Career Questions tagged Student Debt

What is the best way to find scholarships?

The price of college scares me, and at most of the schools I've been looking at the scholarships are very competitive, and I was wondering if there are other better ways to get money for school. #school #scholarships #paying-for-school #college #financial-aid #student-loans...

#student-debt

0

Active Jul 18 at 11:38 PM

Posted by Noelle M.’s Avatar Noelle M.

What is the best way to avoid student loans?

2

Chelsea Scrivener’s Avatar Ann Gianoglio Burk, MBA’s Avatar
Active Nov 13 at 02:18 AM

Posted by Kendra P.’s Avatar Kendra P.
Chelsea Scrivener’s Avatar
Chelsea Scrivener Hi Kendra,I have a couple of recommendations for you - all ...

Any good jobs to do while doing a master's in nutrition?

Master's program are more expensive than undergraduate programs. And loan repayment can be annoying. What kind of job or internship would you recommend doing (if possible) while studying nutritional science for a master's degree? Also, how did you stay frugal during those times? #nutrition...

#student-debt #clinical-nutrition #finance

0

Active May 10 at 03:29 AM

Posted by William H.’s Avatar William H.

What are other ways to pay for medical school besides loans and scholarships?

Medical school is expensive, as everyone knows. And paying off loans will increase the amount of stress for a medical student to go through. Are there ways to earn some cash to pay off the debt and to avoid getting loans for medical school? Scholarships can be limited as well. #medicine...

#money-management #student-debt #debtfree #medical #debt #finance

0

Active May 10 at 03:26 AM

Is there such a thing as an accredited, online, FREE university?

I am so tired of debt that has accumulated from my studies. I want to learn and grow and have a brighter future, but the more I study, the heavier my debt load becomes. I am applying for scholarships, however, they of course do not guarantee funding. So, is there a university that one does not...

#finance #online-college #university #online #debt #student-debt

0

Active Jul 27 at 04:31 AM

Posted by Ashley L.’s Avatar Ashley L.

Do you have to go to a prestigious university to get into a "good" medical school?

I plan to study to become a #physician after I graduate from high school. I want to attend a "good" #medical-school, but I don't know if I'll be able to get into one if I attend a #public-school. I know that it is mostly up to me on whether I make it or not. But I have to believe that...

#student-debt #ivy-league #premedical #medicine #premed #expensive

1

Ransi Somaratne MD MBA’s Avatar
Active Oct 22 at 01:04 PM

Posted by Maria H.’s Avatar Maria H.
Ransi Somaratne MD MBA’s Avatar
Ransi Somaratne MD MBA | Physician and Biotechnology Executive No you do not. You need to have a good GPA, ...

How much student loans can I take with a mechanical engineering starting salary

I am a mechanical engineering sophomore and I recently learned my parent can only contribute about 5% of my college finances. What is an affordable, realistic amount I can take out in student loans so I don't drown in student debt? For more information, I live in New Jersey and my dream job...

#money #scared #debt #student-debt

0

Active Apr 05 at 10:41 PM

Posted by Joi I.’s Avatar Joi I.

What steps can I take to make college affordable?

I am a current college student in my sophomore year. I recently learned that my parent will only be able to contribute about 5% of my college education. What are some steps I can take to make college more affordable? I am already working as a co-op and saving as much as I can. I would prefer...

#student-debt #college-advice #money #scared #debt #help

1

Sarah S.’s Avatar
Active Apr 07 at 10:39 PM

Posted by Joi I.’s Avatar Joi I.
Sarah S.’s Avatar
Sarah S. | Research Coordinator Hi Joi - The first place to start would be to ...

Any suggestions for paying for Vet School?

I plan to go to vet school. Everyone I have talked to say it will likely require lots of student loans. What is the best strategy for financial planning during undergraduate school? #animallover #financial-planning...

#student-debt

0

Active Aug 08 at 02:20 PM

Posted by Emma G.’s Avatar Emma G.

Tips for financing college

Since college is expensive and I am going to become very familiar with college debt come this fall, do you have any tips on how to handle financing my loans and payment plans? #student-debt...

1

Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Active Apr 04 at 03:05 PM

Posted by Joseph P.’s Avatar Joseph P.
Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Ken Simmons | Assist with Recognizing and Developing Potential The key to getting a good education is to treat it ...

What is the best way to pay off your student debt?

I'm starting #college in the fall. I'm working on #scholarships but I know I'll still have some debt. #financial-aid...

#student-debt

2

Abby Lupi’s Avatar Sherri Harmon’s Avatar
Active Sep 12 at 12:01 AM

Posted by Sharon M.’s Avatar Sharon M.
Abby Lupi’s Avatar
Abby Lupi | CareerVillage.org Community Management Intern Hi Sharon! I’m sorry no one’s answered your question yet. We're ...

Can you appeal for more financial aid? If so, how?

I want to get the maximum amount of financial aid possible because I am scared I will be in loads of debt. #debt #student-debt ##debtfree #financial-aid...

#financial-services

2

Ann Gianoglio Burk, MBA’s Avatar Kali Gleto’s Avatar
Active Nov 02 at 03:54 PM

Posted by Brittany S.’s Avatar Brittany S.
Ann Gianoglio Burk, MBA’s Avatar
Ann Gianoglio Burk, MBA | Student/Customer Care Manager | Operations Handywoman | People ... Hi Brittany,If your goal is to minimize the amount of debt ...

Should student debt be a major deterrent in determining which university to attend?

While there are many factors to consider when choosing a college, one of my largest has been the cost to attend. I know there is no clear-cut answer to whether or not a certain university is worth attending over the other, but should student debt be one of the most important (if not the most...

#college #student-debt

2

Ken Simmons’s Avatar Katy Caulder, M.S.’s Avatar
Active Mar 31 at 09:25 PM

Posted by Brendan D.’s Avatar Brendan D.
Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Ken Simmons | Assist with Recognizing and Developing Potential You asked a very important question. During my years in Human ...

How much debt is too much debt when deciding on which college to attend?

Like many seniors in high school, I am trying to decide which college I should attend next year. One of my biggest concerns of course is the massive cost required to attend a university. My question is whether there is a limit on how much I should spend on my education. Is there a generally...

#student-debt #college-advice

2

Daniel Moy’s Avatar Katy Caulder, M.S.’s Avatar
Active Mar 27 at 10:11 PM

Daniel Moy’s Avatar
Daniel Moy | Google Software Engineer I think it varies a lot based on what you want ...

What are the creative methods people used to pay for college?

I'm wondering how people were able to pay for college. As a rising college freshmen, I'm anxious about how to pay for my own college tuition. And I desperately want to figure out a way for me to attend college without burdening my parents or myself. I already know about scholarships and...

#student-debt #debt #finance #justabrokestudent #tuition

1

Simona H’s Avatar
Active 2 days ago

Posted by David M.’s Avatar David M.
Simona H’s Avatar
Simona H | Project Manager Hello David,College can be an expensive but needed endeavor.  After completing ...

what is best way to get good money, work study or a job outside of campus?

College is going to be hard enough but being in debt for the best of my life is going to be a big weight to have to carry for myself. So I want to know what would be the better solution to earn money faster to pay off my loans. #brokeproblems #financial-planning #student-debt...

#money-management

1

Katie Corrigan’s Avatar
Active Oct 17 at 08:01 PM

Posted by Jocelyn G.’s Avatar Jocelyn G.
Katie Corrigan’s Avatar
Katie Corrigan | Assurance Associate at PwC Hi Jocelyn! Good question! To be honest, there won't be a ...

What is the best way to get help financially to get my masters?

I don't know if there are scholarships for masters program. I want to get my masters degree in clinical mental health counseling and I want to also know if there is anything I should do to prepare myself. I still have about . 2 years left until I graduate from my bachelors. #masters-degree...

#clinical-psychology #financial-planning #financial-aid #student-debt

1

Cheryl Donnelly’s Avatar
Active Oct 26 at 03:18 PM

Posted by Jocelyne C.’s Avatar Jocelyne C.
Cheryl Donnelly’s Avatar
Cheryl Donnelly | SAP SuccessFactors Platform Functional Lead If I were you, I would look for employers that offer ...

What is the average student loan amount?

What is the average amount of student loans a person uses in order to go to college? I start school and August and I am trying to figure out the best cost effective way for me. I do not want to take a whole lot of student loans and be stuck in debt for the next ten years. #student-loans...

#studentloanforgiveness #collegedebt #collegedecisions #student-debt

2

Tracey Jackson’s Avatar Sia Moua’s Avatar
Active Feb 23 at 09:57 PM

Posted by Sh'Daedra J.’s Avatar Sh'Daedra J.
Tracey Jackson’s Avatar
Tracey Jackson Hi Sh'Daedra, Congrats on getting into college. First, start with getting ...

What is the best way to manage paying off student loans?

I am asking about paying of loans because I have student loans and I also have loans for my daughter. And I am not sure how we will pay for all this debt. #student-debt...

#student-loans

1

Simona H’s Avatar
Active Feb 05 at 11:55 AM

Posted by Dena C.’s Avatar Dena C.
Simona H’s Avatar
Simona H | Project Manager Hello Dena, When you juggle multiple priorities, it is hard to ...

How long will it take me to pay back student loans?

Loan amounts are huge, how will I be able to live and pay back the loans? #money-management #finance #college #student-debt #student-loans #loans...

#debt

2

Breanna Bergin’s Avatar Ann Gianoglio Burk, MBA’s Avatar
Active Nov 13 at 01:48 AM

Posted by Nick K.’s Avatar Nick K.
Breanna Bergin’s Avatar
Breanna Bergin | Lead Financial Analyst at Verizon Enterprise Solutions Nick, this is definitely a common thought most people come out ...

How will I avoid debt?

I'm planning on majoring in computer science and while I know this is a growing field and it pays well, I want to take as many measures as possible so I am not in debt when I'm older. #money #success...

#student-debt

1

Angelina Costa’s Avatar
Active Mar 02 at 12:28 AM

Posted by Taylor M.’s Avatar Taylor M.
Angelina Costa’s Avatar
Angelina Costa | Occupational Therapist Registered/Licensed in the state of Massachusetts Honestly I worked two to three jobs while going to school ...

Where is the best place to go to get out of a big debt such as school, car, and credit?

I need info on how I can get help to pay these bills. #financial-planning #debt #student-debt #loans...

#finance

2

Paul Gullatte’s Avatar Marco Saporito’s Avatar
Active Oct 08 at 03:59 PM

Posted by Cristina R.’s Avatar Cristina R.
Paul Gullatte’s Avatar
Paul Gullatte | Senior Compliance Associate If you need professional advice on how to establish a budget ...

Should I transfer from a private university to a public one?

Right now I'm at a private university, and it's so ridiculously expensive. I love my school, I do, but is it really worth it to be in so much debt? Should I just try to transfer to a bigger, public university where I wouldn't be having to pay so much? #money #college-transfer #college...

#financial-planning #student-debt #financial-aid

1

Katie Corrigan’s Avatar
Active Oct 17 at 08:29 PM

Posted by Rebecca S.’s Avatar Rebecca S.
Katie Corrigan’s Avatar
Katie Corrigan | Assurance Associate at PwC Hi Rebecca! Good question! My biggest piece of advice is that ...

What is the average student debt? What can I do to avoid it?

I really really don't want end up in debt #money #debt #student-debt #loans...

#financial-planning

1

Sabrina Pettis’s Avatar
Active Apr 24 at 02:45 AM

Posted by Emma J.’s Avatar Emma J.
Sabrina Pettis’s Avatar
Sabrina Pettis | Academic Advisor Great question, Emma. I wish I asked this before I started ...

Where is the most lucrative place in the US for an RN? #igotstudentloans

My husband and I are thinking about relocating in a few years. #nursing #registered-nurses #student-debt #debt #healthcare...

#hospital-and-health-care

0

Active Apr 21 at 03:47 AM

Posted by Kristen H.’s Avatar Kristen H.

With all the expenses that come with adulthood (bills, food, rent, etc.), how do you balance them all and anticipate surprise costs?

All of these expenses add on top of your student debt, so how do you handle them for a stable financial future? #student-loans #student-debt #debt #financial-planning #financial-aid #financial-services #scholarships...

#money-management

3

Simona H’s Avatar Sean Buchan’s Avatar Rijbergen (Jeff) Desroches’s Avatar
Active Nov 02 at 03:18 AM

Posted by Madeline G.’s Avatar Madeline G.
Simona H’s Avatar
Simona H | Project Manager Hello Madeline, When you juggle multiple priorities, it is hard to ...

It seems like more jobs need a degree to get. If this is the case, why are university/college prices going up? It is just putting more young adults into debt.

I am asking because I am going to college/university to get my degree and I am curious to why it is costing me so much. #student-debt #college-major #degrees #college #financial-planning #student-loans...

#financial-advising

1

Paul Gullatte’s Avatar
Active Jun 25 at 05:36 PM

Posted by Zena S.’s Avatar Zena S.
Paul Gullatte’s Avatar
Paul Gullatte | Senior Compliance Associate This is a question that boils down to supply and demand. ...

When thinking of a career path should I have how much debt I will be in after college in mind?

I want to work for a volunteer organization or other low profitable jobs, but I also want to get a college degree. I'm just wondering if it would be smarter/worth it to wait a few years after college before going into a low profitable career because of money? #international-affairs...

#money-management #scholarships #student-debt #student-loans #college #financial-aid #debt #loans

1

Sabrina Pettis’s Avatar
Active Apr 23 at 10:47 PM

Posted by Taylor Y.’s Avatar Taylor Y.
Sabrina Pettis’s Avatar
Sabrina Pettis | Academic Advisor Hello Taylor. The answer is 100% yes! I'm speaking from the ...

How does an academic major in college affect job opportunities in the music field?

Hi, I'm a senior in High School. I would like to pursue music as a career, but it is hard for me to find a major that has what I am looking for or one that I can afford/qualify for. My alternative is to apply to either the same college as my preferred program or a cheaper college as an...

#majors #music-industry #music-production #student-debt #college-advice #college-major #academic #music #college #music-education

1

Jake Krishnan’s Avatar
Active Oct 16 '17 at 08:21 AM

Posted by Lucie L.’s Avatar Lucie L.
Jake Krishnan’s Avatar
Jake Krishnan | Leader - Digital Strategy and Implementation Hi, I'm a senior in High School. I would like to ...

Over 58,000 students, educators, and professionals are discussing their career paths on CareerVillage.

Join us

icon-country-tagsCurrently showing results for: Global (all countries) (change)