Career Questions tagged Human Resources

Bryan M.’s Avatar
Bryan M. Oct 31, 2018 287 views

During networking events, what questions can I ask to build meaningful relationships that also keep conversations going for along time?

In a general context, however what would be examples of questions to ask Healthcare IT professionals that can help you learn more about thier department and why they do what they do? #human-resources #interviews...

#business

Kendria V.’s Avatar
Kendria V. Oct 09, 2018 230 views
Nerissa C.’s Avatar
Nerissa C. Aug 27, 2018 214 views
Savannah W.’s Avatar
Savannah W. Aug 22, 2018 277 views

What is the greatest job in HR Management?

I am hoping to get a BS in HR Management and am really interested in what that job does. I know the basics but what is something that I can really look forward to?...

#human-resources

Greysen A.’s Avatar
Greysen A. Aug 12, 2018 394 views

What should I go to school for to work in a nonprofit?

I am really interested in working in a nonprofit, maybe something that has to do with LGBT, kids, or human rights. I think I would be interested in being a therapist of some sort within the organization. I was just wondering what would be suggested for me to go to school for to major in, and...

#nonprofits #human-resources #youth #lgbt #college-majors #therapy #humanrights

Ethan R.’s Avatar
Ethan R. Apr 16, 2018 346 views

what keeps you employed ?

Can my characteristics, appearance, and good work improve my chances in keeping a gob? #work #employment #job #job-applications #advancement #career-advising...

#human-resources

Luke H.’s Avatar
Luke H. Apr 16, 2018 434 views
Claudette L.’s Avatar
Claudette L. May 29, 2018 268 views

What are my chances of of landing internships and competing with younger applicants.?

I’m 51 years old and finishing my bachelors . Worried about job offers and internships not coming my way. #human-resources #internships #jobs #discrimination...

#job-applications

Tiffini J.’s Avatar
Tiffini J. Jul 24, 2018 298 views

Human Resource management

How can human resource management benefit someone looking to manage a 24 unit rental property? #realestate...

#human-resources

Litzy T.’s Avatar
Litzy T. Jul 12, 2018 215 views

I want to be a nurse. How do i start ?

My dream is to be a nurse . I need help along my way ... any advice #internships...

#human-resources

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 408 views

Is human resources a good major?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#human-resources #college-major #hr

Jessika C.’s Avatar
Jessika C. Apr 11, 2018 409 views

What jobs can you do with a degree in communications?

I like talking with people and being able to relay information and also being able to have human contact. #communications #people #human-resources #degree...

Justyn M.’s Avatar
Justyn M. Apr 04, 2018 443 views

How many years of school will I have to go through to go into human resources?

I want to go into Human Resources but not start off on a low status I want to start off with a high rank and make six figures when I'm a couple years out of college. #human-resources...

#makemoney

Lok Yin C.’s Avatar
Lok Yin C. Mar 31, 2018 352 views

How to write cover letter?

I am planning to apply for a summer intern in Non-governmental organisation(NGO). However, they usually would not post recruitment notice. So how should I start in the opening of the cover letter? #ngos #cover-letters ##job-offer #human-resources #summer-internship #summer-jobs...

#resume #resume-building #resume-writing

Cindy L.’s Avatar
Cindy L. Feb 19, 2018 1168 views

what to write for a follow-up email on a conditional job offer

I've accepted a conditional job offer. However, I haven't heard back from them after I accepted the offer. What should I write in the follow-up email ? #job-coaching #email #human-resources #career-counseling Thank...

Sabina B.’s Avatar
Sabina B. Dec 30, 2017 469 views

What are the most important skills and abilities you look for in employees and coworkers?

Hello everyone! I am a student halfway through my second year in college, and I hope to graduate with the skills and abilities necessary to best contribute to whichever workplace I find myself after graduation. I would love to receive responses from people of a wide variety of industries - what...

#human-resources #career-development #employee-relations #employee-training #coaching-employees

Cindy L.’s Avatar
Cindy L. Nov 20, 2017 561 views

What do you consider your most incredible achievement?

Interview question; As a student, how should I answer this question ? Can I talk about a group project (academic related) ? or Should I talk about something from my volunteer/paid work? What are some typical answers to this question? What do interviewers really want to know?...

#interview #interviewquestions #human-resources

Cindy L.’s Avatar
Cindy L. Nov 21, 2017 616 views
Kaila M.’s Avatar
Kaila M. Sep 01, 2017 458 views

What's next after the beginning?

Anybody currently in Human Resource? What was your first job in Human Resource after earning your degree? Where are you now and how long did it take you to advance to your current position? #human-resources...

#promotions

Danny L.’s Avatar
Danny L. Feb 04, 2017 961 views

How would you recommend I go about getting a job in Hong Kong?

Hi everyone, I am a college student currently very interested in working in Hong Kong. I am using some resources like Linkedin and stuff. I hear that it is possible to get jobs there even without sufficient Chinese(Cantonese and Mandarin alike). I'm looking for experiences in areas of: sales,...

#human-resources #working-abroad #hongkong #job-search #jobs #sales

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Jul 29, 2017 505 views

If you received multiple misdemeanors in various states which all were determined dismissed, will the government hire you?

I have a friend who got misdemeanors and an injunction in two different states, everything turned out to be dismissed or basically denied because nothing actually happened. They do show up in the court systems though. My friend wants to get a job with the government and has the skill set for...

#job-application #human-resources #government #career-details #personal-development #recruiting

Danny L.’s Avatar
Danny L. Jan 28, 2017 940 views

What job experiences can lead to career in Human Resources?

Hi there, I'll be graduating in an year and I'm looking through my career paths and job experiences. I have lots of experiences of living abroad and willing and wanting to work anywhere in the world. I think some values of skills of HR management really fits to me; such as listening skills,...

#college-jobs #first-job #entry-level #human-resources #international #job #career-details #experience

Vera L.’s Avatar
Vera L. May 10, 2017 1410 views

Is it possible to become a psychiatrist if my BA is in psychology?

Can I go on to become a psychiatrist if my undergraduate major is psychology? How many extra chemistry/STEM classes will I have to take in order to qualify for medical school? #medicine #psychology #graduate-school #college-bound #human-resources #college-jobs #changing-careers...

#career-details

Anush Reddy N.’s Avatar
Anush Reddy N. Sep 13, 2016 706 views

How powerful is LinkedIn ?

What is the role of LinkedIn in getting a job in US, are resumes given equal importance as LinkedIn. Which one is better ? #research #human-resources #resume #recruiting #resume-writing #linkedin...

#job-application

Pam M.’s Avatar
Pam M. Jan 26, 2017 781 views

How should you create a resume for a creative job?

I am a design student looking to find a job in the field. How should I go about creating my resume to target creative jobs (graphic design, web design, etc.). What are some key aspects I should focus on that aren't included a the conventional resume? #design #human-resources #resume...

#web-development #graphic-designer #job-application #graphic-design #web-design #creative