Career Questions tagged Neuroscience

Harry S.’s Avatar
Harry S. Aug 20 21 views

Tips for getting Ph.D degree on neuroscience and then becoming a doctor.

Hello, I am currently a high school freshman. I have a strong passion for neuroscience, and I want to get a Ph.D. degree in neuroscience and then to apply for medical school as a licensed doctor, where I am an international student, so I will need also need to take graduate medical programs in...

#medical #doctor #neuroscience #healthcare

Elizabeth O.’s Avatar
Elizabeth O. Jul 06 81 views
Jenny N.’s Avatar
Jenny N. Jul 20, 2018 79 views

What are the perks of being a neuroscientist?

I want to be a neuroscientist and pursue my dreams. I know what university I should go to and what subjectss I should choose and how I’m going to pay for uni. But I really want to know what advantages you’ll get when being a neuroscientist. Please answer. I really appreciate it. #neuroscientist...

#brain-sciences #neuroscience #brain

M A.’s Avatar
M A. Jun 18 70 views

Is neuroscience a required major in labor market?

Where do I work when I graduate ? And how about the job chances in that field? I hope you answer my question and thank you #communication #college #psychology #neuroscience #biology...

#major

Kate F.’s Avatar
Kate F. Mar 12 161 views

Is it worth it to double major in psychology and neuroscience?

Right now, I've declared my major as Psychology (B.S.) and I'm thinking about adding a Neuroscience major. I'm very interested in the biological basis of behavior, down to a cellular/molecular level. However, I know it would take a lot of effort, time and money to declare an additional...

#college-major #neuroscience #employment #major #graduateschool #college #psychology

Destiny W.’s Avatar
Destiny W. Aug 14, 2018 155 views

What’s the best major to pursue in order to become a neurosurgeon

I have little guidance from family members due to their lack of knowledge about college, therefore I’d like to have a better idea of what I’m getting into. I’ve narrowed down the choices to cellular and molecular biology and biomedical sciences. Are either of these two good choices or no? If...

#field #surgery #neuroscience #neurosurgeon #medicine #doctor #majors

Zunarah A.’s Avatar
Zunarah A. Jan 22, 2018 209 views

What careers would be available to an individual interested in neuroscience and political science, two inherently different fields?

I am asking this question because throughout my high school career, I have developed an interest in political science through my involvements at school; however, I am also incredibly fascinated by the nervous system and would love to work in such a versatile field. What would a good middle...

#double-major #political-science #neuroscience

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 30, 2018 265 views

Is neuroscience a good major?

Things you can consider for this specific question... Are there many job opportunities in neuroscience? Is there a lot of room for growth in the field of neuroscience? If you majored in neuroscience, are you happy with your choice of major? I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting...

#brain-sciences #neuroscience #neuro #cognition #brain #healthcare #biology #cognitive-science #psychology

Hannah B.’s Avatar
Hannah B. Jul 15, 2018 145 views

How valuable were internships when seeking careers in Biology/Psychology fields?

I’m interested in neuroscience but not sure to go the Biology or Psychology route. Wondering how internships helped you to decide which direction to go....

#neuroscience

Tory M.’s Avatar
Tory M. Jul 13, 2018 129 views
Charisa E.’s Avatar
Charisa E. May 31, 2018 195 views

Medical Science - Neuroscience, Orthopedics, Hematology and Ophthamology. What should I go for?

I'm personally interested in Medical Science particularly; hematology, opthamology, orthopedics and neuroscience. I've not yet made up my mind on a particular one to go for. How do I know the one to specialise on? #medicine #medical-field #med #neuroscience...

#orthopedics

Reshyra J.’s Avatar
Reshyra J. May 30, 2018 244 views

Cognitive and Behavioral Neuroscience vs. Psychology?

What's the difference between majoring in CBNU vs. Psychology? #psychology...

#neuroscience

Oreoluwa A.’s Avatar
Oreoluwa A. May 27, 2018 180 views

What are things you wish you k ew before going into neuroscince/neurology?

Are there steps you wish you would have taken before stepping into the field of neurology, or things you wish someone would have told you beforehand? #advice #startingacareer #priorknowledge #neurology #neuroscience...

#connections

Hannah S.’s Avatar
Hannah S. May 21, 2018 182 views

Will a minor in Neuroscience help if I want to major in Clinical Psychology and work in a hospital setting?

I want to major in Clinical Psychology and work with children in a hospital setting. Many schools that I am looking at offer minors in neuroscience. This field also fascinates me; would getting a minor in neuroscience benefit me? #psychology #neuroscience...

#minor

Emily M.’s Avatar
Emily M. May 21, 2018 133 views

How can I study abroad with a Neuroscience major?

All of my classes are going to be very science based and I'm not sure how I could fit Studying Abroad into my schedule since the country I want to go to does offer very many science courses through my schools program. #study-abroad...

#neuroscience

Kathryn T.’s Avatar
Kathryn T. May 10, 2018 221 views

What is something you wish you knew going into a neuroscience or psychology program?

I plan to major in neuroscience, and I want to be as prepared for it as I can be. I have been warned that it is a very challenging major and will require a lot of work. That being said, I want to know if there's anything else I should be aware of going into it. #neuroscience...

#psychology

Kathryn T.’s Avatar
Kathryn T. May 10, 2018 198 views

What is the best/worst part of being a neuroscientist?

I'm planning to major in neuroscience, and I'm curious what people think the best part of being a neuroscientist is. However, I am also curious what people think the worst part is, because nothing is perfect. There are always bits people don't like - for anything, not just neuroscience - and...

#neuroscience

Ekeko S.’s Avatar
Ekeko S. May 09, 2018 145 views

Narrowing Down The Areas of Work for a Nueroscientist. What would this be called?

I'm really interested in #neuroscience, and am planning to become a #neuroscientist. I saw somewhere that neuroscientist is a more general term, and that neuroscientists focus on an area, like brain development. I would really just like to make new, breakthrough discoveries about the brain,...

Samantha J.’s Avatar
Samantha J. Jan 16, 2018 167 views

Should I practice as a Neurologist before I go into Neurobio research?

I've talked to multiple professionals and some say its required and others say if you want to do both always start at research. So I'm confused. Because it would change the type of education I need. #research #neuroscience #science...

#biology

Kaitlyn R.’s Avatar
Kaitlyn R. Jan 15, 2018 202 views

What type of job would someone with a cognitive science degree do?

I love cognitive science and plan for that to be my major..but struggle with what type of job I would someday like to do. #cognitive-science #clinical-psychology #cognition #cognitive-psychology...

#neuroscience

Ekeko S.’s Avatar
Ekeko S. Apr 13, 2018 218 views

What is an average day in the life of a neurologist and neuroscientist like?

I am really interested in the #brain, and how it functions, but more importantly want to find new discoveries about it. What is a day in the life of his job like,hand is worth all the school years? #neurology #neurologist #neuroscience...

#neuroscientist

Mikayla C.’s Avatar
Mikayla C. Apr 12, 2018 253 views

How big of a deal is location when it comes to finding a job?

For a current high school student planning to pursue neuroscience in high school, what is the best place in the U.S. to find work after college? Are there any geographic areas in the country that have more need for people in the field? I would especially like to go into research...but we'll see...

#job-search #job #after-college #neuroscience #science #college #work #research #stem

Mikayla C.’s Avatar
Mikayla C. Apr 12, 2018 249 views

It is worth it to keep music in my life as I pursure college and careers?

All throughout k-12 school, music has been a big part of my life. Playing principal clarinet in numerous all-state events and solo contests throughout my high school career has been a big part of my life. However, I am probably going to pursue science in college, and I am wondering if I should...

#physics #clarinet #music #neuroscience #science #double-major #stem

Elisabeth T.’s Avatar
Elisabeth T. Apr 12, 2018 222 views

What is the best way to prepare for studying engineering in graduate school?

I am interested in Computational Neuroscience, and hope to study either Biomedical engineering or electrical engineering in college, along with neuroscience. I want to make sure that I am a good candidate for graduate school (in engineering or computational neuroscience), while still adamantly...

#engineering #neuroscience #gradschool

Sydney S.’s Avatar
Sydney S. Oct 20, 2016 334 views

What are some good colleges for future med students in undergraduate study that have good scholarship options?

I want to go to medical school to be a neurologist, and I am searching for undergrad schools that will lead me in that direction that have good scholarships to offer. #doctor #medical #neuroscience #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care...

#neurology