Career Questions tagged Neuroscience

Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Jun 27 81 views

What's the exact difference between a Psychologist, a Psychiatrist and a Neurologist?

I know the gist of the differences between a Psychiatrist and a Psychologist...but it would really help to know the exact differences {including average salary differences} between these three branches. #psychiatry #psychology #counseling #neuroscience #medical #doctor...

#medicine

Charlize M.’s Avatar
Charlize M. Jun 24 69 views

What are some job prospects for a Neuroscience major?

I'm entering college in the fall and planning to major in Neuroscience on a pre-med track. Just in case I don't pursue going to medical school, I was wondering if there are any job prospects for this major, like a back-up plan? In all honesty, I'm fearful that I might pursue the wrong major...

#medical #healthcare #college #college-major #neuroscience #major #premed #medicalschool #stem #technology #medicine

Effie M.’s Avatar
Effie M. Jun 11 201 views

Can I work in comms fields (marketing, pr, etc.) with a Bachelor's in neuroscience?

I'm really intrigued with this subject and riveted to learn more to satisfy my curiosity. However, I can't see myself doing either research based or medical based jobs. I'd like to delve into the creative industry such as Marketing, Advertising and Design. Since there are bootcamps and...

#business #marketing #research #communications #neuroscience

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. May 15 64 views

Are there any established fields in which neuroscience and marine biology mix?

I was previously a marine biology major prior to switching to neuroscience. #marine-biology...

#neuroscience

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. May 15 73 views
Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. May 15 80 views
Makayla H.’s Avatar
Makayla H. May 14 74 views

What are different types of neuroscience careers you can get with an MD?

I am in my last year of undergraduate for a neuroscience major and just started thinking I want to do pre-med. But, I am struggling with what speciality I would wanna do with an in MD related to neuroscience . I am very interested in forensics so like forensic neuropathology (but scared I might...

#medical #md #medical-school #forensicneuropsychology #neuropsychology #doctor #neuroscience #pre-med #neuropathology #forensicneuropathology #forensic

Archana V.’s Avatar
Archana V. Oct 20, 2019 179 views

What can I do now to become a therapist or psychologist?

I am in 9th grade (14 yrs old), and I want to major in psychology or neuroscience in college. What are things I can do know to get into good psychology or neuroscience programs for college. I know that I need good grades, but what are some specific internships or research opportunities I should...

#clinical-psychology #psychology #therapy #neuroscience

Harry S.’s Avatar
Harry S. Aug 20, 2019 93 views

Tips for getting Ph.D degree on neuroscience and then becoming a doctor.

Hello, I am currently a high school freshman. I have a strong passion for neuroscience, and I want to get a Ph.D. degree in neuroscience and then to apply for medical school as a licensed doctor, where I am an international student, so I will need also need to take graduate medical programs in...

#neuroscience #healthcare #doctor #medicine

Elizabeth O.’s Avatar
Elizabeth O. Jul 06, 2019 233 views
Jenny N.’s Avatar
Jenny N. Jul 20, 2018 172 views

What are the perks of being a neuroscientist?

I want to be a neuroscientist and pursue my dreams. I know what university I should go to and what subjectss I should choose and how I’m going to pay for uni. But I really want to know what advantages you’ll get when being a neuroscientist. Please answer. I really appreciate it. #neuroscientist...

#brain #brain-sciences #neuroscience

M A.’s Avatar
M A. Jun 18, 2019 147 views

Is neuroscience a required major in labor market?

Where do I work when I graduate ? And how about the job chances in that field? I hope you answer my question and thank you #communication #college #psychology #neuroscience #biology...

#major

Kate F.’s Avatar
Kate F. Mar 12, 2019 1450 views

Is it worth it to double major in psychology and neuroscience?

Right now, I've declared my major as Psychology (B.S.) and I'm thinking about adding a Neuroscience major. I'm very interested in the biological basis of behavior, down to a cellular/molecular level. However, I know it would take a lot of effort, time and money to declare an additional...

#major #psychology #college #graduateschool #employment #neuroscience #college-major

Destiny W.’s Avatar
Destiny W. Aug 14, 2018 220 views

What’s the best major to pursue in order to become a neurosurgeon

I have little guidance from family members due to their lack of knowledge about college, therefore I’d like to have a better idea of what I’m getting into. I’ve narrowed down the choices to cellular and molecular biology and biomedical sciences. Are either of these two good choices or no? If...

#field #majors #surgery #medicine #doctor #neuroscience #neurosurgeon

Zunarah A.’s Avatar
Zunarah A. Jan 22, 2018 311 views

What careers would be available to an individual interested in neuroscience and political science, two inherently different fields?

I am asking this question because throughout my high school career, I have developed an interest in political science through my involvements at school; however, I am also incredibly fascinated by the nervous system and would love to work in such a versatile field. What would a good middle...

#double-major #neuroscience #political-science

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 30, 2018 1153 views

Is neuroscience a good major?

Things you can consider for this specific question... Are there many job opportunities in neuroscience? Is there a lot of room for growth in the field of neuroscience? If you majored in neuroscience, are you happy with your choice of major? I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting...

#psychology #healthcare #biology #cognitive-science #cognition #neuroscience #brain-sciences #brain #neuro

Hannah B.’s Avatar
Hannah B. Jul 15, 2018 195 views

How valuable were internships when seeking careers in Biology/Psychology fields?

I’m interested in neuroscience but not sure to go the Biology or Psychology route. Wondering how internships helped you to decide which direction to go....

#neuroscience

Tory M.’s Avatar
Tory M. Jul 13, 2018 189 views
Charisa E.’s Avatar
Charisa E. May 31, 2018 261 views

Medical Science - Neuroscience, Orthopedics, Hematology and Ophthamology. What should I go for?

I'm personally interested in Medical Science particularly; hematology, opthamology, orthopedics and neuroscience. I've not yet made up my mind on a particular one to go for. How do I know the one to specialise on? #medicine #medical-field #med #neuroscience...

#orthopedics