Career Questions tagged Investment Management

Cyon W.’s Avatar
Cyon W. Jul 18 120 views

Consulting Case Question - College Junior

Hi there! My names Cyon and I'm a rising college junior at FAMU. I wanted to ask what resources are available for generating case experience for consulting in the finance area as well as Deals and Mergers and Acquisitions?

Kelvin L.’s Avatar
Kelvin L. Oct 05, 2021 306 views

Is a double major in Computer Science and Economics a valuable double major to pursue?

I am a junior in high school. I'm interested to learn more about what you can do with these two majors and how these two majors can benefit off of each other.
#college-major #major #computer-science #investment-management #finance #business #economics #computer-science

Elias B.’s Avatar
Elias B. May 20, 2021 351 views

What is one of the best apps to invest stocks and crypto in order to make a smart investment that can affect you positively?

#investing #investment-management

paul L.’s Avatar
paul L. May 07, 2021 321 views

how to invest in yourself?

#investment #financial-services #investment-management #investing #investment-banking

Michael G.’s Avatar
Michael G. Apr 16, 2021 311 views

what is the hardest part about being in real estate?

#real-estate #investment-management

ernie L.’s Avatar
ernie L. Mar 24, 2021 1095 views

What is the hardest part about investing your money?

I'm a soon-to-be college student and I want to start to plan my financial future. #investment-management #savings #money #investor #money-management

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Apr 29, 2020 2691 views

Where Do I Start Investing For Beginner ?

I keep hearing about investing some money, so I decided to give it a try.
But I need help?
How do I start investing?
What app is good for investing?
WHERE DO I BEGIN?

#finance #accounting #investment-management #money #career #COVID19 #Help #money

Gianna R.’s Avatar
Gianna R. Jul 27, 2019 494 views

What is investment banking like

Hi, I am a Finance major and i am interested in a career in investment banking. I know a lot about the culture, but just don't have a clear understanding of what it is actually like to work for an investment bank. Also, if i don't go to a target school, do I even have a shot? & what is it...

Macie R.’s Avatar
Macie R. Apr 01, 2019 308 views

What does investment look like in your career? (fitness and wellness coordinators)

#business #investment-management

Cristien M.’s Avatar
Cristien M. Mar 13, 2019 424 views

For Becoming A painter What is a good investment that can further your career ?

#financial-planning #investment-management #business

casey P.’s Avatar
casey P. Sep 30, 2017 830 views

How do you invest?

I want to #invest #investment-management #investment #investing #invest #personal-finance

Mary M.’s Avatar
Mary M. Aug 31, 2017 557 views

What are the most helpful and authentic online resources you would recommend a college student to start learning about FOREX trading?

Trading is a very complex network, whether it be stock or FOREX markets. And it takes a person a specific amount of time to become really good at trading. Therefore, I want to start learning and educating myself about investing in FOREX markets. #forex #trade #investment #Learning #economics...

Ena W.’s Avatar
Ena W. May 26, 2017 766 views

Is it good to enter buy-side financial institutions?

Many people think that entering buy-side like private equity should be after 2or3 years sell-side work experience. #investment-management

Jess W.’s Avatar
Jess W. Apr 02, 2017 872 views

Is it wise to study for a Masters when most of the jobs you are looking for requires only a Degree? How much more powerful is a Masters compared to a Degree?

I'm someone who is focused on lifelong learning, and I would prefer to stick to learning more about the world around me, rather than starting work so early and simply watch the money come in. Most adults tell me that once you see those digits in your banks account go up, very few would want to...

Bridget S.’s Avatar
Bridget S. Feb 24, 2017 997 views

What is a Roth IRA?

Please explain what it it, why it is used, and compare it to other similar but different methods #investment-management #investing #saving #taxation #income-tax

Nolan J.’s Avatar
Nolan J. Feb 09, 2017 610 views

How much investment is needed to become started?

To start entrepreneurship what is the ranking of investment you'll have to pay to become started in business? Does it depend on what type of buisness it is? #entrepreneurship #investment-management #buisness

Devetra C.’s Avatar
Devetra C. Jan 27, 2017 778 views

When would be a good to time think about investing?

I'm a sophomore in college and trying to figure out when and how to start investing for my future. #investment-management #investment

D. O.’s Avatar
D. O. Dec 20, 2016 2210 views

How can I get started learning financial modeling?

I'm a sophomore in college, getting ready to apply for internships in corporate finance or banking or investing, and I want to be able to show finance companies/firms that I'm qualified to work for them. I want to teach myself financial modeling in excel. What kind of models should I try to...

Parker W.’s Avatar
Parker W. Dec 02, 2016 1404 views

What is the difference between consulting and investment banking?

How are consulting (increasing efficiency) and investment banking (identifying trends) similar and/or dissimilar? Is there a significant cultural difference between working at an IB as opposed to a consulting firm? #investment-management #project-management #consulting

adanech C.’s Avatar
adanech C. Nov 25, 2016 1729 views

When should I start investing my money or ?bounding??

I have been working a lot recent ally and I know that your supposed to start investing or share holding your money at an early age. When would be a great time? #business #education #money #economics #investment-management #business-analysis #savings #economic-research

Alisha S.’s Avatar
Alisha S. Jul 04, 2016 957 views

Is there any link between Investment Managing and Programming?

Could you use computer programs to create models that enable you to make decisions on what to invest money in ? #technology #programming #investment-management

Lindsay G.’s Avatar
Lindsay G. Mar 17, 2016 1724 views

Are there marketing jobs at investment management companies?

I want to work as a social media marketer, but I don't know what if there are social media marketers at investment companies. I'd imagine everyone needs a social media marketer nowadays? #finance #marketing #financial-services #investment-management #investing #social-media #social-media-marketing

Percy J.’s Avatar
Percy J. Mar 17, 2016 2557 views

Are there any similarities between real estate investing and stock market investing?

I want to learn both, so I was wondering if there are any similarities that overlap so that I don't have to learn two completely different investment types. #finance #financial-services #investment-management #real-estate #real-estate-investing

Geoffrey B.’s Avatar
Geoffrey B. Mar 17, 2016 1262 views

When did you know you wanted to work in the financial services industry, and what was it that helped you make that decision?

I don't know what I want to do for a living, but I like math and I like studying the stock market. How do I know if I'll like working as an investment manager? #finance #financial-services #investment-management #investing #financial-planning

Terri N.’s Avatar
Terri N. Mar 17, 2016 1226 views

Do you need to an MBA to get a job in finance?

I want to work in the finanical services industry when I graduate from college, but I'm still not sure whether or not I should go on to get my MBA. Is it necessary? Will it award me more opportunities? #finance #financial-services #investment-management #investing #mba

Tessa C.’s Avatar
Tessa C. Mar 17, 2016 1061 views

Are there any other degrees besides accounting that will allow me to still work as an investment manager?

I know working in the financial services industry requires a lot of math and accounting skills, but I would like to study something other than accounting. Would it be wise for me to study something other than accounting? #college #finance #accounting #financial-services #investment-management...

Steven N.’s Avatar
Steven N. Mar 16, 2016 2497 views

Do you travel a lot working in investment management? For what, exactly?

I love to travel so I'm hoping this career path would allow me to do that often. #finance #financial-services #investment-management #travel #investing

Marcus R.’s Avatar
Marcus R. Mar 15, 2016 1412 views

What skillsets should someone inerested in a career in finance have?

I'm thinking about a career in finance because i'm really good at math, but i'm wondering what additional skills I should have to really be successful in that industry? #finance #financial-services #investment-management #investing

Derrin K.’s Avatar
Derrin K. Mar 15, 2016 4318 views

Is working in finance stressful?

There are a lot of movies out there about finance and almost always they show a really intense and stressful work environment. That is exciting but it is also really intimidating. How much of that portrayal is just Hollywood vs. really a reflection of real life in the finance industry? #finance...

Thu D.’s Avatar
Thu D. Mar 15, 2016 1757 views

How do you recommend I overcome my fear of pubilc speaking?

I'm hoping that others who have also had a fear of public speaking were able to overcome it and be successful business people. I get extremely anxious when I ahve to speak at all in class, but feel very confident when working alone or communicating digitally. I'm worried this will interfer with...