Career Questions tagged English

English, like communications, is a staple in every career and school. Someone wanting to pursue a career for English majors can look to technical writing, librarians, lawyers, and a lot...

suki Y.’s Avatar
suki Y. Jun 13 153 views

How to read a book effectively if you don’t know the language well?

Hi! I have learned English for about 10years but still can’t manage myself to read a English book faster and effectively. Can someone tell me how you build up your vocabulary enough to read a book effectively. #books #english...

#language

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Jun 10 117 views

Should English be my minor or 2nd major?

I have committed to my college as a psychology major. I am looking at a career in either (or both, if possible) research psychology or editing and publishing. Do you think I can land a job in editing when English is only my minor? Is it worth the extra effort to double major? How do minors...

#major #english #englishliterature #college-major

Madalyn L.’s Avatar
Madalyn L. May 24 101 views

How stable is being a TEFL teacher?

Another career I'm considering is TEFL. #education #travel #english #teaching...

#tefl

Marie E.’s Avatar
Marie E. May 22 75 views

Can I Become fluent in ASL?

ASL- American #english #any Sign...

To D.’s Avatar
To D. May 19 113 views
Hilary C.’s Avatar
Hilary C. Apr 22 122 views

How can I build and maintain a career based on both the English and Chinese-speaking world?

Hello! I am from Hong Kong and now study Psychology in the UK. I am interested in a career within healthcare and social welfare. #social-work #psychology #english...

#marketing

Hannah G.’s Avatar
Hannah G. Feb 28 121 views

What are some good English majors in a lot of colleges?

I like to read and write. #college...

#english

Navid N.’s Avatar
Navid N. Feb 10 126 views

How long is an internship?

Anthropology and English student in college #anthropology #english #education...

#internship

Shea T.’s Avatar
Shea T. Feb 01 170 views
Darrian L.’s Avatar
Darrian L. Jan 25 93 views

Where can I get a good writing-based position?

I'm Darrian and I want to major in the English field later in life, where can I get started? #english #college-major...

#career

Mariam A.’s Avatar
Mariam A. Dec 18, 2019 169 views

What should I do in order to simplify my preference if I have several majors in mind that are very different?

As I explored more majors and explored all my interests and how I could pursue them, I settled on a couple which I was told is expected. The thing is my options are extremely varied and do not relate to each other at all which is now causing a problem as i'm choosing my classes for my future...

#computer_science #biology #major #university #english #cybersecurity #journalism #medicine #undecided

José Alberto G.’s Avatar
José Alberto G. Nov 16, 2019 93 views

What kind of jobs I can apply for as a Languages major?

I'm majoring in English and German. My mother tongue is Spanish #foreign-languages #english...

#college-major

Tim S.’s Avatar
Tim S. Nov 07, 2019 136 views

How did you make post-secondary affordable?

Good at learning. Open to feedback. Friendly and playful. Looking to get out of my state for college. Aspirations of being an English major. #college #english #business...

#economics

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Oct 14, 2019 149 views

Editors and publishers- what was your major?

I've heard that English is too broad and journalism is dying. Are these true? What did you major in to become an editor or publisher? I intend to major in psychology, but I am looking to dual major or minor in some kind of English. Can I still get a career as a publisher or editor if I just...

#major #editor #publisher #english #college-major

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Oct 13, 2019 132 views

How can I become a journalist/author/writer for psychology research?

I am a high school senior with a passion for psychology and a knack for writing. I am looking to major in psychology. Should I minor or dual major in English, or another field? What else do I need to pursue in order to accomplish this? #psychology #college-major #english #research-psychology...

#author #journalism #writing

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Aug 26, 2019 212 views

Can I succeed in business? How can I pick a career that properly suits my interests?

Hello, I'm currently a second-year college student, and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with my future. I'm currently majoring in English, but I've been debating whether to add business as a second major due to my interest in what I perceive as business-related fields. The only...

#career-path #education #help #college-major #major #student #business #work #business-degree #choosing-a-major #job #business-field #career-advice #business-major #career-counseling #english #english-major #english-degree #student-advice #career #career-coach #advice #work-experience #job-experience #publishing #career-planning #career-help

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Aug 26, 2019 176 views

Can an English major work in business-related jobs?

As my question says, I'm wondering how successful an English major would be at working in business-related jobs. For example, I'm really interested in the publishing industry. Can you find success working in the publishing industry with only an English degree, or would you recommend...

#career-path #education #help #college-major #major #student #business #work #business-degree #choosing-a-major #job #business-field #career-advice #business-major #career-counseling #english #english-major #english-degree #student-advice #career #advice #work-experience #job-experience #publishing #career-planning #career-help

Emma B.’s Avatar
Emma B. Feb 20, 2019 169 views

What should I research on journalisim?

I want to know what type of books I should look for. I'm in 4th grade and doing a career project. And the career I am focused on is a Journalist. I don't know what to research and I need some ideas or suggestions for types of books I should get/ read. Make it appropriate for a 10 year old....

#author #reporting #reading #journalist #books #writing #english #journalism

Stephanie R.’s Avatar
Stephanie R. May 10, 2019 151 views

What’s the best career option for me?

I’m going to get a degree in English. I’ve had a passion for writing for as long as I can remember. Ideally, I’d like to find a nice writing job that’d be perfect for a very shy, quiet introvert like myself—in other words, a writing job with minimal interaction with others. I understand if this...

#english

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Apr 16, 2019 231 views

Debate vs AP Literature and Composition

In my school instead of a Language Arts Class, you can take Debate. Would it be better to be on Debate and the Debate team, or should I stick with a hard class like APLAC? I also have the option of taking college English or Business Communications. What's the option for college applications?...

#educator #air-force #acting #ap #student #writer #debate #writing #school #teacher #author #classes #college #english #higher-education #military #high-school #any #schedule

paola M.’s Avatar
paola M. Apr 17, 2019 166 views

What are some steps in becoming a successful writer? What should I major in?

I would like to be a writer some day and I would like to know how to get my writing out there, how to be noticed. I will be going to college next year in the fall and I was thinking or majoring in English literature. Would that be a good major? #writing #college #author #college-major #books...

#english #literarture

Paola M.’s Avatar
Paola M. Apr 16, 2019 168 views

What is the best way to become a writer?

I love to read and write and I wouldn't mind working in a field that involves that such as publishing and editing. But I would like to write my own books or be a writer in a some type of magazine. What would be the best way to get my writing noticed and successful? I would like to major in...

#author #english #columnist #books #writing #literature

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Apr 16, 2019 170 views

Are ACT Prep Classes really that helpful?

I need an ACT score of at least 30 to get into a military academy. From my PSAT score, I'll probably get a 28. Will an ACT Prep class actually raise my score by two points or more? Thanks! #college #military #military #act #art #physics #air-force #navy #marines #theater #act #career #test...

#education #reading #academy #ap #high-school #language #writing #english #math