Career Questions tagged Mental Health

Caitlin’s Avatar
Caitlin Sep 17 75 views

What careers and college majors would you consider if these were your interests?

Not sure if it's the same for other high school students but mine has us focus on self-awareness and college prep as part of curriculum outside of working with our guidance counselors. It's part of my english class. Something we have been working on is an essay about our career interests. I am...

David’s Avatar
David Sep 16 127 views

How to be successful in a job without making mistakes

How be successful at your dream job without a lot of mistakes that keep happening and getting in the way when you are trying to accomplish your goal and succeed?

Breaisha’s Avatar
Breaisha Sep 16 79 views

How can I manage stress now before college?

Before going into college next year fall, I want to make sure I'm fully prepared and know what's coming ahead! A key major to that is stress management

alexandra’s Avatar
alexandra Sep 13 143 views

Work Life Balance of a Therapist?

What is the overall work life balance of a clinical mental health therapist? Is the job stressful, do you have a hard time disassociating at the end of the day?

Erica’s Avatar
Erica Aug 24 186 views

What are some passion project ideas that a student interested in the health field can do?

I'm passionate about arts and health. I've already done a passion project for art, which was curating and sponsoring a teen-art gallery to support a non-profit. Not only that, but I've done some volunteering at hospitals and Red Cross, which has been great so far. What are some ideas for a...

Erica’s Avatar
Erica Jul 27 402 views

How do you limit procrastination?

I think this has been an issue tons of people have because procrastination makes us lose some big opportunities. What are some tips that could help out with procrastination and increase my motivation to work?

Erica’s Avatar
Erica Jul 26 313 views

Does your workplace value your mental health?

It might be a silly question but I'm genuinely curious about people's prospect. This is all because you're replaceable once you're 6 ft under so why not take care of your mental health?

sanaa’s Avatar
sanaa May 24 232 views

In cognitive behavioral therapy is there a "best" way to go bout approaching people's mental health conditions?

I don't want to ever approach a patient in the wrong way and end up hurting them in some way, I know every situation is different but generally how should I go about talking to my patients

amanda’s Avatar
amanda May 16 206 views

What does it take to become a licensed Psychiatrists?

How much college and training does it take to become a licensed Psychiatrist? What type of work do you do as a psychiatrist? What is the best way to approach this type of work? should you have a compassionate heart. What are some things to look forward to in the career?

Christopher’s Avatar
Christopher May 03 213 views

How do I find the motivation and passion for things that I am interested in?

I am someone who struggles with motivation and don't have a specific career I want to follow. I just want to live a good life making good money with a job I don't mind doing. How can I find my passion? Do I not know enough of myself to be throwing myself at the wind with no direction? Am I...

Ashley’s Avatar
Ashley Apr 04 231 views

In clinical psychology, what is the best way to approach a client who is struggling internally? Was there ever a situation in which you didn't know how to respond to something a client told you? If so, how did you handle it?

I'm interested in learning more about clinical psychology and its practices, but I noticed that I freeze up whenever someone close to me tells me about mental illnesses or issues that they have been going through. In these sorts of situations, I want to support them and make them feel better,...

Brooklyn’s Avatar
Brooklyn Mar 03 160 views

What courses should I take in college if I'm undecided between occupational therapy and mental health?

#occupational-therapy #mental-health

shamar’s Avatar
shamar Nov 30, 2021 271 views

How can controlling my anger benefit me?

i have serious anger issues and i want to calm it down and control it but its so hard to. #anger #Mental-health #Disability #Personal-development

Savannah’s Avatar
Savannah Aug 04, 2021 302 views

How to become a mental health counselor?

#psychology #mental-health #counseling

Briana’s Avatar
Briana May 27, 2021 236 views

How many years does it takes if you want to study 2 majors in college ?

#marriage-therapist #family-therapist
#mental-health #counselor

Briana’s Avatar
Briana May 25, 2021 250 views

What are the requirements in becoming a Mental Health Counselor ?

I will love to help people and make sure there mental health is all good! #mental-health-counseling #health #mental-health #counselor

Bernae’s Avatar
Bernae May 24, 2021 206 views

How do you enter the Mental Health field? What are the obstacles and hardships needed to be overcome?

I am debating whether or not to become a psychologist or any career path in the mental health field. My goal is to help Pw/BPD. #mental-health #mental-health-counseling

Alisen’s Avatar
Alisen May 24, 2021 559 views

What do you do a forensic psychologist?

I am a current ninth grader who has an interest in the forensic psychiatry field and would like to interview a forensic psychiatrist on his/hers/their work for a career blog assignment in my class. #psychology #forensics #mental-health #psych #criminal-justice

jakiya’s Avatar
jakiya May 21, 2021 265 views

Can having a 4 year degree in health administration take you far in the healthcare field?

#health #doctor #mental-health

jakiya’s Avatar
jakiya Apr 29, 2021 608 views

Will having a degree in health administration help someone own a hospital ?

#health #manger #career # #business #mental-health # #public-health # owner # #career-choice

CV Office Hours’s Avatar
CV Office Hours Apr 19, 2021 925 views

How do you deal with pressure or stressful situations?

Office Hours #4: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Mark Eagle This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was...

Briana’s Avatar
Briana Mar 24, 2021 369 views

Do you have any advice for someone entering the mental health industry as an undergraduate?

Hello there. I am looking to enter into the mental health field and was looking for any advice or shared experiences you might have. I am currently trying to receive my A.A. and then transfer to my desired university for Psychology. #mental-health #mental-health-counseling

orpi’s Avatar
orpi Jan 25, 2021 324 views

what do you do if you study on medicine?

#health #doctor # medicalstudent #career #nursing #doctors #hospital-and-health-care #mental-health

Abigail’s Avatar
Abigail Dec 01, 2020 418 views

What's a good action plan once I've gotten so behind in classwork it feels hopeless?

I want to get credit for these courses, but covid and the state of the world has really taken its toll. How do I go up from here?

Asking on behalf of a friend <3

#mental-health #classwork #schoolwork #college #studying #homework

Abigail’s Avatar
Abigail Dec 01, 2020 404 views

Any advice for someone who struggles intensely with motivation when it comes to schoolwork?

Asking on behalf of a friend who is experiencing mental health challenges <3

#motivation #mental-health #college #homework #schoolwork #student-life

Abigail’s Avatar
Abigail Dec 01, 2020 434 views

What are some options for someone who might drop out of college and who would like to become a teacher?

Asking on behalf of a friend who might need to take some time off due to mental health challenges <3

#college #career-change #college-drop-out #teaching #education #mental-health

Maria’s Avatar
Maria Nov 29, 2020 471 views

What can you tell me about PA Specialized in Psychiatry/Mental Health?

I was thinking about Psych Nurse but I was wondering if a PA is better?
#health #nurse #mental-health #public-health #hospital-and-health-care

Tiffiny’s Avatar
Tiffiny Nov 19, 2020 598 views

What is a good way for undergraduates to gain experience in therapy or mental health counseling?

I'm interested in pursuing a career in therapy or mental health counseling, perhaps in schools, but want to know what the experience is like before applying for graduate school in these areas. #health #mental-health-counseling #mental-health

Morgan’s Avatar
Morgan Oct 31, 2020 301 views

What type of college courses do mental health counselors take?

#mental-health #mental-health-counseling #health

Morgan’s Avatar
Morgan Oct 31, 2020 3128 views

What does a typical day look like now for a mental health counselor?

I'm interested in becoming a mental health counselor and I want to know more from experienced counselors.
#mental-health #counselor #health #therapists #mental-health-counseling