Career Questions tagged Ecology

David R.’s Avatar
David R. May 12 163 views

What types of Colleges or Universities offer classes on Environmental science? (Or Environmental science research if possible)

Hey, I'm David. I am 16 years old and am looking for colleges or Universities that focus on research rather than hands on.Environment environmental-science Ecology environmental-services...

research

David R.’s Avatar
David R. May 12 149 views
Belle D.’s Avatar
Belle D. Feb 11, 2020 169 views

What are the steps to become a helper for saving the rainforest?

I love learning about rainforests. I used to make little rainforests and show it to my class. I wanted to learn what the steps for helping the rainforest. I want to help out. rainforest saving helping forestry...

ecology

Ezra C.’s Avatar
Ezra C. Jan 02, 2020 317 views

Wildlife And Ecology Opportunities For High School Students?

What are some routes to get involved in ecology, conservation, wildlife biology veterinary med, etc. as a high school student? I am referring to particular programs rather than general advice. Example: Wild Bird Fund in NYC. Anything (inter)national or based in NYC. conservation ecology...

wildlife

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24, 2019 331 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, will I be accepted for a MS in Ecology ?

I am a US citizen living in Australia, I have been out of school for 2 1/2 years, and I would like to go back to school to earn a masters in Ecology or a related field. I would like to know if this is possible in the USA, but I want to go to school in Central Europe. Would a foreign school in...

germany graduate-school science environmental-science ecology austria europe masters study-abroad

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24, 2019 438 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, will I be accepted for a Master's in Ecology ?

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24, 2019 313 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, can I apply for a Master's in Ecology abroad?

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24, 2019 400 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, can I apply for a Master's in Ecology?

Patricia U.’s Avatar
Patricia U. Jun 10, 2018 394 views

Wildlife Biology or Wildlife Biology with a concentration in Wildlife Rehabilitation?

Next year, I will be transferring to a school and pursuing a Wildlife Biology Bachelor's degree. Originally, the Wildlife Biology degree with a concentration in Wildlife Rehabilitation interested me because I thought the rehabilitation concentration would provide increased skills. My career...

ecology conservation biology veterinary

Patricia U.’s Avatar
Patricia U. Jun 10, 2018 482 views

How to propose to professor ready for research?

Next semester I am transferring to a new school as a junior. After e-mailing two professors about an independent research class, one e-mailed back mentioning that while I have a lot of research experience, students in their first semester are not normally approved to do independent research and...

conservation research college ecology

celeste L.’s Avatar
celeste L. Jan 16, 2018 559 views

What does an enviormentalist exactly do? is it a wide range or a specific job?

Because I want to major in being an environmentalist and a lot of people ask me exactly what I will be doing and I really do not know how to answer that. I just want to major in helping the environment. environmental-services college environmental-science ecology biology environmentalism...

conservation

Christian H.’s Avatar
Christian H. Jan 16, 2018 322 views

Which American universities focus on nutrition in relation to neurobiology?

I am a senior high school student with a several year experience in ecological theory and ecological agriculture. My work has lead me to study how food impacts brain health and development. I already have several mentors, including a neurobiologist, and am looking for more perspectives. I have...

nutrition college ecology neurobiology medicine research biology

Christian H.’s Avatar
Christian H. Jan 16, 2018 517 views

How to manage a double major, specifically in ecology and neurobiology?

As a senior high school student, I have two years of experience in ecology research. Having applied to 15 universities, I have targeted schools with cutting-edge research in ecology and neurobiology and flexible degree plans. I would like a personal perspective on co-managing two majors....

ecology neurology neurobiology neuroscience medicine neurosurgery

Ashley H.’s Avatar
Ashley H. Dec 11, 2017 1040 views

What does the typical day of an environmental scientist look like?

So, I understand that it a very, VERY broad field. But, I am curious as to the range of jobs and daily activities associated with working within the environmental sciences/biology/geology? Thank you! environmental-science biology environmental-geology geology...

ecology

Marica T.’s Avatar
Marica T. May 16, 2016 1632 views

What exactly does it take to obtain a masters degree in Ecology, what should I expect and how long does it take to gain a masters in Ecology?

I'm interested in Ecology, i'm aware that i'd have to go to graduate school but exactly how long. I would like to get a persons perspective that's actually been through the process. biology ecologist science ecology career...

college

Lonita A.’s Avatar
Lonita A. Sep 01, 2017 486 views

What jobs are available for a biology major?

I have always loved studying biology in school. I have actually taken all of the science courses offered to my school i love science so much. Upon speaking to the schools guidance counselor, I found that i truly wanted to major in biology. What jobs would be achievable with a biology major? I...

ecology wildlife-biology

Daniel F.’s Avatar
Daniel F. May 27, 2016 797 views

Will opportunities for civil engineering grow in the near future?

I'm undecided whether to become a civil or mechanical engineer. I know that America, where I live, needs about 3.6 trillion dollars by 2020 to address infrastructure repairs and that the bureau of labor statistics estimates that civil engineers have the highest growth projection (by demand)...

transportation sanitation construction ecology civil-engineering

Hailey  M.’s Avatar
Hailey M. May 05, 2016 595 views

What kind of jobs and careers do people enter after studying conservation biology?

Is it common for people to work for the national parks and government, or is there another source of jobs? biology environment ecology nature-conservation...

habitat-restoration

Mariel O.’s Avatar
Mariel O. May 05, 2016 615 views

Do I have to major in biology to be an ornithologist/zoologist?

I want to be a zoologist, specifically an ornithologist focused on research and conservation. However, I'm not particularly interested in what is going on inside the bird. I understand how that would be important to know, but I don't want my major (i.e. biology) to simply be focused on this....

environmental-services ecology career-counseling career zoology science biology

Ilana N.’s Avatar
Ilana N. May 20, 2016 895 views

The most exciting part of research to me is going out in the field and working with animals and in the environment, but I'm concerned that in my career I'll get stuck analyzing data and not doing field work. Any advice?

I'm going into Ecology & Environmental Biology and I love working with animals on the field and studying animal cognition in the wild or at a sanctuary. However, it seems to me that professionals in biology often spend their time analyzing data in the lab or writing grants, which I would...

animal-work researcher research biology ecologist field-work ecology higher-education

Sedona R.’s Avatar
Sedona R. Oct 29, 2016 701 views

Which college provides the best programs for both science and teaching?

I am interested in both biology and education, so I was wondering which colleges or universities (preferably Northeast) have the best programs for these two careers. science teaching biology education ecology environmental-services evolutionary-biology...

biology-teacher

Sedona R.’s Avatar
Sedona R. Oct 29, 2016 738 views

For those interested in pursuing a career in ecology and evolutionary biology, what types of jobs are available that involve working in the field with real organisms?

I have always been very interested in biology and animals, so when I discovered the ecology and evolutionary biology major at most prestigious schools, I thought it would be perfect! However, I know that I am a very hands on learner who would prefer to be out in the environment as opposed to at...

environment animals evolutionary-biology environmental-services biology field-work ecology animalscience

Lydia H.’s Avatar
Lydia H. Oct 23, 2016 651 views

What does it take to become an ecologist?

I'm considering pursuing this career. environmental-science...

ecology

Darby F.’s Avatar
Darby F. May 27, 2016 643 views

Would a marine biology degree or a marine ecology degree be more beneficial to an aspiring marine biologist?

I want to become a marine biologist. I will be attending Western Washington University. From what I understand, marine ecology tends to be an easier degree to attain, so I planned to get a marine biology degree with the biology department. My dilemma is that Huxley College of the Environment...

conservation-biology marine-biology ecology marine-mammals