Career Questions tagged University

A college provides the bedrock of education after high school. There are many different types of colleges. There are two-year colleges that offer Associate of Arts (A.A) or Associate of...

Eric L.’s Avatar
Eric L. Aug 02 54 views

How to prepare in high school if you want to study history in university

I am currently a Gr. 12 high school student who is interested in humanities and social sciences field (especially history) and would like to take one or two in these field as major(s) of study. I have read some academic books written by various historians, philosophers, sociologists and...

#university #high-school #history #social

Peyton C.’s Avatar
Peyton C. Aug 02 63 views

What career would be the best suited for me?

I am open to almost all careers. I am good at math and writing but struggle with history. I can be quite forgetful sometimes as well. #business #university...

#career-options

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jul 31 77 views

What the key differences between undergraduate and graduate school?

I'm a current undergraduate student who will be graduating in the spring (if things go according to plan), and while graduate school wasn't originally part of my plan, it's something I've begun considering. I've found that there seems to be less advice out there regarding grad school as opposed...

#july #college #universities #advice #higher-education #schools #degree #experience #graduate-schools #undergraduate #graduate #graduate-school #education #scholarship #college-advice #july20 #experiences #school #colleges #undergraduates #graduates #future #masters-degree #degrees #university

Mohammad A.’s Avatar
Mohammad A. Jul 31 57 views
Ted Y.’s Avatar
Ted Y. Jul 23 61 views

I'm thinking I want to study something more technical at university next fall. How do I narrow it down?

I am undecided, so whenever I start describing what I want, it usually seems to me like "engineering", which I know is a broad topic. How do I pick a more specific subsection of engineering or even know if that's right for me? Can somebody explain what jobs you do with any sort of engineering...

#july20 #engineering #university #undecided

Ted Y.’s Avatar
Ted Y. Jul 23 49 views

I'm thinking that I want to study something more technical in university (next fall), but I don't know how to choose a more specific topic

Whenever I mention this, people sort of assume I'm looking for a pure hard science like just chemistry or just math or they assume Engineering, which I know is a very broad topic. How do I narrow it down to a more specific field? Has anyone had this problem and had a good method for finding out...

#undecided #major #university

Indhu H.’s Avatar
Indhu H. Jul 23 31 views

How can I prepare myself in terms of attending an University abroad and how can I ensure that I get accepted into it?

Im planning to settle abroad but haven't still finalized where and I would like to know a few tips to ensure that I get into it and also make sure I feel safe and secure and make sure that I don't feel lost, at the end of the day. It will be my future home and I would like to belong in that...

#university

K K.’s Avatar
K K. Jul 23 74 views

How do you become closer to your professor?

A lot of people advise getting closer to your professor better because they can help in many different ways in the future- whether it be recommendations or possible internship opportunities. What are some ways to become closer? I seem to have difficulty finding topics to talk about with them...

#july20 #professors #relations #university

K K.’s Avatar
K K. Jul 23 60 views

Are criminal justice classes similar to criminology?

I am interested in becoming a criminal intelligence analyst and currently, I am a sociology major. My university does not offer criminology as a major and so there are not many classes related to the subject. However, there are criminal justice classes. Would taking criminal justice classes be...

#criminology #crime-analysis #major #july20 #career #university

Chloe T.’s Avatar
Chloe T. Jul 17 155 views
Mohammad A.’s Avatar
Mohammad A. Jul 06 132 views

how do I know if studying major( x )suits me or not

Hi I'm in my last school year and I want to find a major that fits my standards and requirements. I'm a good problem solver, Gets bored easily, Love helping others, Not really a hard worker to be honest except if it was in a field I love, Free time is one of my priorities. #career #major...

#university #college-major #college

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Jun 30 120 views

Is there Anyway to Turn a Passion for Networking and IT into an Extracurricular for University Applications

In my sophomore year, I took a networking class, which got me really interested in IT. Although I'm going for software engineering, I would like to showcase my passion for IT one way or another in the form of a material achievement that can be used on my University applications. Any...

#college-admissions #software-engineering #it #university #computer-networking

Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Jun 28 188 views

I'm a 3rd year in college and I dont know if I should I keep my major, switch it, or become Undeclared for now?

I am a 3rd year in college recently I have upgraded my major from pre-psychology to psychology. The thing is that I'm not sure if I want to stick with Psychology , because I really don't know what I want to do anymore and am not sure if this is the right major for me anymore. Some majors I'm...

#major #research #college-major #college #business #psychology #university #biology #undeclared

Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Jun 17 212 views
Holly A.’s Avatar
Holly A. May 20 179 views

How did you decide on your university and chosen course(s)?

I’m currently in year 12 (11th grade) and I’m unsure about what degree to pursue at university, which university and which country (US or UK). #university #uni #course #study #degree...

Jack W.’s Avatar
Jack W. May 15 72 views

Does taking IB have an impact on the application for University?

So I'm in high school and am completing the IB diploma, but I was wondering whether it has an impact on university decisions on applications. #university...

#ib

Jack W.’s Avatar
Jack W. May 15 169 views

Is it wise to apply for a local university as well as Universities abroad?

Living in BC, thinking of applying to some Ontario Universities, But was curious about whether I should apply for local Universities such as UBC. #university...

#study-abroad

danieh K.’s Avatar
danieh K. May 14 313 views

Should I take calculus?

I'm in high school right now wanting to pursue an education in business/economics, and I'm wondering if I should take calculus in my senior year. Any advice? #math #business #career #econ #economics #highschool #school #professional...

#university

dakota G.’s Avatar
dakota G. May 11 186 views

How do I start my college search as a junior?

I am a junior in high school and trying to find out colleges/universities that I am interested but do not know how to start looking. Do you have any suggestions? I know I do not like universities/colleges that feel like a city themselves. #university #college-advice #college-advice...

#college-admissions #collegesearch

James N.’s Avatar
James N. May 09 172 views

University or community college?

I am having trouble deciding what I want to do about education. University? Community college? Certifications? Should I even bother with college for wildland firefighting? #college #university #firefighting #wildland...

#community-college

Tina L.’s Avatar
Tina L. May 02 160 views

Is it crazy to take 2 science courses + 1 math course in one semester?

I am going to transfer to a 4-year university as a biology major, but the classes they require are mainly and only science + math classes. I already finished my "smaller" classes in the previous semesters, such as art, English, history, etc. Each of my remaining semesters in school will...

#mathematics #chemistry #major #bioscience #science #college #math #calculus #biology #university

dakota G.’s Avatar
dakota G. May 02 159 views

What are the top 5 colleges in the Northeast for engineering?

I am on the college search as I am a junior right now. I think I would like to study some type of engineering in college, I just do not know where to look. #engineering #college...

#university

Aria P.’s Avatar
Aria P. Apr 27 303 views

Any tips on saving for university?

Hi! I’m hoping to attend university in a few years and the financial burden of it all has been worrying me. I’m a high school student, and the only source of income in my family comes from my dad. I’ve spoken with my parents about plans for college and it seems that they expect me to at least...

#financial-planning #scholarship #financial-aid #high-school #university #college

Aria P.’s Avatar
Aria P. Apr 27 107 views

How much emphasis do Canadian universities put on extracurriculars?

I’m a 9th grade student studying in Canada. I’ve been trying to build up a strong university application in hopes that a head start can relieve my 12th grade self of some added stress. Some resources online have said that extracurricular activities can make or break an application, but most of...

#college-admissions #extracurricular #university