Career Questions tagged University

A college provides the bedrock of education after high school. There are many different types of colleges. There are two-year colleges that offer Associate of Arts (A.A) or Associate of...

Tova B.’s Avatar
Tova B. Jun 01 38 views

What are some ways I can add skills to my resume if I want a career in biostatistics?

I am an undergraduate student and I recently finished my freshman year. I am looking to major in biology with a minor in mathematics (although I am considering double majoring in biology and statistics instead). I would like to add more skills to my resume that will make me more appealing to...

#biostatistics #university #biology #internships

Alisen N.’s Avatar
Alisen N. May 26 32 views

which is the best college to go to if I'd like to pursue forensic psychiatry?

long answers would be greatly appreciated. forensic psycholgists, psychiatrists and scientists are welcome to answer my question....

#university

Brandon F.’s Avatar
Brandon F. May 17 92 views

Would it be better for me to attend a local college or a University while studying the IT field?

I'm a high school senior trying to decide whether i should do local or out of town college. #college...

#university

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Apr 19 113 views

Can you tell me about your typical day in college?

Office Hours #4: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Mark Eagle This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was...

#education #university #college-life #college

Athena R.’s Avatar
Athena R. Apr 11 81 views

What are some of the best premed schools? (that don't have insane acceptance rates)

I am a junior in high school currently compiling my list of colleges I'm going to apply to next year. I want to be premed, and hopefully get into medical school one day. I've been doing a lot of research lately, and I learned that choosing a good school for premed is actually really important...

#medical_school #premed #high-school #science #medicine #doctor #university #college

Athena R.’s Avatar
Athena R. Apr 11 86 views

Are UC (University of California) schools not preferable for premed?

I read something online that UC schools aren't the best for premed because of the amount of students that attend the schools, and because of the harsh grading curve. Is this true? Should I consider applying to other schools such as University of Washington? #doctor #premed #medical_school...

#uc #university #medicine #college

Nate R.’s Avatar
Nate R. Mar 18 91 views

What is the amount of classes that you have to take to have a major in training and education.

I am super athletic and I think that I would be a good trainer. I think that I would be a good educator that would help people.#education # training #university #nursing...

#occupational-therapy

Yolan A.’s Avatar
Yolan A. Mar 13 151 views

How do I get experience in scientific writing?

I’m currently in second year of my undergraduate degree in Theoretical Physics and want to purser a career in science journalism. But most organizations require me to either be doing journalism as a degree or to have had practice in publishing. So how can I get this experience other than with...

#career-choice #career #university #internships

Luke K.’s Avatar
Luke K. Feb 26 127 views

Did you ever have doubts when you were in college trying to get your degree?

Were there ever times where you wanted to just drop out or quit and if so what allowed you to keep pushing. #university...

Rachel W.’s Avatar
Rachel W. Feb 22 186 views

Business or Psychology? I need help picking my major

I'm brand new here and have never posted. I don't know if anyone will even read this but I figure it's worth a shot. I'm pretty desperate for help. I have been incredibly indecisive on which major to go for. I've been in community college for 5 years now because I keep changing majors because...

#college-major #business #jobs #student #university #help #college

g S.’s Avatar
g S. Feb 10 179 views

How to ace university interviews?

I am planning to apply for universities soon and heard that interviews are quite common. Would be good to receive some tips and tricks to acing them and what are some common questions they would ask. Thanks!!!!! #business #career #university #school...

#interview

Manasvi H.’s Avatar
Manasvi H. Jan 31 113 views

What majors should I take up in college?

I'm interested in philosophy, psychology and english literature, and I can confidently say I can do well in these fields since its all I've ever been doing since I started to understand the importance and jobs. Although there aren't many good colleges or unis I can find that offer all three...

#overseasstudiesconsidered #philosophy #literature #majors #english #study #psychology #university #college

Tay W.’s Avatar
Tay W. Dec 28, 2020 126 views

Nursing school while playing minor hockey?

I am going to start nursing school in September 2021 and want to continue playing minor hockey (I am young enough still to play minor hockey for 2 years). It’s not overly competitive but I love the sport more than life. I’m worried about balancing it with the demands of nursing school...

#sports #university #nursingschool #extracurriculars #school #hockey

Lainey W.’s Avatar
Lainey W. Dec 12, 2020 318 views

What colleges have the best marketing programs? US or International

I'm not sure what branch of marketing I will go into but I'm thinking about digital, social media, and/or content marketing. I also love the idea of becoming an entrepreneur, but I'm not sure if that should play a role in my college decisions. #general #social-media #college #university #major...

#highschool #minor #business #majors #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #tips

Hannah S.’s Avatar
Hannah S. Dec 10, 2020 227 views

What is a good second major to complete with Forensic Anthropology?

I plan on completing a BS in Anthropology, MS in Forensic Anthropology, and continuing on to complete a PhD in Anthropology at BU. What would be a good complementary second major for my undergrad degree to broaden my career choices? I would like to keep my options open in case I decide to...

#anthropology #medical-examiner #college-majors #college-advisors #forensic-anthropology #college-advice #forensics #double-major #forensic #pre-med #anthro-major #university #forensic-science #college

Vivian D.’s Avatar
Vivian D. Dec 07, 2020 159 views

Dual Enrollment Credits

Does college credits from DE classes apply to university or only certain community colleges? #college #university #dualenrollment...

#credits

John L.’s Avatar
John L. Dec 07, 2020 165 views

What are some good universities in Canada?

Hello, my friend and I have been thinking about going to Canada after we graduate from high school. For international students, what are some good universities in Canada that offer good medical and business courses? #nursing-school #high-school #business #canada #university #college #business...

#finances #doctor #hospitality

malak E.’s Avatar
malak E. Dec 06, 2020 119 views

What are some good Universities for international students regarding interior designing? Preferably in Europe or the UK.

I'm an 11th grader doing my AS and A levels now and I wanted some universities for international students that offer good scholarships, preferably in Europe or the UK. #university #as #alevels #scholarships #igcse #internationalstudent...

#interiordesigning

Rose M.’s Avatar
Rose M. Dec 01, 2020 222 views
Christina L.’s Avatar
Christina L. Dec 01, 2020 240 views

Best extracurriculars for Psychology major?

I am in a community college studying psychology and want to apply to many great schools by the time I transfer! I am interested in getting my masters to become a clinical psychologist or educational counselor after undergrad. However, during the time I am in community college now, I want to...

#volunteering #psychologist #remotevolunteering #universityofcalifornia #guidancecounselor #psychology #clinicalpsychologist #psychiatrist #academiccounselor #mentor #communitycollege #university #counselor #college

Sydney G.’s Avatar
Sydney G. Nov 29, 2020 161 views

Is getting into Harvard hard

I'm in 12th grade and want to know before I enter Harvard law school #law...

#university