Career Questions tagged Minor

Monica G.’s Avatar
Monica G. Sep 27, 2018

Would it be more beneficial to obtain a minor or double major?

I am a currently biochemistry student and I am very indecisive in my career path. I want to ultimately research and help in the process of creating medicines and treatments to disorders, but I also want to study genetics and cancer stem research. So, I have decided to either undertake a minor...

#molecular #major #genetics #biology #minor #science #college #college-major #double-major

Maria S.’s Avatar
Maria S. Jul 18, 2018

What is better-to have a double major or a major and a minor?

What would look better to an employer and which is less hectic? #majors-and-minors #doublemajor...

#minor

Matthew M.’s Avatar
Matthew M. Jul 10, 2018

E-sports team

I will be playing on the E-sports team in college. My major is Psychology. Is there a minor that would be helpful to me if I decide to pursue it as a career goal? #e-sports #psychology #major...

#minor

Shayna S.’s Avatar
Shayna S. Jun 10, 2018

To be a Dietician, what certificates or degrees do you need?

I am interested the the field of pharmacy and lifestyle management/ nutrition. I want to combine pharmacy with nutrition in my future career. I am graduating undergraduate early so technically I will not have a major. I could get a healthy lifestyle management minor in undergraduate or look at...

#lifestyle #certificate #registereddietician #major #earlyassurance #dietician #healthylifestyle #healthadvocate #pharmacy #healthy #healthcare #nutrition #minor #foodscience #creighton #management #pharmacist

Jaelen J.’s Avatar
Jaelen J. May 22, 2018

Should I purse a minor?

I was considering a minor for my school resume, and I was wondering what is the best suited minor for an exercise science major as I apply myself forward through college? #majors-and-minors #school #college-minor #college #minor #resume...

#science-major

Hannah S.’s Avatar
Hannah S. May 21, 2018

Will a minor in Neuroscience help if I want to major in Clinical Psychology and work in a hospital setting?

I want to major in Clinical Psychology and work with children in a hospital setting. Many schools that I am looking at offer minors in neuroscience. This field also fascinates me; would getting a minor in neuroscience benefit me? #psychology #neuroscience...

#minor

Isha T.’s Avatar
Isha T. May 20, 2018

What's it like doing a theatre minor?

I'm an engineering major and I've recently realized that I really miss being involved in theatre - I used to do the plays in high school. I'm considering doing a theatre minor, but I don't know if it's going to do me any good since my career is probably not going to be related to theatre at...

#theatre-minor #theatre #engineering #college-minor #minor

Nata J.’s Avatar
Nata J. May 01, 2018

Should I double major?

I'm interested in Business Administration but I'm also interested in Marketing and Public Relations. They have many similar (or even same courses.) What should I do? Double major or minor? #majors #minor #college #marketing...

#women-in-business

Zander W.’s Avatar
Zander W. Apr 18, 2018

Is it better to have a double major or 1 major with several minors?

For your areas of interest, how do you plan to manage your areas of study? I know some students with a double major and 4 minors. Is this the expectation? The new standard that we have to compete with? Or is this what works for a percentage of our peers? What combination of major & minor...

#class-selection #career-choice #major #choose-your-major #minor #graduate-in-4-years #career-path #career

Teleola A.’s Avatar
Teleola A. Jan 26, 2018

Deciding a minor

I'm in my first year of university and I recently decide that I'd like to minor in a different program from the one I'm in. But how do you decide a minor? Should it be based on your interests? Or based on a possible career path thats different from the one your'e currently on? #minor...

#business #college-major #university #college

Viola S.’s Avatar
Viola S. Sep 01, 2017

Is psychology useful?

Since I hope to become a pediatric intensivist after graduating from med school, I already know that However, I am very interested in psychology and was wondering if it would help me in my field? In addition, if it is indeed useful, then should I get a major or minor in it because my GPA must...

#er-doctor #intensive-care-unit #pediatrics #double-major #medical-school #psychology #majors-and-minors #college-major #icu #doctor #medicine #college-minor #minor #science #college #picu #intensive-care-nursing #medical-education

Kiran F.’s Avatar
Kiran F. Feb 25, 2017

Can we do minor in any subject after graduating high school?

I want to learn programing but I don't want to do 4 year becholar degree in computer please suggest me #computer-software #majors-and-minors #minor #20...

#college-minors

Jackie G.’s Avatar
Jackie G. Jan 30, 2017

Can you attend a college for a 'minor' without having a major?

What if you already have a major at another college, can you attend a separate college to get a minor? #college #college-major...

#minor

Rachel B.’s Avatar
Rachel B. Dec 05, 2016

What would be a good minor to go with a biology major?

Should I minor in a field that is different from biology? Or would it be beneficial to minor in a related field? #college #science #biology #major...

#minor

Kyle Y.’s Avatar
Kyle Y. Nov 09, 2016

What was your undergraduate major, and why did you choose it?

I ask this question because not everyone gets a job in their field of study. This question is for those who do not know what they want to study, and are looking for someone who was in a similar situation. A lot of people don't know what to study when they get to college, so did your major play...

#mba #job #college #major #field #minor