Career Questions tagged Child Psychology

payton J.’s Avatar
payton J. Sep 06

what is the difference between a psychiatrist and a physiologist?

I am a senior student at Brennan high school and am interested in being a psychiatrist, or physiologist. I honestly don’t know the difference between the two. #psychology #psychiatry...

#child-psychology

Makayla P.’s Avatar
Makayla P. Aug 27

What are some colleges with great psychology programs?

My name is Makayla and I'm a sophomore in high school. I am on the volleyball team and like to help others. I am thinking about becoming a child psychologist and want to explore this career more. #psychology #college...

#child-psychology

Grecia G.’s Avatar
Grecia G. Jan 07

What are different kind of jobs a psychologist can have?

I am a junior in highschool and I have been thinking of being a psychologist but I am quite confused on different jobs a psychologist can have. #psychology #psychologist...

#child-psychology

Skylar B.’s Avatar
Skylar B. Apr 17, 2018

As a school psychologist, how likely is it that I would not only test the students, but work with them following a diagnosis?

I want to be a school psychologist, because it involves my three biggest passions: children, learning, and psychology. I ask this question because I have heard that in some instances, school psychologists that work in school systems are only able to administer tests, but are not able to provide...

#psychology-education #learning-and-development #child-psychology #psychology #school-psychology

Maddison S.’s Avatar
Maddison S. Mar 21, 2018

How can I explore all of the job options in children’s psychology?

I am going into this particular field, and would like to know what all the job options would be, even the not so common ones. #jobs...

#child-psychology

Illeana C.’s Avatar
Illeana C. Mar 12, 2018

Is it better in the long run to major in general psychology or something more specific?

I'm starting college soon and not sure what future career I want but I know I want be in something with counseling. I would prefer to work with kids but also maybe adults? I know I don't need to choose a major right away and can change it if I wanted, but this is more so about what degree I get...

#psychology #child-psychology

Joy Z.’s Avatar
Joy Z. Jan 25, 2018

How to build up your confidence? How to be good at communicating with people?

Everyone would sort of encounters this kind of problem. For an introvert, how should we act to overcome the fear to communicate with people. Even though we did not mean something, but our timidity always prevent us from getting our message across. How to make introverts become confident?...

#emotion #child-psychology #communications #feelings #emotional #communication-skills #marketing-communications #confidence #psychology #communications-strategy

Fatima G.’s Avatar
Fatima G. Jan 16, 2018

How do I get past the inner turmoil a teenager faces?

The moment I stepped into my teenage years, I felt a shift in the way my family views me. I went from being a child...to being an adolescent child? I'm seventeen now. And you can imagine how detrimental it is to my inner struggle of self-identity. I am treated as a child if I dare raise an...

#defeat #humane-society #child-psychology #intellectualquestions #acceptance

Martha S.’s Avatar
Martha S. Dec 15, 2017

What psychology upper division classes should I take in college?

Currently interested in Child psychology, but since there are so many psychology classes options available, I'm looking for some advice as to what are the most important classes I definitely need to take. #child-psychology #psychology #college Thank...

Martha S.’s Avatar
Martha S. Dec 15, 2017

What are some good child psychology degree programs in the USA?

Planning to pursue a child psychology degree. Looking for colleges with good degree programs. #child-psychology #psychology #college #college-selection...

Martha S.’s Avatar
Martha S. Dec 15, 2017

What are some requirements to pursuing a career in child psychology?

For the longest time I have aspired to become a Pediatrician I even created my career plan but recently had a change of interest, now I'm interested in Child psychology. I switched from Psy BS to Psychology bachelors degree in Arts (BA) but now I'm quite unsure what the next steps are. I love...

#psychology #career #child-psychology

Kelly L.’s Avatar
Kelly L. Sep 01, 2017

What can I do with a psychology major?

I am really interested in studying psychology but I would also like to work with young children. How can I incorporate these two things into a career path? #psychology #psychotherapy #child-development #child-psychology #cognitive-psychology...

#psychology-education

Ross B.’s Avatar
Ross B. Aug 23, 2017

Can i get some advice on my future plans?

Hi. My name is Ross and i just finished my CSEC/GCSE exams and ive been thinking about the future....my career to be exact. First of all im trying to pin down exactly what i want to be. This might be a bit confusing but please bear with me. Ok ive based my career upon psychology, mainly...

#counseling-psychology #psychology #child-psychology

abraham D.’s Avatar
abraham D. May 30, 2017

What are the requirements to become a psychologist for teens?

I am asking this because I see a psychologist every Wednesday, and have been for the past 4 years, for personal issues, and it helps me so much. My psychologist is someone who gives me a sense of hope and tells me reasons to be alive. Therefore, going to my psychologist for the longest made me...

#counseling-psychology #psychology #child-psychology #career-details

Rebecca L.’s Avatar
Rebecca L. Oct 24, 2016

Should I study for a bachelor in Arts or a bachelors in Psychology?

I am a high school student planning to be a Child and Adolescent therapist but the steps to do so are tricky to follow since college has so many different options. I want to focus on art therapy for kids, but also incorporate different things like play therapy and regular old sit down and talk...

#therapy #child-psychology #college

Vidal A.’s Avatar
Vidal A. Sep 16, 2016

Which age group is the best to work with in the field of Psychology?

In the near future I'm going to be interested in working with a certain age group on the field of Psychology. I would like to know if it's better to work with toddlers/babies (Neonate-3 Years Old), children (4-11), teenagers (12-18), young adults (18-21), or adults (21+)? #psychology...

#school-psychology #counseling-psychology #child-psychology

Anthony B.’s Avatar
Anthony B. Jun 20, 2016
Briana P.’s Avatar
Briana P. May 16, 2016

What are some career routes in child psychology? What can I expect from that career on a day to day basis?

As a graduating high school senior, I will be attending a community college to complete my basic requirements to transfer to a four year university. Although i am a little shaky with choosing a major, one of my interests is child psychology. I feel that with my own experiences with personal...

#psychology #child-psychology #school-psychology #social-psychology

Stephanie W.’s Avatar
Stephanie W. May 21, 2016

I have heard it is hard to get a job as a clinical psychologist, is that true?

I want to become a clinical psychologist but I don't want to not have any possible jobs in the future. #college #psychology #job-search #clinical-psychology...

#child-psychology

Valeria O.’s Avatar
Valeria O. May 21, 2016

How's a day in the life of a school counselor? What exactly do they do?

I am a Psychology major and I would love to work with bullied kids and help them overcome the pressure and struggle that is for them to go to school. I am not sure if working as a school counselor is the job that will let me have a better approach to this kids, that's why I would like to know...

#clinical-psychology #child-psychology #counselling #psychology #school-psychology #life-coach #educational-coaching

Clarissa R.’s Avatar
Clarissa R. May 19, 2016
Nora Y.’s Avatar
Nora Y. May 18, 2016

In which career in the psychology/therapy fields would ASL and foreign languages be most valued?

I speak 2 languages (including English) fluently and 3 more at varying degrees of functional fluency. One language I know that I think is particularly unique is American Sign Language, which I learned in school and at an academic summer camp. Now that I'm thinking about potential career choices...

#moral-psychology #child-psychology #school-psychology #american-sign-language #social-psychology #languages #psychology #language

Maegan D.’s Avatar
Maegan D. May 14, 2016

I want to expedite my college major. How quickly can I get through to my doctorate degree in Psychology?

I am a senior in high school and plan to get my doctorate degree in Clinical Child Psychology....

#child-psychology

Dorean A.’s Avatar
Dorean A. May 13, 2016

What type of work would a person who has a Clinical Psychology Degree be doing?

I am interested in majoring in Psychology but I am not sure if I want to do Psychology, General or a more specific branch such a Growth and Development or Clinical #psychology #clinical-psychology #therapists #social-psychology #child-psychology #school-psychology...

#moral-psychology