Career Questions tagged Student Loans

Marilyn R.’s Avatar
Marilyn R. Oct 21, 2019 162 views

How long does it take to pay off student debt loans after becoming a PA (Physician Assistant) ?

I’m in high school and I have my mind set on becoming a physician assistant. I’ve always wanted to do something in the medical field but I can’t help but always think about how much it will cost and how long I will have to keep paying loans and stuff. #medicine #physician...

#student-loans

Aubrey A.’s Avatar
Aubrey A. Aug 22, 2018 208 views

Has anyone done their loan forgiveness through the Peace Corps?

I want to focus on water conservation and preservation while I am in school. After I graduate, I have been thinking about joining the peace corps for loan forgiveness program. Has anyone taken this route for forgiveness, and if so how was your experience? Do you have any pointers?...

#paying-for-college #student-loans #loans #finance #peacecorps #loanforgiveness #loan #money

Isabel M.’s Avatar
Isabel M. Dec 18, 2018 427 views

How much do I need to worry about student loan debt?

I feel stressed about college costs and bills. I will need to pay for college myself and I know that nursing school is particularly expensive. I don't want to over-work myself, and I want to do well in school, so if that means racking up 50k in student debt by the time I graduate I'm okay with...

#student-loans #money #college #finance

Hailey J.’s Avatar
Hailey J. Oct 31, 2018 188 views

Do hospitals do loan forgiveness?

as a nurse would hospitals provide loan assistance/forgiveness #student-loans #healthcare...

#nursing

Joyce C.’s Avatar
Joyce C. Oct 30, 2018 294 views

What is the typical breakdown of loans versus grants?

I was thinking about applying for a loan but I am not sure I will be eligible for one, how do I go about figuring this out? #student-loans #college #loans #finance...

#money

Dorian B.’s Avatar
Dorian B. Oct 16, 2018 165 views

What are some tricks that people use to not have as much student loans.

Tricks that’s not common. I need some ideas #...

#student-loans

Juliana Z.’s Avatar
Juliana Z. Oct 14, 2018 271 views

What do I need to do to lower by student debts?

I want to come out of college as close to debt free. I am going to an out of state university. #financial-aid #finance #student-loans...

#money

alondra P.’s Avatar
alondra P. Sep 24, 2018 204 views
Daniel R.’s Avatar
Daniel R. Sep 24, 2018 170 views

Deadly Loans

As much as id like to stray away from them, but do people recommend taking out loans to pay for college? My goal is to be debt free from college yet still achieving my degree but I have many friends who have taken out loans to pay for college. Is that really a good idea? Are students bound to...

#student-loans

Gabriela M.’s Avatar
Gabriela M. Sep 18, 2018 259 views

What are the best loans to take out?

The scholarships I have are extremely helpful but they won't pay for the full tuition cost. I'm an extremely low-income student so I already know I'm eligible for many student loans. Which loans have the best qualities and which loans should be my absolutely last option? #student-loans #college...

#money #loans

Taya A.’s Avatar
Taya A. Aug 28, 2018 270 views

Is it worth putting all the time and money into going to medical school?

I am debating either becoming a medical doctor or a PA. I want the pay and title of a doctor. However, I also am not sure I want to spend all the time and money for the education of becoming one. #doctor #doctorate-degree #phd #student-loans #medicine...

#doctors

Isabelle H.’s Avatar
Isabelle H. Aug 28, 2018 241 views

What's the most important thing when it comes to preparing to get a student loan?

Is there a certain loan I should ask for? Is there any reason that I wouldn't be able to get a loan from a bank? #student-loans...

#loans

Dylan L.’s Avatar
Dylan L. Jul 25, 2018 220 views

What is the easiest way to alleviate student loans?

I am wondering what tips would be useful to know before I enter collage so I can pay off the loan before interest starts building. #financial-planning #loans #finance...

#student-loans

Laura W.’s Avatar
Laura W. May 23, 2018 344 views

How do I get portions/all of my student loans forgiven?

Are there companies that offer to forgive student loans for hired professional? #studentloans #student #loanforgiveness #loans #debt #student-loans #finance...

#financial-advising

Mikala H.’s Avatar
Mikala H. Jul 10, 2018 227 views

How do student loans work and how do I choose the best one?

This never seems to come up in college discussions and I'm a bit lost in the process. #student #studentloans #money #loans #finance #financial-aid #student-loans...

Noelle M.’s Avatar
Noelle M. Jul 14, 2018 268 views

What is the best way to find scholarships?

The price of college scares me, and at most of the schools I've been looking at the scholarships are very competitive, and I was wondering if there are other better ways to get money for school. #school #scholarships #paying-for-school #college #financial-aid #student-loans...

#student-debt

Samantha Z.’s Avatar
Samantha Z. Jul 13, 2018 322 views

Dealing with debt

How is everyone else dealing with all the student loan debt? When I get out of PT school I will be looking at $100,000 in debt. While I will be loving what I do, that number gives me anxiety. How is everyone paying off their student loan debt? #debt #personal-finance #student-loans...

#anxiety

Isaiah C.’s Avatar
Isaiah C. May 31, 2018 293 views

Finding loans

Where should I look to get loans for college? It's unlikely that I'll be able to get enough scholarships to pay entirely for college, and I'm not sure where to find reasonable loans #loans #college #financial-aid...

#student-loans

Jillian R.’s Avatar
Jillian R. May 30, 2018 241 views

What are the best student loans to apply for?

I'm starting to apply for loans and want to find out which ones will have good interest rates and come from trusted places. #loans #student-loans...

#student

John G.’s Avatar
John G. May 25, 2018 277 views

Does it make sense to borrow money without getting a student loan?

The financial aid package for my graduate program includes only direct unsubsidized graduate loans. These loans have high interest rates and bad conditions. My tuition is very expensive and I am not receiving enough scholarship money to cover tuition, even if I get a high-paying part-time...

#college #money-management #student-loans #loans #financial-aid #debt #money #tuition

Ralph P.’s Avatar
Ralph P. May 22, 2018 238 views

How does one determine the amount of loan that they need to apply for?

I recently got accepted into college, however, my financial aid award does not cover my entire balance. I would be left with $11,604/year and was wondering, if worst comes to worst, how much money would I need to apply for? For example, would I need to apply for a $12,000 loan or a $48,000...

#student-loans #money #college

Anh Minh N.’s Avatar
Anh Minh N. May 06, 2018 478 views

How bad is Debt to an Anesthesiologist?

I'm planning to pursue a career in anesthesiology(completing medical school, residency, licensed) and wondering how hard will it be to pay off any student debt. I hear that student debt should be avoided and is heavily stressed to be a heavy load on future decisions. However, certain...

#salary #anesthesiology #student-loans #debt

Kate R.’s Avatar
Kate R. Apr 26, 2018 397 views

What do I need to learn how to do before moving out and living on my own?

I wasn't taught a whole lot at school about what living on your own entails, and now the time has come where I am becoming an adult and have started preparing for my future. I have yet to learn how credit works, as well as interests and loans. I dont know how to do my own taxes or what...

#student-loans #student #independently-funding-my-education #interest #debt #credit #money #livingathome #taxes