Career Questions tagged Law Practice

Jessica H.’s Avatar
Jessica H. Jul 10 106 views

How long have you practiced law?

Do you enjoy it? What do you wish you knew when you first started out? #law-practice...

#lawyer

Michelle A.’s Avatar
Michelle A. Jun 01 147 views

What should I do during my high school years to help me get into law school?

As soon as I graduate my dream has always been to go into law. More specifically, to become an immigration lawyer. To go more in depth of what I'm asking is what activities or certain things will look in my resume when applying to a university? #law #lawyer #graduate-school #law-school...

#law-practice

Brenda C.’s Avatar
Brenda C. Mar 18 145 views

Tips for applying to law school

Undergrad in social work with a minor in political science. The goal is to obtain my msw and attending law school later down the road. #lawyer #law-school...

#law-practice

Galicia G.’s Avatar
Galicia G. Feb 02 180 views

What should students take away from law school?

Interested in legal affairs, and wanted additional information! #law #lawyer #law-school #attorney #law-practice...

Joseph H.’s Avatar
Joseph H. Feb 14, 2019 213 views
Katrina P.’s Avatar
Katrina P. Aug 04, 2018 273 views

What are the best tips to know to become an assistant district attorney?

As embarrassing as this is for me to admit, I have no idea what to do past go to a good law school to get a job like this. Is it impossible to become one after graduating from law school recently (like within three years after having graduated from law school)? I assume experience is needed...

#law-practice #women-in-law #law

Abby Lupi’s Avatar
Abby L. Jul 16, 2018 331 views
emma H.’s Avatar
emma H. Jul 13, 2018 301 views

what is law school like an how does it work?

do you go to regular college an then law school or just law school ?...

#law-practice

Rebecca A.’s Avatar
Rebecca A. Jun 19, 2018 291 views

Should I go to law school?

I am interested in pursuing a career in public policy. A lot of people are telling me I should go to law school, but I don't really have that much interest in actually practicing law; rather, a lot of jobs I am interested in are dominated by former/current lawyers (ex: state legislator). Would...

#attorney #policy #law-school #law #degree #lawyer #law-practice

Alexis C.’s Avatar
Alexis C. May 07, 2018 484 views

What is it like getting out of law school and trying to get a job?

I am interested in becoming a lawyer, and have heard from some that getting a job out of law school is hard. I also am wondering if being a lawyer is actually what I want to do. #lawschool #lawyer #law...

#law-practice

Davante S.’s Avatar
Davante S. Apr 19, 2018 330 views

What courses are needed to gain a law degree

I am gain information on the also use information on fields used for law degrees #law-practice...

#corporate-law

Amanda L.’s Avatar
Amanda L. Mar 20, 2018 402 views

What is the best way to finance a law degree?

if I decide to go to Law School. #law #law-school...

#law-practice

Lilli S.’s Avatar
Lilli S. Apr 06, 2018 291 views

What is the average yearly salary for a district attorney/lawyer?

I have been considering going into the law field for quiet some time now, I was curious how much some makes. Is it enough to financially support a family and also have enough for bills?...

#law-practice

Leo A.’s Avatar
Leo A. Apr 03, 2018 317 views

Is it hard for a foreigner that went to American Law School to find work?

I'm an undergraduate at UT Austin currently on a student visa and I think I want to go to Law School but I don't know if it'll be easy to find work since I would need the workplace to sponsor an H1-B visa or a Greencard for me to stay in America. Does anybody relate to this situation or know...

#lawyer #lawschool #law-practice #employment-law

Tamera P.’s Avatar
Tamera P. Mar 27, 2018 674 views

Which law schools have notable programs in international human rights law?

I've looked around a little at law schools before, and it seems like most keep their international law and human rights programs separate. I could be wrong in how this works (feel free to correct me!) but are there any reputable or notable programs that actually combine both? How might I...

#law-practice #law-school #international-humanitarian-law #law

Janai J.’s Avatar
Janai J. Mar 30, 2018 377 views
Nathan E.’s Avatar
Nathan E. Jan 15, 2018 549 views

Is it difficult to keep your personal feelings separate as a defense attorney?

Most people when asked would say that they would have trouble defending a murderer to their best effort. As such, I was hoping to get a bit more insight into how public defenders manage to put their personal feelings aside and focus on their job. #criminal-justice #career...

#attorney #emotional-intelligence #law-practice #law

Nia O.’s Avatar
Nia O. Jan 19, 2018 395 views

What if I spend my life thinking I want this Career, even go to school for this career, then turns out I hate it ?

Iḿ asking this simply because my dream is to become a lawyer, and its been my dream for a long time, but what if as strongly as I feel about this job, I end up hating it once I get it....

#law-practice

Miranda C.’s Avatar
Miranda C. Jan 18, 2018 1529 views

What careers can I expect with a double major in criminal justice and sociology?

Would they help me get a career as a judge or a lawyer? If so, what are the steps to get into those careers? #criminal-justice #law...

#law-practice

Nadia D.’s Avatar
Nadia D. Jan 17, 2018 322 views

Is networking a big part of widening your law career?

Networking as in gaining clients, at galas, conferences, etc #law #law-practice...

#networking

Paul B.’s Avatar
Paul B. Jan 16, 2018 318 views

How does one become an likable attorney?

I am currently doing mock trial at my college and plan to go to law school after I finish (if I can afford it at that point.) I feel that an attorney has to be likable in the minds of the jurors to help his/her side win a case. How would I achieve that vote?...

#law-practice

Mallory T.’s Avatar
Mallory T. Nov 16, 2017 663 views
Isaiah S.’s Avatar
Isaiah S. Nov 16, 2017 486 views

How many years of law school will i need to go to to be a lawyer

Trying to learn more about this carrer #lawyer #law...

#law-practice

caitlyn H.’s Avatar
caitlyn H. May 27, 2016 585 views