Career Questions tagged Neuroscience

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Jul 30 66 views

Is it possible to study specific disorders/syndromes in Neuroscience during undergrad years?

I'm really interested in majoring in Neuroscience and have heard about interesting syndromes and disorders like Savant Syndrome. I would love to be able to study this and I'd like to know if I have a chance to do that during my undergrad years. #july20 #neuroscience #college #research #study...

#undergrad

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Jul 19 67 views

What are the best colleges for studying Neuroscience?

I'm a rising senior in high school and really interested in majoring in Neuroscience for college. Any schools strong in this subject? Preferably on the west coast? Thanks! #college #neuroscience #july20...

#biology

Jishnav K.’s Avatar
Jishnav K. Jul 14 114 views

As someone interested in Neuroscience as a possible career, would electrical/electronic engineering be a good major?

Since the body's nervous system uses a series of electrical impulses to relay messages, I feel like this electronic/electrical engineering would be a good discipline to pursue. I could possibly minor in neuroscience, but also have available a wide array of career paths in both engineering...

#electronic #electrical-engineering #neuroscience #brain #medicine #body #engineering

Jishnav K.’s Avatar
Jishnav K. Jul 09 125 views

What is the difference between electrical and electronic engineering? Which will be better for the future?

I am a 11th grade high school student who is interested in neuroscience as well as engineering. Since the body's nervous system uses a variety of electrical impulses to function, I thought what better way to combine the two principle than getting an engineering degree. Now, I am not sure...

#electronic_engineering #electrical-engineering #neuroscience #engineer #engineering

Jishnav K.’s Avatar
Jishnav K. Jul 09 118 views

Should I get a bachelors in Biomedical Engineering? should I go for a more traditional engineering pathway with a minor in biomedical engineering/ neuroscience/ biology? or solely pursue neuroscience?

I am a High school student who is intuitive and drawn to both engineering and the brain. I am currently not sure whether Engineering or neuroscience will be better with me. Upon thorough research I have come to the conclusion that pursuing a bachelors in an engineering principle will provide me...

#neuroscience #biomedical-engineering #engineering

Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Jun 27 169 views

What's the exact difference between a Psychologist, a Psychiatrist and a Neurologist?

I know the gist of the differences between a Psychiatrist and a Psychologist...but it would really help to know the exact differences {including average salary differences} between these three branches. #psychiatry #psychology #counseling #neuroscience #medical #doctor...

#medicine

Charlize M.’s Avatar
Charlize M. Jun 24 153 views

What are some job prospects for a Neuroscience major?

I'm entering college in the fall and planning to major in Neuroscience on a pre-med track. Just in case I don't pursue going to medical school, I was wondering if there are any job prospects for this major, like a back-up plan? In all honesty, I'm fearful that I might pursue the wrong major...

#college #major #technology #medicine #healthcare #college-major #stem #medical #neuroscience #premed #medicalschool

Effie M.’s Avatar
Effie M. Jun 11 275 views

Can I work in comms fields (marketing, pr, etc.) with a Bachelor's in neuroscience?

I'm really intrigued with this subject and riveted to learn more to satisfy my curiosity. However, I can't see myself doing either research based or medical based jobs. I'd like to delve into the creative industry such as Marketing, Advertising and Design. Since there are bootcamps and...

#research #neuroscience #communications #marketing #business

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. May 15 95 views

Are there any established fields in which neuroscience and marine biology mix?

I was previously a marine biology major prior to switching to neuroscience. #marine-biology...

#neuroscience

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. May 15 96 views
Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. May 15 108 views
Makayla H.’s Avatar
Makayla H. May 14 108 views

What are different types of neuroscience careers you can get with an MD?

I am in my last year of undergraduate for a neuroscience major and just started thinking I want to do pre-med. But, I am struggling with what speciality I would wanna do with an in MD related to neuroscience . I am very interested in forensics so like forensic neuropathology (but scared I might...

#doctor #forensic #pre-med #neuropsychology #md #medical #forensicneuropathology #neuroscience #neuropathology #forensicneuropsychology #medical-school

Archana V.’s Avatar
Archana V. Oct 20, 2019 197 views

What can I do now to become a therapist or psychologist?

I am in 9th grade (14 yrs old), and I want to major in psychology or neuroscience in college. What are things I can do know to get into good psychology or neuroscience programs for college. I know that I need good grades, but what are some specific internships or research opportunities I should...

#therapy #neuroscience #psychology #clinical-psychology

Harry S.’s Avatar
Harry S. Aug 20, 2019 115 views

Tips for getting Ph.D degree on neuroscience and then becoming a doctor.

Hello, I am currently a high school freshman. I have a strong passion for neuroscience, and I want to get a Ph.D. degree in neuroscience and then to apply for medical school as a licensed doctor, where I am an international student, so I will need also need to take graduate medical programs in...

#neuroscience #doctor #healthcare #medicine

Elizabeth O.’s Avatar
Elizabeth O. Jul 06, 2019 262 views
Jenny N.’s Avatar
Jenny N. Jul 20, 2018 243 views

What are the perks of being a neuroscientist?

I want to be a neuroscientist and pursue my dreams. I know what university I should go to and what subjectss I should choose and how I’m going to pay for uni. But I really want to know what advantages you’ll get when being a neuroscientist. Please answer. I really appreciate it. #neuroscientist...

#neuroscience #brain #brain-sciences

M A.’s Avatar
M A. Jun 18, 2019 173 views

Is neuroscience a required major in labor market?

Where do I work when I graduate ? And how about the job chances in that field? I hope you answer my question and thank you #communication #college #psychology #neuroscience #biology...

#major

Kate F.’s Avatar
Kate F. Mar 12, 2019 1910 views

Is it worth it to double major in psychology and neuroscience?

Right now, I've declared my major as Psychology (B.S.) and I'm thinking about adding a Neuroscience major. I'm very interested in the biological basis of behavior, down to a cellular/molecular level. However, I know it would take a lot of effort, time and money to declare an additional...

#neuroscience #college #major #graduateschool #college-major #psychology #employment

Destiny W.’s Avatar
Destiny W. Aug 14, 2018 249 views

What’s the best major to pursue in order to become a neurosurgeon

I have little guidance from family members due to their lack of knowledge about college, therefore I’d like to have a better idea of what I’m getting into. I’ve narrowed down the choices to cellular and molecular biology and biomedical sciences. Are either of these two good choices or no? If...

#neuroscience #doctor #field #medicine #majors #neurosurgeon #surgery

Zunarah A.’s Avatar
Zunarah A. Jan 22, 2018 350 views

What careers would be available to an individual interested in neuroscience and political science, two inherently different fields?

I am asking this question because throughout my high school career, I have developed an interest in political science through my involvements at school; however, I am also incredibly fascinated by the nervous system and would love to work in such a versatile field. What would a good middle...

#neuroscience #double-major #political-science