Career Questions tagged Student Loans

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Apr 19 284 views

How much time does it really take to pay off student debt?

Office Hours #4: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Mark Eagle This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was...

finances debt paying-for-college money student-loans loans

Armelyn D.’s Avatar
Armelyn D. Feb 05 232 views

how to find a job

I'm always woworry because the size of the tuition fee ngsyon not sem finished cup could help mom :( student-loans undergraduate...

tuition

Marilyn R.’s Avatar
Marilyn R. Oct 21, 2019 579 views

How long does it take to pay off student debt loans after becoming a PA (Physician Assistant) ?

I’m in high school and I have my mind set on becoming a physician assistant. I’ve always wanted to do something in the medical field but I can’t help but always think about how much it will cost and how long I will have to keep paying loans and stuff. medicine physician...

student-loans

Aubrey A.’s Avatar
Aubrey A. Aug 22, 2018 358 views

Has anyone done their loan forgiveness through the Peace Corps?

I want to focus on water conservation and preservation while I am in school. After I graduate, I have been thinking about joining the peace corps for loan forgiveness program. Has anyone taken this route for forgiveness, and if so how was your experience? Do you have any pointers?...

peacecorps loan loans loanforgiveness paying-for-college money finance student-loans

Isabel M.’s Avatar
Isabel M. Dec 18, 2018 620 views

How much do I need to worry about student loan debt?

I feel stressed about college costs and bills. I will need to pay for college myself and I know that nursing school is particularly expensive. I don't want to over-work myself, and I want to do well in school, so if that means racking up 50k in student debt by the time I graduate I'm okay with...

money student-loans finance college

Hailey J.’s Avatar
Hailey J. Oct 31, 2018 310 views

Do hospitals do loan forgiveness?

as a nurse would hospitals provide loan assistance/forgiveness student-loans healthcare...

nursing

Joyce C.’s Avatar
Joyce C. Oct 30, 2018 501 views

What is the typical breakdown of loans versus grants?

I was thinking about applying for a loan but I am not sure I will be eligible for one, how do I go about figuring this out? student-loans college loans finance...

money

Dorian B.’s Avatar
Dorian B. Oct 16, 2018 244 views

What are some tricks that people use to not have as much student loans.

Tricks that’s not common. I need some ideas #...

student-loans

Juliana Z.’s Avatar
Juliana Z. Oct 14, 2018 404 views

What do I need to do to lower by student debts?

I want to come out of college as close to debt free. I am going to an out of state university. financial-aid finance student-loans...

money

Daniel R.’s Avatar
Daniel R. Sep 24, 2018 261 views

Deadly Loans

As much as id like to stray away from them, but do people recommend taking out loans to pay for college? My goal is to be debt free from college yet still achieving my degree but I have many friends who have taken out loans to pay for college. Is that really a good idea? Are students bound to...

student-loans

Gabriela M.’s Avatar
Gabriela M. Sep 18, 2018 401 views

What are the best loans to take out?

The scholarships I have are extremely helpful but they won't pay for the full tuition cost. I'm an extremely low-income student so I already know I'm eligible for many student loans. Which loans have the best qualities and which loans should be my absolutely last option? student-loans college...

money loans

Taya A.’s Avatar
Taya A. Aug 28, 2018 402 views

Is it worth putting all the time and money into going to medical school?

I am debating either becoming a medical doctor or a PA. I want the pay and title of a doctor. However, I also am not sure I want to spend all the time and money for the education of becoming one. doctor doctorate-degree phd student-loans medicine...

doctors

Isabelle H.’s Avatar
Isabelle H. Aug 28, 2018 369 views

What's the most important thing when it comes to preparing to get a student loan?

Is there a certain loan I should ask for? Is there any reason that I wouldn't be able to get a loan from a bank? student-loans...

loans

Dylan L.’s Avatar
Dylan L. Jul 25, 2018 338 views

What is the easiest way to alleviate student loans?

I am wondering what tips would be useful to know before I enter collage so I can pay off the loan before interest starts building. financial-planning loans finance...

student-loans

Laura W.’s Avatar
Laura W. May 23, 2018 515 views

How do I get portions/all of my student loans forgiven?

Are there companies that offer to forgive student loans for hired professional? studentloans student loanforgiveness loans debt student-loans finance...

financial-advising

Mikala H.’s Avatar
Mikala H. Jul 10, 2018 347 views

How do student loans work and how do I choose the best one?

This never seems to come up in college discussions and I'm a bit lost in the process. student studentloans money loans finance financial-aid student-loans...

college

Noelle M.’s Avatar
Noelle M. Jul 14, 2018 407 views

What is the best way to find scholarships?

The price of college scares me, and at most of the schools I've been looking at the scholarships are very competitive, and I was wondering if there are other better ways to get money for school. school scholarships paying-for-school college financial-aid student-loans...

student-debt

Samantha Z.’s Avatar
Samantha Z. Jul 13, 2018 506 views

Dealing with debt

How is everyone else dealing with all the student loan debt? When I get out of PT school I will be looking at $100,000 in debt. While I will be loving what I do, that number gives me anxiety. How is everyone paying off their student loan debt? debt personal-finance student-loans...

anxiety

Isaiah C.’s Avatar
Isaiah C. May 31, 2018 401 views

Finding loans

Where should I look to get loans for college? It's unlikely that I'll be able to get enough scholarships to pay entirely for college, and I'm not sure where to find reasonable loans loans college financial-aid...

student-loans

Jillian R.’s Avatar
Jillian R. May 30, 2018 366 views

What are the best student loans to apply for?

I'm starting to apply for loans and want to find out which ones will have good interest rates and come from trusted places. loans student-loans...

student

Jason G.’s Avatar
Jason G. May 25, 2018 434 views

Does it make sense to borrow money without getting a student loan?

The financial aid package for my graduate program includes only direct unsubsidized graduate loans. These loans have high interest rates and bad conditions. My tuition is very expensive and I am not receiving enough scholarship money to cover tuition, even if I get a high-paying part-time...

tuition money-management loans financial-aid debt college money student-loans