Career Questions tagged Psychologist

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 25 33 views

What kind of transportation jobs involve psychology?

I am currently pursuing my bachelors in psychology and am interested in research. However, I also am really interested in transportation (Amtrak, light rail networks, public transportation companies, etc.). What kinds of jobs in transportation might relate to these type of transportation...

#transport #philadelphia #travel #commuting #bus #amtrak #subway #transportation #research #psychologist #train #transit #psychology

Christina R.’s Avatar
Christina R. Jan 31 134 views

Looking for advice on graduate school

I graduated with a BA in Psychology and a minor in Business Administration about two years ago. For the past several years, I've been working in direct care. I have experience caring for adults with severe mental illnesses, and my current job involves working with emotionally disturbed...

#business #graduate-school #psychologist #psychology

Alejandra G.’s Avatar
Alejandra G. May 03 87 views
Molly R.’s Avatar
Molly R. Mar 12 76 views

What are some reasons to be a psychologist?

#psychology #psychologist I am in 11th grade and i am interested in psychology, I want to know some reasons why i should be a...

Jahnya J.’s Avatar
Jahnya J. Feb 06 106 views

Is it hard balancing your social life and work like if you're a psychologist?

Were you really - extremely busy when you got the job? Did you lose friends or significant others because of your profession? #psychology #balance #social-life #work-life-balance...

#psychologist

Grecia G.’s Avatar
Grecia G. Jan 07 105 views

What are different kind of jobs a psychologist can have?

I am a junior in highschool and I have been thinking of being a psychologist but I am quite confused on different jobs a psychologist can have. #psychology #psychologist...

#child-psychology

Dametreius C.’s Avatar
Dametreius C. Aug 27, 2018 156 views

Is it to much?

Is working plus taking 16 credits too much for my freshman year in college? #psychologist...

#counselor

Schyler S.’s Avatar
Schyler S. Aug 27, 2018 114 views

What jobs will I be able to find if I pursue a degree in Psychology?

I want to major in psychology, but I am not sure of all the jobs this branch has to offer. #psychologist #major #college...

#job

Zalyia C.’s Avatar
Zalyia C. Apr 26, 2018 212 views

Do psychologist ever feel that their job is to much to handle/ too overwhelming?

I ask because I've heard the job can be emotionally draining and I can be a sensitive/emotional person. #counseling-psychology #therapy #psychology #psychologist...

#stress

Abby S.’s Avatar
Abby S. Jun 27, 2018 218 views

I want to be a developmental child psychologist

what majors should i take in college . #psychology #development #psychologist #children...

#kids

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 217 views

How much do psychology majors make?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #psychology...

#salary #pay #cognitive-science #psychologist

Adaeze I.’s Avatar
Adaeze I. May 18, 2016 358 views

What could one do with a bachelors in psychology?

My parents are worried that I won't be able to get a good job right out of college with a degree in psychology. #college #psychologist...

#psychology

Allison B.’s Avatar
Allison B. Mar 15, 2018 210 views

What do I need to become a psychologist or mental health professional?

I want to know what kind of degree is needed to become a psychologist. I have searched the internet for answers to this quite a few times, and the answers range anywhere from a 4 - year Bachelor's degree to a M.A. or even a PhD. I would also like to know what kind of degree is generally...

#clincial-mental-health #mentalhealthprofessional #psychologist #psychotherapy #mentalhealth #mentalhealthawareness #psychology

Dayonna J.’s Avatar
Dayonna J. Jan 23, 2018 236 views

Once you got into the major how did your opinion of psychologist evolve? Did you find your interest shifting ?

Hello my name is Dayonna I would like to more about #psychologist. I would like to know more about the #job-description of a psychologist and what are some #benefits of being a psychologist and why I should make this my #career...

Reid M.’s Avatar
Reid M. Jan 03, 2018 297 views

If I want to be a psychologist, what college courses should I take?

I am really interested in how the #human brain works. I would love to pursue a job that works with people and helps them understand how they are thinking. Being a #psychologist would be my dream...

Curtis  S.’s Avatar
Curtis S. Sep 01, 2017 375 views
Jacob H.’s Avatar
Jacob H. May 12, 2016 369 views

If I start out as an undergraduate degree in education, how easy would it be for me to go to graduate school for sports psychology?

I would like to coach at the high school level. My plan is to get my undergraduate degree and start teaching/coaching. I want to go on and slowly work towards a career as a sports psychologist. Would I be starting over If I followed through with my undergraduate degree in education? #teacher...

#career-counseling #science #administrator #college #career #psychologist

Crystal R.’s Avatar
Crystal R. Aug 03, 2017 608 views

If I am undecided about what career I want, would double majoring be a good idea?

The two majors I want are very different, communications, and psychology. I want to be a psychologist because it is more practical and it is almost guaranteed a job, but I also want to work at BuzzFeed because it is such an open place and I would have to be on top of my mental game all the...

#double-major #majors #communications #psychologist #major #double #undecided #psychology

Riley J.’s Avatar
Riley J. Oct 18, 2016 377 views

Working in the medical field

How does working with patients affect your personal lives? For a long time I wanted to be a psychiatric nurse but I can imagine it is hard to shut off emotional connection to patients in the work place. #doctor #psychology #nurse #psychologist...

#psychiatrist

Katherine C.’s Avatar
Katherine C. Oct 11, 2016 609 views

What are the advantages and disadvantages of becoming a psychologist?

I am considering majoring in psychology and I was wondering about the good and bad parts of becoming a psychologist. #college #psychology #psychologist...

#advantages

sarmistha D.’s Avatar
sarmistha D. Aug 05, 2016 1476 views

How to overcome fearness and nervousness during a presentation?

I'm going to be in 10 grade this year. I will have a portfolio to present my projects in front of some students and teachers. But I get scared while presenting and sometimes forget what to say. Other hand, my English is not so well. #professor...

#psychologist

Michelle M.’s Avatar
Michelle M. May 26, 2016 820 views

What careers are good that involve psychology?

I am mainly looking at going for counseling but I want to look more at the different careers that involve psychology. #counseling #clinical-psychology...

#psychologist

Roselynn H.’s Avatar
Roselynn H. May 18, 2016 383 views

What is the best college preparation to do research on animal sentience?

I am planning to major in Psychology and wonder if this is the best major. #research #psychologist #animal...

#behaviorists