Career Questions tagged Minor

Bahara S.’s Avatar
Bahara S. Aug 26 66 views

MINOR RECOMMENDATION WITH ACCOUNTING MAJOR

Hello, I am majoring in Accounting and wanted to a major on the side as well. My University offers a variety of minors and I have listed down the ones I am most interested in: - Innovation and Entrepreneurship - Finance - International Business Any recommendations on which minor would be...

#minor #academicadvice

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29 58 views

What kinds of electives would you recommend for a premed student?

I already have a major and minor, but there is still space in my schedule for about 3-4 elective courses. I'd particularly like suggestions about humanities courses, since the majority of my schedule is hard science. Thank you! #electives #premed #medschool #physician...

#minor

Jinah L.’s Avatar
Jinah L. Jul 19 88 views

Which minor would be most helpful for a job in the fashion industry?

I'm pursuing a major in Economics and want to enter the fashion industry some way in the future. Which major would you recommend? #majors-and-minors #fashion #career...

#minor

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 26 422 views

Is it worth it to minor in something you find interest in?

I am doing a Math-Computer Science degree at UCSD. I know most of my courses will consist of difficult math and CS courses but I find engineering very interesting as well. I wanted to minor in engineering for my own personal interest so I could learn more about it. And if I really enjoy it,...

#minor #computer-science #college-major #major #college #engineering #math

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 22 255 views

Are joint majors beneficial or is it better to have a singular major and a minor?

To people who have/had joint majors: Did you fell less competitive when applying for jobs or internships against people who have a single major? What is your joint major and how has it helped you career wise? For employers/recruiters (if applicable): Do you prefer people with joint majors or...

#college-major #joint-major #research #career #minor #internship #major #engineering #math

Armando O.’s Avatar
Armando O. Oct 04, 2019 316 views

How beneficial would a minor in Mathematics be as a Mechanical Engineering major?

I'm a junior currently attending Astate CQ and I wanted to get some advice about minoring in math or maybe even in business. I would like to know in what direction would I be heading towards having these types of minors. Also, how should I chose between those minors or should I also open up to...

#minor #college-major #major #engineering #math #mechanical-engineer #mathematics

Monica G.’s Avatar
Monica G. Sep 27, 2018 270 views

Would it be more beneficial to obtain a minor or double major?

I am a currently biochemistry student and I am very indecisive in my career path. I want to ultimately research and help in the process of creating medicines and treatments to disorders, but I also want to study genetics and cancer stem research. So, I have decided to either undertake a minor...

#college-major #double-major #biology #college #genetics #minor #major #science #molecular

Maria S.’s Avatar
Maria S. Jul 18, 2018 285 views

What is better-to have a double major or a major and a minor?

What would look better to an employer and which is less hectic? #majors-and-minors #doublemajor...

#minor

Matthew M.’s Avatar
Matthew M. Jul 10, 2018 276 views

E-sports team

I will be playing on the E-sports team in college. My major is Psychology. Is there a minor that would be helpful to me if I decide to pursue it as a career goal? #e-sports #psychology #major...

#minor

Shayna S.’s Avatar
Shayna S. Jun 10, 2018 324 views

To be a Dietician, what certificates or degrees do you need?

I am interested the the field of pharmacy and lifestyle management/ nutrition. I want to combine pharmacy with nutrition in my future career. I am graduating undergraduate early so technically I will not have a major. I could get a healthy lifestyle management minor in undergraduate or look at...

#pharmacist #lifestyle #healthylifestyle #registereddietician #management #minor #healthcare #major #certificate #creighton #pharmacy #nutrition #earlyassurance #healthy #healthadvocate #dietician #foodscience

Jaelen J.’s Avatar
Jaelen J. May 22, 2018 313 views

Should I purse a minor?

I was considering a minor for my school resume, and I was wondering what is the best suited minor for an exercise science major as I apply myself forward through college? #majors-and-minors #school #college-minor #college #minor #resume...

#science-major

Hannah S.’s Avatar
Hannah S. May 21, 2018 331 views

Will a minor in Neuroscience help if I want to major in Clinical Psychology and work in a hospital setting?

I want to major in Clinical Psychology and work with children in a hospital setting. Many schools that I am looking at offer minors in neuroscience. This field also fascinates me; would getting a minor in neuroscience benefit me? #psychology #neuroscience...

#minor

Isha T.’s Avatar
Isha T. May 20, 2018 279 views

What's it like doing a theatre minor?

I'm an engineering major and I've recently realized that I really miss being involved in theatre - I used to do the plays in high school. I'm considering doing a theatre minor, but I don't know if it's going to do me any good since my career is probably not going to be related to theatre at...

#minor #theatre-minor #engineering #theatre #college-minor

Nata J.’s Avatar
Nata J. May 01, 2018 369 views

Should I double major?

I'm interested in Business Administration but I'm also interested in Marketing and Public Relations. They have many similar (or even same courses.) What should I do? Double major or minor? #majors #minor #college #marketing...

#women-in-business

Zander W.’s Avatar
Zander W. Apr 18, 2018 256 views

Is it better to have a double major or 1 major with several minors?

For your areas of interest, how do you plan to manage your areas of study? I know some students with a double major and 4 minors. Is this the expectation? The new standard that we have to compete with? Or is this what works for a percentage of our peers? What combination of major & minor...

#career-path #career-choice #minor #class-selection #choose-your-major #major #graduate-in-4-years #career

Teleola A.’s Avatar
Teleola A. Jan 26, 2018 287 views

Deciding a minor

I'm in my first year of university and I recently decide that I'd like to minor in a different program from the one I'm in. But how do you decide a minor? Should it be based on your interests? Or based on a possible career path thats different from the one your'e currently on? #minor...

#college-major #university #business #college

Viola S.’s Avatar
Viola S. Sep 01, 2017 442 views

Is psychology useful?

Since I hope to become a pediatric intensivist after graduating from med school, I already know that However, I am very interested in psychology and was wondering if it would help me in my field? In addition, if it is indeed useful, then should I get a major or minor in it because my GPA must...

#double-major #doctor #pediatrics #college #minor #intensive-care-unit #picu #college-major #majors-and-minors #psychology #icu #intensive-care-nursing #college-minor #medical-school #science #medical-education #er-doctor #medicine

Kiran F.’s Avatar
Kiran F. Feb 25, 2017 587 views

Can we do minor in any subject after graduating high school?

I want to learn programing but I don't want to do 4 year becholar degree in computer please suggest me #computer-software #majors-and-minors #minor #20...

#college-minors

Jackie G.’s Avatar
Jackie G. Jan 30, 2017 7202 views

Can you attend a college for a 'minor' without having a major?

What if you already have a major at another college, can you attend a separate college to get a minor? #college #college-major...

#minor

Rachel B.’s Avatar
Rachel B. Dec 05, 2016 2184 views

What would be a good minor to go with a biology major?

Should I minor in a field that is different from biology? Or would it be beneficial to minor in a related field? #college #science #biology #major...

#minor

Kyle Y.’s Avatar
Kyle Y. Nov 09, 2016 832 views

What was your undergraduate major, and why did you choose it?

I ask this question because not everyone gets a job in their field of study. This question is for those who do not know what they want to study, and are looking for someone who was in a similar situation. A lot of people don't know what to study when they get to college, so did your major play...

#minor #job #major #college #mba #field