Career Questions tagged Investment Management

Raymundo P.’s Avatar
Raymundo P. Nov 08, 2021 92 views

What are good mentors, youtubers, or podcasts to obtain more knowledge of the stock market?

I know a few about the stock market but I want to be able to have the required amount of knowledge of the stock market to be confident in the investments I will be putting in. business career finance...

investment-management

Kelvin L.’s Avatar
Kelvin L. Oct 05, 2021 146 views

Is a double major in Computer Science and Economics a valuable double major to pursue?

I am a junior in high school. I'm interested to learn more about what you can do with these two majors and how these two majors can benefit off of each other. college-major major computer-science investment-management finance business economics...

Kelvin L.’s Avatar
Kelvin L. Sep 15, 2021 122 views

How has your experience been like working for an investment management firm?

I interned at an investment management firm this summer, but I'd like to learn more about the experiences of other analysts, portfolio managers, and other professionals. investment-management finance business...

economics

ernie L.’s Avatar
ernie L. Mar 24, 2021 831 views

What is the hardest part about investing your money?

I'm a soon-to-be college student and I want to start to plan my financial future. investment-management savings money investor...

money-management

Anish S.’s Avatar
Anish S. Mar 17, 2021 406 views

What are the proccess to invest in stockmarket Step By Step?And tips to Ivesting in Stock Market for Students?

I am a student.I need to earn money for my higher studies so i think to invest in stock market investment-management marketing finance economics ..So i need suggestions from...

Diepreye E.’s Avatar
Diepreye E. Jun 03, 2020 426 views

Are there companies that help market and creat prototype for your invention free of cost to you

I have a marine tech idea that is very lucrative and can help further research into marine life and related field and need help in seeing this invention made into reality I've done a patent search into it and it's in the clear I've tried searching for companies or people to make the prototype...

idea invention technology innovation design marketing science business investment-management entrepreneur marine-biology finance

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Apr 29, 2020 2144 views

Where Do I Start Investing For Beginner ?

I keep hearing about investing some money, so I decided to give it a try. But I need help? How do I start investing? What app is good for investing? WHERE DO I BEGIN? finance accounting investment-management money career COVID19 Help...

Gianna R.’s Avatar
Gianna R. Jul 27, 2019 388 views

What is investment banking like

Hi, I am a Finance major and i am interested in a career in investment banking. I know a lot about the culture, but just don't have a clear understanding of what it is actually like to work for an investment bank. Also, if i don't go to a target school, do I even have a shot? & what is it...

money-management business investment-management investment-banking finance

Gianna R.’s Avatar
Gianna R. Jul 27, 2019 482 views

How do I invest in the stock market?

Hello, I am a first year finance major at a university and I have been researching various types of investments. I am interested in investing some of my money in the DOW, S&P and Amazon. I do not know which brokerage firm is the best, or if ETF's are the best choice or how to even start...

money accounting stockmarket business investment-management finance

Mary M.’s Avatar
Mary M. Aug 31, 2017 493 views

What are the most helpful and authentic online resources you would recommend a college student to start learning about FOREX trading?

Trading is a very complex network, whether it be stock or FOREX markets. And it takes a person a specific amount of time to become really good at trading. Therefore, I want to start learning and educating myself about investing in FOREX markets. forex trade investment Learning economics...

investment-management

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. Oct 09, 2017 730 views

How do I start investing in the Stock Market?

I want to learn how to make a second stream of income. I am currently in my 4th-year of college. I want to develop my assets so I will have a lot of money for the future. I do have a bit of capital to start off with and I am not afraid of assuming risk. How do I best use it? money finance...

investment-banking business financial-services investment-management

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. Oct 09, 2017 589 views

How can I start day trading?

I am going to graduate college in 2 semesters. I want to want to earn a second stream of income while working a full-time job after I'm graduating. Is it doable to do both? I want to start building up my assets as soon as I can. I have a bit of free time in the morning right now so I would...

money business investment-management finance financial-services

Ian P.’s Avatar
Ian P. Mar 15, 2016 961 views

What is the responsibilty of a tax manager at an investment management company?

I recently heard of this job title, and I'm thinking about pursuing an accounting degree in college. Can you help me understand what your job is like? What do you do? Are you an accountant? finance financial-services investment-management investing...

tax

Zach N.’s Avatar
Zach N. Aug 31, 2017 533 views

What is your experience inside of or around investment banking?

Heavily considering a life on Wall Street and have been researching the benefits and the costs. Would love to hear your perspective, big or small! finance investment-banking...

investment-management

Ena W.’s Avatar
Ena W. May 26, 2017 696 views

Is it good to enter buy-side financial institutions?

Many people think that entering buy-side like private equity should be after 2or3 years sell-side work experience....

investment-management

Jess W.’s Avatar
Jess W. Apr 02, 2017 789 views

Is it wise to study for a Masters when most of the jobs you are looking for requires only a Degree? How much more powerful is a Masters compared to a Degree?

I'm someone who is focused on lifelong learning, and I would prefer to stick to learning more about the world around me, rather than starting work so early and simply watch the money come in. Most adults tell me that once you see those digits in your banks account go up, very few would want to...

biomedical-engineering computer-software academic-advising university investment-management medicine astronomy investment-banking

Bridget S.’s Avatar
Bridget S. Feb 24, 2017 917 views

What is a Roth IRA?

Please explain what it it, why it is used, and compare it to other similar but different methods investment-management investing saving taxation...

income-tax

Carlos E.’s Avatar
Carlos E. Feb 23, 2017 858 views

How can I find an internship for business or finance?

I'm a High school junior and really want to pursue a career in business or finance. I want an internship to gain experience and show an my interest to colleges. I know I'm young but is there any hope in finding a position like that? business finance business-management financial-services...

investment-banking investment-management