Career questions tagged electrician

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
TristanJohn235 views

how long do you have to go to trade school to be and electrician/ plumber? And if you did a apprenticeship how long did you do it for?

I am looking into trades because they are useful skills that i can use for the rest of my life and i can also make money if i am good at it. I would like to know the full extent of what i will need to do to prepare for my future job.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Matthew303 views

What advanced certifications should I aim for as an electrician?

I'm in Job Corps right now going in for electrical which will lead me to my apprenticeship. Other than standard certificates like OSHA 10, what other certificates should I apply for?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Matthew316 views

What determines when and where you're needed or are you contracted to a company that determines it for you as an electrician?

My goal career is journeyman.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Gideon415 views

what is the most dangerous things that electricians deal with? what kind of tools will you work with when doing commercial diving? what are some of the more difficult things that commercial & industrial designers do?

I want to know why I asked this question because I am thinking of going into these careers and what the risks are.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Christopher260 views

What is the workload like? How is the work you do mean to you? Where should I go for good work?

I want to be an electrician, I will work as hard as I can.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kaleb698 views

how would i progress fast on my career? what if i wanna live in another country with this career? how often will i be exposed to hights?

so i wanna move to utah after im done with apprenticeship and other states, eventually norway, i wanna progress the career ladder and become get a masters in electrical, i dont necessarily do well with hights but i will do then but how would i get over it?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
A300 views

What are the real experiences of Electricians and Fashion Designers?

I'm nearly out of high school, and have a few options lined up for me - and really only two that jump out at me - but I'm stuck wondering what career will be best for me long term, financially and engagement wise, but my searches come up pretty lacking in any actual answers. Between electrician work and fashion design, I kind of feel like there isn't really a good way to accurately find what can keep me supported in the current economy, as well as keep me engaged without overworking - especially with the tens of articles and "Why choose this job?" blogs that make me want to tear my hair out with how they don't actually have any information in them! I've put weeks of thought into it, as well as months worth of research, but I'm not actually finding things of worth that don't just boil down to "This job is hard, and exhausting. But it is super amazing, really!" I understand that a lot of jobs can be like that - I want the Whys of them being like that. The specifics. On top of that, I don't have the opportunity to go and ask the questions I want to actual members of these fields (which is why I've come here - hooray) due to poor location and lack of funding for transport (alas, the struggle of a teen). Do I start off with the rigorous and rewarding electrician work that is almost guaranteed to pay well out of trade school - where I can work with my hands frequently and get to see every step come together even more every day, or go for the selective and vicious fashion world that comparatively has a minor opportunity (though still possible and therefore a very attractive option still) for me to make a more than comfortable living - where I'll spend more than half my time at the drawing board or doing mock ups before getting to have the fruits of my labor in my hands but get to flourish in my creativity? I guess what I'm trying to say is that, since I don't have any experience working with either field, is that I'm too far back to be able to see all the pros and cons of both options that aren't colored by contradictory articles and sites that rack up the word count without saying anything of real substance about the actual jobs themselves. I could really use some help, and would greatly appreciate some info (yes, the good and amazing of it as well as the nitty gritty about how bad it could be) from people who've experienced what it's like in those working worlds. Things like past experiences, what the training or schooling was like, how different the working environments can vary and if there's any constant in them between different companies. Thanks in advance!

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
ashton219 views

I have a list of questions for electricians.

What education or training is required? Are there any schools in central Ohio that offers programs to train for this job. Is the training offered by the employer? How long does it take to complete the required training for this job? What personality traits are helpful in this job? What skills are helpful in this job? Where do I need to live for this job? What does the demand look like for workers with this job in Ohio? What does the demand look like for workers with this job nationwide? What is the average starting salary for this job? What is the overall average salary for this job?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
EVJNA247 views

what will this do for me?

what will electrical do for me once I finish school? how far can it get me in life

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jana275 views

Is there any OSHA violations or safety concerns I should know?

I would like to work as an electrician.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jana176 views

How much money do I make starting off?

I want to become an electrician.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
kristal167 views

cuales son los riesgos en electricians?

specifically for, anyone in the electrical field

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jana270 views

What are the skills I need to learn as an electrician?

I want to know all the knowledge and skills regarding this question.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
octavio214 views

how long will it take to get a business degree for a electrician?

how many years will it take

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jana263 views

What does a typical day look like as an electrician?

I want to know more about what an electrician does.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Levi258 views

Is being an electrician easy or hard and why?

I want to be an electrician

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
John215 views

What hours do electricians have?

Are they inconsistent? Are the hours dependent on your salary or the other way around?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
John175 views

What do you know about electricians?

I have an uncle that is an electrician, and I've recently gained interest in it and I'd like to learn more about the education and the pay of the career.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Adam180 views

Where do I start to become an electrician.

I want to be an electrician and I don’t know where to start

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Caesar113 views

How can I become an electronic repairman and what will I need?

Hello my name is Caesar and I am a middle school student and I want to learn how I can become an electronic repairman. If someone can help me out by telling me what degrees I will need for it and also by telling me what dangers are apart or the job and what I can use to protect myself.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jose173 views

What type of roadblocks do people go through as electricians?

I am a middle school student who has considered being an electrician since elementary school. What type of roadblocks do people go through as electricians? Is it worth going to college for 2 years if I’m just going to get paid $51,300 annually?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Tyshade385 views

What are the steps of becoming a electrician?

I'm in alternative school and working towards getting my electrician or automotive certificate.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Tim344 views

Is SVCTE, a CTE school, a legit enough school for electrican?

I am currently a student at San Jose Job Corps and I am trying to be a electrician. The center here doesn't actually teach people Electrician despite that being my trade and instead sends people to a place called SVCTE, a Career Technical Education school, to obtain the trade. Has anyone gotten hired as a pre-apprentice at San Jose Job Corps or SVCTE? Information on Trade: https://www.metroed.net/Page/115 Video related to the trade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUkDrPn_ZvI

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
khamaje613 views

What are the most crucial safety guidelines for electricians?

Any information that may be overlooked because not as common but also info that is the most helpful in all types of electrical situations

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
khamaje494 views

What is your experience with troubleshooting existing electrical systems?

any problems at all from common to rare problems I should know. I am in trade school interested in electricians work

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
khamaje365 views

what are common mistakes in electricians work and how do you combat those mistakes

I am currently in trade school with an interest in the electricians field of work

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Isaias210 views

What do i need to become an Electrician?

Im a graduated senior going into college and I want to know what I can do to jumpstart something towards becoming an electrician

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jesus140 views

How long does it take to study for an Electrician?

How long are the courses

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jesus173 views

What does it take to become an electrician working with solar panels or buildingsls?

I am enrolled in San Jose Job Corps awaiting to study for Electrical Maintenance

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kamareoun275 views

What's the best and worst thing about being an Electrician?

I'm a Job Corps student that wants to become an Electrician

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon