Career Questions tagged Psychologist

Adaeze I.’s Avatar
Adaeze I. May 18, 2016 404 views

What could one do with a bachelors in psychology?

My parents are worried that I won't be able to get a good job right out of college with a degree in psychology. #college #psychologist...

#psychology

Jacob H.’s Avatar
Jacob H. May 12, 2016 418 views

If I start out as an undergraduate degree in education, how easy would it be for me to go to graduate school for sports psychology?

I would like to coach at the high school level. My plan is to get my undergraduate degree and start teaching/coaching. I want to go on and slowly work towards a career as a sports psychologist. Would I be starting over If I followed through with my undergraduate degree in education? #teacher...

#psychologist #college #administrator #career #science #career-counseling

Riley J.’s Avatar
Riley J. Oct 18, 2016 419 views

Working in the medical field

How does working with patients affect your personal lives? For a long time I wanted to be a psychiatric nurse but I can imagine it is hard to shut off emotional connection to patients in the work place. #doctor #psychology #nurse #psychologist...

#psychiatrist

Katherine C.’s Avatar
Katherine C. Oct 11, 2016 667 views

What are the advantages and disadvantages of becoming a psychologist?

I am considering majoring in psychology and I was wondering about the good and bad parts of becoming a psychologist. #college #psychology #psychologist...

#advantages

sarmistha D.’s Avatar
sarmistha D. Aug 05, 2016 1598 views

How to overcome fearness and nervousness during a presentation?

I'm going to be in 10 grade this year. I will have a portfolio to present my projects in front of some students and teachers. But I get scared while presenting and sometimes forget what to say. Other hand, my English is not so well. #professor...

#psychologist

Michelle M.’s Avatar
Michelle M. May 26, 2016 894 views

What careers are good that involve psychology?

I am mainly looking at going for counseling but I want to look more at the different careers that involve psychology. #counseling #clinical-psychology...

#psychologist

Roselynn H.’s Avatar
Roselynn H. May 18, 2016 427 views

What is the best college preparation to do research on animal sentience?

I am planning to major in Psychology and wonder if this is the best major. #research #psychologist #animal...

#behaviorists

Lily  A.’s Avatar
Lily A. May 18, 2016 457 views

How do I go about finding internships in my college years pertaining to psychology?

I am very interested in psychology and the human brain and how we act and behave. I would like to start working with psychologists during my college years to get a feel of what it will be like for me. #psychology #clinical-psychology...

#psychologist

Tishina D.’s Avatar
Tishina D. May 15, 2016 484 views

What does work as a psychiatrist entail?

I enrolled as a psychology major at Rutgers and am interested in pursuing a career as a psychiatrist but am unsure if this is the right choice for me. I am more interested in the science and research aspect of this field rather than the communication aspect. Should I look into another career...

#psychologist #psychology #psychiatry #psychiatrists

Jian sheng L.’s Avatar
Jian sheng L. May 13, 2016 474 views

How long does it take me to reach my doctorate degree in psychology? Is it benefical for me to get a Psy. D in psychology or a Ph. D in psychology at the end? Should I double major biology and psychology in college to give myself an edge when applying t

I am going to attend stony brook university in the coming fall to major in psychology. My career aspiration is to become a psychologist or a psychiatrist so I can help people with mental disorders. I don't know whether or not if I should double major psychology and biology or chemistry in...

#psychologist #psychiatry #clinical

jaileen R.’s Avatar
jaileen R. Apr 13, 2016 927 views

what are some of the problems you faced when becoming a psychiatrist?

I am thinking about being a psychiatrist but am wondering if it will change the way I live my life drastically. #psychology #medicine #psychiatry #lifestyle #psychologist...

#psychiatrist

Megan L.’s Avatar
Megan L. Mar 01, 2016 2155 views

Is there any way to combine traveling with being a clinical psychologist ?

I am a senior that recently got accepted into Scripps College under Early Decision. I have a passion for traveling and learning languages, but I am also extremely interested in studying psychology and becoming a clinical psychologist. I am unsure if it is possible to combine traveling and...

#psychologist #psychology #clinical-psychology #travel #clinical

Latisha L.’s Avatar
Latisha L. Mar 01, 2016 803 views

What are some careers that combine psychology and criminal law ?

I am currently a senior who has received acceptance to Wesleyan University through Early Decision. Ever since I was younger I always had an interest in studying criminal law; however, I have gained more interest in psychology. I do not want to completely abandon studying law, so I would...

#psychologist #criminal-justice #social-psychology

Lucy N.’s Avatar
Lucy N. Aug 03, 2015 2505 views

What is the difference between cognitive science and psychology?

I am a third year at UC Davis majoring in Neurobiology, Physiology,and Behavior. I am stuck between switching into either psychology or cognitive science. I would love to know more of the career paths for cognitive science. #college-major #psychologist...

#cognitive-science

Shadae B.’s Avatar
Shadae B. Mar 21, 2015 872 views

What distinguishes a family therapist from a psychologist?

I am a senior in high school and I am considering majoring in psychology. I am unsure of what career I would like to do under this major. #psychology #psychologist...

#therapist

Frida R.’s Avatar
Frida R. Mar 17, 2015 559 views

What are the specific steps it takes to become a clinical psychologist?

I want to be able to find out how I can begin to prepare myself for this career. #psychologist...

#clinical

Taty F.’s Avatar
Taty F. Feb 26, 2015 605 views
Chelsea R.’s Avatar
Chelsea R. Oct 17, 2014 751 views

Thinking about Social Psychology

My dream is to work with and study the behavior of great apes such as; orangutans and gorillas. I will be mastering in primate behavior in 5-7 years. I am thinking about majoring in Social Psychology in the next 3 year. I am wondering if this is a smart destitution. #career-paths #professors...

#psychologist #social-science-phd #social-psychologist #zookeeper

Jackson T.’s Avatar
Jackson T. Oct 25, 2013 832 views

How do I become a school psychologist?

I would really like to work with high school students as a psychologist. What do I have to do to make that happen. I am currently a senior in high school. #school...

#psychologist