Career Questions tagged Cognitive Psychology

Kaitlyn R.’s Avatar
Kaitlyn R. Jan 15, 2018

What type of job would someone with a cognitive science degree do?

I love cognitive science and plan for that to be my major..but struggle with what type of job I would someday like to do. #cognitive-science #clinical-psychology #cognition #cognitive-psychology...

#neuroscience

Azaleah L.’s Avatar
Azaleah L. Mar 27, 2018

What job opportunities would be available to me with a declared double major in Cognitive Neuroscience and Psychology, and what steps can I take while in college to better my chances at obtaining a job?

As stated in the question, I am double majoring in Cognitive Neuroscience and Psychology. I want to study the relation of the brain to cognition and behavior to gain a better understanding of the only partially unlocked human mind and how this understanding can help with mental health and...

#cognitive-psychology #neuroscience #psychology

Phoebe  H.’s Avatar
Phoebe H. Oct 12, 2017

What are possible careers for a person who majored in Behavioral Neuroscience?

I am interested in how the brain works, and specifically why it causes people to act the way they do. I want to work with people with special needs, but wonder if this is a plausible career. I am also interested in research, maybe also related to special needs. #neuroscience...

#neuroscientist #neurology #cognitive-psychology #special-needs #behavioral-health #child-development

Kelly L.’s Avatar
Kelly L. Sep 01, 2017

What can I do with a psychology major?

I am really interested in studying psychology but I would also like to work with young children. How can I incorporate these two things into a career path? #psychology #psychotherapy #child-development #child-psychology #cognitive-psychology...

#psychology-education

anne C.’s Avatar
anne C. May 13, 2016

What kind of jobs can I get if I get a graduate degree in cognitive psychology?

I am really interested in cognitive psychology but I don't know if I will be able to find a job I am interested in with a salary that I can live off of. The work I would like to do is scientific studies/experiments . #psychology #cognitive-psychology #cognitive-science #clinical-trials...

#financial-planning

Nicole C.’s Avatar
Nicole C. Jan 23, 2017

What careers are suitable for someone that majored in Cognitive Science?

I am majoring in Cognitive Science and am curious what job opportunities are out there for someone with my degree. #college-major #college-jobs #cognitive-psychology #cognitive-science...

#cognition

Isaac D.’s Avatar
Isaac D. Oct 28, 2016

What all do cognitive psychologists do?

I have liked psychology and been interested in it. I especially am interested in thinking and how people do it and why. However, i also like the way the biological portions of neurology come into play with the brain and how it works. So i am wondering what it is that cognitive psychologists do...

#biology #neuroscience #cognitive-psychology #psychology #science

Isaac D.’s Avatar
Isaac D. Oct 28, 2016

What do neuroscientists actually do? What all are the different occupations in the field of neuroscience?

I have always been interested in the nervous system and the brain, as well as how they work and affect the way people act or behave. I am interested in the somewhat psychological portions of neuroscience but have always had trouble finding an occupation that really fits exactly what i have...

#neurology #neuroscience #cognitive-psychology #psychology

Christine C.’s Avatar
Christine C. Oct 22, 2016

What are the different types of careers for areas in psychology? Why are people interested in these jobs?

I'm super interested in psych. And I just want to know what a normal day is as a psychologist or any other career. #psychology #clinical-psychology #psychotherapy...

#cognitive-psychology

Cherie Z.’s Avatar
Cherie Z. May 16, 2016

What's the most uselful graduate degree in psychology?

I'm working on a degree in psychology, but don't necessarily want to be a clinical psychologist. I'm fascinated by cognitive, social, and political psychology. Are careers realistically available in these areas, and if so what degree would be necessary? #psychology #politics #consulting...

#social-psychology #forensic-psychology #cognition #cognitive-psychology