Career Questions tagged International Affairs

Taylor Y.’s Avatar
Taylor Y. Jan 15, 2018 526 views

When thinking of a career path should I have how much debt I will be in after college in mind?

I want to work for a volunteer organization or other low profitable jobs, but I also want to get a college degree. I'm just wondering if it would be smarter/worth it to wait a few years after college before going into a low profitable career because of money? international-affairs...

loans college student-loans student-debt scholarships money-management debt financial-aid

Ena W.’s Avatar
Ena W. Mar 20, 2017 551 views

How to find international affairs volunteering?

I don't want to go to abroad just like some international conference in local. volunteering...

international-affairs

Devetra C.’s Avatar
Devetra C. Feb 19, 2018 400 views
Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Feb 19, 2018 479 views

Do you recommend getting a degree in an international school?

I'm asking because I'm wondering if the U.S. would recognize the degree when I come back. For example, if I went to dental school in Spain would I be able to work as a dentist here? international international-affairs study-abroad overseas-study dental-school dentistry dentist...

college-bound orthodontist career college-advice higher-education university college college-admissions college-selection

Emma I.’s Avatar
Emma I. Jan 16, 2018 440 views

Political Science or International Relations?

Which should I major in? I am interested in working in foreign policy, but I'm not sure which is the better major to pursue for this. Should I go with the less specific Political Science, so I have a safety net if I don't like foreign policy? Or should I go more specific and really specialize...

international-affairs international-relations majors college-major political-science

megan R.’s Avatar
megan R. May 16, 2016 695 views

How do I go about finding internships in French speaking countries?

I want to major in business and minor in French. How do I go about finding internships in French speaking countries? I think it would be a wonderful work experience. french language international international-affairs college...

career

Amy N.’s Avatar
Amy N. May 15, 2016 707 views

What do international development majors do after college?

I do not know what to major in but am interested in international development. international undecided international-affairs college career...

career-counseling

Hannah D.’s Avatar
Hannah D. Sep 01, 2017 432 views

Is it common for Anthropology majors to do international travel for their work?

I would love to travel for my career and I think anthropology would fit me well. travel anthropology international-affairs...

business

jordan C.’s Avatar
jordan C. Sep 28, 2017 422 views

What major or course of study should I follow to become a diplomat?

I want to be diplomat. I am a current high school sophomore and I would like to know what classes I should take to better prepare myself now in high school for that track? In addition, what course of study I should follow in college to prepare myself for that career track? politics...

international-affairs

Juan  R.’s Avatar
Juan R. Sep 01, 2017 614 views

What are the best school in the fields of Music and Business?

I'm not sure what i want to do with my life and what i want to major in. I know I want to continue my education after high school but I'm not sure what I want to yet do. undecided excitedforthefuture music-producer music-production international-affairs...

international-business

Alexander R.’s Avatar
Alexander R. Feb 23, 2017 564 views

what is a day like for a International Affairs major?

I am really into majoring in business but I didn't know what to focus on and one of the focuses I was thinking about was International affairs so I was really interested in learning what someone's day would be in focusing in that major. business...

international-affairs

Luka G.’s Avatar
Luka G. Dec 19, 2016 853 views

Is it beneficial to go to university outside of the country if pursuing a major in international affairs?

I'm a sophomore in high school and I was thinking about different colleges and majors. I was wondering if it is beneficial to go to university outside of country if a person wants to major in international affairs. college college-major international...

international-affairs

Kira N.’s Avatar
Kira N. Jul 19, 2016 711 views

What can I do to better prepare me for a career in the foreign service?

My dream is to be a foreign service officer for the State Department and I know that you can intern at certain Embassies but I'm not sure what else to do to prepare for a career in government. internships government international-affairs international-relations foreign-affairs...

state-department foreign-service

B. Eni O.’s Avatar
B. Eni O. Jun 10, 2016 855 views

What college majors should I apply to in order to be a diplomat?

I want to be a diplomat or even work for the U.N, but I am unsure what I should major in. I am currently leaning towards Economics, Journalism, and probably will go to law school. Any other suggestions? international-affairs united-nations...

diplomacy

amber P.’s Avatar
amber P. May 26, 2016 711 views

How well will business ethics and international business work together?

I want to be involved with bettering work environments through my international business career. However, I am not quite sure how that will pan out. business...

international-affairs

amber P.’s Avatar
amber P. May 26, 2016 534 views

What are the best courses to take for International Business?

I want to be well educated for my dream job of being involved in International Business. management...

international-affairs

Paige H.’s Avatar
Paige H. May 25, 2016 805 views

What is the best career advice you'd give a student working towards a degree in International Affairs?

I'm currently an International Affairs major and have finished a few classes toward it. I want to pursue a career in teaching English as a Second Language, but am also curious about what types of opportunities having a degree in International Affairs will bring me? I'm also curious on what the...

international-affairs career giving-advice career-advice college major

Maya S.’s Avatar
Maya S. May 24, 2016 727 views

Is it a good idea to work out of the country after college?

I want travel and exploration of other cultures to be part of my career, but I don't know how necessarily easy it would be for me to do that as a broke college student. What are your recommendations? thank you! travel financial-aid...

international-affairs

Maya S.’s Avatar
Maya S. May 24, 2016 1234 views

What kind of job allows me to travel the world?

I am interested in the international relations/politics/non-profit work area and I was wondering if that type of career path would allow me to travel as an important part of my job. If not, what career would? travel international politics...

international-affairs

Marissa M.’s Avatar
Marissa M. May 24, 2016 846 views
Saisha M.’s Avatar
Saisha M. May 24, 2016 728 views

I am a rising freshman majoring in International Policy, and I was wondering whether it is wise to keep a backup option considering the job market?

I am just concerned about whether I can have a career aligned with my area of interest or whether I should start planning for otherwise. resume majors government job-market...

international-affairs

Eleni P.’s Avatar
Eleni P. May 20, 2016 903 views

What kind of careers would allow me to travel internationally on business?

I love to travel, learn new languages, and experience other cultures. I have searched for jobs that would involve regular travel but am having a hard time finding a degree program that would open up such opportunities and allow financial stability. travel international international-affairs...

culture