Career Questions tagged Neurology

Mehakpreet S.’s Avatar
Mehakpreet S. Mar 18 108 views

I want to be a neuroscientist. In September, I'll be attending university for BScH in Neuroscience. Should I double major in Neuroscience and Computer Science? This will take 5 years instead of the usual four.

I am going to Canada (from India) to study neuroscience. I'm just wondering if computer would be helpful in neuroscience. Remember that I really love Computer, know C and Java, but I would have so many things going on provided research, extracurricular activities, volunteering, and so on.

Victory T.’s Avatar
Victory T. Oct 05, 2021 158 views

How do I become a neurologist? Any good advice?

I'm a 16 year old high schooler. #neurologist #neurology

Angel B.’s Avatar
Angel B. Jun 01, 2021 243 views

What does the daily life of a doctor look like.

I just want to know for research purposes. #hospital #clinical-psychology #counseling #emergency-room #neurology #doctor #medicine

Dey'ja M.’s Avatar
Dey'ja M. May 12, 2021 166 views

What would you like to learn more about in your field of expertise ?

I am Honest, ethical, conscientious #neurology #neuroscience #astrophysics

Alissa H.’s Avatar
Alissa H. Apr 23, 2021 225 views

How do I figure out what major to choose?

What jobs are available in the field of neuroscience or cognitive science? How different are they actually from each other? How does physiological psychology fit differ as well? #neuroscience #neurology #college #study

Amanda K.’s Avatar
Amanda K. Mar 05, 2021 194 views

What are Possible Careers in the Neurology Pathway?

I'm interested in healthcare and studying the brain, but I'm not familiar with the different opportunities associated with neurology, especially since medicine is such a diverse field.
#healthcare #medicine #neurology

Terrion C.’s Avatar
Terrion C. Mar 01, 2021 162 views

What steps do i take to complete sports management? What obstacles might get in my path?

#neurology

Fibion M.’s Avatar
Fibion M. Jan 18, 2021 161 views

what are the best steps to take to be a nuero-surgeon after taking a biology major for 3 years in undergraduate college in India? How many years will it take to complete Masters and to finally be called a nuero-surgeon ?

#student-counseling #neurology

G. S.’s Avatar
G. S. Nov 02, 2020 272 views

What challenges are there to being a neurologist?

Hi, I'm a student in Alaska, and am interested in neuroscience and potentially becoming a specializing physician. What are the most challenging parts of being a neurologist? What are the most rewarding elements? What skills are absolutely essential to for a neurologist or for other...

Maya H.’s Avatar
Maya H. Oct 06, 2020 261 views

I want to go to study neurology but can't handle medical school. What majors can I look to?

#neurology

Lexis T.’s Avatar
Lexis T. Aug 20, 2020 236 views

How did you know being a Neurologists was that right career path for you?

#neurologist #neurology

Charlotte Y.’s Avatar
Charlotte Y. Aug 09, 2020 325 views

What should/can i major in in college if I am aiming to be in the medical field?

I am currently a junior in high school and I am not sure about what I can or what I should major in in college if I want to work within the medical field later on. I have heard that you can major in anything in college as long as you take some required classes for medicine but I am not...

Jamari P.’s Avatar
Jamari P. Oct 03, 2019 218 views

What qualities do you value

#medicine #biology #neurology

Jamari P.’s Avatar
Jamari P. Oct 03, 2019 240 views

What is your favorite part of your work

#biology #geography #neurology #science # #medicine

Jashmeet K.’s Avatar
Jashmeet K. Jan 26, 2019 418 views

Will you be able to work while studying neurosurgery

Like a nurse or any profession in the medical field. #medicine #medicine #doctor #healthcare #hospital-and-healthcare #med-school #neurosurgery #surgery #neuroscience #neurology

German V.’s Avatar
German V. Jan 10, 2019 1442 views

What are some of the downsides of being a neurosurgeon?

#doctor #medicalschool #neurology #chemistry #surgery #neurosurgeon

Oreoluwa A.’s Avatar
Oreoluwa A. May 27, 2018 429 views

What are things you wish you k ew before going into neuroscince/neurology?

Are there steps you wish you would have taken before stepping into the field of neurology, or things you wish someone would have told you beforehand?
#advice #startingacareer #priorknowledge #neurology #neuroscience #connections

Oreoluwa A.’s Avatar
Oreoluwa A. May 27, 2018 498 views

How many years does it take to become a practicing neurologist with a doctorate degree?

#neuroscience #neurology #neurologist #collegedegree #practicingdoctor

Ekeko S.’s Avatar
Ekeko S. Apr 13, 2018 622 views

What is an average day in the life of a neurologist and neuroscientist like?

I am really interested in the #brain, and how it functions, but more importantly want to find new discoveries about it. What is a day in the life of his job like,hand is worth all the school years?
#neurology #Neurologist #neuroscience #neuroscientist

Harris N.’s Avatar
Harris N. Mar 22, 2018 561 views

What is it like for a neurologist during their shift?

So far I have learned that neurologists can be called in on their break, need to be ready at all times, can switch between multiple patients throughout the day, and that neurologists and neurosurgeons can go hand-in-hand during operations. #neurology #a-day-in-the-life #neurologist #medicine...

Victoria L.’s Avatar
Victoria L. Mar 17, 2018 430 views

When a neurologist earns their Bachelor's degree, what do they typically major and minor in?

I find this career interesting and would love to know what a neurologist studies before becoming one. #neurology

Ekeko S.’s Avatar
Ekeko S. Feb 16, 2018 441 views

What is the name for this job, it has to do with Neurology?

Hello! For my future i'm looking for a career that has something to do with #neurology , or the #brain. I am mainly VERY interested in finding scientific breakthroughs (such as why we dream, and many other things) Could someone tell me what the name for that career is, and how I can start to...

Christian H.’s Avatar
Christian H. Jan 16, 2018 627 views

How to manage a double major, specifically in ecology and neurobiology?

As a senior high school student, I have two years of experience in ecology research. Having applied to 15 universities, I have targeted schools with cutting-edge research in ecology and neurobiology and flexible degree plans. I would like a personal perspective on co-managing two majors....

Phoebe  H.’s Avatar
Phoebe H. Oct 12, 2017 568 views

What are possible careers for a person who majored in Behavioral Neuroscience?

I am interested in how the brain works, and specifically why it causes people to act the way they do. I want to work with people with special needs, but wonder if this is a plausible career. I am also interested in research, maybe also related to special needs. #neuroscience...

Omar K.’s Avatar
Omar K. May 30, 2017 809 views

What should I pursue in the medical field?

I am interested in the medical field but I am unsure of what major to pursue in. I am interested in neurology and brain anatomy

Any suggestions appreciated! #medicine #neurology #anatomy

Kayla N.’s Avatar
Kayla N. Feb 07, 2017 1248 views

How to become a Neurosurgeon?

Okay so I have a question or multiple. I am very uneducated about all of this. I am already taking college classes now. Is there anyway I could just go straight into medical school? What is residency? If it is what I am thinking is there anyway to do reisdency in another state or do you have to...

Diepreye E.’s Avatar
Diepreye E. Dec 04, 2016 815 views

what is an ivy league college

How is it any different and how helpfull is it I want to know everything about it #networking #neuroscience #neurology #computer-networking #neuropathology

Diepreye E.’s Avatar
Diepreye E. Dec 03, 2016 519 views

i have decided to do neuroscience as my bachelors and some university the duration is three years should i still go ahead in order to become a neurosurgeon

I am asking because some schools requires a four year degree and neuroscience is very related #neuroscience #neurology #neurosurgeon #neuropsychology #neuropathology #neuroscientist

Makayla S.’s Avatar
Makayla S. Oct 31, 2016 622 views

What are some of the ways that you deal with difficult situations that you face as a surgeon?

I want to become a doctor, and specifically a neurosurgeon. I know that it takes a long time, there is much to learn, and years of study to achieve this goal. I realize that I could face some situations that are difficult and that no matter how good I am, I may not be able to help everyone....

Isaac D.’s Avatar
Isaac D. Oct 28, 2016 723 views

What do neuroscientists actually do? What all are the different occupations in the field of neuroscience?

I have always been interested in the nervous system and the brain, as well as how they work and affect the way people act or behave. I am interested in the somewhat psychological portions of neuroscience but have always had trouble finding an occupation that really fits exactly what i have...