Career Questions tagged Majors And Minors

Bahara S.’s Avatar
Bahara S. Aug 26 79 views

Will double minor add value to my degree?

I am going to my 4th year of University and majoring in Accounting. I am considering doing a double minor in Finance and International Business. I am concern about double minors. Will double minors add value to my degree? and is it a good minor to choose with my major in Accounting? Need some...

#majors-and-minors #college-minor #academic-advisor

Jinah L.’s Avatar
Jinah L. Jul 19 108 views

Which minor would be most helpful for a job in the fashion industry?

I'm pursuing a major in Economics and want to enter the fashion industry some way in the future. Which major would you recommend? #majors-and-minors #fashion #career...

#minor

Denzel E.’s Avatar
Denzel E. Jul 17 42 views

Double Major vs Major & Minor

I'm hoping to major in Mechanical Engineering as well as Astronomy but I am not sure as to whether I want to do so via double majoring or perhaps having a major in MechE and a minor in Astro. What're the pros and cons to both of these paths? #july20 #double-major...

#majors-and-minors

Brianna M.’s Avatar
Brianna M. Aug 31, 2018 263 views

Is there a way for me to add a minor on the common application?

I’ve managed to get established my psychology major and my interest in pre med, but I don’t know if I can add an art minor or if I should submit a portfolio for my minor. I’m applying to 11 schools and I’d just like to make it clear I intend to be involved at whatever school I attend....

#general #majors-and-minors #college-minor #university

Dorothy Deane D.’s Avatar
Dorothy Deane D. Aug 29, 2018 227 views

Should I choose a minor that is similar or different to my major?

I am a public health major and I'm not sure if I should choose a minor that is health/science related or something completely different to widen my area of study. #choosing-a-minor #majors-and-minors...

Tatiana R.’s Avatar
Tatiana R. Aug 27, 2018 207 views

How do I start studying my minor?

I am currently at a community college (Valencia) studying for a major in architecture and after earning my AA will transfer to a university (University of Central Florida). Could I start taking classes toward a minor or would I have to wait til I transfer to a university? #majors-and-minors...

#university

Mia S.’s Avatar
Mia S. Aug 21, 2018 234 views

Is it smart to major and minor or just focus on a major?

Is it a good idea to both major and minor or is it better to just focus on your major? # #majors-and-minors #co #college-major #choosing-a-major...

#major

Chrishayla R.’s Avatar
Chrishayla R. Aug 15, 2018 231 views

Would it be a good idea to minor in business with a Clinical Laboratory Sciences major?

I just recently changed my major to Clinical Laboratory Sciences and I would like to pursue my own business as well. #majors-and-minors # #major #business...

#clinical

Camryn C.’s Avatar
Camryn C. Aug 14, 2018 220 views

What would be a beneficial minor next to a psychology major?

I want to be a child psychologist one day, but some schools I plan to apply for require a minor. I want to be able to help individuals and have thought about opening a mental health store. This makes me wonder if business might be a good minor. #university #psychology #majors-and-minors...

#mental-health-counseling

Elaina B.’s Avatar
Elaina B. Jul 19, 2018 261 views

What advice do you have for someone who fears changing majors but is scared to continue in the major they have selected?

I am going to begin my first year at Grand Canyon University in the fall. I was accepted into the Nursing program earlier in the year, but as time has passed I fear I don't have what it takes to be a Nurse. What should I do? #college...

#majors-and-minors

Maria S.’s Avatar
Maria S. Jul 18, 2018 291 views

What is better-to have a double major or a major and a minor?

What would look better to an employer and which is less hectic? #majors-and-minors #doublemajor...

#minor

Gabriel S.’s Avatar
Gabriel S. May 28, 2018 327 views

What minor would you recommend to go along with a major in English?

I plan on majoring in English and I would like to eventually become a novelist. I have strongly considered doing a Creative Writing minor but have not decided yet...

#majors-and-minors

Jaelen J.’s Avatar
Jaelen J. May 22, 2018 318 views

Should I purse a minor?

I was considering a minor for my school resume, and I was wondering what is the best suited minor for an exercise science major as I apply myself forward through college? #majors-and-minors #school #college-minor #college #minor #resume...

#science-major

Mason H.’s Avatar
Mason H. May 21, 2018 233 views

What is the best minor to have with Computer Science as a major

While my career choice would be to become a video game programmer, I'm open to suggestions that would benefit other programming fields as well. Also, I would be interested to know what kind of minors that companies have an eye for in programming jobs in general....

#majors-and-minors

Jazmin L.’s Avatar
Jazmin L. Apr 08, 2018 331 views

Should I choose a minor that is easily utilized if my major is specific to a certain field?

I would like to major in conservation biology or wildlife biology, but it seems like a very difficult field to become employed in, and I was planning on minoring in psychology because I am interested in behavior and thought it would compliment a biology degree. However, would it be better to...

#choosing-a-major #choosing-a-minor #majors-and-minors #wildlife-biology #liberal-arts #interests #conservation #business #choosing-a-career #psychology #marketing #choosing-major