Career Questions tagged Neurology

Alissa H.’s Avatar
Alissa H. Apr 23 126 views

How do I figure out what major to choose?

What jobs are available in the field of neuroscience or cognitive science? How different are they actually from each other? How does physiological psychology fit differ as well? neuroscience neurology college...

study

Amanda K.’s Avatar
Amanda K. Mar 05 126 views

What are Possible Careers in the Neurology Pathway?

I'm interested in healthcare and studying the brain, but I'm not familiar with the different opportunities associated with neurology, especially since medicine is such a diverse field. healthcare medicine...

neurology

G. S.’s Avatar
G. S. Nov 02, 2020 183 views

What challenges are there to being a neurologist?

Hi, I'm a student in Alaska, and am interested in neuroscience and potentially becoming a specializing physician. What are the most challenging parts of being a neurologist? What are the most rewarding elements? What skills are absolutely essential to for a neurologist or for other...

neurology neurologist medicine doctor medical-professionals psychology physicians

Charlotte Y.’s Avatar
Charlotte Y. Aug 09, 2020 239 views

What should/can i major in in college if I am aiming to be in the medical field?

I am currently a junior in high school and I am not sure about what I can or what I should major in in college if I want to work within the medical field later on. I have heard that you can major in anything in college as long as you take some required classes for medicine but I am not...

neurology classes majors physical double-major

Jamari P.’s Avatar
Jamari P. Oct 03, 2019 153 views
Oreoluwa A.’s Avatar
Oreoluwa A. May 27, 2018 358 views

What are things you wish you k ew before going into neuroscince/neurology?

Are there steps you wish you would have taken before stepping into the field of neurology, or things you wish someone would have told you beforehand? advice startingacareer priorknowledge neurology neuroscience...

connections

Ekeko S.’s Avatar
Ekeko S. Apr 13, 2018 515 views

What is an average day in the life of a neurologist and neuroscientist like?

I am really interested in the brain, and how it functions, but more importantly want to find new discoveries about it. What is a day in the life of his job like,hand is worth all the school years? neurology neurologist neuroscience...

neuroscientist

Harris N.’s Avatar
Harris N. Mar 22, 2018 480 views

What is it like for a neurologist during their shift?

So far I have learned that neurologists can be called in on their break, need to be ready at all times, can switch between multiple patients throughout the day, and that neurologists and neurosurgeons can go hand-in-hand during operations. neurology a-day-in-the-life neurologist medicine...

healthcare

Sydney S.’s Avatar
Sydney S. Oct 20, 2016 528 views

What are some good colleges for future med students in undergraduate study that have good scholarship options?

I want to go to medical school to be a neurologist, and I am searching for undergrad schools that will lead me in that direction that have good scholarships to offer. doctor medicine neuroscience healthcare hospital-and-health-care...

neurology

Victoria L.’s Avatar
Victoria L. Mar 17, 2018 350 views

When a neurologist earns their Bachelor's degree, what do they typically major and minor in?

I find this career interesting and would love to know what a neurologist studies before becoming one....

neurology

Ekeko S.’s Avatar
Ekeko S. Feb 16, 2018 363 views

What is the name for this job, it has to do with Neurology?

Hello! For my future i'm looking for a career that has something to do with neurology , or the brain. I am mainly VERY interested in finding scientific breakthroughs (such as why we dream, and many other things) Could someone tell me what the name for that career is, and how I can start to...

Christian H.’s Avatar
Christian H. Jan 16, 2018 493 views

How to manage a double major, specifically in ecology and neurobiology?

As a senior high school student, I have two years of experience in ecology research. Having applied to 15 universities, I have targeted schools with cutting-edge research in ecology and neurobiology and flexible degree plans. I would like a personal perspective on co-managing two majors....

neurology medicine ecology neuroscience neurosurgery neurobiology

keerthana B.’s Avatar
keerthana B. May 06, 2016 2908 views

What are some advantages/disadvantages of being a neurologist?

Hai! I am keerthi. I am very interesting to becoming a brain doctor.But i have only heard about the positive aspects.I would like to know the positive as well as negative aspects of becoming a neurologist, like risks behind it doctor teaching teacher nursing professor neurology career...

medicine career-counseling science

Phoebe  H.’s Avatar
Phoebe H. Oct 12, 2017 498 views

What are possible careers for a person who majored in Behavioral Neuroscience?

I am interested in how the brain works, and specifically why it causes people to act the way they do. I want to work with people with special needs, but wonder if this is a plausible career. I am also interested in research, maybe also related to special needs. neuroscience...

neurology neuroscientist cognitive-psychology special-needs child-development behavioral-health

Kaylynn C.’s Avatar
Kaylynn C. May 18, 2016 768 views

What types of careers could be pursued with a major in neurobiology?

This is a new major at the college I will be attending, and I am interested in the nervous system, and wondering what careers could be pursued with this major. neuroscience neurology science higher-education...

biology

keerthana B.’s Avatar
keerthana B. May 05, 2016 755 views

Salary of neurologist?

I am student in coimbatore. I am in the process of career.My name is keerthana. I want to become a doctor related to brain.So what is the salary of neurologist? doctor teacher professor nurse counseling neurology...

financial-planning