Career Questions tagged Psychologist

Edwin S.’s Avatar
Edwin S. Apr 23 67 views

How beneficial is it to pursue the career of a psychologist?

I am a Junior in high school and was wondering that if I chose to pursue the career of a psychologist, how beneficial would it be to myself and clients/patients? #career #future-careers #student #highschool...

#psychologist

Edwin S.’s Avatar
Edwin S. Apr 21 46 views

What are some good tips if you are planning to become a psychologist?

I am a student who loves to help others but I feel like I should be doing more. I am willing to sit down and talk to friends whenever they need someone to talk to about their problems. #psychologist...

#student

Briana M.’s Avatar
Briana M. Mar 23 122 views

What is your personal experience working in the Psychology field?

I'm currently in school to become a Clinical Psychologist. I'm reaching out today in search of additional information about my career choice. I would love to hear about any additional advice or information you might have about the academic path to becoming a Clinical Psychologist or your...

#clinicalpsychology #clinical-psychology #psychologist

Madison M.’s Avatar
Madison M. Mar 04 87 views

will I need to become a police officer before I can become a forensic psychologist?

I've seen a few places that mention I might need to become a police officer to then advance to a forensic psychologist and I was wondering if that was accurate. #psychologist #psychology #forensics...

#police

sara P.’s Avatar
sara P. Mar 04 78 views

I wanna become a Psychologist ( social worker) but I'm not sure how to start off.

I'm only a grade 10 student who still doesn't have a job because im trying to get good mark because in grade 9 i kinda lacked everything but now im doing soo much better and I always wanted to become a psychologist but not sure how i should start it like i wanna learn about it alot but im not...

#help #helpagain #psychologist

Abby C.’s Avatar
Abby C. Mar 03 163 views

Tips for choosing between law and psychology careers

Hi, my name is Abby! I am a junior in high school and have to start thinking about how I want to spend the rest of my life making money (fun!) and would really appreciate some help. Some of the paths I am considering are psychology because I love the psych classes I have taken, and law because...

#politics #politicalscience #organizationalpsychology #exams #inhousecounsel #law-school #generalcounsel #humanresources #law #iopsychology #psychology #lawyer #corporatelaw #forensicpsychology #money #industrialpsychology #team #psychologist

Christina L.’s Avatar
Christina L. Dec 01, 2020 362 views

Is it realistic to work in business fields with a Psychology degree?

I love studying psychology and find that it can help me move forward into becoming a clinical psychologist or academic counselor after undergrad. I find that a degree in psychology may be pretty versatile and would like to use it to explore careers in business as well. I plan on taking business...

#communitycollege #universityofcalifornia #career #psychology #businessmarketing #univeristy #psychmajor #marketing #counselor #business #academiccounselor #businessadministration #company #psychologist #humanresources

Christina L.’s Avatar
Christina L. Dec 01, 2020 201 views

Best extracurriculars for Psychology major?

I am in a community college studying psychology and want to apply to many great schools by the time I transfer! I am interested in getting my masters to become a clinical psychologist or educational counselor after undergrad. However, during the time I am in community college now, I want to...

#psychiatrist #universityofcalifornia #volunteering #psychology #psychologist #university #guidancecounselor #counselor #clinicalpsychologist #mentor #college #remotevolunteering #communitycollege #academiccounselor

David C.’s Avatar
David C. Oct 30, 2020 119 views
Cole Pugh P.’s Avatar
Cole Pugh P. Oct 23, 2020 115 views

How does finding your job and going through an internship as a Psychologist go?

Hello I'm a sophomore and I was thinking of becoming a Psychologist and counsel those who need help. I am confused on the entire job search and how to go into an internship. #job-search #psychology #internships...

#psychologist

aerion V.’s Avatar
aerion V. Oct 22, 2020 93 views

where would i go to school ?

#psychologist #school where would i go to school if i were to be a therapist or a...

kiley B.’s Avatar
kiley B. Oct 19, 2020 78 views
kiley B.’s Avatar
kiley B. Oct 19, 2020 67 views
Devon S.’s Avatar
Devon S. Oct 12, 2020 157 views

Best way to ask for a recommendation letter to a PsyD program

Hello, I am in the process of applying to PsyD programs and started to gather recommendation letters. I am finding it very anxiety provoking to ask current and past employers for recommendation letters for my application. I would love some advice on the best ways to ask for recommendation...

#psyd #career #psychology #psychologist #recommendations #gradschool #strategy

Devon S.’s Avatar
Devon S. Oct 12, 2020 131 views
Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Sep 07, 2020 286 views

Is psychology a good choice of career?

Hey! Let me tell you a bit about myself. I like helping people A LOT. Understanding and empathizing with people are my dominant qualities. I like learning about human behaviour and cognitive functions. When I'm in a group, I can really absorb the feeling of others, I know when someone is...

#phd #psychology #career-choice #advice #psychologist

shimera S.’s Avatar
shimera S. Aug 24, 2020 115 views

What Career Best Suits Me?

I like to others before myself so I feel like becoming a psychologist is my future job. I also to give people advise on certain problems and events that occurs in their life and possibly defusing bad situations ....

#psychologist

Aditi B.’s Avatar
Aditi B. Jan 30, 2020 155 views

What are the best places to do Clinical Psychology internships in Washington D.C.?

I'm an Indian undergraduate student who is looking to do an internship in Washington D.C., Virginia. I'm especially interested in clinical psychology and psycho-oncology. Keeping this in mind, what would be the best places to do an internship (paid or unpaid)? #internship #psychology...

#psychologist