Career Questions tagged University

A college provides the bedrock of education after high school. There are many different types of colleges. There are two-year colleges that offer Associate of Arts (A.A) or Associate of...

Athena R.’s Avatar
Athena R. 2 days ago 30 views

What are some of the best premed schools? (that don't have insane acceptance rates)

I am a junior in high school currently compiling my list of colleges I'm going to apply to next year. I want to be premed, and hopefully get into medical school one day. I've been doing a lot of research lately, and I learned that choosing a good school for premed is actually really important...

#doctor #high-school #premed #science #university #medical_school #medicine #college

Athena R.’s Avatar
Athena R. 2 days ago 21 views

Are UC (University of California) schools not preferable for premed?

I read something online that UC schools aren't the best for premed because of the amount of students that attend the schools, and because of the harsh grading curve. Is this true? Should I consider applying to other schools such as University of Washington? #doctor #premed #medical_school...

#college #uc #medicine #university

Nate R.’s Avatar
Nate R. Mar 18 43 views

What is the amount of classes that you have to take to have a major in training and education.

I am super athletic and I think that I would be a good trainer. I think that I would be a good educator that would help people.#education # training #university #nursing...

#occupational-therapy

Yolan A.’s Avatar
Yolan A. Mar 13 78 views

How do I get experience in scientific writing?

I’m currently in second year of my undergraduate degree in Theoretical Physics and want to purser a career in science journalism. But most organizations require me to either be doing journalism as a degree or to have had practice in publishing. So how can I get this experience other than with...

#internships #career-choice #career #university

Luke K.’s Avatar
Luke K. Feb 26 76 views

Did you ever have doubts when you were in college trying to get your degree?

Were there ever times where you wanted to just drop out or quit and if so what allowed you to keep pushing. #university...

Rachel W.’s Avatar
Rachel W. Feb 22 125 views

Business or Psychology? I need help picking my major

I'm brand new here and have never posted. I don't know if anyone will even read this but I figure it's worth a shot. I'm pretty desperate for help. I have been incredibly indecisive on which major to go for. I've been in community college for 5 years now because I keep changing majors because...

#business #university #help #jobs #college-major #student #college

g S.’s Avatar
g S. Feb 10 120 views

How to ace university interviews?

I am planning to apply for universities soon and heard that interviews are quite common. Would be good to receive some tips and tricks to acing them and what are some common questions they would ask. Thanks!!!!! #business #career #university #school...

#interview

Manasvi H.’s Avatar
Manasvi H. Jan 31 75 views

What majors should I take up in college?

I'm interested in philosophy, psychology and english literature, and I can confidently say I can do well in these fields since its all I've ever been doing since I started to understand the importance and jobs. Although there aren't many good colleges or unis I can find that offer all three...

#english #study #literature #overseasstudiesconsidered #majors #psychology #university #philosophy #college

Tay W.’s Avatar
Tay W. Dec 28, 2020 88 views

Nursing school while playing minor hockey?

I am going to start nursing school in September 2021 and want to continue playing minor hockey (I am young enough still to play minor hockey for 2 years). It’s not overly competitive but I love the sport more than life. I’m worried about balancing it with the demands of nursing school...

#sports #extracurriculars #university #nursingschool #hockey #school

Lainey W.’s Avatar
Lainey W. Dec 12, 2020 218 views

What colleges have the best marketing programs? US or International

I'm not sure what branch of marketing I will go into but I'm thinking about digital, social media, and/or content marketing. I also love the idea of becoming an entrepreneur, but I'm not sure if that should play a role in my college decisions. #general #social-media #college #university #major...

#minor #majors #entrepreneur #tips #entrepreneurship #business #highschool

Hannah S.’s Avatar
Hannah S. Dec 10, 2020 154 views

What is a good second major to complete with Forensic Anthropology?

I plan on completing a BS in Anthropology, MS in Forensic Anthropology, and continuing on to complete a PhD in Anthropology at BU. What would be a good complementary second major for my undergrad degree to broaden my career choices? I would like to keep my options open in case I decide to...

#pre-med #forensic-anthropology #college-majors #anthropology #college-advice #anthro-major #forensics #forensic-science #forensic #double-major #medical-examiner #college-advisors #university #college

Vivian D.’s Avatar
Vivian D. Dec 07, 2020 107 views

Dual Enrollment Credits

Does college credits from DE classes apply to university or only certain community colleges? #college #university #dualenrollment...

#credits

John L.’s Avatar
John L. Dec 07, 2020 117 views

What are some good universities in Canada?

Hello, my friend and I have been thinking about going to Canada after we graduate from high school. For international students, what are some good universities in Canada that offer good medical and business courses? #nursing-school #high-school #business #canada #university #college #business...

#finances #doctor #hospitality

malak E.’s Avatar
malak E. Dec 06, 2020 82 views

What are some good Universities for international students regarding interior designing? Preferably in Europe or the UK.

I'm an 11th grader doing my AS and A levels now and I wanted some universities for international students that offer good scholarships, preferably in Europe or the UK. #university #as #alevels #scholarships #igcse #internationalstudent...

#interiordesigning

Rose M.’s Avatar
Rose M. Dec 01, 2020 138 views
Christina L.’s Avatar
Christina L. Dec 01, 2020 177 views

Best extracurriculars for Psychology major?

I am in a community college studying psychology and want to apply to many great schools by the time I transfer! I am interested in getting my masters to become a clinical psychologist or educational counselor after undergrad. However, during the time I am in community college now, I want to...

#universityofcalifornia #mentor #psychologist #psychology #guidancecounselor #volunteering #communitycollege #clinicalpsychologist #psychiatrist #university #counselor #academiccounselor #college #remotevolunteering

Sydney G.’s Avatar
Sydney G. Nov 29, 2020 129 views

Is getting into Harvard hard

I'm in 12th grade and want to know before I enter Harvard law school #law...

#university

Maria E.’s Avatar
Maria E. Nov 25, 2020 111 views
Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Nov 19, 2020 355 views

Should I minor in Marketing or take more business classes that interest me?

I am currently a 3rd year Psychology major who plans to attain an M.B.A. after graduation. I am wondering if I should take a minor in marketing vs. taking other business classes I am more interested in as my elective classes and how it affects my application in any M.B.A. program (whether at my...

#marketing #career #business #higher-education #college #university

Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. Nov 18, 2020 150 views

What is it like to be a politics or government major?

I am looking at being some type of lawyer. This is often the most related major a lot of colleges have. I’m curious to know the kinds of classes and assignments people with this major typically have. #givingiscaring #college #university #major #government #lawyer #college-major...

#choosing-a-major

Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. Nov 18, 2020 226 views

What is your best advice for minimizing student debt going into college?

I am currently a junior in high school. This is around the time when I am doing more research on colleges and solidifying my list for visits in the coming months and applications in senior year. #givingiscaring #college #university...

#studentdebt

Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. Nov 18, 2020 116 views

How many scholarships did you apply for?

Scholarships outside of packages given by the schools whether it be essay, ethnicity, subject/major, or other types of scholarships. #givingiscaring #scholarships #college...

#university

Darrion H.’s Avatar
Darrion H. Nov 13, 2020 60 views
Mariela G.’s Avatar
Mariela G. Nov 10, 2020 147 views

What are the steps into becoming a High School Counselor?

Hello! My name is Mariela and I am currently a second year in college. My declared major as of now Criminology, Law and Society, but I'm planning to transfer under a Sociology major. Before I didn't know what exactly to do with a Sociology degree, and I know I want to do something with kids. I...

#high-school #education #school #graduateschool #university #highschoolcounselor #transferingmajors #counselor #college #sociology

Abigail C.’s Avatar
Abigail C. Nov 05, 2020 159 views

What majors are in art and business category? How do you work financial aid and applications?

I'm in the 11th grade figuring out which major in art I should take. Their a few schools I'm interested in but still figuring that out between five choices. Peers around me always said go for what you like to do and business for getting more opportunities in life. I know that art won't give...

#finanical #appliaction #business #art #general #university