Career Questions tagged Student Loans

Aubrey A.’s Avatar
Aubrey A. Aug 22, 2018 85 views

Has anyone done their loan forgiveness through the Peace Corps?

I want to focus on water conservation and preservation while I am in school. After I graduate, I have been thinking about joining the peace corps for loan forgiveness program. Has anyone taken this route for forgiveness, and if so how was your experience? Do you have any pointers?...

#loans #peacecorps #money #loanforgiveness #finance #paying-for-college #student-loans #loan

Isabel M.’s Avatar
Isabel M. Dec 18, 2018 246 views

How much do I need to worry about student loan debt?

I feel stressed about college costs and bills. I will need to pay for college myself and I know that nursing school is particularly expensive. I don't want to over-work myself, and I want to do well in school, so if that means racking up 50k in student debt by the time I graduate I'm okay with...

#student-loans #finance #money #college

Hailey J.’s Avatar
Hailey J. Oct 31, 2018 117 views

Do hospitals do loan forgiveness?

as a nurse would hospitals provide loan assistance/forgiveness #student-loans #healthcare...

#nursing

Joyce C.’s Avatar
Joyce C. Oct 30, 2018 173 views

What is the typical breakdown of loans versus grants?

I was thinking about applying for a loan but I am not sure I will be eligible for one, how do I go about figuring this out? #student-loans #college #loans #finance...

#money

Paige C.’s Avatar
Paige C. Oct 29, 2018 135 views
Dorian B.’s Avatar
Dorian B. Oct 16, 2018 104 views

What are some tricks that people use to not have as much student loans.

Tricks that’s not common. I need some ideas #...

#student-loans

Juliana Z.’s Avatar
Juliana Z. Oct 14, 2018 173 views

What do I need to do to lower by student debts?

I want to come out of college as close to debt free. I am going to an out of state university. #financial-aid #finance #student-loans...

#money

alondra P.’s Avatar
alondra P. Sep 24, 2018 109 views
Daniel R.’s Avatar
Daniel R. Sep 24, 2018 100 views

Deadly Loans

As much as id like to stray away from them, but do people recommend taking out loans to pay for college? My goal is to be debt free from college yet still achieving my degree but I have many friends who have taken out loans to pay for college. Is that really a good idea? Are students bound to...

#student-loans

Gabriela M.’s Avatar
Gabriela M. Sep 18, 2018 154 views

What are the best loans to take out?

The scholarships I have are extremely helpful but they won't pay for the full tuition cost. I'm an extremely low-income student so I already know I'm eligible for many student loans. Which loans have the best qualities and which loans should be my absolutely last option? #student-loans #college...

#money #loans

Taya A.’s Avatar
Taya A. Aug 28, 2018 156 views

Is it worth putting all the time and money into going to medical school?

I am debating either becoming a medical doctor or a PA. I want the pay and title of a doctor. However, I also am not sure I want to spend all the time and money for the education of becoming one. #doctor #doctorate-degree #phd #student-loans #medicine...

#doctors

Isabelle H.’s Avatar
Isabelle H. Aug 28, 2018 130 views

What's the most important thing when it comes to preparing to get a student loan?

Is there a certain loan I should ask for? Is there any reason that I wouldn't be able to get a loan from a bank? #student-loans...

#loans

Dylan L.’s Avatar
Dylan L. Jul 25, 2018 147 views

What is the easiest way to alleviate student loans?

I am wondering what tips would be useful to know before I enter collage so I can pay off the loan before interest starts building. #financial-planning #loans #finance...

#student-loans

Laura W.’s Avatar
Laura W. May 23, 2018 179 views

How do I get portions/all of my student loans forgiven?

Are there companies that offer to forgive student loans for hired professional? #studentloans #student #loanforgiveness #loans #debt #student-loans #finance...

#financial-advising

Mikala H.’s Avatar
Mikala H. Jul 10, 2018 142 views

How do student loans work and how do I choose the best one?

This never seems to come up in college discussions and I'm a bit lost in the process. #student #studentloans #money #loans #finance #financial-aid #student-loans...

Noelle M.’s Avatar
Noelle M. Jul 14, 2018 179 views

What is the best way to find scholarships?

The price of college scares me, and at most of the schools I've been looking at the scholarships are very competitive, and I was wondering if there are other better ways to get money for school. #school #scholarships #paying-for-school #college #financial-aid #student-loans...

#student-debt

Samantha Z.’s Avatar
Samantha Z. Jul 13, 2018 215 views

Dealing with debt

How is everyone else dealing with all the student loan debt? When I get out of PT school I will be looking at $100,000 in debt. While I will be loving what I do, that number gives me anxiety. How is everyone paying off their student loan debt? #debt #personal-finance #student-loans...

#anxiety

Kendra P.’s Avatar
Kendra P. May 30, 2018 215 views
Isaiah C.’s Avatar
Isaiah C. May 31, 2018 209 views

Finding loans

Where should I look to get loans for college? It's unlikely that I'll be able to get enough scholarships to pay entirely for college, and I'm not sure where to find reasonable loans #loans #college #financial-aid...

#student-loans

Jillian R.’s Avatar
Jillian R. May 30, 2018 170 views

What are the best student loans to apply for?

I'm starting to apply for loans and want to find out which ones will have good interest rates and come from trusted places. #loans #student-loans...

#student

John G.’s Avatar
John G. May 25, 2018 194 views

Does it make sense to borrow money without getting a student loan?

The financial aid package for my graduate program includes only direct unsubsidized graduate loans. These loans have high interest rates and bad conditions. My tuition is very expensive and I am not receiving enough scholarship money to cover tuition, even if I get a high-paying part-time...

#debt #money-management #loans #money #college #student-loans #tuition #financial-aid

Ralph P.’s Avatar
Ralph P. May 22, 2018 172 views

How does one determine the amount of loan that they need to apply for?

I recently got accepted into college, however, my financial aid award does not cover my entire balance. I would be left with $11,604/year and was wondering, if worst comes to worst, how much money would I need to apply for? For example, would I need to apply for a $12,000 loan or a $48,000...

#student-loans #money #college

Anh Minh N.’s Avatar
Anh Minh N. May 06, 2018 278 views

How bad is Debt to an Anesthesiologist?

I'm planning to pursue a career in anesthesiology(completing medical school, residency, licensed) and wondering how hard will it be to pay off any student debt. I hear that student debt should be avoided and is heavily stressed to be a heavy load on future decisions. However, certain...

#salary #anesthesiology #debt #student-loans

Kate R.’s Avatar
Kate R. Apr 26, 2018 253 views

What do I need to learn how to do before moving out and living on my own?

I wasn't taught a whole lot at school about what living on your own entails, and now the time has come where I am becoming an adult and have started preparing for my future. I have yet to learn how credit works, as well as interests and loans. I dont know how to do my own taxes or what...

#student #debt #independently-funding-my-education #interest #money #livingathome #student-loans #credit #taxes

Rachel O.’s Avatar
Rachel O. Mar 19, 2018 186 views

What are the best loans to get for college?

I am planning on attending college in the fall as a freshman and would like to know what would be the best way to fund my education through loans. #student-loans #loans #financial-planning...

Nick K.’s Avatar
Nick K. Jan 17, 2018 217 views

How long will it take me to pay back student loans?

Loan amounts are huge, how will I be able to live and pay back the loans? #money-management #finance #college #student-debt #student-loans #loans...

#debt

Zena S.’s Avatar
Zena S. Jan 16, 2018 218 views
Taylor Y.’s Avatar
Taylor Y. Jan 15, 2018 242 views

When thinking of a career path should I have how much debt I will be in after college in mind?

I want to work for a volunteer organization or other low profitable jobs, but I also want to get a college degree. I'm just wondering if it would be smarter/worth it to wait a few years after college before going into a low profitable career because of money? #international-affairs...

#debt #money-management #loans #scholarships #college #student-debt #student-loans #financial-aid