Career Questions tagged Psychologist

Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Sep 07 105 views

Is psychology a good choice of career?

Hey! Let me tell you a bit about myself. I like helping people A LOT. Understanding and empathizing with people are my dominant qualities. I like learning about human behaviour and cognitive functions. When I'm in a group, I can really absorb the feeling of others, I know when someone is...

#phd #psychology #psychologist #advice #career-choice

shimera S.’s Avatar
shimera S. Aug 24 51 views

What Career Best Suits Me?

I like to others before myself so I feel like becoming a psychologist is my future job. I also to give people advise on certain problems and events that occurs in their life and possibly defusing bad situations ....

#psychologist

Aditi B.’s Avatar
Aditi B. Jan 30 88 views

What are the best places to do Clinical Psychology internships in Washington D.C.?

I'm an Indian undergraduate student who is looking to do an internship in Washington D.C., Virginia. I'm especially interested in clinical psychology and psycho-oncology. Keeping this in mind, what would be the best places to do an internship (paid or unpaid)? #internship #psychology...

#psychologist

Saadhvi N.’s Avatar
Saadhvi N. Jan 25 143 views

How do I become a LPCC/ BCBA/ MFT licensed therapist

I am a #counseling #psychologist from India. I wish to begin my career in the US (Bay area, CA) as a licensed #therapist. My options are #lpcc, #bcba therapist, #mft therapist. I would like to know universities and practicum requirements for the options. And what are the job opportunities...

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 25, 2019 112 views

What kind of transportation jobs involve psychology?

I am currently pursuing my bachelors in psychology and am interested in research. However, I also am really interested in transportation (Amtrak, light rail networks, public transportation companies, etc.). What kinds of jobs in transportation might relate to these type of transportation...

#subway #psychology #commuting #bus #transportation #transport #research #transit #train #travel #psychologist #amtrak #philadelphia

Christina R.’s Avatar
Christina R. Jan 31, 2019 215 views

Looking for advice on graduate school

I graduated with a BA in Psychology and a minor in Business Administration about two years ago. For the past several years, I've been working in direct care. I have experience caring for adults with severe mental illnesses, and my current job involves working with emotionally disturbed...

#psychologist #psychology #business #graduate-school

Alejandra G.’s Avatar
Alejandra G. May 03, 2019 147 views
Molly R.’s Avatar
Molly R. Mar 12, 2019 181 views

What are some reasons to be a psychologist?

#psychology #psychologist I am in 11th grade and i am interested in psychology, I want to know some reasons why i should be a...

Jahnya J.’s Avatar
Jahnya J. Feb 06, 2019 184 views

Is it hard balancing your social life and work like if you're a psychologist?

Were you really - extremely busy when you got the job? Did you lose friends or significant others because of your profession? #psychology #balance #social-life #work-life-balance...

#psychologist

Grecia G.’s Avatar
Grecia G. Jan 07, 2019 185 views

What are different kind of jobs a psychologist can have?

I am a junior in highschool and I have been thinking of being a psychologist but I am quite confused on different jobs a psychologist can have. #psychology #psychologist...

#child-psychology

Dametreius C.’s Avatar
Dametreius C. Aug 27, 2018 287 views

Is it to much?

Is working plus taking 16 credits too much for my freshman year in college? #psychologist...

#counselor

Schyler S.’s Avatar
Schyler S. Aug 27, 2018 176 views

What jobs will I be able to find if I pursue a degree in Psychology?

I want to major in psychology, but I am not sure of all the jobs this branch has to offer. #psychologist #major #college...

#job

Zalyia C.’s Avatar
Zalyia C. Apr 26, 2018 293 views

Do psychologist ever feel that their job is to much to handle/ too overwhelming?

I ask because I've heard the job can be emotionally draining and I can be a sensitive/emotional person. #counseling-psychology #therapy #psychology #psychologist...

#stress

Abby S.’s Avatar
Abby S. Jun 27, 2018 307 views
Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 300 views

How much do psychology majors make?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #psychology...

#salary #cognitive-science #psychologist #pay

Adaeze I.’s Avatar
Adaeze I. May 18, 2016 414 views

What could one do with a bachelors in psychology?

My parents are worried that I won't be able to get a good job right out of college with a degree in psychology. #college #psychologist...

#psychology

Allison B.’s Avatar
Allison B. Mar 15, 2018 280 views

What do I need to become a psychologist or mental health professional?

I want to know what kind of degree is needed to become a psychologist. I have searched the internet for answers to this quite a few times, and the answers range anywhere from a 4 - year Bachelor's degree to a M.A. or even a PhD. I would also like to know what kind of degree is generally...

#clincial-mental-health #mentalhealthawareness #psychology #mentalhealth #psychotherapy #mentalhealthprofessional #psychologist

Dayonna J.’s Avatar
Dayonna J. Jan 23, 2018 317 views

Once you got into the major how did your opinion of psychologist evolve? Did you find your interest shifting ?

Hello my name is Dayonna I would like to more about #psychologist. I would like to know more about the #job-description of a psychologist and what are some #benefits of being a psychologist and why I should make this my #career...

Reid M.’s Avatar
Reid M. Jan 03, 2018 392 views

If I want to be a psychologist, what college courses should I take?

I am really interested in how the #human brain works. I would love to pursue a job that works with people and helps them understand how they are thinking. Being a #psychologist would be my dream...

Curtis  S.’s Avatar
Curtis S. Sep 01, 2017 472 views