Career Questions tagged Social

Eric L.’s Avatar
Eric L. Aug 02 84 views

How to prepare in high school if you want to study history in university

I am currently a Gr. 12 high school student who is interested in humanities and social sciences field (especially history) and would like to take one or two in these field as major(s) of study. I have read some academic books written by various historians, philosophers, sociologists and...

#history #high-school #social #university

Sarah C.’s Avatar
Sarah C. May 09 121 views

Does Social Work Pay Well?

I'm really interested in social work and I really do enjoy helping people, but I don't know if it fulfills my financial needs. Not for shallow reasons or anything, I just really want my kids to be comfortable, and I want them to have to worry about money or anything. #psychology #social-work...

#career #social #humanities

Suddam H.’s Avatar
Suddam H. Apr 29 103 views

How can I help the societ?

Fluent in Englis, Hindi and Bangla Able to work hard #career #social #social-worker #social-work...

#work

Mia B.’s Avatar
Mia B. Apr 14 126 views

What size college is "too big?"

I am used to having teachers readily available in high school, and I find classes with 30+ students to be frustrating. However, I hate how I know everyone in high school and I hate how everyone feels "stuck" with each other (there are a little under 1,000 students total in my school). On the...

#student #college #social #collgecampus

Yareli U.’s Avatar
Yareli U. Mar 29 190 views

What jobs are available if you are majoring in social worker?

I am a high school student not knowing what she wants to become/ major in the future. #social-work #career #social #college...

#career-path

Kennedy L.’s Avatar
Kennedy L. Nov 20, 2019 90 views
Penelope G.’s Avatar
Penelope G. Nov 14, 2019 107 views
Samuel M.’s Avatar
Samuel M. Oct 03, 2019 110 views
Samuel M.’s Avatar
Samuel M. Oct 03, 2019 104 views
Judith N.’s Avatar
Judith N. Sep 09, 2019 125 views
William H.’s Avatar
William H. Jul 19, 2018 258 views

What was a typical meal for a medical student during the four years of training?

Medical school is already stressful enough to maintain sanity. Add on top of that with the hassles of eating, how did you prepare meals that were healthy enough for you to maintain your health during those stressful years? Also, what did you eat during those years? #health #student #social...

#hospital-and-healthcare #doctor #medicine #healthcare #school #med-school #nutrition

zane M.’s Avatar
zane M. May 14, 2019 215 views
tanner G.’s Avatar
tanner G. Mar 27, 2019 133 views
Dayana C.’s Avatar
Dayana C. Nov 20, 2018 269 views

Is Gender Studies BA qualifitied to apply for gradute programs in Master's of Social Work?

I love my major gender studies, and I want to focus on serving marginalized people that are from lower income, domestic violence survivors, people who are suffering from trauma (hunger, poverty, economic hardship, physical, and sexual abuse, emotional), I want to empower, protect, serve, and...

#justice #love #gender #social #humanitarian #msw

Eboni B.’s Avatar
Eboni B. Aug 29, 2018 336 views

How to be successful with the race & gender inequality?

It's hard enough being a person of color in America & the World . It makes it even more difficult when you're a female. I'm inquiring further knowledge on success stories of WOC defeating all the odds against them and paving the path to their future even after facing so many trials and...

#race #general #career-path #social #education #inequality #gender

Sheila C.’s Avatar
Sheila C. Aug 27, 2018 197 views

How do you cope with having a job that doesn't necessarily always end well?

How do you deal with your occupation on a day to day basis when some things are out of your hands? #doctors #lawyers #cops #social...

Julia C.’s Avatar
Julia C. Aug 21, 2018 295 views
Suet C.’s Avatar
Suet C. Aug 16, 2018 212 views
Amber W.’s Avatar
Amber W. Aug 11, 2018 384 views
William H.’s Avatar
William H. Jul 19, 2018 205 views

What was your favorite activity to do during down time in medical school?

Understandably medical school is time-consuming, but some time should be made for yourself. Any particular activities you medical students or doctors liked to do during your free time? #medicine #fun #school #social...

#health

Anthony T.’s Avatar
Anthony T. May 28, 2018 287 views

What tips do you have for balancing college coursework and social life and sleep at the same time?

I am going to be heavily involved in multiple programs at my college. I want to be able to experience College while excelling academically and not have to sacrifice sleep. #balance...

#social

Nina E.’s Avatar
Nina E. Jan 16, 2018 306 views

Is making friends hard when you first get to college?

It seems alittle scary to be in a totally new place and not know anyone. #friends #college #social #work-life-balance...

#life-transitions

Clifford Khent C.’s Avatar
Clifford Khent C. Mar 06, 2018 685 views

What is it like being in the Social Work field?

Can someone give me insight on what they do as a social worker?...

#social