Career Questions tagged Personal Development

Personal development Is a life long process. Seeking advice from professionals is a great way to move to the next step. Some careers where people work in personal development are...

Yun Ting P.’s Avatar
Yun Ting P. May 09 98 views

What are some online courses I can take to better prepare myself for the future?

I am a social sciences student in university, and am hoping to better prepare myself for my future career. During this pandemic, I hope that I can pick up some skills online, what are some skills I should pick up? #socialsciences #college #career...

#personal-development

Somali P.’s Avatar
Somali P. Apr 15 69 views

Can i apply for campus ambassador or any internship program?

I’m looking for the opportunity to expand my learning, put to use my skills and experience, work in a team. #programming #computer #internship #personal-development #studentintern ship #computer-science...

#technology

Aaron S.’s Avatar
Aaron S. Feb 01 167 views

What are skills that are necessary but often neglected?

I'm a high school student going into college. I've heard that a lot of important skills are neglected to be taught to be taught in school that are invaluable in any job, like presentation skills. #student #personal-development...

#skills

Jonathan C.’s Avatar
Jonathan C. Nov 08, 2019 97 views

What skills are needed to be a computer animator?

I want to know what is needed to know in order to be a computer animator #computer-science #computer #career...

#personal-development

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Nov 06, 2019 72 views

What are some tips to give to new animators?

What are some tips or advise in general that will benefit new animators in the long run for this career? #animation #art #graphic-design...

#personal-development

stephen H.’s Avatar
stephen H. Aug 21, 2019 74 views
Abner T.’s Avatar
Abner T. Mar 04, 2019 163 views

So what is a typical day like for you?

Are you hard worker? Do you do any extracurricular activities? Any useful hobbies or skills you might have or partake in? Are you ok with waking up early or staying late?...

#personal-development

jesus L.’s Avatar
jesus L. Jan 22, 2019 163 views

how can i advance in my skills to be able to work as a quality control operater

the skills I need to work on is for the company and myself #personal-development #business...

#career

franziska B.’s Avatar
franziska B. Jan 22, 2018 282 views

How long does it take to adjust to a university located in a large city?

I currently live in a small/medium city, but many of the schools I applied to are located in very large cities. I'm wondering how overwhelming it can be to move someone so different than what I'm used to. #moving #personal-development #dorm-life...

#college-life

Brian F.’s Avatar
Brian F. May 24, 2018 517 views

Besides a computer science degree, what else can I do while in college to make myself more employable after college?

In addition to working on my college degree in technology, what else should I do while in college to make myself more employable? #computer-science #degree #technology #employable #job-application...

#personal-development

Shiloh B.’s Avatar
Shiloh B. May 10, 2018 470 views

What is the most important professional quality a person can have?

Employers, teachers, colleges, and even parents all search for and even expect certain qualities in people. What are a few of the qualities you look for in someone and what do you think the most important quality would be? #qualified #expectations #personal-development #professional-development...

#professional-training

Amiya G.’s Avatar
Amiya G. Jan 17, 2018 436 views

How do you know if your making the best decision possible for yourself?

I often find myself thinking what would have happened if I had picked another decision in my life which questioned if it was the best decision to make. #decision-making...

#personal-development

cassandra E.’s Avatar
cassandra E. Jan 31, 2018 475 views

What can I do to help stop my procrastination?

I procrastinate alot and its a very bad habit, what will help me to be on task?#badstudent #procrastination #tryingtodobetter #personal-development...

#time-management

Lauren N.’s Avatar
Lauren N. Jan 21, 2018 291 views

How difficult is it to live on your own for the first time?

I will be moving out to go to school two hours away from my parents. I have never had to really worry about expenses before. Sure I had my credit card, union dues, and other things that were minimal in cost. The thought of being responsible for everything is stressing my out. #stressed...

#personal-development #college #anxious #newexperiences #excited

Chastity D.’s Avatar
Chastity D. Jan 17, 2018 380 views
Theresa P.’s Avatar
Theresa P. Jan 22, 2018 435 views

How can I balance school work, extra curricular activities, and a social life so that I succeed?

I plan to be a Biology major on the pre-med track and I need to excel academically, include myself in internships and volunteering, as well as lead a healthy social life. #medicine #anesthesiology #work-life-balance #personal-development...

#biology

naomi H.’s Avatar
naomi H. Jan 20, 2018 386 views

How to bounce back from failure when you have depression ?

For most of my life, I’ve been a pretty good student. People always expected me to get into Ivy League but I went to SUNY instead. The work load is easy for me but after getting severe depression and anxiety, my grades have plummeted and I lost all my financial aid after appeal. I feel like...

#personal-development #work-life-balance #depression #failure #future #confidence

Chris M.’s Avatar
Chris M. Jan 23, 2018 333 views

What is the best way to prepare for SAT test?

I am taking the test next year and I am looking for some good ways to prepare for it. #sat #testing #college-admissions #studying-tips...

#personal-development

Jhovani G.’s Avatar
Jhovani G. Jan 25, 2018 379 views

What's your biggest challenge in college?

I want to know how hard college is and someone's point of view of it. #collegelife #college...

#personal-development

Madeleine C.’s Avatar
Madeleine C. Jan 19, 2018 351 views

How do you survive college?

What are your tips for surviving college? How to manage stress, school work, and a social life? #collegelife #college...

#personal-development

Ludmilla S.’s Avatar
Ludmilla S. Jan 18, 2018 326 views

How to deal with racial discrimination in college and future career?

I am excited about beginning the second quarter of my life, however, the aching fear is always scratching my back. I am scared to go to many places because I do not want to deal with racism but I know I have to encounter it one day. I know my first reaction will be to cry but I want to be able...

#personal-development #helping #race-discrimination #future #college-advice #scared

Shaniya E.’s Avatar
Shaniya E. Jan 17, 2018 330 views

What's a good way to balance your life?

I would like to think I know how to balance my life but I would like to see others strategies on how to balance school and social life. #college-freshman #personal-development #college-advice...

#work-life-balance

Paola G.’s Avatar
Paola G. Jan 10, 2018 426 views

What are challenges when trying to pursue a career that you are passionate about?

I am a junior and wish to know the challenges many faced when pursuing their ideal careers or the change of career. #job-search #career #work-life-balance #personal-development...

#personal-statements

Kiara D.’s Avatar
Kiara D. Feb 15, 2017 405 views

What state requirements do I need to be able to own and develop a business?

I want to be able to own my own business so I can introduce myself to the world. I want to start a little at a time. #entrepreneurship #business-development #small-business #career-specific...

#personal-development

Eduardo Y.’s Avatar
Eduardo Y. Sep 01, 2017 481 views
Madeleine H.’s Avatar
Madeleine H. Aug 31, 2017 303 views

HELP!!! How do I stay focused in a class that I am not interested in?

I have to take generals that I am not interested in at all. I want to get a good grade and I do want to learn something new. I just can't get the motivation to stay focus during the class. #focus #boringclass #interested...

#personal-development

Gillian B.’s Avatar
Gillian B. Sep 01, 2017 327 views

How can I enhance my study skills while I'm in college?

I rarely study in high school and I know I need better ways to study when I get into college . #studyskills #college...

#personal-development

Caleb Q.’s Avatar
Caleb Q. Apr 12, 2017 711 views

How does one decide upon an interest?

When it comes to careers, I generally want to choose a career that interests me. However, I haven't been able to narrow my interests down to a point where I can choose a career path that interests me. Some of my interests include: Biology, Technology, Music, Programming, Psychology, Philosophy,...

#career-choice #personal-development #undecided #career-counseling