What jobs are available for a biology major?

Updated Barry, Illinois

I have always loved studying biology in school. I have actually taken all of the science courses offered to my school i love science so much. Upon speaking to the schools guidance counselor, I found that i truly wanted to major in biology. What jobs would be achievable with a #biology major? I always dreamed of working with animals, but not testing on them. I would love to become a veterinarian but there is a lot of schooling involved there, and i feel as if i would get lost along the way. The specific major I was looking into was Biology with Ecology Concentration, but i have no idea what i would be able to manage with this. #wildlife-biology #ecology

Lonita,

There a ton of careers which a biology degree can prepare you for, all you need to do is think about where you would like to end up.  I focused on wildlife behavior and physiology and worked many years as an aquatic biologist, but that is because I focused as much of my studies on wildlife/ecology courses and research.  A degree in biology can really take you anywhere you want to go, just figure out what you want to end up doing.

Herman’s Answer

Updated California, California
Hi Lonita, There are many careers in Biology. I personally studied Biochemistry and Molecular Biology as my undergraduate degree. I have seen some of my friends become doctors, some vets, and even some who work with microbes that clean up oil in the ocean. Furthermore, I work in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry where I help develop new drugs. I suggest you ask the career advisers/counselors and professors when you are in college. They should be able to give you a lot more information. Best regards, Herman