Career Questions tagged University

A college provides the bedrock of education after high school. There are many different types of colleges. There are two-year colleges that offer Associate of Arts (A.A) or Associate of...

kelly’s Avatar
kelly Sep 28 31 views

What undergrad major should I major in if I have an interest in the veterinary field?

Should I be pursuing something science related, biology or chemistry?

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Aug 24 108 views

What are your thoughts on Rasmussen University?

Its cheaper that the public, 4 year universities that are close to me, and its accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Its tuition is also considerably cheaper. Yet, there's something about it that doesn't feel right. Maybe I'm just biased against private, for-profit universities. What...

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Aug 05 168 views

Two questions on choosing a career and college/university.

I will graduate from a community college in Spring 2023 with an accounting degree. I plan on working for 2-3 years and then going back to school. I regret that I did not spend more time researching degrees, doing HS internships, or exploring different community colleges while in high school....

Erica’s Avatar
Erica Aug 01 98 views

Does certification improve my chances of getting into my top school?

I have 10 non-credit certifications from accredited universities like Stanford University, Harvard and USC universities, but I'm quite confused if they're really significant on college applications.

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Jul 26 156 views

Which Kansas University/College has the best MBA program?

My new home town has a University which offers a MBA program, but I'm open to exploring other options.

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Jul 26 122 views

What is the difference between a college and an university?

Does it have something to do with their size, history, purpose, etc., or are they just synonyms?

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Jul 26 165 views

Which Kansas College/University has the best math program?

I live really close to K-State, University of Kansas, and Washburn University. I'm also open to the idea of attending Wichita University. I would prefer to attend a public college/university over a private one.

Julia’s Avatar
Julia Jul 09 230 views

What are some ways to narrow down career options?

I'm trying to pick a career path for university but don't have a clear goal in mind. I enjoy/am good at math, science, English literature/writing, and humanities; I'm struggling to narrow down a career path and/or major for university.

Ruben’s Avatar
Ruben Jun 17 167 views

How can I up my chances at getting into a straight medicine program out of High School?

Programs that get you MD and another degree in Shorter time

Alessia’s Avatar
Alessia Jun 16 185 views

Whats the major differences between different colleges?

what's the difference between college, university, technical schools, community colleges, etc? What can each one do for me?

Izabela’s Avatar
Izabela Jun 07 178 views

I'm currently in high school, but I have an interest in Psychology right now and I am wondering what it would entail if I want to pursue that in University and after that?

I enjoy the psychology class I am in right now and I like the idea of pursuing something in that area but I am not sure what to really do now. I should probably take a psychology class at University but I don't know what else there is and how to look at using that for my future.
Thanks!

mia’s Avatar
mia Jun 07 242 views

what college/university is good for architect and/or engineer?

I want to start to check college to see what GPA should I work for and the SAT or/and ACT.
Right now as one of my options is NYIT.

Mahir’s Avatar
Mahir Jun 01 216 views

Getting into my Dream College

Is there even a chance for me to get into Colombia university with a major in Computer Science as an 11th grade? Is there any way too boost my chances or make myself stand out besides SAT and GPA? Any advice?

Andrew’s Avatar
Andrew May 23 1247 views

What is Entrepreneurship?

I know what it means but i don't fully understand it. How do you become a good one. How do you make a lot of money but then help people at the same time.

Andrew’s Avatar
Andrew May 23 184 views

What classes in college do you need to take to become a successful business owner?

I want to own a business due to sports. And I want to run more things that help people. And I want to know what classes I need to take to be able to do that.

Sarah’s Avatar
Sarah May 08 179 views

How did you know what you’re going to be in the future? What you’re going to study..

So, I’m an 11th grader right now, and I don’t have a clue about what I’m going to study in university. I just want to know how other people found out.

Stephanie’s Avatar
Stephanie May 04 171 views

what college is best for me?

Search Marketing Strategists

Luis’s Avatar
Luis Apr 28 244 views

Should I complete my basics in a community college or should I join the military and do my education afterwards?

I wanted to see what options are better, whether to complete my basics first or complete all my education after I serve the military.

Mathias’s Avatar
Mathias Apr 19 149 views

How many extracurriculars should I have?

How many extracurriculars / clubs should I be in? (Junior in high school)

Jonathan’s Avatar
Jonathan Apr 15 294 views

Are there benefits to doing extra curricular activities in college?

I know that doing extracurricular activities in high school help with getting into a better college but once I'm in college is there any real benefits that they give me other than personal things?

R’s Avatar
R Apr 06 244 views

How important are extra-curricular activities and like student clubs, volunteering etc to getting into med school? I'm a bit worried because in my first year of university I just focused on school and didn't join any clubs yet.

Yeah like the title says, I feel a bit behind the curve because although I have a good GPA from my first year, my resume and professional life are kind of lacking in regards to some of my peers. I do plan on volunteering and trying to get coop jobs this summer and of course later on in...

Samuel’s Avatar
Samuel Mar 21 190 views

In-State or Out- of State?

Is it smarter to go to an in state college or university or an Out of state?

Alma’s Avatar
Alma Mar 03 162 views

Best college/university to attend if I want to become a radiologist?

#college #university #radiology #radiologist

arianna’s Avatar
arianna Feb 25 214 views

Is North Dakota State University a good college?

Hi, I am planning to become an architect and have heard that North Dakota State University has a great architectural program. I just want to hear from someone else if that is true? #architect #college #university #architecture

E’s Avatar
E Feb 18 199 views

Are you a full-time or part-time college student?

What made you decide you wanted to go to school either part-time or full-time?
#college #university #communitycollege

Micale’s Avatar
Micale Feb 07 233 views

what are the top 10 best and most affordable university to go too.

#university #college-admissions

Eden’s Avatar
Eden Jan 21 183 views

Does it matter what university you get into for engineering?

I'm an aspiring aerospace engineering, and I wonder if there's really a big difference between a degree from a "prestigious" university and one from a state university. #university #college #engineer

Nada’s Avatar
Nada Jan 10 262 views

Any good ideas for what to mojor or minor with journalism? It's my dream to study it but I want to have have something to fall back on.

I'm not really good at math or sciences but I would like to be able to find something that is somehow interlinked with english or journalism so I can maybe use both of them together to help me get a job since i've heard its hard to find one. Thanks in advance and any ideas are appreciated....

Nada’s Avatar
Nada Jan 09 272 views

I want to go into journalism but its not that encouraging from the things ive seen. Any advice on how to start from grade 11 to try and make that happen?

I love writing more than anything and I've always wanted to go into something that has to do with it. I have always liked spreading the word on recent events or social issues and I think journalism is the best way to do this. I would really like to pursue it in university but I've heard its...

hermione’s Avatar
hermione Dec 17, 2021 248 views

I'm not sure what sector of work to go into, or what type of jobs to apply to

I'm currently in third year studying economics, which i love however i dont want to go down the path most do with economics because i dont enjoy the maths side as much, which leads me confused on where i should go next #university #economics