Career Questions tagged Majors And Minors

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Sep 13 65 views

What is a good minor to pair with an Accounting major?

The only minors that I can think of are business administration, economics, management, finance, etc. Are there any outside of the business world that would complement accounting? Like technology, data analyzing, law, etc.

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Sep 05 95 views

What majors complement an accounting minor?

Specifically, degrees other than business administration. Would software engineering/systems analyst be an option? I could work on accounting software/automating repetitious parts of accounting. I'm open to ANY suggestions!

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Jul 31 115 views

What is the best major to pair with an astronomy minor?

My younger sister LOVES astronomy, and I think an astronomy minor would be a fun option for her.

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Jul 27 130 views

What are the best minors to pair with a math degree?

I've heard that tech and finance are good choices. If its tech, then what specific tech area is preferable? Are there any business minors would make a good choice? Are there other minors that would be good options?

Laweska’s Avatar
Laweska Jun 23, 2021 216 views

If I want to get into the Forensic Psychology field, what should I consider for my major and minor? I was thinking Psychology major and criminology minor or viceversa... I know your minor do not have to be related to your major, however, I don't know what to choose.

#ForensicPsychology #Criminology #majors-and-minors

sarah’s Avatar
sarah Jan 27, 2021 360 views

I want to go into an international studies major what's a good minor to pair with that?

I want to help out in the humaitarian feild as much as possible. I love travel and hope to be able to do that all my life. I know only a little French but don't know if I want to minor in a language. I will be doing a business module with the IS major. I love writing which makes me consider...

Laniya’s Avatar
Laniya Nov 18, 2020 782 views

Is an economics minor useful? For those who have that minor or have employees that minor in economics, has it impacted your career and how?

I am a freshman International Business major. #college-minor #majors-and-minors #academic-advising #majors #GivingisCaring

Bahara’s Avatar
Bahara Aug 26, 2020 794 views

Will double minor add value to my degree?

I am going to my 4th year of University and majoring in Accounting. I am considering doing a double minor in Finance and International Business. I am concern about double minors. Will double minors add value to my degree? and is it a good minor to choose with my major in Accounting? Need some...

Zemira’s Avatar
Zemira Aug 23, 2020 241 views

How do you know which minor to choose for college? If I do decide to major in nursing, how should I go about choosing my minor?

#majors-and-minors #majors

Zemira’s Avatar
Zemira Aug 20, 2020 345 views

If I choose to do a double major or a major and minor while studying nursing, what would be the benefits?

#majors-and-minors #majors #college-minor

Sylvia’s Avatar
Sylvia Jul 30, 2020 286 views

If I am interested in two different majors, is it better to double major or have a major and a minor? What are the pros and cons of each option?

#choosing-a-major #majors-and-minors #double-major #JULY20

Jinah’s Avatar
Jinah Jul 19, 2020 2294 views

Which minor would be most helpful for a job in the fashion industry?

I'm pursuing a major in Economics and want to enter the fashion industry some way in the future. Which major would you recommend?
#majors-and-minors #fashion #career #minor

Denzel’s Avatar
Denzel Jul 17, 2020 242 views

Double Major vs Major & Minor

I'm hoping to major in Mechanical Engineering as well as Astronomy but I am not sure as to whether I want to do so via double majoring or perhaps having a major in MechE and a minor in Astro. What're the pros and cons to both of these paths? #JULY20 #double-major #majors-and-minors

Brianna’s Avatar
Brianna Aug 31, 2018 445 views

Is there a way for me to add a minor on the common application?

I’ve managed to get established my psychology major and my interest in pre med, but I don’t know if I can add an art minor or if I should submit a portfolio for my minor. I’m applying to 11 schools and I’d just like to make it clear I intend to be involved at whatever school I attend....

Dorothy Deane’s Avatar
Dorothy Deane Aug 29, 2018 374 views

Should I choose a minor that is similar or different to my major?

I am a public health major and I'm not sure if I should choose a minor that is health/science related or something completely different to widen my area of study.

#choosing-a-minor #majors-and-minors #college

Valeria’s Avatar
Valeria Aug 27, 2018 460 views

Is it better to have a major and a minor or just a major?

#majors #majors-and-minors #choosing-a-major

Tatiana’s Avatar
Tatiana Aug 27, 2018 363 views

How do I start studying my minor?

I am currently at a community college (Valencia) studying for a major in architecture and after earning my AA will transfer to a university (University of Central Florida). Could I start taking classes toward a minor or would I have to wait til I transfer to a university? #majors-and-minors...

Amoni’s Avatar
Amoni Aug 25, 2018 724 views

I am an interior design major and I would like to know what should I minor in that would compliment my major?

#major #minor #interiordesign #double-major #majors-and-minors

Laniece’s Avatar
Laniece Aug 24, 2018 569 views

Is there a way I can pursue a Biology major while also pursuing a minor in International Studies?

#majors #majors-and-minors #college-major #college-minor #biology#international studies

Mia’s Avatar
Mia Aug 21, 2018 423 views

Is it smart to major and minor or just focus on a major?

Is it a good idea to both major and minor or is it better to just focus on your major? # #majors-and-minors #co #college-major #choosing-a-major #major

Chrishayla’s Avatar
Chrishayla Aug 15, 2018 443 views

Would it be a good idea to minor in business with a Clinical Laboratory Sciences major?

I just recently changed my major to Clinical Laboratory Sciences and I would like to pursue my own business as well.
#majors-and-minors # #major #business #clinical

Lubna’s Avatar
Lubna Aug 15, 2018 303 views

If I’m going to study business administration, is computer science a good minor to compliment that major?

#majors-and-minors

Camryn’s Avatar
Camryn Aug 14, 2018 430 views

What would be a beneficial minor next to a psychology major?

I want to be a child psychologist one day, but some schools I plan to apply for require a minor. I want to be able to help individuals and have thought about opening a mental health store. This makes me wonder if business might be a good minor. #university #psychology #majors-and-minors...

Catherine’s Avatar
Catherine Aug 12, 2018 374 views

Is going to a junior college then tranferring to a university logical?

#majors-and-minors #nervous-for-the-future #help #university

katherine’s Avatar
katherine Aug 12, 2018 390 views

If I decide to change my major, would I lose some of my scholarships?

#college-majors #majors-and-minors

Elaina’s Avatar
Elaina Jul 19, 2018 423 views

What advice do you have for someone who fears changing majors but is scared to continue in the major they have selected?

I am going to begin my first year at Grand Canyon University in the fall. I was accepted into the Nursing program earlier in the year, but as time has passed I fear I don't have what it takes to be a Nurse. What should I do? #college #majors-and-minors

Maria’s Avatar
Maria Jul 18, 2018 538 views

What is better-to have a double major or a major and a minor?

What would look better to an employer and which is less hectic? #majors-and-minors
#doublemajor #minor

Gabriel’s Avatar
Gabriel May 28, 2018 472 views

What minor would you recommend to go along with a major in English?

I plan on majoring in English and I would like to eventually become a novelist. I have strongly considered doing a Creative Writing minor but have not decided yet #majors-and-minors

Teya’s Avatar
Teya May 24, 2018 377 views

What advise do you have for balancing a Marine biology major with a Spanish minor that allows me the immersion I want in that culture without compromising my learning?

#majors-and-minors

Jaelen’s Avatar
Jaelen May 22, 2018 578 views

Should I purse a minor?

I was considering a minor for my school resume, and I was wondering what is the best suited minor for an exercise science major as I apply myself forward through college?
#majors-and-minors #school #college-minor #college #minor #resume #science-major