Career Questions tagged Child Development

Sade’s Avatar
Sade 2 days ago 37 views

How can I better my knowledge on child and youth development?

I will be majoring in child and youth work next year and would like to learn more about child and youth development and psychology.

Dani’s Avatar
Dani Nov 07 129 views

. What kind of children do you meet while working?

Is it always hard to hear what they go through? does it get easier with time?

Dani’s Avatar
Dani Nov 07 130 views

How much schooling did you need to do to be most successful in child psychology or child family social work?

How much schooling did you need to do to be most successful in child psychology or child family social work

Caitlin’s Avatar
Caitlin Sep 17 191 views

What careers and college majors would you consider if these were your interests?

Not sure if it's the same for other high school students but mine has us focus on self-awareness and college prep as part of curriculum outside of working with our guidance counselors. It's part of my english class. Something we have been working on is an essay about our career interests. I am...

Akarrus’s Avatar
Akarrus Nov 13, 2020 264 views

How do you develop a goal for yourself, and then push that goal to your main priority?

I describe my self as loving but hate to not get the same back. All in my 17 years of living it's still hard for me to believe if I work hard enough I can be something great in life. I got in my depression state and develop how I view things. I don't like it but it shows me who's actually here...

Keirra’s Avatar
Keirra Aug 03, 2020 492 views

Is going to college for early childhood education enough to start your Own day care?

#childhood-education #day-care #education #child-development

Janiah’s Avatar
Janiah Feb 06, 2020 375 views

how long did you have to go to college to get a degree in early childhood?

#college #student #college-bound #college-advice #early-childhood #child-development

Tea’s Avatar
Tea May 27, 2018 714 views

How do you start your own Daycare?

I want to know the basic requirements to having your own daycare. For example, do you need a degree? How do you recruit people to work there? How do you get the parents to trust your new daycare? How much does it cost to start a daycare? Should I consider getting a degree in Business?...

Jalencia’s Avatar
Jalencia Apr 12, 2018 593 views

Why isn't anyone standing up for helpless kids?

Some are too young to understand and some are old enough and people might think that the child is overacting and just want attention. #child-development #working-with-children #child-care #children #career-choice #career-path

Jalencia’s Avatar
Jalencia Apr 12, 2018 614 views

Do you think there needs to be more investigation when doing CPS

I'm an adopted child, along with my twin brother, who's special needs and I found out not too long ago that there are actually a lot of adopted and foster kids in my area. But, not all are in a loving caring home like I am. I feel like I should step in, give back to the kids and make a change...

Jorden’s Avatar
Jorden Apr 12, 2018 1885 views

What is one skill that makes you most qualified for this position?

Just would like to know so I know what skills I need to work on #child-development

Carlyne’s Avatar
Carlyne Apr 12, 2018 668 views

which college is best for a career in working with special needs kids?

I am torn between 3 different career choices and i am having trouble finding a good college that has a great program for this and im having trouble. #college #special-needs-children #working-with-children #child-development #early-childhood-education

Phoebe ’s Avatar
Phoebe Oct 12, 2017 621 views

What are possible careers for a person who majored in Behavioral Neuroscience?

I am interested in how the brain works, and specifically why it causes people to act the way they do. I want to work with people with special needs, but wonder if this is a plausible career. I am also interested in research, maybe also related to special needs. #neuroscience...

Sarah’s Avatar
Sarah Oct 12, 2017 890 views

What major should I study to do pre-med and become a child psychiatrist?

What is a good college major to eventually be a child psychiatrist?
#pre-med
#children
#child-psychiatrist #medical-practice #child-development #working-with-children

Summer’s Avatar
Summer Sep 01, 2017 616 views

What can you do with a early childhood degree?

#early-childhood-education #education #educator #child-development

Kelly’s Avatar
Kelly Sep 01, 2017 821 views

What can I do with a psychology major?

I am really interested in studying psychology but I would also like to work with young children. How can I incorporate these two things into a career path? #psychology #psychotherapy #child-development #child-psychology #cognitive-psychology #psychology-education

Mikayla’s Avatar
Mikayla Feb 08, 2017 898 views

What kind groups do you work with as a child development professional?

I want to go for a child development. I want to work with little kids in pre-k thru 5th grade, but I'm not interested in working with students higher than 6th grade. Is that possible? Can you control the age range of the children you work with? #early-childhood-education #child-development...

samson’s Avatar
samson Feb 01, 2017 657 views

Understanding the course

So I was in a class and this professor was teaching about optical fibres, these was something I once did in my undergraduate days, but I didn't pay attention to it. I am totally blank on what he is teaching. How do I go about understanding and passing the course? #doctor #teacher...

samson’s Avatar
samson Jan 31, 2017 865 views

CHOOSING A CAREER

when i was a teen, i wanted to study civil engineering, but i was not too good in mathematic but i was good at biology, i managed to pass my physic in high school and ad did very well in biology later settle for physics with electronics. i would like to know if i should gave chosen a careen in...

Rebecca’s Avatar
Rebecca Oct 24, 2016 589 views

What does the average day for an adolescent therapist look like?

This is the profession I am interested in, but I am curious about the stress this causes for the therapist. Information on how you cope and handle the subjects you cover in your work would be great. Or if all you have to say is you don't have much difficulty coping that is a welcomed answer...

July’s Avatar
July May 19, 2016 1062 views

How does one's home or family environment as a child affect their success in gaining an education and a career in their future?

I want to dig deeper beyond the surface by exploring the parts of a person's lifetime that contribute to their character as a grown-up in the college and career world, and whether or not a better or a worse home situation as a child has any affect on their future success. #psychology...

Mayra’s Avatar
Mayra May 28, 2015 3058 views

what jobs can i get if i major in child development?

i am a high school student that likes how the mind works and enjoys teaching/playing with kids. #career #college-major #jobs #children #special-education #child-development

Sofie’s Avatar
Sofie Sep 09, 2014 1832 views

Is it a good idea to do a double major in Child Development and Biology if I want to become a Pediatrician?

I am a senior in high school whose passion is kids and science. I have heard that getting a double major is something very beneficial to do while you're in college but I am not sure if Child Development and Biology are the right majors to combine during college and if they are going to help me...

Arlease’s Avatar
Arlease Apr 01, 2014 904 views

If your in the field of Child-development, would you feel that the job you do is important or affect your day to day life in anyway?

I want to major in Child-Development because I believe children are our future and they deserve as much help and support as they need. #child-development

Tashiyra’s Avatar
Tashiyra Mar 28, 2014 4677 views

What does the day-to-day experience of a speech pathologist consist of?

The career of speech pathology and child development interests me, but the aspects on the job sometimes is concerning. I'd like to know exactly what a speech pathologist's schedule is like? #children #speech-pathology #child-development

Natasia’s Avatar
Natasia Mar 28, 2014 1329 views

What kind of internship opportunities are available to child-development psychology majors?

I would like to major in child-development psychology when I go to college this fall. I know most of the course that I would have to take in order to succeed this major, but I would like to know what opportunities outside of the classroom could be available to me to get hands-on experience...

Tashiyra’s Avatar
Tashiyra Mar 26, 2014 1341 views

What opportunities are available to people who major in child development?

I am interested in child development. I am really interested in anything that has to do with children. More specifically, I would like to know if there are a lot of internship opportunities during college for childhood development and job opportunities after college as well. #psychology...

Desiree’s Avatar
Desiree Mar 25, 2014 1028 views

What are some of the essential things learned from the study of child developmental psychology?

Psychology is my set major I know I want going into college. Yet the aspect of child psychology is confusing on the courses that I will need to take, and I'm extremely curious. #psychology #child-development