Career Questions tagged Trauma

Isabelle F.’s Avatar
Isabelle F. Mar 19 107 views

How long does it usually take upon recieveing proper education for a job as a surgeon does it generally take for one to actually begin working in that position?

At school, I am most interested in gross anatomy, microbiology, and biology, while my hobbies include athletics. A topic that I am passionate about is leadership and "organized chaos". #medicine #doctor #biology #surgeon #trauma #icu #chaos #busy #medical #premed...

#med

Isabelle F.’s Avatar
Isabelle F. Mar 19 102 views

Is it still more or less challenging for a woman to hold a position so high up as a surgeon or chief of surgery within a hospital?

#med

Isabelle F.’s Avatar
Isabelle F. Mar 19 91 views

What are the social lives of surgeons throughout the hospital? Do many surgeons not have time to have a very large social life? Do they have time for children / starting a family?

#med

Isabelle F.’s Avatar
Isabelle F. Mar 19 93 views

Is 12 years of in-depth education really worth it to become a trauma surgeon? It seems like a huge amount of time for one to be in school for a specific job.

#med

Isabelle F.’s Avatar
Isabelle F. Mar 19 96 views

Is there any way to begin your PhD while wrapping up your Med degree? (just to cut down on some of the time spent in getting a secondary education)

#med

Reagan W.’s Avatar
Reagan W. Nov 14, 2019 68 views

What are some high school classes I should take if interested in nursing?

I am a junior in high school. I am very interested in nursing, preferably trauma nurse. And I want to be as prepared as I can for when I start college #nursing #nurse #medicine...

#trauma

Jenna T.’s Avatar
Jenna T. May 21, 2016 980 views

What is it like to be a trauma nurse?

I want to be a nurse and I'm interested in being a trauma nurse. #nursing #nurse #trauma-nursing...

#trauma

Salvin S.’s Avatar
Salvin S. May 18, 2016 533 views

How long will it take to pay off student loans from university and medical school, or does differ for everyone?

I'm asking this question because I am scared off the debt that I am going to be in. I want to be a doctor but this is the only thing that is making me question whether I should do it. #doctor #psychology #medicine #finance #pre-med #pediatrics #pediatrician...

#trauma