Career Questions tagged Child Psychology

Maddison S.’s Avatar
Maddison S. Mar 21, 2018 149 views

How can I explore all of the job options in children’s psychology?

I am going into this particular field, and would like to know what all the job options would be, even the not so common ones. #jobs...

#child-psychology

Illeana C.’s Avatar
Illeana C. Mar 12, 2018 203 views

Is it better in the long run to major in general psychology or something more specific?

I'm starting college soon and not sure what future career I want but I know I want be in something with counseling. I would prefer to work with kids but also maybe adults? I know I don't need to choose a major right away and can change it if I wanted, but this is more so about what degree I get...

#child-psychology #psychology

Joy Z.’s Avatar
Joy Z. Jan 25, 2018 305 views

How to build up your confidence? How to be good at communicating with people?

Everyone would sort of encounters this kind of problem. For an introvert, how should we act to overcome the fear to communicate with people. Even though we did not mean something, but our timidity always prevent us from getting our message across. How to make introverts become confident?...

#emotion #emotional #child-psychology #marketing-communications #confidence #psychology #communications #communications-strategy #feelings #communication-skills

Fatima G.’s Avatar
Fatima G. Jan 16, 2018 216 views

How do I get past the inner turmoil a teenager faces?

The moment I stepped into my teenage years, I felt a shift in the way my family views me. I went from being a child...to being an adolescent child? I'm seventeen now. And you can imagine how detrimental it is to my inner struggle of self-identity. I am treated as a child if I dare raise an...

#defeat #intellectualquestions #child-psychology #humane-society #acceptance

Martha S.’s Avatar
Martha S. Dec 15, 2017 311 views

What psychology upper division classes should I take in college?

Currently interested in Child psychology, but since there are so many psychology classes options available, I'm looking for some advice as to what are the most important classes I definitely need to take. #child-psychology #psychology #college Thank...

Martha S.’s Avatar
Martha S. Dec 15, 2017 262 views

What are some good child psychology degree programs in the USA?

Planning to pursue a child psychology degree. Looking for colleges with good degree programs. #child-psychology #psychology #college #college-selection...

Martha S.’s Avatar
Martha S. Dec 15, 2017 229 views

What are some requirements to pursuing a career in child psychology?

For the longest time I have aspired to become a Pediatrician I even created my career plan but recently had a change of interest, now I'm interested in Child psychology. I switched from Psy BS to Psychology bachelors degree in Arts (BA) but now I'm quite unsure what the next steps are. I love...

#child-psychology #psychology #career

Kelly L.’s Avatar
Kelly L. Sep 01, 2017 449 views

What can I do with a psychology major?

I am really interested in studying psychology but I would also like to work with young children. How can I incorporate these two things into a career path? #psychology #psychotherapy #child-development #child-psychology #cognitive-psychology...

#psychology-education

Ross B.’s Avatar
Ross B. Aug 23, 2017 375 views

Can i get some advice on my future plans?

Hi. My name is Ross and i just finished my CSEC/GCSE exams and ive been thinking about the future....my career to be exact. First of all im trying to pin down exactly what i want to be. This might be a bit confusing but please bear with me. Ok ive based my career upon psychology, mainly...

#child-psychology #psychology #counseling-psychology

abraham D.’s Avatar
abraham D. May 30, 2017 383 views

What are the requirements to become a psychologist for teens?

I am asking this because I see a psychologist every Wednesday, and have been for the past 4 years, for personal issues, and it helps me so much. My psychologist is someone who gives me a sense of hope and tells me reasons to be alive. Therefore, going to my psychologist for the longest made me...

#child-psychology #psychology #counseling-psychology #career-details

Rebecca L.’s Avatar
Rebecca L. Oct 24, 2016 460 views

Should I study for a bachelor in Arts or a bachelors in Psychology?

I am a high school student planning to be a Child and Adolescent therapist but the steps to do so are tricky to follow since college has so many different options. I want to focus on art therapy for kids, but also incorporate different things like play therapy and regular old sit down and talk...

#therapy #child-psychology #college

Vidal A.’s Avatar
Vidal A. Sep 16, 2016 506 views

Which age group is the best to work with in the field of Psychology?

In the near future I'm going to be interested in working with a certain age group on the field of Psychology. I would like to know if it's better to work with toddlers/babies (Neonate-3 Years Old), children (4-11), teenagers (12-18), young adults (18-21), or adults (21+)? #psychology...

#school-psychology #child-psychology #counseling-psychology

Anthony B.’s Avatar
Anthony B. Jun 20, 2016 387 views
Briana P.’s Avatar
Briana P. May 16, 2016 579 views

What are some career routes in child psychology? What can I expect from that career on a day to day basis?

As a graduating high school senior, I will be attending a community college to complete my basic requirements to transfer to a four year university. Although i am a little shaky with choosing a major, one of my interests is child psychology. I feel that with my own experiences with personal...

#school-psychology #social-psychology #child-psychology #psychology

Stephanie W.’s Avatar
Stephanie W. May 21, 2016 638 views

I have heard it is hard to get a job as a clinical psychologist, is that true?

I want to become a clinical psychologist but I don't want to not have any possible jobs in the future. #college #psychology #job-search #clinical-psychology...

#child-psychology

Valeria O.’s Avatar
Valeria O. May 21, 2016 712 views

How's a day in the life of a school counselor? What exactly do they do?

I am a Psychology major and I would love to work with bullied kids and help them overcome the pressure and struggle that is for them to go to school. I am not sure if working as a school counselor is the job that will let me have a better approach to this kids, that's why I would like to know...

#school-psychology #psychology #clinical-psychology #counselling #educational-coaching #child-psychology #life-coach

Clarissa R.’s Avatar
Clarissa R. May 19, 2016 623 views
Nora Y.’s Avatar
Nora Y. May 18, 2016 996 views

In which career in the psychology/therapy fields would ASL and foreign languages be most valued?

I speak 2 languages (including English) fluently and 3 more at varying degrees of functional fluency. One language I know that I think is particularly unique is American Sign Language, which I learned in school and at an academic summer camp. Now that I'm thinking about potential career choices...

#languages #american-sign-language #moral-psychology #language #child-psychology #school-psychology #social-psychology #psychology

Maegan D.’s Avatar
Maegan D. May 14, 2016 429 views

I want to expedite my college major. How quickly can I get through to my doctorate degree in Psychology?

I am a senior in high school and plan to get my doctorate degree in Clinical Child Psychology....

#child-psychology

Dorean A.’s Avatar
Dorean A. May 13, 2016 799 views

What type of work would a person who has a Clinical Psychology Degree be doing?

I am interested in majoring in Psychology but I am not sure if I want to do Psychology, General or a more specific branch such a Growth and Development or Clinical #psychology #clinical-psychology #therapists #social-psychology #child-psychology #school-psychology...

#moral-psychology

Anisa M.’s Avatar
Anisa M. May 07, 2016 439 views
Ellie B.’s Avatar
Ellie B. May 05, 2016 1080 views

Is getting a Doctorate in Psychology the best way to make more money and be able to get more jobs in that field?

I am going to be a freshman in college this fall and I plan on majoring in Psychology but I want to plan a little more of my future out to have a goal on what I need to do to have the highest achievement. I know I am going for a Master's but is a Doctorate worth it? #college #psychology...

#masters #clinical-psychology #counselling #child-psychology #doctorate-degree #guidance-counselor

Ebonie S.’s Avatar
Ebonie S. May 22, 2015 776 views

When you become a child psychologist, is it okay to be emotional sometimes?

I'm asking because some people can be just as emotional as the child at times. #psychology #health #child-psychology...

#child

Sequoia W.’s Avatar
Sequoia W. Feb 11, 2015 594 views

What are some career options under the psychology major?

I am a high school senior in Boston, Massachusetts. I am very interested in helping my community and being a mentor for children who need one. I have taken an internship as a social worker, which I did like, but I am not sure if that is something that I want to do. What are some other options...

#social-impact #child-psychology #social-worker #psychology