Career Questions tagged Minor

Armando O.’s Avatar
Armando O. Oct 04, 2019 78 views

How beneficial would a minor in Mathematics be as a Mechanical Engineering major?

I'm a junior currently attending Astate CQ and I wanted to get some advice about minoring in math or maybe even in business. I would like to know in what direction would I be heading towards having these types of minors. Also, how should I chose between those minors or should I also open up to...

#mathematics #math #minor #engineering #major #mechanical-engineer #college-major

Monica G.’s Avatar
Monica G. Sep 27, 2018 210 views

Would it be more beneficial to obtain a minor or double major?

I am a currently biochemistry student and I am very indecisive in my career path. I want to ultimately research and help in the process of creating medicines and treatments to disorders, but I also want to study genetics and cancer stem research. So, I have decided to either undertake a minor...

#double-major #molecular #major #biology #college-major #genetics #college #science #minor

Maria S.’s Avatar
Maria S. Jul 18, 2018 214 views

What is better-to have a double major or a major and a minor?

What would look better to an employer and which is less hectic? #majors-and-minors #doublemajor...

#minor

Matthew M.’s Avatar
Matthew M. Jul 10, 2018 205 views

E-sports team

I will be playing on the E-sports team in college. My major is Psychology. Is there a minor that would be helpful to me if I decide to pursue it as a career goal? #e-sports #psychology #major...

#minor

Shayna S.’s Avatar
Shayna S. Jun 10, 2018 248 views

To be a Dietician, what certificates or degrees do you need?

I am interested the the field of pharmacy and lifestyle management/ nutrition. I want to combine pharmacy with nutrition in my future career. I am graduating undergraduate early so technically I will not have a major. I could get a healthy lifestyle management minor in undergraduate or look at...

#management #healthadvocate #major #healthcare #lifestyle #foodscience #minor #earlyassurance #creighton #healthy #dietician #nutrition #pharmacist #pharmacy #registereddietician #healthylifestyle #certificate

Jaelen J.’s Avatar
Jaelen J. May 22, 2018 250 views

Should I purse a minor?

I was considering a minor for my school resume, and I was wondering what is the best suited minor for an exercise science major as I apply myself forward through college? #majors-and-minors #school #college-minor #college #minor #resume...

#science-major

Hannah S.’s Avatar
Hannah S. May 21, 2018 237 views

Will a minor in Neuroscience help if I want to major in Clinical Psychology and work in a hospital setting?

I want to major in Clinical Psychology and work with children in a hospital setting. Many schools that I am looking at offer minors in neuroscience. This field also fascinates me; would getting a minor in neuroscience benefit me? #psychology #neuroscience...

#minor

Isha T.’s Avatar
Isha T. May 20, 2018 217 views

What's it like doing a theatre minor?

I'm an engineering major and I've recently realized that I really miss being involved in theatre - I used to do the plays in high school. I'm considering doing a theatre minor, but I don't know if it's going to do me any good since my career is probably not going to be related to theatre at...

#minor #engineering #theatre #college-minor #theatre-minor

Nata J.’s Avatar
Nata J. May 01, 2018 311 views

Should I double major?

I'm interested in Business Administration but I'm also interested in Marketing and Public Relations. They have many similar (or even same courses.) What should I do? Double major or minor? #majors #minor #college #marketing...

#women-in-business

Zander W.’s Avatar
Zander W. Apr 18, 2018 186 views

Is it better to have a double major or 1 major with several minors?

For your areas of interest, how do you plan to manage your areas of study? I know some students with a double major and 4 minors. Is this the expectation? The new standard that we have to compete with? Or is this what works for a percentage of our peers? What combination of major & minor...

#class-selection #major #graduate-in-4-years #career #career-path #minor #career-choice #choose-your-major

Teleola A.’s Avatar
Teleola A. Jan 26, 2018 233 views

Deciding a minor

I'm in my first year of university and I recently decide that I'd like to minor in a different program from the one I'm in. But how do you decide a minor? Should it be based on your interests? Or based on a possible career path thats different from the one your'e currently on? #minor...

#college #university #college-major #business

Viola S.’s Avatar
Viola S. Sep 01, 2017 407 views

Is psychology useful?

Since I hope to become a pediatric intensivist after graduating from med school, I already know that However, I am very interested in psychology and was wondering if it would help me in my field? In addition, if it is indeed useful, then should I get a major or minor in it because my GPA must...

#doctor #double-major #medicine #majors-and-minors #college-major #college #psychology #medical-education #minor #college-minor #picu #pediatrics #icu #er-doctor #science #medical-school #intensive-care-unit #intensive-care-nursing

Kiran F.’s Avatar
Kiran F. Feb 25, 2017 527 views

Can we do minor in any subject after graduating high school?

I want to learn programing but I don't want to do 4 year becholar degree in computer please suggest me #computer-software #majors-and-minors #minor #20...

#college-minors

Jackie G.’s Avatar
Jackie G. Jan 30, 2017 5667 views

Can you attend a college for a 'minor' without having a major?

What if you already have a major at another college, can you attend a separate college to get a minor? #college #college-major...

#minor

Rachel B.’s Avatar
Rachel B. Dec 05, 2016 1989 views

What would be a good minor to go with a biology major?

Should I minor in a field that is different from biology? Or would it be beneficial to minor in a related field? #college #science #biology #major...

#minor

Kyle Y.’s Avatar
Kyle Y. Nov 09, 2016 751 views

What was your undergraduate major, and why did you choose it?

I ask this question because not everyone gets a job in their field of study. This question is for those who do not know what they want to study, and are looking for someone who was in a similar situation. A lot of people don't know what to study when they get to college, so did your major play...

#college #mba #field #minor #major #job