Career Questions tagged Majors And Minors

Brianna M.’s Avatar
Brianna M. Aug 31, 2018 137 views

Is there a way for me to add a minor on the common application?

I’ve managed to get established my psychology major and my interest in pre med, but I don’t know if I can add an art minor or if I should submit a portfolio for my minor. I’m applying to 11 schools and I’d just like to make it clear I intend to be involved at whatever school I attend....

#majors-and-minors #general #college-minor #university

Dorothy Deane D.’s Avatar
Dorothy Deane D. Aug 29, 2018 130 views

Should I choose a minor that is similar or different to my major?

I am a public health major and I'm not sure if I should choose a minor that is health/science related or something completely different to widen my area of study. #choosing-a-minor #majors-and-minors...

Valeria G.’s Avatar
Valeria G. Aug 27, 2018 169 views
Tatiana R.’s Avatar
Tatiana R. Aug 27, 2018 137 views

How do I start studying my minor?

I am currently at a community college (Valencia) studying for a major in architecture and after earning my AA will transfer to a university (University of Central Florida). Could I start taking classes toward a minor or would I have to wait til I transfer to a university? #majors-and-minors...

#university

Laniece W.’s Avatar
Laniece W. Aug 24, 2018 208 views
Mia S.’s Avatar
Mia S. Aug 21, 2018 138 views

Is it smart to major and minor or just focus on a major?

Is it a good idea to both major and minor or is it better to just focus on your major? # #majors-and-minors #co #college-major #choosing-a-major...

#major

Chrishayla R.’s Avatar
Chrishayla R. Aug 15, 2018 137 views

Would it be a good idea to minor in business with a Clinical Laboratory Sciences major?

I just recently changed my major to Clinical Laboratory Sciences and I would like to pursue my own business as well. #majors-and-minors # #major #business...

#clinical

Camryn C.’s Avatar
Camryn C. Aug 14, 2018 137 views

What would be a beneficial minor next to a psychology major?

I want to be a child psychologist one day, but some schools I plan to apply for require a minor. I want to be able to help individuals and have thought about opening a mental health store. This makes me wonder if business might be a good minor. #university #psychology #majors-and-minors...

#mental-health-counseling

katherine R.’s Avatar
katherine R. Aug 12, 2018 133 views
Elaina B.’s Avatar
Elaina B. Jul 19, 2018 181 views

What advice do you have for someone who fears changing majors but is scared to continue in the major they have selected?

I am going to begin my first year at Grand Canyon University in the fall. I was accepted into the Nursing program earlier in the year, but as time has passed I fear I don't have what it takes to be a Nurse. What should I do? #college...

#majors-and-minors

Maria S.’s Avatar
Maria S. Jul 18, 2018 177 views

What is better-to have a double major or a major and a minor?

What would look better to an employer and which is less hectic? #majors-and-minors #doublemajor...

#minor

Gabriel S.’s Avatar
Gabriel S. May 28, 2018 214 views

What minor would you recommend to go along with a major in English?

I plan on majoring in English and I would like to eventually become a novelist. I have strongly considered doing a Creative Writing minor but have not decided yet...

#majors-and-minors

Jaelen J.’s Avatar
Jaelen J. May 22, 2018 216 views

Should I purse a minor?

I was considering a minor for my school resume, and I was wondering what is the best suited minor for an exercise science major as I apply myself forward through college? #majors-and-minors #school #college-minor #college #minor #resume...

#science-major

Mason H.’s Avatar
Mason H. May 21, 2018 170 views

What is the best minor to have with Computer Science as a major

While my career choice would be to become a video game programmer, I'm open to suggestions that would benefit other programming fields as well. Also, I would be interested to know what kind of minors that companies have an eye for in programming jobs in general....

#majors-and-minors

Jazmin L.’s Avatar
Jazmin L. Apr 08, 2018 236 views

Should I choose a minor that is easily utilized if my major is specific to a certain field?

I would like to major in conservation biology or wildlife biology, but it seems like a very difficult field to become employed in, and I was planning on minoring in psychology because I am interested in behavior and thought it would compliment a biology degree. However, would it be better to...

#choosing-a-major #wildlife-biology #liberal-arts #psychology #interests #conservation #choosing-major #marketing #majors-and-minors #choosing-a-career #business #choosing-a-minor

Abigail C.’s Avatar
Abigail C. Apr 08, 2018 245 views

What of my interests would be worth making minors/majors on my planned degree in environmental engineering?

I plan to get a degree in environmental engineering, but I also love biology, chemistry, biochemistry, and non-science-related Spanish. Would it be too difficult, expensive, or otherwise to add any of those as a second major and/or have the remaining be minors? Especially in the case of...

#degree #chemistry #college-major #career-path-planning #degrees #career-path #major #biology #biochemistry #minors #majors-and-minors #college-majors

Audra M.’s Avatar
Audra M. Mar 14, 2018 720 views

What minor should I choose with a master's in architecture?

I plan to major in architecture and was wondering what minors would go along with architecture. I plan to become a certified architect and have my own firm. I know business would be a good minor, but are there any others? #architect #architecture #architecture-and-planning #college-minor...

#majors-and-minors #double-minor

Joy Z.’s Avatar
Joy Z. Jan 25, 2018 230 views
Sara M.’s Avatar
Sara M. Jan 19, 2018 182 views

How much does your college major effect your future?

Would your future employers judge you based on what your bachelors degree says ?...

#majors-and-minors

Mahalet A.’s Avatar
Mahalet A. Jan 17, 2018 235 views

Is Forensic Sciences considered to be a minor?

I am aiming to study Criminal Justice as a major, but I want to include Forensic Sciences in my studies. Will Forensics be included in Criminal Justice or is it offered as a minor course? #forensic-science #criminal-justice #criminology #college-major #majors-and-minors...

#forensic

Jill A.’s Avatar
Jill A. Oct 22, 2017 447 views

What should I second major/minor in that will be helpful for a marketing major?

I need to choose 2 minors that will compliment my marketing major. The ones I am leaning towards to is either finance, psychology or statistics. Which one should I choose? My other option is to do a second major but marketing is really the only career I see myself in. #marketing #university...

#double-major #college-minor #college-major #marketers #psychology #major #finance #majors-and-minors #college-majors #statistics

Gus H.’s Avatar
Gus H. Oct 12, 2017 403 views

As someone who plans on majoring in music performance in college, what should I minor or double major in?

I am well aware of the fact that its going to be a struggle once I get into the world as a musician, so I am exploring other options to do in addition to music performance. Ideally, I would like to do something that is somehow connected to music, like audio engineering etc, but I wanted to see...

#college-minor #majors #choosing-a-major #music-education #college-major #audio-engineering #majors-and-minors #college-majors #music #music-performance

Viola S.’s Avatar
Viola S. Sep 01, 2017 390 views

Is psychology useful?

Since I hope to become a pediatric intensivist after graduating from med school, I already know that However, I am very interested in psychology and was wondering if it would help me in my field? In addition, if it is indeed useful, then should I get a major or minor in it because my GPA must...

#college #college-major #icu #medical-school #minor #picu #majors-and-minors #medical-education #intensive-care-unit #double-major #college-minor #science #pediatrics #intensive-care-nursing #psychology #doctor #er-doctor #medicine

Jack R.’s Avatar
Jack R. May 18, 2017 445 views

College? Minors, Majors, and coursework?

I know I may be a little young (ninth grader here) to be asking such a question, but I am curious as to how college really "works". I would love to attend a specific college and I'm going to make sure my grades are good for it, but I wouldn't know what to do after graduating and going off to...

#gender-studies #college-minors #prerequisites #masters-degree #majors-and-minors #college-majors #sexuality

Galina B.’s Avatar
Galina B. Apr 14, 2017 1131 views

Do colleges allow you to create your own major or minor if they do not offer the one you want?

I am thinking about minoring in statistics but that minor is not listed on my college's website. Do some colleges allow students to create their own minor using classes that the school offers? Does it vary depending on the college? #college #college-major...

#majors-and-minors