Career Questions tagged Psychologist

Aditi B.’s Avatar
Aditi B. Jan 30 41 views

What are the best places to do Clinical Psychology internships in Washington D.C.?

I'm an Indian undergraduate student who is looking to do an internship in Washington D.C., Virginia. I'm especially interested in clinical psychology and psycho-oncology. Keeping this in mind, what would be the best places to do an internship (paid or unpaid)? #internship #psychology...

#psychologist

Saadhvi N.’s Avatar
Saadhvi N. Jan 25 87 views

How do I become a LPCC/ BCBA/ MFT licensed therapist

I am a #counseling #psychologist from India. I wish to begin my career in the US (Bay area, CA) as a licensed #therapist. My options are #lpcc, #bcba therapist, #mft therapist. I would like to know universities and practicum requirements for the options. And what are the job opportunities...

Michelle S.’s Avatar
Michelle S. Sep 27, 2019 52 views
Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 25, 2019 69 views

What kind of transportation jobs involve psychology?

I am currently pursuing my bachelors in psychology and am interested in research. However, I also am really interested in transportation (Amtrak, light rail networks, public transportation companies, etc.). What kinds of jobs in transportation might relate to these type of transportation...

#psychology #subway #transport #research #train #psychologist #philadelphia #transit #commuting #bus #travel #amtrak #transportation

Christina R.’s Avatar
Christina R. Jan 31, 2019 180 views

Looking for advice on graduate school

I graduated with a BA in Psychology and a minor in Business Administration about two years ago. For the past several years, I've been working in direct care. I have experience caring for adults with severe mental illnesses, and my current job involves working with emotionally disturbed...

#psychology #psychologist #graduate-school #business

Alejandra G.’s Avatar
Alejandra G. May 03, 2019 125 views
Molly R.’s Avatar
Molly R. Mar 12, 2019 132 views

What are some reasons to be a psychologist?

#psychology #psychologist I am in 11th grade and i am interested in psychology, I want to know some reasons why i should be a...

Jahnya J.’s Avatar
Jahnya J. Feb 06, 2019 150 views

Is it hard balancing your social life and work like if you're a psychologist?

Were you really - extremely busy when you got the job? Did you lose friends or significant others because of your profession? #psychology #balance #social-life #work-life-balance...

#psychologist

Grecia G.’s Avatar
Grecia G. Jan 07, 2019 143 views

What are different kind of jobs a psychologist can have?

I am a junior in highschool and I have been thinking of being a psychologist but I am quite confused on different jobs a psychologist can have. #psychology #psychologist...

#child-psychology

Dametreius C.’s Avatar
Dametreius C. Aug 27, 2018 212 views

Is it to much?

Is working plus taking 16 credits too much for my freshman year in college? #psychologist...

#counselor

Schyler S.’s Avatar
Schyler S. Aug 27, 2018 150 views

What jobs will I be able to find if I pursue a degree in Psychology?

I want to major in psychology, but I am not sure of all the jobs this branch has to offer. #psychologist #major #college...

#job

Zalyia C.’s Avatar
Zalyia C. Apr 26, 2018 255 views

Do psychologist ever feel that their job is to much to handle/ too overwhelming?

I ask because I've heard the job can be emotionally draining and I can be a sensitive/emotional person. #counseling-psychology #therapy #psychology #psychologist...

#stress

Abby S.’s Avatar
Abby S. Jun 27, 2018 259 views

I want to be a developmental child psychologist

what majors should i take in college . #psychology #development #psychologist #children...

#kids

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 256 views

How much do psychology majors make?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #psychology...

#salary #psychologist #cognitive-science #pay

Adaeze I.’s Avatar
Adaeze I. May 18, 2016 394 views

What could one do with a bachelors in psychology?

My parents are worried that I won't be able to get a good job right out of college with a degree in psychology. #college #psychologist...

#psychology

Allison B.’s Avatar
Allison B. Mar 15, 2018 235 views

What do I need to become a psychologist or mental health professional?

I want to know what kind of degree is needed to become a psychologist. I have searched the internet for answers to this quite a few times, and the answers range anywhere from a 4 - year Bachelor's degree to a M.A. or even a PhD. I would also like to know what kind of degree is generally...

#psychology #clincial-mental-health #mentalhealthawareness #psychologist #psychotherapy #mentalhealth #mentalhealthprofessional

Dayonna J.’s Avatar
Dayonna J. Jan 23, 2018 280 views

Once you got into the major how did your opinion of psychologist evolve? Did you find your interest shifting ?

Hello my name is Dayonna I would like to more about #psychologist. I would like to know more about the #job-description of a psychologist and what are some #benefits of being a psychologist and why I should make this my #career...

Reid M.’s Avatar
Reid M. Jan 03, 2018 344 views

If I want to be a psychologist, what college courses should I take?

I am really interested in how the #human brain works. I would love to pursue a job that works with people and helps them understand how they are thinking. Being a #psychologist would be my dream...

Curtis  S.’s Avatar
Curtis S. Sep 01, 2017 436 views
Jacob H.’s Avatar
Jacob H. May 12, 2016 405 views

If I start out as an undergraduate degree in education, how easy would it be for me to go to graduate school for sports psychology?

I would like to coach at the high school level. My plan is to get my undergraduate degree and start teaching/coaching. I want to go on and slowly work towards a career as a sports psychologist. Would I be starting over If I followed through with my undergraduate degree in education? #teacher...

#career-counseling #psychologist #science #college #career #administrator

Crystal R.’s Avatar
Crystal R. Aug 03, 2017 670 views

If I am undecided about what career I want, would double majoring be a good idea?

The two majors I want are very different, communications, and psychology. I want to be a psychologist because it is more practical and it is almost guaranteed a job, but I also want to work at BuzzFeed because it is such an open place and I would have to be on top of my mental game all the...

#psychology #psychologist #double #communications #undecided #majors #double-major #major

Riley J.’s Avatar
Riley J. Oct 18, 2016 407 views

Working in the medical field

How does working with patients affect your personal lives? For a long time I wanted to be a psychiatric nurse but I can imagine it is hard to shut off emotional connection to patients in the work place. #doctor #psychology #nurse #psychologist...

#psychiatrist

Katherine C.’s Avatar
Katherine C. Oct 11, 2016 652 views

What are the advantages and disadvantages of becoming a psychologist?

I am considering majoring in psychology and I was wondering about the good and bad parts of becoming a psychologist. #college #psychology #psychologist...

#advantages