #laywer #criminal-justice #attorney...

#law

Danielle S.’s Avatar
Danielle S. May 19 99 views

How do I get my foot in the door to become a crime scene investigator, or a forensic evidence technician?

36 year old female going back to school so I can be a crime scene investigators, or anything dealing with forensics. #forensics #law-enforcement #forensic #criminal-justice #investigator #crime...

Jorden C.’s Avatar
Jorden C. May 18 119 views
Nhyira B.’s Avatar
Nhyira B. May 12 63 views
Shira S.’s Avatar
Shira S. May 11 148 views

Do I need to major in Criminal-justice to become an FBI agent?

Do I HAVE to? or is it just extremely helpful and highly recommended? #criminal-justice #college-major...

#fbi

Shira S.’s Avatar
Shira S. May 11 115 views
Imane H.’s Avatar
Imane H. Apr 27 95 views

How can a college student interested in creative writing/ social justice get some internships/ what are potential internship possibilities?

Hello, I’m a rising sophomore at Lafayette College in Easton Pennsylvania. My majors include Sociology & Women and Gender Sexuality Studies. I am interested in creative writing specifically poetry and social justice. Although I’m not sure how to combine the two or to build my resume in...

#college #sociology #criminal-justice

Emma S.’s Avatar
Emma S. Apr 23 124 views

What's it like being a lawyer?

I'm really trying to discern whether this is something I actually would like to do. I'd like to know more about what the job actually entails (any type of lawyer), if the payoff is worth all the schooling (and debt), and if there are good job opportunities out there. #lawyer #criminal-justice...