Career Questions tagged Summer Jobs

Mia D.’s Avatar
Mia D. May 05, 2021 399 views

What free and virtual summer programs related to medicine can I join as a high school student?

I want to build up my resume and extracurricular activities this summer. I want to join summer programs but they are all really expensive. Is there any free, virtual summer program that's for high school students related to the field of medicine? #high-school-students #high-school #summer...

AREF K.’s Avatar
AREF K. Apr 25, 2021 303 views
Emily C.’s Avatar
Emily C. Apr 05, 2021 506 views

How to follow up on internship applications?

I have been cold-emailing architecture firms seeking an internship opportunity for this summer, but have heard back from very few. Is it appropriate to follow up on emails I sent 3-4 weeks ago to try and get an answer? If so, what should I say? #internships #internship #summer-jobs #intern...

Lanzheng L.’s Avatar
Lanzheng L. May 01, 2020 387 views

Where can I find energy related internship?

New graduated Master's student studying energy market, energy efficiency, and data analysis. Where can I find an internship related to what I studied? #internship #summer-jobs #Energy #Renewable Energy #Analyst

Michael L.’s Avatar
Michael L. Apr 02, 2020 1127 views

Where do I apply for internships?

I'm currently a high school 11th grader, looking for internships, preferably over the summer. I'm looking to study Business and Economics in college. I am academically successful if that means anything. Thanks!

#business #networking #internship #summer-jobs #finance

Pak Hei Y.’s Avatar
Pak Hei Y. Apr 01, 2020 497 views

I am looking for internship or volunteering opportunities.

I am an enthusiast for new experiences and peculiar corners of the world. I believe through different points of view or just knowing different stakeholders of the world, I will learn to look at the society or even the world with better insight. That will in turn equip me further for a more...

Isha G.’s Avatar
Isha G. Mar 12, 2020 419 views

What can I do to get a summer internship with no experience

I am currently in my first year of university studying urban planning looking to gain some relevant experience this summer #internship #first-job #summer-jobs

Yuri G.’s Avatar
Yuri G. Feb 27, 2019 329 views

How to get an internship abroad

I'm always looking for software-developer internship for student abroad but I always find the requirements too high for me, even thought I'm going at university so I should be able to satisfy them.
What can you suggest me to do?
#internship
#study-abroad #summer-jobs #computer-science

Alanna E.’s Avatar
Alanna E. Aug 28, 2018 1099 views

How can I appeal to internships with little experience in my field?

I'm really interested in a summer internship in biology, wildlife, or environmental science but most applications ask for experience related to the job. I want an internship in order to have experience for my future career but I'm afraid of being rejected due to lack of it. #internship #career...

Patrick M.’s Avatar
Patrick M. Aug 22, 2018 474 views

What are some simple part-time jobs out there?

Just list down the job titles and/or the business. #job-market #summer-jobs #job-search

Jasmine B.’s Avatar
Jasmine B. Aug 07, 2018 511 views

Should I try to get an internship my first summer or get a part-time job at home?

I am going to start college in the fall. In high school I worked part-time at a fast-food restaurant. Is it too early to look for a summer internship? Or should I go back to my old job? #internships #summer-jobs

Caitlin P.’s Avatar
Caitlin P. May 17, 2018 598 views

What's the best summer internship or job one can obtain with only one functioning arm?

I got wrist surgery... I am interested in STEM, Marketing Analysis, and open to any other opportunities. #internships #STEM #computers #marketing #summer-jobs #summer-internship #college-jobs #technology #medicine #coding #data #science

luke B.’s Avatar
luke B. Apr 06, 2018 445 views

what would be the best summer job for me?

i am 15 but i really don't like the idea of working in a fast food joint i would rather be a stock boy or something like that #summer-jobs

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 06, 2018 460 views

What should I do in the summer?

For someone aiming for medicine, what are some things that I should do in the summer to make sure I am using my time wisely?

#summer-programs #resume-building #medicine #summer-jobs #internships

Denzel E.’s Avatar
Denzel E. Apr 04, 2018 609 views

What are the best places to put my coding skills to good use?

As a programmer, I want to put some of my skills to use, such as possibly working for different companies and labs. What are good places to apply at?

#technology #jobs #summer-jobs #coding #programming

Lok Yin C.’s Avatar
Lok Yin C. Mar 31, 2018 716 views

How to write cover letter?

I am planning to apply for a summer intern in Non-governmental organisation(NGO). However, they usually would not post recruitment notice. So how should I start in the opening of the cover letter? #ngos #cover-letters ##job-offer #human-resources #summer-internship #summer-jobs...

Sarah A.’s Avatar
Sarah A. Mar 16, 2018 525 views

What is the equivalent to internships in the education field?

Everyone talks about getting internships, but for someone who wants to become a teacher, what are good summer opportunities to improve a resume? #education #teaching #internships #summer-jobs

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Feb 20, 2018 666 views

Part-time jobs besides food service or retail?

I'm a college sophomore, psychology major, looking to have a more productive summer than last year (I volunteered once a week with the public library.) An internship or summer research program is my preference, but if not, I may need to resort to part-time work. I enjoyed my time at the library...

Joy Z.’s Avatar
Joy Z. Jan 25, 2018 507 views

what are some good programs for students who want to go into medical field?

looking for a pre-medical program for high schools. what should students do to prepare for getting into this field?
#medical-education #medical-school #medical-program #medicine #sports-medicine #summer-internship #summer-jobs #summer-programs #summer-courses

Jenise B.’s Avatar
Jenise B. Jan 18, 2018 437 views

Summer Campus Job vs Summer Course ?

I'm a freshman and I am having trouble deciding if I should stay on campus and do a summer job or go home and do summer courses to later transfer to my college for credit? What are some factors would you use to help pick a choice? Also, what experience did you have your freshman summer break...

Abigail W.’s Avatar
Abigail W. May 30, 2017 801 views

How can I find a summer job or internship relevant to my career path?

I'm a junior in high school and am interested in science but keep getting rejected from summer jobs that build leadership skills by teaching younger students science. I also have not found relevant internships, and I'm afraid of getting rejected once I do because of the competition from other...

Brian C.’s Avatar
Brian C. May 30, 2017 736 views

What are some recommended summer activities that I can do over the summer to show my interest in the Pharmaceutical Sciences field?

As a high school student, I have always wanted to pursue in the medical field. However, I am leaning more on the chemistry aspect, rather than biology (though I want to do both). So I figured that the best option for me is pharmaceutical sciences. The problem now I am having is deciding what...