Career Questions tagged English

English, like communications, is a staple in every career and school. Someone wanting to pursue a career for English majors can look to technical writing, librarians, lawyers, and a lot...

Hannah G.’s Avatar
Hannah G. Feb 28 52 views

What are some good English majors in a lot of colleges?

I like to read and write. #college...

#english

Navid N.’s Avatar
Navid N. Feb 10 90 views

How long is an internship?

Anthropology and English student in college #anthropology #english #education...

#internship

Shea T.’s Avatar
Shea T. Feb 01 87 views
Darrian L.’s Avatar
Darrian L. Jan 25 55 views

Where can I get a good writing-based position?

I'm Darrian and I want to major in the English field later in life, where can I get started? #english #college-major...

#career

Mariam A.’s Avatar
Mariam A. Dec 18, 2019 99 views

What should I do in order to simplify my preference if I have several majors in mind that are very different?

As I explored more majors and explored all my interests and how I could pursue them, I settled on a couple which I was told is expected. The thing is my options are extremely varied and do not relate to each other at all which is now causing a problem as i'm choosing my classes for my future...

#medicine #undecided #cybersecurity #journalism #english #biology #major #university #computer_science

José Alberto G.’s Avatar
José Alberto G. Nov 16, 2019 62 views

What kind of jobs I can apply for as a Languages major?

I'm majoring in English and German. My mother tongue is Spanish #foreign-languages #english...

#college-major

Tim S.’s Avatar
Tim S. Nov 07, 2019 96 views

How did you make post-secondary affordable?

Good at learning. Open to feedback. Friendly and playful. Looking to get out of my state for college. Aspirations of being an English major. #college #english #business...

#economics

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Oct 14, 2019 108 views

Editors and publishers- what was your major?

I've heard that English is too broad and journalism is dying. Are these true? What did you major in to become an editor or publisher? I intend to major in psychology, but I am looking to dual major or minor in some kind of English. Can I still get a career as a publisher or editor if I just...

#editor #publisher #college-major #major #english

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Oct 13, 2019 91 views

How can I become a journalist/author/writer for psychology research?

I am a high school senior with a passion for psychology and a knack for writing. I am looking to major in psychology. Should I minor or dual major in English, or another field? What else do I need to pursue in order to accomplish this? #psychology #college-major #english #research-psychology...

#writing #journalism #author

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Aug 26, 2019 165 views

Can I succeed in business? How can I pick a career that properly suits my interests?

Hello, I'm currently a second-year college student, and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with my future. I'm currently majoring in English, but I've been debating whether to add business as a second major due to my interest in what I perceive as business-related fields. The only...

#career-path #business-degree #career-coach #work-experience #career-advice #english #student #english-major #career-help #business-major #college-major #business-field #career-planning #job #choosing-a-major #job-experience #business #help #career-counseling #english-degree #work #advice #career #major #education #student-advice #publishing

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Aug 26, 2019 130 views

Can an English major work in business-related jobs?

As my question says, I'm wondering how successful an English major would be at working in business-related jobs. For example, I'm really interested in the publishing industry. Can you find success working in the publishing industry with only an English degree, or would you recommend...

#career-path #business-degree #work-experience #career-advice #english #student #english-major #career-help #business-major #college-major #business-field #career-planning #job #choosing-a-major #job-experience #business #help #career-counseling #english-degree #work #advice #career #major #education #student-advice #publishing

Emma B.’s Avatar
Emma B. Feb 20, 2019 128 views

What should I research on journalisim?

I want to know what type of books I should look for. I'm in 4th grade and doing a career project. And the career I am focused on is a Journalist. I don't know what to research and I need some ideas or suggestions for types of books I should get/ read. Make it appropriate for a 10 year old....

#journalism #english #books #author #reading #writing #reporting #journalist

Stephanie R.’s Avatar
Stephanie R. May 10, 2019 126 views

What’s the best career option for me?

I’m going to get a degree in English. I’ve had a passion for writing for as long as I can remember. Ideally, I’d like to find a nice writing job that’d be perfect for a very shy, quiet introvert like myself—in other words, a writing job with minimal interaction with others. I understand if this...

#english

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Apr 16, 2019 183 views

Debate vs AP Literature and Composition

In my school instead of a Language Arts Class, you can take Debate. Would it be better to be on Debate and the Debate team, or should I stick with a hard class like APLAC? I also have the option of taking college English or Business Communications. What's the option for college applications?...

#english #student #higher-education #author #schedule #air-force #writing #military #any #teacher #debate #high-school #classes #acting #college #educator #school #ap #writer

paola M.’s Avatar
paola M. Apr 17, 2019 135 views

What are some steps in becoming a successful writer? What should I major in?

I would like to be a writer some day and I would like to know how to get my writing out there, how to be noticed. I will be going to college next year in the fall and I was thinking or majoring in English literature. Would that be a good major? #writing #college #author #college-major #books...

#literarture #english

Paola M.’s Avatar
Paola M. Apr 16, 2019 142 views

What is the best way to become a writer?

I love to read and write and I wouldn't mind working in a field that involves that such as publishing and editing. But I would like to write my own books or be a writer in a some type of magazine. What would be the best way to get my writing noticed and successful? I would like to major in...

#literature #writing #english #columnist #author #books

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Apr 16, 2019 135 views

Are ACT Prep Classes really that helpful?

I need an ACT score of at least 30 to get into a military academy. From my PSAT score, I'll probably get a 28. Will an ACT Prep class actually raise my score by two points or more? Thanks! #college #military #military #act #art #physics #air-force #navy #marines #theater #act #career #test...

#high-school #math #english #language #academy #reading #writing #education #ap

Rahul S.’s Avatar
Rahul S. Oct 04, 2018 175 views

What is the career option for English Literature Students

Hello UGC NET Exam is the best career option for those want to make career in lectureship and Research program. If you have completed masters in the Commerce, Arts or Humanities subject you can prepare for the UGC NET Exam. There are more than 80 subjects in the UGC NET Exam. The UGC NET Exam...

#english #career

Devon W.’s Avatar
Devon W. Oct 03, 2018 124 views
Sara W.’s Avatar
Sara W. Aug 30, 2018 554 views

What are good majors to pair with English Literature for a double major?

I'm really wanting to go into English Literature during college, but I think perhaps it would be wise to get a double major, for practicality and broader scope of career, but I'm not sure which major would be best to go into to supplement/compliment my Literature degree. #english #double-major...

#college-major #majors

Sara W.’s Avatar
Sara W. Aug 30, 2018 181 views

Where could one intern who is an English major?

I've been considering applying for several schools that would require internships for me to complete my degree, and I would like to take as much advantage of this opportunity as possible. I'm primarily interested in a career involving the literary arts. Are there any particular types of places...

#english #literature #internships #double-major