Career Questions tagged Minor

Lainey W.’s Avatar
Lainey W. Dec 12, 2020 219 views

What colleges have the best marketing programs? US or International

I'm not sure what branch of marketing I will go into but I'm thinking about digital, social media, and/or content marketing. I also love the idea of becoming an entrepreneur, but I'm not sure if that should play a role in my college decisions. #general #social-media #college #university #major...

#minor #majors #entrepreneur #tips #entrepreneurship #business #highschool

Laniya W.’s Avatar
Laniya W. Nov 30, 2020 111 views

What are some occupations for an International Business major Economics minor? Is this a degree a waste?

I chose International Business and Economics because I am interested in business and politics and wanted degree that could be useful in both, but the more I look for jobs in business, the less value I see in my choice. I am still a freshman so I have time to change it. #business...

#minor #internationalbusiness #givingiscaring #major #collegestudent #economics

Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. Nov 18, 2020 101 views

What is it like to be a music minor?

I’m not sure how common this is, but I would like to minor in music. This is primarily for my own enjoyment and to take advantage of my time in college for structured growth in a hobby I love. What classes and assignments do you get? What is a typically day or week like? #givingiscaring #music...

#minor #college

Bahara S.’s Avatar
Bahara S. Aug 26, 2020 102 views

MINOR RECOMMENDATION WITH ACCOUNTING MAJOR

Hello, I am majoring in Accounting and wanted to a major on the side as well. My University offers a variety of minors and I have listed down the ones I am most interested in: - Innovation and Entrepreneurship - Finance - International Business Any recommendations on which minor would be...

#minor #academicadvice

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29, 2020 103 views

What kinds of electives would you recommend for a premed student?

I already have a major and minor, but there is still space in my schedule for about 3-4 elective courses. I'd particularly like suggestions about humanities courses, since the majority of my schedule is hard science. Thank you! #electives #premed #medschool #physician...

#minor

Jinah L.’s Avatar
Jinah L. Jul 19, 2020 413 views

Which minor would be most helpful for a job in the fashion industry?

I'm pursuing a major in Economics and want to enter the fashion industry some way in the future. Which major would you recommend? #majors-and-minors #fashion #career...

#minor

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 26, 2020 734 views

Is it worth it to minor in something you find interest in?

I am doing a Math-Computer Science degree at UCSD. I know most of my courses will consist of difficult math and CS courses but I find engineering very interesting as well. I wanted to minor in engineering for my own personal interest so I could learn more about it. And if I really enjoy it,...

#minor #engineering #math #college-major #major #college #computer-science

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 22, 2020 354 views

Are joint majors beneficial or is it better to have a singular major and a minor?

To people who have/had joint majors: Did you fell less competitive when applying for jobs or internships against people who have a single major? What is your joint major and how has it helped you career wise? For employers/recruiters (if applicable): Do you prefer people with joint majors or...

#research #joint-major #minor #engineering #math #college-major #major #internship #career

Armando O.’s Avatar
Armando O. Oct 04, 2019 652 views

How beneficial would a minor in Mathematics be as a Mechanical Engineering major?

I'm a junior currently attending Astate CQ and I wanted to get some advice about minoring in math or maybe even in business. I would like to know in what direction would I be heading towards having these types of minors. Also, how should I chose between those minors or should I also open up to...

#mathematics #minor #engineering #math #mechanical-engineer #college-major #major

Monica G.’s Avatar
Monica G. Sep 27, 2018 318 views

Would it be more beneficial to obtain a minor or double major?

I am a currently biochemistry student and I am very indecisive in my career path. I want to ultimately research and help in the process of creating medicines and treatments to disorders, but I also want to study genetics and cancer stem research. So, I have decided to either undertake a minor...

#minor #molecular #college-major #major #genetics #biology #science #double-major #college

Maria S.’s Avatar
Maria S. Jul 18, 2018 340 views

What is better-to have a double major or a major and a minor?

What would look better to an employer and which is less hectic? #majors-and-minors #doublemajor...

#minor

Matthew M.’s Avatar
Matthew M. Jul 10, 2018 318 views

E-sports team

I will be playing on the E-sports team in college. My major is Psychology. Is there a minor that would be helpful to me if I decide to pursue it as a career goal? #e-sports #psychology #major...

#minor

Shayna S.’s Avatar
Shayna S. Jun 10, 2018 392 views

To be a Dietician, what certificates or degrees do you need?

I am interested the the field of pharmacy and lifestyle management/ nutrition. I want to combine pharmacy with nutrition in my future career. I am graduating undergraduate early so technically I will not have a major. I could get a healthy lifestyle management minor in undergraduate or look at...

#registereddietician #healthy #healthadvocate #management #nutrition #earlyassurance #dietician #major #lifestyle #healthylifestyle #foodscience #creighton #healthcare #pharmacy #minor #pharmacist #certificate

Jaelen J.’s Avatar
Jaelen J. May 22, 2018 383 views

Should I purse a minor?

I was considering a minor for my school resume, and I was wondering what is the best suited minor for an exercise science major as I apply myself forward through college? #majors-and-minors #school #college-minor #college #minor #resume...

#science-major

Hannah S.’s Avatar
Hannah S. May 21, 2018 363 views

Will a minor in Neuroscience help if I want to major in Clinical Psychology and work in a hospital setting?

I want to major in Clinical Psychology and work with children in a hospital setting. Many schools that I am looking at offer minors in neuroscience. This field also fascinates me; would getting a minor in neuroscience benefit me? #psychology #neuroscience...

#minor

Isha T.’s Avatar
Isha T. May 20, 2018 337 views

What's it like doing a theatre minor?

I'm an engineering major and I've recently realized that I really miss being involved in theatre - I used to do the plays in high school. I'm considering doing a theatre minor, but I don't know if it's going to do me any good since my career is probably not going to be related to theatre at...

#minor #theatre #engineering #theatre-minor #college-minor

Nata J.’s Avatar
Nata J. May 01, 2018 422 views

Should I double major?

I'm interested in Business Administration but I'm also interested in Marketing and Public Relations. They have many similar (or even same courses.) What should I do? Double major or minor? #majors #minor #college #marketing...

#women-in-business

Zander W.’s Avatar
Zander W. Apr 18, 2018 288 views

Is it better to have a double major or 1 major with several minors?

For your areas of interest, how do you plan to manage your areas of study? I know some students with a double major and 4 minors. Is this the expectation? The new standard that we have to compete with? Or is this what works for a percentage of our peers? What combination of major & minor...

#graduate-in-4-years #minor #career-path #class-selection #major #choose-your-major #career #career-choice

Teleola A.’s Avatar
Teleola A. Jan 26, 2018 328 views

Deciding a minor

I'm in my first year of university and I recently decide that I'd like to minor in a different program from the one I'm in. But how do you decide a minor? Should it be based on your interests? Or based on a possible career path thats different from the one your'e currently on? #minor...

#college-major #college #business #university

Viola S.’s Avatar
Viola S. Sep 01, 2017 478 views

Is psychology useful?

Since I hope to become a pediatric intensivist after graduating from med school, I already know that However, I am very interested in psychology and was wondering if it would help me in my field? In addition, if it is indeed useful, then should I get a major or minor in it because my GPA must...

#intensive-care-nursing #doctor #college-major #science #er-doctor #double-major #psychology #medicine #college #majors-and-minors #minor #intensive-care-unit #medical-school #picu #college-minor #icu #medical-education #pediatrics

Kiran F.’s Avatar
Kiran F. Feb 25, 2017 621 views

Can we do minor in any subject after graduating high school?

I want to learn programing but I don't want to do 4 year becholar degree in computer please suggest me #computer-software #majors-and-minors #minor #20...

#college-minors