Career Questions tagged Discrimination

Emma V.’s Avatar
Emma V. Apr 26, 2018 225 views

Why is the Film Industry primarily dominated by male directors and is it difficult for women to succeed in this field?

As an aspiring female filmmaker, I have often asked myself why I only saw male directors on stage accepting their Academy Awards. Why are there few well-known female directors? Is there a low number of women filmmakers or are the talented ones not being recognized? How can I, a passionate and...

#discrimination #women-in-film #equality #film-production #gender #film #women #media

Jamie M.’s Avatar
Jamie M. May 19, 2018 229 views

What difficulties might I face as a woman in the E.R.?

I am currently a nursing student but my ultimate goal is to obtain a Doctorate of Nursing, and possibly become an E.R. doctor. I would like to know what obstacles I may face being a female doctor the E.R. #doctor #er #medicine #healthcare #hospital #hospital-and-healthcare #female #gender...

#discrimination

Claudette L.’s Avatar
Claudette L. May 29, 2018 218 views

What are my chances of of landing internships and competing with younger applicants.?

I’m 51 years old and finishing my bachelors . Worried about job offers and internships not coming my way. #human-resources #internships #jobs #discrimination...

#job-applications

Claudette L.’s Avatar
Claudette L. May 29, 2018 182 views

Is there still age discrimination in the workforce?

I have read that for people over 50 it is hard to find a job. What are the chances of me finding a good job after graduation based on my age? #discrimination, #experiencevsyouth #experience #workforce...

#environment