Career Questions tagged Data

Jimmy T.’s Avatar
Jimmy T. Jul 21 164 views

Is there a place for data science generalists in the job market?

With some introspection these last few months, I found that no one field (e.g, analytics, natural language processing, experimentation, etc) in the data science space really draws me (though all are very interesting in their own way). With that being said, is it frowned upon in the job market...

data career datascience professionaldevelopment

Danielle M.’s Avatar
Danielle M. Apr 22 303 views

What’s a day in the life of a clinical data analyst?

I am a medical technologist looking to get into the field of data analytics, particularly for healthcare and/or clinical research. I am curious what a day in the life of a clinical data analyst is like and what skills you find most important? data analytics clinical...

healthcare

Yazmin P.’s Avatar
Yazmin P. Nov 30, 2020 1885 views

What is the difference between the job of a Data Engineer and a Data analytics ?

I am currently applying to internships, and there are two roles available. These roles seem similar, so I am wondering if there is anyone from the industry that can further explain. Thank you. givingiscaring dataengineering engineering...

data

Angelina C.’s Avatar
Angelina C. Jul 25, 2020 527 views

How did you decide what you wanted to do after college?

I am a rising high school senior who is interested in STEM, and I would like to know more about the possible career paths in this field. career stem careers engineering tech medicine technology chemistry math economics mathematics...

data

Kelly W.’s Avatar
Kelly W. Jul 18, 2020 570 views

I am studying Business Management and digital marketing. I need suggestions whether I should take Masters in Cybersecurity or Data Science?

I do not have a very technical background but I have basic knowledge on HTML and Java. So I am confuse which master degree is best for me? which is more challenging and which has better job prospect and higher salary? Thank you and I hope someone can give me advice:) job masters employment...

dataanalyst technology data salary cybersecurity school coding datascience

Renee W.’s Avatar
Renee W. Mar 13, 2020 600 views

What does a career in data science look like?

I've been hearing a lot about machine learning and data science, it seems interesting. What are the job prospects like? How much money do you make? What type of problems do you work on? datascience data technology career...

datta

Omar D.’s Avatar
Omar D. Nov 08, 2019 341 views
Caitlin P.’s Avatar
Caitlin P. Jul 12, 2018 1479 views

What part of your job do you love the most?

I am an incoming freshman (Undeclared) with interests in Civil Engineering, Environmental Policy, Biostatistics, Data Science, Sociology, Public Health, Entrepreneurship, Product Design, Network Administration, and Financial Analyst & Planning. I am exploring different career possibilities...

sociology network major stem policy financial engineering biostatistics administration business public-health product planning design health undeclared civil data science public analyst environmental entrepreneurship

David M.’s Avatar
David M. May 30, 2019 438 views

What's the best way to study for my college business prerequisites?

Accounting and data analytics seem like very daunting courses. Should I worry? business accounting data analytics...

financial-accounting

Claire Y.’s Avatar
Claire Y. Apr 11, 2019 459 views

I want to be a Data Scientist

I have Maths and French literature double degree. Learning some Python and can do it just for Pandas. Looking for an entry-level job but hard to figure out where to start because there is very few senior data scientist in the field. Almost every company want data people but they don't even know...

data datascience

Hao Jie W.’s Avatar
Hao Jie W. Feb 27, 2019 415 views

How can I start in Data Science?

I haven’t got any technical experience. I studied business administration and management and a master of management and technology of business process. It would be a great achivement for me to learn and understand this field. business computer-science data science python neural...

networks

Albert P.’s Avatar
Albert P. Mar 26, 2018 680 views

What is the difference between data science and machine learning?

I've been looking into data science careers, and I know that it is closely related with machine learning and big data. I'm confused as to what the difference between data science and machine learning is, and also how big data plays in a part in both fields. What exactly is data science and...

big-data data-visualization machine-learning computer-software data data-science data-mining computer-science data-analysis

Albert P.’s Avatar
Albert P. Mar 26, 2018 793 views

What are the best data science courses/nanodegrees I can take online?

I'm currently a third year computer science major, and I've recently discovered a passion for data science and machine learning. I've been trying to learn more about it, and I've found many online resources (Udacity's data analyst, machine learning nano degrees, Stanford's Intro to Machine...

dennis S.’s Avatar
dennis S. Mar 14, 2018 663 views

Where can I get an internship for my intended major of Computer Science and Information?

I really want to pursue a career involving computer information science, specifically artificial intelligence and data analytics. The reason why i’m asking is due to a hard time finding internships I qualify for. artificialintelligence computerscience computerinformation data dataanalytics...

information interships