Career Questions tagged Mental Health

Bernae G.’s Avatar
Bernae G. May 24 89 views

How do you enter the Mental Health field? What are the obstacles and hardships needed to be overcome?

I am debating whether or not to become a psychologist or any career path in the mental health field. My goal is to help Pw/BPD. mental-health...

mental-health-counseling

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Apr 19 579 views

How do you deal with pressure or stressful situations?

Office Hours #4: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Mark Eagle This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was...

stress career-search careers college finances money mental-health academics family time-management

Briana M.’s Avatar
Briana M. Mar 24 189 views

Do you have any advice for someone entering the mental health industry as an undergraduate?

Hello there. I am looking to enter into the mental health field and was looking for any advice or shared experiences you might have. I am currently trying to receive my A.A. and then transfer to my desired university for Psychology. mental-health...

mental-health-counseling

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Dec 01, 2020 242 views

What's a good action plan once I've gotten so behind in classwork it feels hopeless?

I want to get credit for these courses, but covid and the state of the world has really taken its toll. How do I go up from here? Asking on behalf of a friend <3 mental-health classwork schoolwork college studying...

homework

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Dec 01, 2020 200 views
Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Dec 01, 2020 234 views

What are some options for someone who might drop out of college and who would like to become a teacher?

Asking on behalf of a friend who might need to take some time off due to mental health challenges <3 college career-change college-drop-out teaching education...

mental-health

Tiffiny L.’s Avatar
Tiffiny L. Nov 19, 2020 352 views

What is a good way for undergraduates to gain experience in therapy or mental health counseling?

I'm interested in pursuing a career in therapy or mental health counseling, perhaps in schools, but want to know what the experience is like before applying for graduate school in these areas. health mental-health-counseling...

mental-health

Morgan E.’s Avatar
Morgan E. Oct 31, 2020 1251 views

What does a typical day look like now for a mental health counselor?

I'm interested in becoming a mental health counselor and I want to know more from experienced counselors. mental-health counselor health therapists...

mental-health-counseling

Hailey D.’s Avatar
Hailey D. Oct 24, 2020 171 views

What types of mental health counselors and therapists are there?

I want to be a therapist and help people with their mental health. I'm good at communicating and I'm emotionally intelligent. mental-health-counseling mental-health public-health hospital-and-health-care health...

Hailey D.’s Avatar
Hailey D. Oct 24, 2020 181 views

Is it difficult to help all kinds of people, whether they deserve it or not?

I am a senior in high school and I have been set on studying psychology and becoming a therapist my whole life. One thing I think about a lot as I pursue this career is "am I only going to be able to help the privileged?". I want to help more people than who has a surplus of money for mental...

councelling therapists therapy mental-health therapist medicine helping-others children health help

Amanpreet K.’s Avatar
Amanpreet K. Jul 29, 2020 213 views