Career Questions tagged Minor

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Sep 13 71 views

What is a good minor to pair with an Accounting major?

The only minors that I can think of are business administration, economics, management, finance, etc. Are there any outside of the business world that would complement accounting? Like technology, data analyzing, law, etc.

Izabel’s Avatar
Izabel Feb 10 226 views

How should I study in college to become a wildlife conservationist who tracks animals and writes articles on them?

#animals #college #career #major #minor #wildlife #conservation

Izabel’s Avatar
Izabel Feb 10 225 views

My dream careers are centered around wildlife rehabilitation and conservation. However, I am not sure what the best majors and minors are for this field (environmental science, biology, wildlife conservation, etc.). Has anyone had this same experience? Can anyone who has these careers give me advice for what to major and minor in?

#biology #career #science #major #environmental #wildlife #conservation #job #minor

Aniya’s Avatar
Aniya Aug 10, 2021 258 views

Should I do a dual degree or a double minor?

I'm a freshman in college. At the moment, I am majoring in information systems. I'm thinking of a future career in data science, more specifically as a data scientist. Though, as a freshman, this is subject to change. I was thinking of doing a dual degree in data science. But another option is...

Lainey’s Avatar
Lainey Dec 12, 2020 586 views

What colleges have the best marketing programs? US or International

I'm not sure what branch of marketing I will go into but I'm thinking about digital, social media, and/or content marketing. I also love the idea of becoming an entrepreneur, but I'm not sure if that should play a role in my college decisions. #general #social-media #college #university #major...

Laniya’s Avatar
Laniya Nov 30, 2020 338 views

What are some occupations for an International Business major Economics minor? Is this a degree a waste?

I chose International Business and Economics because I am interested in business and politics and wanted degree that could be useful in both, but the more I look for jobs in business, the less value I see in my choice. I am still a freshman so I have time to change it. #business...

Olivia’s Avatar
Olivia Nov 18, 2020 265 views

What is it like to be a music minor?

I’m not sure how common this is, but I would like to minor in music. This is primarily for my own enjoyment and to take advantage of my time in college for structured growth in a hobby I love. What classes and assignments do you get? What is a typically day or week like? #GivingisCaring #music...

Bahara’s Avatar
Bahara Aug 26, 2020 340 views

MINOR RECOMMENDATION WITH ACCOUNTING MAJOR

Hello, I am majoring in Accounting and wanted to a major on the side as well. My University offers a variety of minors and I have listed down the ones I am most interested in: - Innovation and Entrepreneurship - Finance - International Business Any recommendations on which minor would be...

Aleksandra’s Avatar
Aleksandra Jul 29, 2020 330 views

What kinds of electives would you recommend for a premed student?

I already have a major and minor, but there is still space in my schedule for about 3-4 elective courses. I'd particularly like suggestions about humanities courses, since the majority of my schedule is hard science. Thank you! #electives #premed #medschool #physician #minor

Jinah’s Avatar
Jinah Jul 19, 2020 2310 views

Which minor would be most helpful for a job in the fashion industry?

I'm pursuing a major in Economics and want to enter the fashion industry some way in the future. Which major would you recommend?
#majors-and-minors #fashion #career #minor

Ashley’s Avatar
Ashley May 26, 2020 1589 views

Is it worth it to minor in something you find interest in?

I am doing a Math-Computer Science degree at UCSD. I know most of my courses will consist of difficult math and CS courses but I find engineering very interesting as well. I wanted to minor in engineering for my own personal interest so I could learn more about it. And if I really enjoy it,...

Ashley’s Avatar
Ashley May 22, 2020 1302 views

Are joint majors beneficial or is it better to have a singular major and a minor?

To people who have/had joint majors: Did you fell less competitive when applying for jobs or internships against people who have a single major? What is your joint major and how has it helped you career wise? For employers/recruiters (if applicable): Do you prefer people with joint majors or...

Armando’s Avatar
Armando Oct 04, 2019 1592 views

How beneficial would a minor in Mathematics be as a Mechanical Engineering major?

I'm a junior currently attending Astate CQ and I wanted to get some advice about minoring in math or maybe even in business. I would like to know in what direction would I be heading towards having these types of minors. Also, how should I chose between those minors or should I also open up to...

Alyssa’s Avatar
Alyssa Aug 25, 2019 575 views

I want to pursue both acting and law, but I don’t know whether to major in both or to take one of them as a minor? And what universities even offer both? I really like Yale and I’m willing to work hard to get there, but as far as I know they don’t offer acting classes.

#college #law #acting #college-major #twomajors #minor

Angel’s Avatar
Angel Apr 28, 2019 458 views

I dunno what to major in art history, graphic design or communication. I really wanna be an art director but I dont want to drop either of the 3 subjects. What's more worth? Which subjects should I major and which should I minor? And does minoring also worth as much as majoring when you apply for jobs? And how expensive is it to minor 2?

#college #advice #major #minor #communication #media #communication #art #arthistory #grqphicdesign #university #fine-att #college-major #college-minor #design #college-minor #college-major

Angel’s Avatar
Angel Apr 28, 2019 350 views

#college #advice #major #minor #communication #media #communication #art #arthistory #grqphicdesign #university #fine-att #college-major #college-minor #design #college-minor

Angel’s Avatar
Angel Feb 04, 2019 552 views

Hey, I'm planning on either majoring international relation, communication or English. But right now im in a crisis. Idk what I should major and which I should minor. But I want to do all 3. Or does anyone have a good suggestion to major in a field that is related to the above 3? And what are the most affordable colleges that do not require maths for entrance ? If anyone could answer me it'll be great!

#internationalrelations #humanities #college #english #major #minor #communication #dunnowhattodo #advice #internationalstudies #liberalarts #languages #college-major #arts

Paige’s Avatar
Paige Oct 29, 2018 760 views

What is a good minor for someone who wants to major in Emergency Medical Technician?

#EMT #major #college-major #medicine #healthcare #minor

Monica’s Avatar
Monica Sep 27, 2018 497 views

Would it be more beneficial to obtain a minor or double major?

I am a currently biochemistry student and I am very indecisive in my career path. I want to ultimately research and help in the process of creating medicines and treatments to disorders, but I also want to study genetics and cancer stem research. So, I have decided to either undertake a minor...

Amoni’s Avatar
Amoni Aug 25, 2018 729 views

I am an interior design major and I would like to know what should I minor in that would compliment my major?

#major #minor #interiordesign #double-major #majors-and-minors

Maria’s Avatar
Maria Jul 18, 2018 541 views

What is better-to have a double major or a major and a minor?

What would look better to an employer and which is less hectic? #majors-and-minors
#doublemajor #minor

Matthew’s Avatar
Matthew Jul 10, 2018 470 views

E-sports team

I will be playing on the E-sports team in college. My major is Psychology. Is there a minor that would be helpful to me if I decide to pursue it as a career goal? #E-sports #psychology #major #minor

Olivia’s Avatar
Olivia Jun 27, 2018 428 views

What minor would be beneficial to pair with pediatric neuropsychology?

#clinical #neuropsych #minor #psychology #neuropsychology #pediatrics #neuroscience

Shayna’s Avatar
Shayna Jun 10, 2018 608 views

To be a Dietician, what certificates or degrees do you need?

I am interested the the field of pharmacy and lifestyle management/ nutrition. I want to combine pharmacy with nutrition in my future career. I am graduating undergraduate early so technically I will not have a major. I could get a healthy lifestyle management minor in undergraduate or look at...

Jaelen’s Avatar
Jaelen May 22, 2018 579 views

Should I purse a minor?

I was considering a minor for my school resume, and I was wondering what is the best suited minor for an exercise science major as I apply myself forward through college?
#majors-and-minors #school #college-minor #college #minor #resume #science-major

Hannah’s Avatar
Hannah May 21, 2018 567 views

Will a minor in Neuroscience help if I want to major in Clinical Psychology and work in a hospital setting?

I want to major in Clinical Psychology and work with children in a hospital setting. Many schools that I am looking at offer minors in neuroscience. This field also fascinates me; would getting a minor in neuroscience benefit me? #psychology #neuroscience #minor

Isha’s Avatar
Isha May 20, 2018 543 views

What's it like doing a theatre minor?

I'm an engineering major and I've recently realized that I really miss being involved in theatre - I used to do the plays in high school. I'm considering doing a theatre minor, but I don't know if it's going to do me any good since my career is probably not going to be related to theatre at...

Nata’s Avatar
Nata May 01, 2018 578 views

Should I double major?

I'm interested in Business Administration but I'm also interested in Marketing and Public Relations. They have many similar (or even same courses.) What should I do? Double major or minor? #majors #minor #college #marketing #women-in-business

Zander’s Avatar
Zander Apr 18, 2018 408 views

Is it better to have a double major or 1 major with several minors?

For your areas of interest, how do you plan to manage your areas of study? I know some students with a double major and 4 minors. Is this the expectation? The new standard that we have to compete with? Or is this what works for a percentage of our peers? What combination of major & minor...

Mireia’s Avatar
Mireia Jan 27, 2018 784 views

What is the difference between a B.A. and a B.S.?

What's the difference and does it matter when choosing a career? #college #college-major #minor #college-minor #major #majors #bachelorsdegree #science #art #higher-education #career #jobs #college-selection #college-advice #college-bound #degrees #changing-careers #career-path...