Career Questions tagged Child Development

Tea F.’s Avatar
Tea F. May 27, 2018 306 views

How do you start your own Daycare?

I want to know the basic requirements to having your own daycare. For example, do you need a degree? How do you recruit people to work there? How do you get the parents to trust your new daycare? How much does it cost to start a daycare? Should I consider getting a degree in Business?...

#daycare #business #entrepreneur #child-care #children #child-development

Jalencia P.’s Avatar
Jalencia P. Apr 12, 2018 182 views

Do you think there needs to be more investigation when doing CPS

I'm an adopted child, along with my twin brother, who's special needs and I found out not too long ago that there are actually a lot of adopted and foster kids in my area. But, not all are in a loving caring home like I am. I feel like I should step in, give back to the kids and make a change...

#career-path #career-choice #child-care #working-with-children #children #child-development

Jalencia P.’s Avatar
Jalencia P. Apr 12, 2018 227 views

Why isn't anyone standing up for helpless kids?

Some are too young to understand and some are old enough and people might think that the child is overacting and just want attention. #child-development #working-with-children #child-care #children #career-choice...

#career-path

Jorden W.’s Avatar
Jorden W. Apr 12, 2018 478 views

What is one skill that makes you most qualified for this position?

Just would like to know so I know what skills I need to work on...

#child-development

Carlyne C.’s Avatar
Carlyne C. Apr 12, 2018 216 views

which college is best for a career in working with special needs kids?

I am torn between 3 different career choices and i am having trouble finding a good college that has a great program for this and im having trouble. #college #special-needs-children #working-with-children #child-development...

#early-childhood-education

Phoebe  H.’s Avatar
Phoebe H. Oct 12, 2017 328 views

What are possible careers for a person who majored in Behavioral Neuroscience?

I am interested in how the brain works, and specifically why it causes people to act the way they do. I want to work with people with special needs, but wonder if this is a plausible career. I am also interested in research, maybe also related to special needs. #neuroscience...

#neurology #behavioral-health #special-needs #cognitive-psychology #neuroscientist #child-development

Sarah K.’s Avatar
Sarah K. Oct 12, 2017 504 views
Kelly L.’s Avatar
Kelly L. Sep 01, 2017 444 views

What can I do with a psychology major?

I am really interested in studying psychology but I would also like to work with young children. How can I incorporate these two things into a career path? #psychology #psychotherapy #child-development #child-psychology #cognitive-psychology...

#psychology-education

Mikayla M.’s Avatar
Mikayla M. Feb 08, 2017 522 views

What kind groups do you work with as a child development professional?

I want to go for a child development. I want to work with little kids in pre-k thru 5th grade, but I'm not interested in working with students higher than 6th grade. Is that possible? Can you control the age range of the children you work with? #early-childhood-education #child-development...

#early-childhood

samson O.’s Avatar
samson O. Feb 01, 2017 375 views

Understanding the course

So I was in a class and this professor was teaching about optical fibres, these was something I once did in my undergraduate days, but I didn't pay attention to it. I am totally blank on what he is teaching. How do I go about understanding and passing the course? #doctor #teacher...

#educators #masters-degree #child-development

samson O.’s Avatar
samson O. Jan 31, 2017 573 views

CHOOSING A CAREER

when i was a teen, i wanted to study civil engineering, but i was not too good in mathematic but i was good at biology, i managed to pass my physic in high school and ad did very well in biology later settle for physics with electronics. i would like to know if i should gave chosen a careen in...

#physicist #career-counseling #higher-education #child-development #civil-engineering #information-technology #human-resources #teacher

July Y.’s Avatar
July Y. May 19, 2016 659 views

How does one's home or family environment as a child affect their success in gaining an education and a career in their future?

I want to dig deeper beyond the surface by exploring the parts of a person's lifetime that contribute to their character as a grown-up in the college and career world, and whether or not a better or a worse home situation as a child has any affect on their future success. #psychology...

#child-development

Rebecca L.’s Avatar
Rebecca L. Oct 24, 2016 342 views

What does the average day for an adolescent therapist look like?

This is the profession I am interested in, but I am curious about the stress this causes for the therapist. Information on how you cope and handle the subjects you cover in your work would be great. Or if all you have to say is you don't have much difficulty coping that is a welcomed answer...

#child-development #therapy

Mayra N.’s Avatar
Mayra N. May 28, 2015 2128 views

what jobs can i get if i major in child development?

i am a high school student that likes how the mind works and enjoys teaching/playing with kids. #career #college-major #jobs #children #special-education...

#child-development

Sofie C.’s Avatar
Sofie C. Sep 09, 2014 1283 views

Is it a good idea to do a double major in Child Development and Biology if I want to become a Pediatrician?

I am a senior in high school whose passion is kids and science. I have heard that getting a double major is something very beneficial to do while you're in college but I am not sure if Child Development and Biology are the right majors to combine during college and if they are going to help me...

#pediatrician #pediatrics #double-major #biology #child-development

Arlease T.’s Avatar
Arlease T. Apr 01, 2014 651 views

If your in the field of Child-development, would you feel that the job you do is important or affect your day to day life in anyway?

I want to major in Child-Development because I believe children are our future and they deserve as much help and support as they need....

#child-development

Tashiyra F.’s Avatar
Tashiyra F. Mar 28, 2014 3606 views

What does the day-to-day experience of a speech pathologist consist of?

The career of speech pathology and child development interests me, but the aspects on the job sometimes is concerning. I'd like to know exactly what a speech pathologist's schedule is like? #children #speech-pathology...

#child-development

Natasia G.’s Avatar
Natasia G. Mar 28, 2014 973 views

What kind of internship opportunities are available to child-development psychology majors?

I would like to major in child-development psychology when I go to college this fall. I know most of the course that I would have to take in order to succeed this major, but I would like to know what opportunities outside of the classroom could be available to me to get hands-on experience...

#psychology #internship #childcare #child-development

Tashiyra F.’s Avatar
Tashiyra F. Mar 26, 2014 987 views

What opportunities are available to people who major in child development?

I am interested in child development. I am really interested in anything that has to do with children. More specifically, I would like to know if there are a lot of internship opportunities during college for childhood development and job opportunities after college as well. #psychology...

#early-childhood-education #special-education #child-development

Desiree C.’s Avatar
Desiree C. Mar 25, 2014 742 views

What are some of the essential things learned from the study of child developmental psychology?

Psychology is my set major I know I want going into college. Yet the aspect of child psychology is confusing on the courses that I will need to take, and I'm extremely curious. #psychology...

#child-development