Career Questions tagged University

A college provides the bedrock of education after high school. There are many different types of colleges. There are two-year colleges that offer Associate of Arts (A.A) or Associate of...

Holly A.’s Avatar
Holly A. May 20 115 views

How did you decide on your university and chosen course(s)?

I’m currently in year 12 (11th grade) and I’m unsure about what degree to pursue at university, which university and which country (US or UK). #university #uni #course #study #degree...

Jack W.’s Avatar
Jack W. May 15 43 views

Does taking IB have an impact on the application for University?

So I'm in high school and am completing the IB diploma, but I was wondering whether it has an impact on university decisions on applications. #university...

#ib

Jack W.’s Avatar
Jack W. May 15 83 views

Is it wise to apply for a local university as well as Universities abroad?

Living in BC, thinking of applying to some Ontario Universities, But was curious about whether I should apply for local Universities such as UBC. #university...

#study-abroad

danieh K.’s Avatar
danieh K. May 14 170 views

Should I take calculus?

I'm in high school right now wanting to pursue an education in business/economics, and I'm wondering if I should take calculus in my senior year. Any advice? #math #business #career #econ #economics #highschool #school #professional...

#university

dakota G.’s Avatar
dakota G. May 11 133 views

How do I start my college search as a junior?

I am a junior in high school and trying to find out colleges/universities that I am interested but do not know how to start looking. Do you have any suggestions? I know I do not like universities/colleges that feel like a city themselves. #university #college-advice #college-advice...

#college-admissions #collegesearch

James N.’s Avatar
James N. May 09 127 views

University or community college?

I am having trouble deciding what I want to do about education. University? Community college? Certifications? Should I even bother with college for wildland firefighting? #college #university #firefighting #wildland...

#community-college

Tina L.’s Avatar
Tina L. May 02 101 views

Is it crazy to take 2 science courses + 1 math course in one semester?

I am going to transfer to a 4-year university as a biology major, but the classes they require are mainly and only science + math classes. I already finished my "smaller" classes in the previous semesters, such as art, English, history, etc. Each of my remaining semesters in school will...

#major #college #university #biology #math #mathematics #chemistry #bioscience #calculus #science

dakota G.’s Avatar
dakota G. May 02 112 views

What are the top 5 colleges in the Northeast for engineering?

I am on the college search as I am a junior right now. I think I would like to study some type of engineering in college, I just do not know where to look. #engineering #college...

#university

Aria P.’s Avatar
Aria P. Apr 27 240 views

Any tips on saving for university?

Hi! I’m hoping to attend university in a few years and the financial burden of it all has been worrying me. I’m a high school student, and the only source of income in my family comes from my dad. I’ve spoken with my parents about plans for college and it seems that they expect me to at least...

#scholarship #university #college #financial-aid #financial-planning #high-school

Aria P.’s Avatar
Aria P. Apr 27 78 views

How much emphasis do Canadian universities put on extracurriculars?

I’m a 9th grade student studying in Canada. I’ve been trying to build up a strong university application in hopes that a head start can relieve my 12th grade self of some added stress. Some resources online have said that extracurricular activities can make or break an application, but most of...

#college-admissions #university #extracurricular

Jennifer S.’s Avatar
Jennifer S. Apr 26 60 views

Whats the difference between a 5 year architecture program and the 4+2 one?

I'm looking into architecture schools I want to apply to, but I'm stuck on what "program" I should take. Which one is a better choice, in terms of tuition, experience, and benefits later on in my career? thanks :)) #arch #architecture #architect...

#university

Tiana W.’s Avatar
Tiana W. Apr 24 168 views

Does anyone have advice for college applications?

I'm a sophomore in high school who's looking to get a head start on college applications or improving my resume. I'm interested in business and possibly a job in the medical field (?) and was wondering if anyone had any advice for what I should do to catch the attention of college application...

#university #college #resume #medical #business

Kazi Zawad B.’s Avatar
Kazi Zawad B. Apr 16 35 views

Any tips on pupillage applications?

I am a second year law student at Queen Mary, University of London. I will be applying for inn scholarships and pupillages this year....

#university

Sukritta(Fronce) D.’s Avatar
Sukritta(Fronce) D. Apr 15 41 views

What to prepare before being a travel agent

Hello I am Fronce. I am a 2nd year university at Capilano. I am currently taking tourism program which covers all of the 12 sectors of tourism. I’d like to learn and gain more knowledge to strengthen my program. #college #university...

#travel

Harry B.’s Avatar
Harry B. Apr 12 55 views

Does it matter which university you're going to in order to get into medical school?

I'm in high school hoping to go into a health profession after college. I am currently undecided about which university I want to go to and what my major will be. #university #college #university...

#medicine

Nathan D.’s Avatar
Nathan D. Mar 22 75 views

What tools can help students focus with so many distractions given the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic?

I’m a grade 11 student at RH King in Scarborough. I love acting and have successfully landed five auditions for leading and supporting roles in short films, theatre and television series. I like learning about business, investments and the economy. I am a diehard Raptors fan and supporter with...

#entrepreneur #university #basketball #raptors #finance #business #acting

Vilma K.’s Avatar
Vilma K. Mar 17 100 views

Do you COVID-19 will impact the result of how many students will be accepted into selective universities this year?

As a senior who has applied to a various number of schools, I was surprised to hear I was waitlisted at a school I expected to be accepted into. Other than other factors that absolutely could have affected this decision, do you think #covid-19 will change how many students colleges across the...

#university #college #student #college-admissions #college-advice

Giorgos K.’s Avatar
Giorgos K. Mar 02 123 views

Is university degree really necessary?

Hello, I've been wondering since I started university if it's vital for our life in the future or not. For example for me neither I finish or not I'm still getting a job because I have experience as car mechanic. I remember before starting 3 workshops wanted me to join their company (not...

#job #university #college #career #degree #college-advice

Gwen T.’s Avatar
Gwen T. Feb 29 95 views

Taking classes for fun?

Have you ever taken any classes for fun that do not fit any requirements? How was you experience? #student #university...