Career Questions tagged Equality

Emma V.’s Avatar
Emma V. Apr 26, 2018 275 views

Why is the Film Industry primarily dominated by male directors and is it difficult for women to succeed in this field?

As an aspiring female filmmaker, I have often asked myself why I only saw male directors on stage accepting their Academy Awards. Why are there few well-known female directors? Is there a low number of women filmmakers or are the talented ones not being recognized? How can I, a passionate and...

#women-in-film #women #discrimination #media #gender #film-production #film #equality

Josephine K.’s Avatar
Josephine K. Jan 16, 2018 244 views

Will complete equal rights be granted to all colored people?

It is said that we are all equal no matter what. But, I don't understand why bias takes place in jobs and school selections. I was wondering if equal rights will ever be considered no matter what race one race is or their background. #race #race-equality #equality #activism...

#ethics #race-discrimination

Alexis H.’s Avatar
Alexis H. Jan 15, 2018 252 views

Why aren't there more high school programs centered around promoting Historically Black Colleges and Universities?

Growing up I had no idea about the labels "Predominantly White Institutions(PWIs) and Historically Black Colleges and Universities". My first time being exposed to HBCU's was in a somewhat negative light. These institutions provide quality programs and diversities just like any other...

#spreadtheword #college #hbcus #college-admissions #equality #human-rights

Roosevon L.’s Avatar
Roosevon L. Oct 26, 2016 404 views

As a chemical engineer, do you realize any notable differences in the work ethics of female chemical engineers and male engineers? If so, what are some notable differences? If not, what are the similarities?

I am a female high school graduate who is looking to pursue a lifelong career in Chemical engineering. What drove me to ask this question is the simple fact that quite a few people have asked me why do I want to be a chemical engineer considering that I am a female, and "females just don't fit...

#engineering #career #women #science #work #ethic #chemical #equality

Veronica R.’s Avatar
Veronica R. May 23, 2016 400 views

What are some suggestions for keeping females and males equal in the workplace?

I'm a female, and I personally care a lot about workplace and pay equality. I want to know if there is anything I can do to ensure I'll be equal to males of the same experience and position as me....

#equality

Caitlin B.’s Avatar
Caitlin B. Apr 25, 2016 710 views