Career Questions tagged Student Debt

Joi I.’s Avatar
Joi I. Apr 05, 2018

How much student loans can I take with a mechanical engineering starting salary

I am a mechanical engineering sophomore and I recently learned my parent can only contribute about 5% of my college finances. What is an affordable, realistic amount I can take out in student loans so I don't drown in student debt? For more information, I live in New Jersey and my dream job...

#money #financial-aid #mechanical-engineering #student-debt #scared #debt #loans #engineer #engineering

Jocelyne C.’s Avatar
Jocelyne C. Jan 22, 2018

What is the best way to get help financially to get my masters?

I don't know if there are scholarships for masters program. I want to get my masters degree in clinical mental health counseling and I want to also know if there is anything I should do to prepare myself. I still have about . 2 years left until I graduate from my bachelors. #masters-degree...

#student-debt #financial-planning #clinical-psychology #financial-aid

Jocelyn G.’s Avatar
Jocelyn G. Jan 23, 2018

what is best way to get good money, work study or a job outside of campus?

College is going to be hard enough but being in debt for the best of my life is going to be a big weight to have to carry for myself. So I want to know what would be the better solution to earn money faster to pay off my loans. #brokeproblems #financial-planning #student-debt...

#money-management

Emma G.’s Avatar
Emma G. Apr 05, 2018

Any suggestions for paying for Vet School?

I plan to go to vet school. Everyone I have talked to say it will likely require lots of student loans. What is the best strategy for financial planning during undergraduate school? #animallover #financial-planning...

#student-debt

David M.’s Avatar
David M. Mar 16, 2018

What are the creative methods people used to pay for college?

I'm wondering how people were able to pay for college. As a rising college freshmen, I'm anxious about how to pay for my own college tuition. And I desperately want to figure out a way for me to attend college without burdening my parents or myself. I already know about scholarships and...

#justabrokestudent #finance #debt #student-debt #tuition

Ashley L.’s Avatar
Ashley L. May 04, 2018

Is there such a thing as an accredited, online, FREE university?

I am so tired of debt that has accumulated from my studies. I want to learn and grow and have a brighter future, but the more I study, the heavier my debt load becomes. I am applying for scholarships, however, they of course do not guarantee funding. So, is there a university that one does not...

#debt #university #student-debt #online #finance #online-college

Noelle M.’s Avatar
Noelle M. Jul 14, 2018

What is the best way to find scholarships?

The price of college scares me, and at most of the schools I've been looking at the scholarships are very competitive, and I was wondering if there are other better ways to get money for school. #school #scholarships #paying-for-school #college #financial-aid #student-loans...

#student-debt

William H.’s Avatar
William H. May 10, 2018

Any good jobs to do while doing a master's in nutrition?

Master's program are more expensive than undergraduate programs. And loan repayment can be annoying. What kind of job or internship would you recommend doing (if possible) while studying nutritional science for a master's degree? Also, how did you stay frugal during those times? #nutrition...

#student-debt #finance #clinical-nutrition

William H.’s Avatar
William H. May 10, 2018

What are other ways to pay for medical school besides loans and scholarships?

Medical school is expensive, as everyone knows. And paying off loans will increase the amount of stress for a medical student to go through. Are there ways to earn some cash to pay off the debt and to avoid getting loans for medical school? Scholarships can be limited as well. #medicine...

#student-debt #money-management #debt #medical #finance #debtfree

Nick K.’s Avatar
Nick K. Jan 17, 2018

How long will it take me to pay back student loans?

Loan amounts are huge, how will I be able to live and pay back the loans? #money-management #finance #college #student-debt #student-loans #loans...

#debt

Cristina R.’s Avatar
Cristina R. Jan 16, 2018

Where is the best place to go to get out of a big debt such as school, car, and credit?

I need info on how I can get help to pay these bills. #financial-planning #debt #student-debt #loans...

#finance

Maria H.’s Avatar
Maria H. Apr 21, 2018

Do you have to go to a prestigious university to get into a "good" medical school?

I plan to study to become a #physician after I graduate from high school. I want to attend a "good" #medical-school, but I don't know if I'll be able to get into one if I attend a #public-school. I know that it is mostly up to me on whether I make it or not. But I have to believe that...

#premedical #ivy-league #student-debt #expensive #medicine #premed

Rebecca S.’s Avatar
Rebecca S. Jan 16, 2018

Should I transfer from a private university to a public one?

Right now I'm at a private university, and it's so ridiculously expensive. I love my school, I do, but is it really worth it to be in so much debt? Should I just try to transfer to a bigger, public university where I wouldn't be having to pay so much? #money #college-transfer #college...

#student-debt #financial-planning #financial-aid

Emma J.’s Avatar
Emma J. Jan 16, 2018

What is the average student debt? What can I do to avoid it?

I really really don't want end up in debt #money #debt #student-debt #loans...

#financial-planning

Kristen H.’s Avatar
Kristen H. Jan 16, 2018
Zena S.’s Avatar
Zena S. Jan 16, 2018
Taylor Y.’s Avatar
Taylor Y. Jan 15, 2018

When thinking of a career path should I have how much debt I will be in after college in mind?

I want to work for a volunteer organization or other low profitable jobs, but I also want to get a college degree. I'm just wondering if it would be smarter/worth it to wait a few years after college before going into a low profitable career because of money? #international-affairs...

#financial-aid #student-debt #college #scholarships #money-management #debt #loans #student-loans

Sharon M.’s Avatar
Sharon M. Mar 30, 2018

What is the best way to pay off your student debt?

I'm starting #college in the fall. I'm working on #scholarships but I know I'll still have some debt. #financial-aid...

#student-debt

Joi I.’s Avatar
Joi I. Apr 05, 2018

What steps can I take to make college affordable?

I am a current college student in my sophomore year. I recently learned that my parent will only be able to contribute about 5% of my college education. What are some steps I can take to make college more affordable? I am already working as a co-op and saving as much as I can. I would prefer...

#scared #money #debt #student-debt #college-advice #college #help

Joseph P.’s Avatar
Joseph P. Apr 04, 2018

Tips for financing college

Since college is expensive and I am going to become very familiar with college debt come this fall, do you have any tips on how to handle financing my loans and payment plans? #student-debt...

Brittany S.’s Avatar
Brittany S. Mar 27, 2018

Can you appeal for more financial aid? If so, how?

I want to get the maximum amount of financial aid possible because I am scared I will be in loads of debt. #debt #student-debt ##debtfree #financial-aid...

#financial-services

Brendan D.’s Avatar
Brendan D. Mar 26, 2018

Should student debt be a major deterrent in determining which university to attend?

While there are many factors to consider when choosing a college, one of my largest has been the cost to attend. I know there is no clear-cut answer to whether or not a certain university is worth attending over the other, but should student debt be one of the most important (if not the most...

#student-debt #college

Brendan D.’s Avatar
Brendan D. Mar 26, 2018

How much debt is too much debt when deciding on which college to attend?

Like many seniors in high school, I am trying to decide which college I should attend next year. One of my biggest concerns of course is the massive cost required to attend a university. My question is whether there is a limit on how much I should spend on my education. Is there a generally...

#student-debt #college-advice

Sh'Daedra J.’s Avatar
Sh'Daedra J. Jan 22, 2018

What is the average student loan amount?

What is the average amount of student loans a person uses in order to go to college? I start school and August and I am trying to figure out the best cost effective way for me. I do not want to take a whole lot of student loans and be stuck in debt for the next ten years. #student-loans...

#student-debt #collegedebt #studentloanforgiveness #collegedecisions

Dena C.’s Avatar
Dena C. Jan 18, 2018

What is the best way to manage paying off student loans?

I am asking about paying of loans because I have student loans and I also have loans for my daughter. And I am not sure how we will pay for all this debt. #student-debt...

#student-loans

Taylor M.’s Avatar
Taylor M. Jan 16, 2018

How will I avoid debt?

I'm planning on majoring in computer science and while I know this is a growing field and it pays well, I want to take as many measures as possible so I am not in debt when I'm older. #money #success...

#student-debt

Madeline G.’s Avatar
Madeline G. Jan 16, 2018
Lucie L.’s Avatar
Lucie L. Oct 12, 2017

How does an academic major in college affect job opportunities in the music field?

Hi, I'm a senior in High School. I would like to pursue music as a career, but it is hard for me to find a major that has what I am looking for or one that I can afford/qualify for. My alternative is to apply to either the same college as my preferred program or a cheaper college as an...

#college-major #music-production #music #student-debt #college-advice #college #majors #music-industry #academic #music-education