Career Questions tagged University

A college provides the bedrock of education after high school. There are many different types of colleges. There are two-year colleges that offer Associate of Arts (A.A) or Associate of...

Tay W.’s Avatar
Tay W. Dec 28, 2020 54 views

Nursing school while playing minor hockey?

I am going to start nursing school in September 2021 and want to continue playing minor hockey (I am young enough still to play minor hockey for 2 years). It’s not overly competitive but I love the sport more than life. I’m worried about balancing it with the demands of nursing school...

#school #extracurriculars #hockey #nursingschool #sports #university

Lainey W.’s Avatar
Lainey W. Dec 12, 2020 124 views

What colleges have the best marketing programs? US or International

I'm not sure what branch of marketing I will go into but I'm thinking about digital, social media, and/or content marketing. I also love the idea of becoming an entrepreneur, but I'm not sure if that should play a role in my college decisions. #general #social-media #college #university #major...

#tips #majors #business #minor #highschool #entrepreneurship #entrepreneur

Hannah S.’s Avatar
Hannah S. Dec 10, 2020 76 views

What is a good second major to complete with Forensic Anthropology?

I plan on completing a BS in Anthropology, MS in Forensic Anthropology, and continuing on to complete a PhD in Anthropology at BU. What would be a good complementary second major for my undergrad degree to broaden my career choices? I would like to keep my options open in case I decide to...

#double-major #forensic-science #anthropology #forensic-anthropology #pre-med #medical-examiner #forensics #college-majors #university #college-advice #college #college-advisors #anthro-major #forensic

Vivian D.’s Avatar
Vivian D. Dec 07, 2020 63 views

Dual Enrollment Credits

Does college credits from DE classes apply to university or only certain community colleges? #college #university #dualenrollment...

#credits

John L.’s Avatar
John L. Dec 07, 2020 74 views

What are some good universities in Canada?

Hello, my friend and I have been thinking about going to Canada after we graduate from high school. For international students, what are some good universities in Canada that offer good medical and business courses? #nursing-school #high-school #business #canada #university #college #business...

#hospitality #finances #doctor

malak E.’s Avatar
malak E. Dec 06, 2020 53 views

What are some good Universities for international students regarding interior designing? Preferably in Europe or the UK.

I'm an 11th grader doing my AS and A levels now and I wanted some universities for international students that offer good scholarships, preferably in Europe or the UK. #university #as #alevels #scholarships #igcse #internationalstudent...

#interiordesigning

Rose M.’s Avatar
Rose M. Dec 01, 2020 77 views
Christina L.’s Avatar
Christina L. Dec 01, 2020 103 views

Best extracurriculars for Psychology major?

I am in a community college studying psychology and want to apply to many great schools by the time I transfer! I am interested in getting my masters to become a clinical psychologist or educational counselor after undergrad. However, during the time I am in community college now, I want to...

#remotevolunteering #volunteering #universityofcalifornia #clinicalpsychologist #academiccounselor #psychology #mentor #communitycollege #university #guidancecounselor #college #psychiatrist #counselor #psychologist

Sydney G.’s Avatar
Sydney G. Nov 29, 2020 89 views

Is getting into Harvard hard

I'm in 12th grade and want to know before I enter Harvard law school #law...

#university

Maria E.’s Avatar
Maria E. Nov 25, 2020 73 views
Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Nov 19, 2020 269 views

Should I minor in Marketing or take more business classes that interest me?

I am currently a 3rd year Psychology major who plans to attain an M.B.A. after graduation. I am wondering if I should take a minor in marketing vs. taking other business classes I am more interested in as my elective classes and how it affects my application in any M.B.A. program (whether at my...

#business #university #higher-education #career #college #marketing

Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. Nov 18, 2020 96 views

What is it like to be a politics or government major?

I am looking at being some type of lawyer. This is often the most related major a lot of colleges have. I’m curious to know the kinds of classes and assignments people with this major typically have. #givingiscaring #college #university #major #government #lawyer #college-major...

#choosing-a-major

Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. Nov 18, 2020 134 views

What is your best advice for minimizing student debt going into college?

I am currently a junior in high school. This is around the time when I am doing more research on colleges and solidifying my list for visits in the coming months and applications in senior year. #givingiscaring #college #university...

#studentdebt

Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. Nov 18, 2020 80 views

How many scholarships did you apply for?

Scholarships outside of packages given by the schools whether it be essay, ethnicity, subject/major, or other types of scholarships. #givingiscaring #scholarships #college...

#university

Anonymous A.’s Avatar
Anonymous A. Nov 13, 2020 62 views
Darrion H.’s Avatar
Darrion H. Nov 13, 2020 41 views

What material are required if you are a mechanic?

I'm a junior and I want to be a mechanic...

#university

Mariela G.’s Avatar
Mariela G. Nov 10, 2020 98 views

What are the steps into becoming a High School Counselor?

Hello! My name is Mariela and I am currently a second year in college. My declared major as of now Criminology, Law and Society, but I'm planning to transfer under a Sociology major. Before I didn't know what exactly to do with a Sociology degree, and I know I want to do something with kids. I...

#graduateschool #sociology #education #highschoolcounselor #high-school #school #university #transferingmajors #college #counselor

Abigail C.’s Avatar
Abigail C. Nov 05, 2020 118 views

What majors are in art and business category? How do you work financial aid and applications?

I'm in the 11th grade figuring out which major in art I should take. Their a few schools I'm interested in but still figuring that out between five choices. Peers around me always said go for what you like to do and business for getting more opportunities in life. I know that art won't give...

#general #business #finanical #art #university #appliaction

Joselyn S.’s Avatar
Joselyn S. Nov 02, 2020 107 views

What major would i choose if i wanted to become a nurse midwife?

Although it's probably still early, i am a sophomore i am high school, i've been invited into a program that is basically setting me up in the top universities/colleges and i've been doing research. I'm still a bit confused on majors and stuff like that but just know the basics will help a lot!...

#science #double-major #physics #nursing #university #college #entrepreneurship #midwife

Fabian F.’s Avatar
Fabian F. Oct 30, 2020 77 views

What should I major in if I want to become an epidemiologist?

I'm a high school senior and I'm thinking of majoring in microbiology with a minor of statistics; would these be good choices if I want to eventually join the epidemiology field? #majors #university #epidemiology...

#biology

grace M.’s Avatar
grace M. Oct 30, 2020 47 views

what kind of college atmosphere would be best for nursing

i would like to have a good atmosphere and welcoming people...

#university

Brooklin P.’s Avatar
Brooklin P. Oct 29, 2020 46 views

What would be some good colleges to go to for nursing.

I really want to stay in Ohio for college but I am willing to go somewhere else. But I was wondering what some colleges are good for nursing and medicine. #university #nurse #college...

#medicine

Mayra M.’s Avatar
Mayra M. Oct 29, 2020 58 views

I don't know what college I should go to yet

I want a college that's not far away from home. I also want to try to get into a university if I can. I also want to try to not pay so much for schooling if I can. #college...

#university

Jaxon A.’s Avatar
Jaxon A. Oct 27, 2020 102 views

What are some programs or activities I can participate in during college that will prepare me for medical school?

I am a senior in high school that plans on following a career path in the medical field. I plan to pursue a bachelors in biology and then following with med school with a concentration in either radiology or focus in on becoming an ER doctor in the Cleveland, Ohio area. I have a passion for...

#healthscience #medicalfield #physician #ohio #college #er #cleveland #school #medical-school #radiology #schooling #university #career-paths #doctor #erdoctor

ronldo R.’s Avatar
ronldo R. Oct 27, 2020 43 views

Did you ever know you would be in the position you are right now?

Hello, I am a student from Whitmore lake Middle and Highschool. I am doing an assignment where I search up jobs I like and ask questions. #familymedicinephysician...

#university

Matthew M.’s Avatar
Matthew M. Oct 23, 2020 34 views

Actually how hard is schooling in college to become an air traffic controller?

Im a high school student that would like to know how hard the schooling is for this occupation when you get to college. Ive done research and it has said its not easy and I get that but I dont want it to be super hard and stressful to the point where I do this in college and then end up not...

#high-school #student #university

Kenny B.’s Avatar
Kenny B. Sep 25, 2020 142 views

What are some college application tips for this upcoming fall.

So the time has come, and all our hard work in the school system will soon pay off in our new chapter of education. So, now that we have entered the college application period, and the stresses of college essays; what would be some tips you can give to a first-in-family college applicant that...

#university #collegeadmissions #collegehelp #college #stress

Alicia Y.’s Avatar
Alicia Y. Sep 15, 2020 104 views

Do you need to be really good in science to become an orthodontist?

I'm a Junior in high school. I want to know if I have to be really smart in science because I don't want to get to college or university and lose money for something I know I'm not really good at. I want to find the best match for me. #college-majors #university #dental #dental-hygienist...

#teeth #dentistry #dentist #orthodontist #college