Career Questions tagged English

English, like communications, is a staple in every career and school. Someone wanting to pursue a career for English majors can look to technical writing, librarians, lawyers, and a lot...

Diya’s Avatar
Diya Aug 09 119 views

Thinking of dropping a degree and going for another one, I mean should I? After giving it a year.

I'm in my first year of a BA degree, my subjects are Psychology, English Lit & Education. Things are not working well for me, I am not liking it so far, disappointed with my college and myself. All I think of is working in the media field, taking interviews, hosting shows, working in...

Jonathan’s Avatar
Jonathan Jul 13 118 views

What is the best area to study if I want to teach English and Literature in college?

I am interested in becoming a college Literature professor. I am almost complete with my Master in Literature and I would like to know what steps I should take next when pursuing my PHD in Literature. Would it be best to focus on a general English, general literature, or should I narrow it to a...

Kosha’s Avatar
Kosha Jul 08 159 views

What vast opportunities do i have after doing Ba in English

is Ba in English a best course ? after Ba can i do Ma in Mass Comm ?

what are the career options after Ba in English

Am i on a right track ! please help me on this

Thank you !

Nada’s Avatar
Nada Jan 10 250 views

Any good ideas for what to mojor or minor with journalism? It's my dream to study it but I want to have have something to fall back on.

I'm not really good at math or sciences but I would like to be able to find something that is somehow interlinked with english or journalism so I can maybe use both of them together to help me get a job since i've heard its hard to find one. Thanks in advance and any ideas are appreciated....

Nada’s Avatar
Nada Jan 09 269 views

I want to go into journalism but its not that encouraging from the things ive seen. Any advice on how to start from grade 11 to try and make that happen?

I love writing more than anything and I've always wanted to go into something that has to do with it. I have always liked spreading the word on recent events or social issues and I think journalism is the best way to do this. I would really like to pursue it in university but I've heard its...

Sid’s Avatar
Sid Dec 01, 2021 205 views

How to get better at remembering words in English type it.

Saying words is english is easy but writing it can be hard need more practice. #english #writing

Jinnelle’s Avatar
Jinnelle Nov 02, 2021 187 views

how to make writing your profession earn money

#money #writing #english

Kennedy’s Avatar
Kennedy Jul 27, 2021 424 views

what's the quickest way to get a job teaching english in Korea?

I want to teach english to students but I don't want to be in the U.S. while doing it. #english #education #college #teaching

nune’s Avatar
nune Jul 27, 2021 270 views

how to spoken english

how imporve english skils #english

Christopher’s Avatar
Christopher Jul 19, 2021 257 views

Is there a job demand for the career in Paso TX?

i do not know how to speak English
#english #psychology

Prasanth’s Avatar
Prasanth Jul 14, 2021 304 views

how to improve english communication skill

im prasanth from chennaoi #english #writing

Qiaowen’s Avatar
Qiaowen Jun 28, 2021 270 views

What's plan would fast to learn english?

#english #language

Que’s Avatar
Que Jun 26, 2021 406 views

How be a good teacher in the special needs department?

I am a high school graduate and I am looking for information on about being a good teacher.
#teacher #education #english #math

layal’s Avatar
layal Jun 14, 2021 292 views

What is the best way to find out what career is best for you?

I like English, writing, music, helping others, #english etc.

Divya’s Avatar
Divya Apr 20, 2021 296 views

Which A-levels should I choose for medicine?

My GCSEs are almost done with and I have to choose my A-levels soon. I've already decided on taking biology and chemistry for my first two options, and maybe psychology as a third option because I think it's related to medicine and can help me. My fourth option is giving me quite a bit of a...

Kenth’s Avatar
Kenth Apr 08, 2021 430 views

Im burnt out and out of ideas

it started like around 3 weeks after I did some drawing spree, when I draw something I never finish it I got easily burnt out and when I tried going back to that art I began losing interest in it , maybe its because I draw too much for straight 2 weeks? Should I rest for at least a month or...

Sara’s Avatar
Sara Mar 03, 2021 325 views

I want some advice?

I am currently at the university in the career of Language Pedagogy. I like languages, but I'm not good at English, every semester I find it harder with my studies. I make an effort in studying pedagogy and learning English, but my academic performance in English subjects has low marks because...

Derven’s Avatar
Derven Feb 26, 2021 418 views

What schools have the best journalism scholarships?

I love to write and create my own stories within my writing. #writing #journalism #english

Francisco’s Avatar
Francisco Feb 25, 2021 323 views

Is being a short story writer a career path?

Being a first generation college student means that I'm going in blind in this. None of my family members ever finished school so if I go and ask them for help/advice they can't give any. School counselors are not much help so I'm turning to the internet. I've never really excelled in anything,...

Sara’s Avatar
Sara Feb 05, 2021 363 views

How can learning English!!

Hablo español but I want learning English for my career. #english #careers #english-grammar

Bekka’s Avatar
Bekka Feb 01, 2021 356 views

What are the major differences between elementary and middle school teachers?

My dream has always been to be an elementary school teacher, but I really like English as well. I am debating either an elementary school teacher or a middle school English teacher, and don't know which to choose. I really like working with kids, presenting/public speaking, etcetera. #teacher...

Manasvi’s Avatar
Manasvi Jan 31, 2021 291 views

What majors should I take up in college?

I'm interested in philosophy, psychology and english literature, and I can confidently say I can do well in these fields since its all I've ever been doing since I started to understand the importance and jobs. Although there aren't many good colleges or unis I can find that offer all three...

Jasmine’s Avatar
Jasmine Dec 02, 2020 478 views

I am an English and Literature major ser to graduate with my Bachelors in English. I've tried LinkedIn and everything I can think of to gain experience to become a writer/editor. Any other suggestions?

Writing
Editing
Proofreading
Typing #literature #english #english-grammar #english-composition

Paulina Vanessa’s Avatar
Paulina Vanessa Nov 18, 2020 331 views

What does teacher hiring look like for December graduates?

I am studying an undergraduate degree in Education, specializing in Middle School English, Language Arts & Reading with an ESL teacher certification. I will finish my degree on the Fall semester and would love to get a teaching job immediately after graduation. However, I know that there...

Laci’s Avatar
Laci Nov 05, 2020 370 views

What steps should I take to get the career I want?

I'm a sophomore at Miyamura High School, I'm 15 years old. I'm into art, psychology, history, and the subject ; English. I want to become a teacher that teaches abroad. #art #careers #english #psychology #teacher #literature

sydnee’s Avatar
sydnee Oct 27, 2020 332 views

Is being a kindergarten teacher fun?

I'm in 8th grade. I have a class called career and technology. We are doing a project by asking questions about the careers we would like to do when we are older. #career #teacher #english #principal #teaching

Zeporian’s Avatar
Zeporian Sep 18, 2020 536 views

What are good career options if I am interested in both writing and "using my creative mind"?

I am a sophomore in high school looking for career options that not only let me use my creative mind but also don't limit me from doing more than one thing in life. I don't know exactly what I want to do, however I do know I want it to make people smile. I'm interested in writing, traveling,...

jessica’s Avatar
jessica Sep 11, 2020 425 views

FOB-How do i get better at communicating and presenting in business setting?

Hi I'm new in America and wonder how I can get better at leading discussions and presenting in meetings. I'm somewhat good in English but not as proficient as natives in storytelling. I'm afraid I already feel English has been a bottleneck in my internships. I don't want to be perceived as...

Zeporian’s Avatar
Zeporian Sep 04, 2020 636 views

I'm a sophomore in high school and I'm exploring my career options. What are some career options that align with these interests and what are some helpful next steps I can take in the near future?

At school I'm mostly interested in English while my hobbies include writing, criticizing or praising movies and music, photography, and anything that has to do with design or visual art. Topics that intrigue me are politics, debate, and changing the world for the...

Amanda’s Avatar
Amanda Jul 31, 2020 374 views

What kind of work do environmental lawyers do?

I'm thinking about going into environmental law because I love English and I'm passionate about sustainability and the environment, but I don't know a lot about what kind of work it involves. Are there different types of environmental lawyers? Does it involve a lot of writing and editing? Are...