Career Questions tagged Corporate Finance

Chase S.’s Avatar
Chase S. Jan 16, 2018 332 views

I am interested in pursuing a career in finance, what kind of jobs would that qualify me for?

I am looking into being an entrepreneur , so would finance be the best major for that?#corporate-finance #finance...

#college-major

Emtiaz H.’s Avatar
Emtiaz H. Feb 28, 2018 267 views
Deema Z.’s Avatar
Deema Z. Oct 25, 2016 699 views

Which field in Business is the highest paying career?

I am still undecided what field in Business i should major in. Business is one of the biggest major or career out there with a bunch of choices. #business #finance #accounting #international-business #corporate-finance #financial-accounting...

#undecided

Ana M.’s Avatar
Ana M. May 31, 2017 651 views

Economic History or Economics for Equity Research

I'm a high school student looking to apply to the University of Edinburgh and Oxford for a degree in either Economics and Management (Oxford)/Economics with Finance (Edinburgh) or Economics and History (Oxford) and Economics and Economic History(Edinburgh). I feel incredibly passionate about...

#economics #finance #investment-banking #corporate-finance #equity-research

Bridget S.’s Avatar
Bridget S. May 30, 2017 522 views

What are some jobs for majoring in Finance?

What are some possible occupations with an undergraduate degree in Finance #college #business #finance #entrepreneurship #hospital-and-health-care...

#corporate-finance

Bridget S.’s Avatar
Bridget S. Apr 11, 2017 864 views

What are some Liberal Arts Colleges that would accept transfer credits/ courses from state school?

Very interest in transferring to a small, liberal arts college for individualized and though probing courses. Currently finishing my 2nd year of college a medium sized public state university. My current major is finance. Please comment if you would like more info the the courses that I have...

#college-transfer #liberal-arts #university-applications #university #finance #corporate-finance #higher-education

Bridget S.’s Avatar
Bridget S. Feb 25, 2017 594 views

What are some grad schools that offer a Master of Finance degree?

Looking into graduate school and starting a list of possible graduate schools that offer a Master of Finance degree. #finance #higher-education #colleges #masters-degree #mba #corporate-finance...

#business-school

Bridget S.’s Avatar
Bridget S. Feb 24, 2017 731 views

What type of things does a CFO do?

What is the CFO in charge of? What are the specific things he/ she would look over? What are some typical requirements? #finance #management #ceo #corporate-finance #cpa #executive-office #cfo...

#financial-reporting

Abdulwahab A.’s Avatar
Abdulwahab A. Jan 14, 2017 615 views

Are there organizations you are expected to join as a Finance student/graduate?

Are there organizations you are expected to join as a Finance student/graduate? #college #business #finance #corporate-finance #financial-analysis...

#college-graduate

Abdulwahab A.’s Avatar
Abdulwahab A. Jan 14, 2017 496 views

What kinds of decisions do you make as a Financial analyst?

What kinds of decisions do you make as a Financial analyst? #business #finance #business-analysis #corporate-finance...

#financial-analysis

Abdulwahab A.’s Avatar
Abdulwahab A. Jan 05, 2017 561 views

How would you describe corporate culture?

How would you describe corporate culture? #business #finance #accounting #entrepreneurship #graduate...

#corporate-finance

D. O.’s Avatar
D. O. Dec 20, 2016 1316 views

How can I get started learning financial modeling?

I'm a sophomore in college, getting ready to apply for internships in corporate finance or banking or investing, and I want to be able to show finance companies/firms that I'm qualified to work for them. I want to teach myself financial modeling in excel. What kind of models should I try to...

#investment-management #finance #investment-banking #corporate-finance #financial-analysis

Josue O.’s Avatar
Josue O. Oct 22, 2016 490 views
David L.’s Avatar
David L. May 23, 2016 539 views

Among the various hard and soft skills, including leadership, what are some other expertise recruiters are looking for, regardless of which industry to work for?

Again, my name is David, a currently rising sophomore in college, who is majoring in Information Technology. Although my primary focus is on web development, I'm also curious to know what it's like to work in an environment other than that of my school, and at home. This is important to me...

#corporate-finance #women-in-finance #career #career-counseling

Michael G.’s Avatar
Michael G. Sep 28, 2016 675 views

How do you build up your credit score?

I want in the future to walk into an establishment, with them knowing that payment is coming.Not only that but, giving me what is consider above average waiting time to make a first payment? #financial-services #japan #public-relations #corporate-finance #coordinator...

#change-agent

Hamid W.’s Avatar
Hamid W. Aug 22, 2016 581 views

What specific fields are there in business and what is the outlook for a business major?

I am very interested in economics and business but am not sure what major I want to specify myself to. I'm a junior in high school. I know still have time to decide but I want to have a general idea of the different majors. #economics #buisness...

#corporate-finance

Courtney M.’s Avatar
Courtney M. Aug 22, 2016 445 views

Could someone describe their personal path to becoming a business broker?

I'm a senior wanting to pursue a career in finance and law and would like some advice on the steps taken to become a business broker, particularly mergers and acquisitions. What college did you attend, if any? What major did you pursue, if any? Do you have a degree? Did you intern for a...

#corporate-finance #business-lawyer #business #finance

Courtney M.’s Avatar
Courtney M. Aug 22, 2016 655 views

What does a typical day of a business broker entail?

I'm a high school senior looking to pursue a career in business and finance, and I eventually want to become independently employed and have heard briefly about becoming a business broker. Now, I do understand that many brokers work under a firm, though some can be "free agents". I enjoy...

#corporate-finance #business

Charlie  T.’s Avatar
Charlie T. Jul 25, 2016 586 views

What is the best major to have if you plan on a career on wall street?

I am asking this question because I am an incoming freshman in college and plan to major in economics. I'm curious to see what other successful college students have studied specifically to help prepare them for their future careers in finance. #college-major #finance #college-bound #first-job...

#corporate-finance

Flora C.’s Avatar
Flora C. Mar 24, 2014 1520 views

What does it take for someone with a Bachelor of Science to get a job in the finance industry?

I know it is not as common for someone with a B. Sc. to work in the finance industry but what are the most important skills I should work on to up my chances of getting a job in the finance industry eg. SAS, programming or financial modelling? #finance #financial-services #banking...

#commercial-banking #corporate-finance #investment-banking #financial-analysis

Flora C.’s Avatar
Flora C. Mar 24, 2014 1379 views

Do employers in the finance industry approve of courses completed on Coursera?

I am about to graduate with a bachelor's degree in Science but I am looking to get a job in the finance industry. I am looking to bridge my knowledge gap by taking courses with verified certificates from top rated business schools such as Wharton from Coursera.org. Do employers take these...

#commercial-banking #corporate-finance #financial-services #financial-markets

Ryan  M.’s Avatar
Ryan M. Dec 03, 2013 1127 views

What are the requirements needed for accounting?

I am asking this question because I am going to be going to college and going to major in accounting. #accounting...

#corporate-finance