Career Questions tagged Law Practice

feara S.’s Avatar
feara S. Sep 21 96 views

advice for a career in law

what courses should I take in high school to prepare for a career in law? law lawyer law-school...

law-practice

Amanda L.’s Avatar
Amanda L. Aug 22 180 views

Law Internships For High School Students

I'm a high school student interested in going into the law field, and I was wondering about how I could find law internships. I live in New Jersey, and even though I've looked, it's been very hard to find any places near me offering internships for teens/high school students. What places or...

law-practice law internship law-internship lawyer

Erica B.’s Avatar
Erica B. May 20 135 views

I want to be an defense attorney, Do I have to become a prosecutor first?

I have been in the law program since 6th grade I've always known what I wanted to do. I was hoping I didn't have to be a prosecutor first because I want to help innocent people stay out of jail. law-practice law-school enforcement lawyers...

law

Jessica H.’s Avatar
Jessica H. Jul 10, 2020 286 views

How long have you practiced law?

Do you enjoy it? What do you wish you knew when you first started out? law-practice...

lawyer

Michelle A.’s Avatar
Michelle A. Jun 01, 2020 300 views

What should I do during my high school years to help me get into law school?

As soon as I graduate my dream has always been to go into law. More specifically, to become an immigration lawyer. To go more in depth of what I'm asking is what activities or certain things will look in my resume when applying to a university? law lawyer graduate-school law-school...

law-practice

Brenda C.’s Avatar
Brenda C. Mar 18, 2020 261 views

Tips for applying to law school

Undergrad in social work with a minor in political science. The goal is to obtain my msw and attending law school later down the road. lawyer law-school...

law-practice

Galicia G.’s Avatar
Galicia G. Feb 02, 2020 338 views

What should students take away from law school?

Interested in legal affairs, and wanted additional information! law lawyer law-school attorney law-practice...

Katrina P.’s Avatar
Katrina P. Aug 04, 2018 399 views

What are the best tips to know to become an assistant district attorney?

As embarrassing as this is for me to admit, I have no idea what to do past go to a good law school to get a job like this. Is it impossible to become one after graduating from law school recently (like within three years after having graduated from law school)? I assume experience is needed...

law-practice law women-in-law

emma H.’s Avatar
emma H. Jul 13, 2018 424 views

what is law school like an how does it work?

do you go to regular college an then law school or just law school ?...

law-practice

Rebecca A.’s Avatar
Rebecca A. Jun 19, 2018 482 views

Should I go to law school?

I am interested in pursuing a career in public policy. A lot of people are telling me I should go to law school, but I don't really have that much interest in actually practicing law; rather, a lot of jobs I am interested in are dominated by former/current lawyers (ex: state legislator). Would...

law-practice policy law attorney degree lawyer law-school

Alexis C.’s Avatar
Alexis C. May 07, 2018 652 views

What is it like getting out of law school and trying to get a job?

I am interested in becoming a lawyer, and have heard from some that getting a job out of law school is hard. I also am wondering if being a lawyer is actually what I want to do. lawschool lawyer law...

law-practice

Davante S.’s Avatar
Davante S. Apr 19, 2018 410 views

What courses are needed to gain a law degree

I am gain information on the also use information on fields used for law degrees law-practice...

corporate-law

Amanda L.’s Avatar
Amanda L. Mar 20, 2018 533 views

What is the best way to finance a law degree?

if I decide to go to Law School. law law-school...

law-practice

Lilli S.’s Avatar
Lilli S. Apr 06, 2018 375 views

What is the average yearly salary for a district attorney/lawyer?

I have been considering going into the law field for quiet some time now, I was curious how much some makes. Is it enough to financially support a family and also have enough for bills?...

law-practice

Leo A.’s Avatar
Leo A. Apr 03, 2018 419 views

Is it hard for a foreigner that went to American Law School to find work?

I'm an undergraduate at UT Austin currently on a student visa and I think I want to go to Law School but I don't know if it'll be easy to find work since I would need the workplace to sponsor an H1-B visa or a Greencard for me to stay in America. Does anybody relate to this situation or know...

law-practice lawyer employment-law lawschool

Tamera P.’s Avatar
Tamera P. Mar 27, 2018 958 views

Which law schools have notable programs in international human rights law?

I've looked around a little at law schools before, and it seems like most keep their international law and human rights programs separate. I could be wrong in how this works (feel free to correct me!) but are there any reputable or notable programs that actually combine both? How might I...

law-practice law international-humanitarian-law law-school

Nathan E.’s Avatar
Nathan E. Jan 15, 2018 895 views

Is it difficult to keep your personal feelings separate as a defense attorney?

Most people when asked would say that they would have trouble defending a murderer to their best effort. As such, I was hoping to get a bit more insight into how public defenders manage to put their personal feelings aside and focus on their job. criminal-justice career...

law-practice law attorney emotional-intelligence

Nia O.’s Avatar
Nia O. Jan 19, 2018 534 views

What if I spend my life thinking I want this Career, even go to school for this career, then turns out I hate it ?

Iḿ asking this simply because my dream is to become a lawyer, and its been my dream for a long time, but what if as strongly as I feel about this job, I end up hating it once I get it....

law-practice