Career Questions tagged Physics

Aaron’s Avatar
Aaron Sep 06 102 views

What’s it like to be an astronomer? What was the process of becoming an astronomer?

I’m very curious at to what it is like to be an astronomer

Ashton’s Avatar
Ashton Sep 02 94 views

What path in college would I need to take to get a job in Physics.

I am interested in becoming a physicist but I do not know what path/classes to take in college.

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Jul 31 160 views

Is earning an astronomy degree hard?

What's involved in earning an astronomy degree? Does involve a lot of math, physics, and theoretical classes? What classes would one take?

sakshi prasad’s Avatar
sakshi prasad Jul 05 124 views

confused about what to pursue in college

hi, I am a student currently studying in class 12th with major subjects as math, physics and chemistry. I'm really confused about the career should pursue further. I'm interested in being a commercial pilot but taking aeronautical engineering as an ug course will leave me with minimal options....

Aliza’s Avatar
Aliza Apr 22 189 views

States of matter

Can there be more than 5 states of matter on earth.
And what actually is plasma and B.C.E states of matter

Abigail’s Avatar
Abigail Apr 06 217 views

What's the difference between working in a lab and working in R&D for a company?

I'm graduating with my bachelor's degree in physics this May (yay!), and I learned that I loved working in the lab, performing experiments, doing computational analyses, drawing conclusions, etc. I'd love to work in a lab at some point but there seem to be a lot of entry barriers for physicists...

Jessie’s Avatar
Jessie Apr 03 185 views

Courses in high school

A lot of colleges recommend that students take all three fundamentals of science (biology, chemistry, physics), however I'm looking into doing AP Biology instead of doing physics since biology is more related to my field of interest. Will that affect anything when I'm applying to college?

Abigail’s Avatar
Abigail Mar 02 209 views

As a new graduate (bachelor's in physics), can I apply for internships as a way to get my foot in the door?

I'm trying to find research (possibly contracting) positions in physics, laser science, data science, or imaging science. Looking at indeed, the only entry level positions I find are for new PhDs. Could internships be a good route to getting a foot in the door for full time positions?...

Alexander’s Avatar
Alexander Mar 02 175 views

How do you decide what college to pick?

I want to be a physicist but I don't know what college I should try to get into. Any recommendation? #college-advice #physics

Arlen’s Avatar
Arlen Dec 24, 2021 312 views

I would like to know what the process is like, how is the work environment is in both fields, and if you had to go through the process again what would you have done differently? What career advice would you give me when entering the work force

I enjoy learning about space and physics. I am in the national guard as a uh-60 repair man an often around aircraft. #physics, #engineering, #college, #science, #career, #aerospace,#astrophysics

Walker’s Avatar
Walker Nov 12, 2021 194 views

What are some of the careers in physics?

I am a junior in High School, interested in physics and baseball, and I am looking to start my search for colleges. #physics #college

Belamie’s Avatar
Belamie Nov 10, 2021 281 views

I want to be an astronomer, I like maths and physics.What's the next step?

#physics #math #astronomy #science

Jose’s Avatar
Jose Nov 01, 2021 175 views

What can be some of the best job options after studying physics?

Hello I’m Jose, right now I’m doing an exchange student program so I traveled from Spain to here, America, so I can learn about your culture and to perfect my English as much as I can. One of my dream careers I would love to study as I also love that subject is physics. So my question here is...

siyanda’s Avatar
siyanda Oct 29, 2021 164 views

What is the best course to be taken after getting a bachelors degree in physics and chemistry

I am a second year university student, studying toward BSc in #chemistry and #physics

Abigail’s Avatar
Abigail Oct 25, 2021 313 views

What does an applications engineer do?

I've heard mention of the job title "applications engineer" at an optics conference I attended recently. It seems like they work with customers to develop a product based on the customer's specifications. I'm interested in science communication and hands-on physics / engineering. Is this the...

Jacky’s Avatar
Jacky Sep 28, 2021 235 views

What are the benefits to be a nuclear engineer?

#nuclear #engineer #monitoring #physics #mathematics

Gudani’s Avatar
Gudani Aug 22, 2021 349 views

How can I find a part time job? I'm a student in BSC(physics and Chemistry)

I am a hardworking student who want to be independent in life
#women's must rise #physics #chem #chemistry #STEM #science

Aryona’s Avatar
Aryona Aug 06, 2021 488 views

What can I do to become an astronomer?

I want to become a future astronomer and I need to know how exactly to get the position I want. #astronomer

Lillian’s Avatar
Lillian Jul 14, 2021 390 views

Are there any college majors that combine physics and neuroscience?

Physics and neuroscience are my main passions that I want to study more in college, but I am really tied between them, so does anyone know any majors that combine them? I thought about biomedical or electrical engineering, but I am open to more recommendations! #physics #college #engineering...

amanda’s Avatar
amanda Jul 02, 2021 441 views

what do you have to do to be an astrophysicist

I am #any interested in #astrophysics and #visualarts

Abigail’s Avatar
Abigail Jun 03, 2021 387 views

What is a good background to have as a Systems Engineer?

I came across a job description for a Systems Engineer, and it seems like something I might be interested in. I have a lot of on-the-job experience with project management and communication, and I'll be graduating with a bachelor's degree in physics next year. Is this an appropriate background...

Natalie’s Avatar
Natalie Jun 01, 2021 532 views

What should I know about studying physics?

I love learning, math, and science. I am more interested in physics or astrophysics than I am in biological sciences. Is a physics major or degree worth it? What should I do in high school to prepare for studying physics? What are some extracurriculars that can get me involved in the subject?...

Divya’s Avatar
Divya Apr 20, 2021 296 views

Which A-levels should I choose for medicine?

My GCSEs are almost done with and I have to choose my A-levels soon. I've already decided on taking biology and chemistry for my first two options, and maybe psychology as a third option because I think it's related to medicine and can help me. My fourth option is giving me quite a bit of a...

Anthony’s Avatar
Anthony Mar 31, 2021 352 views

Preparing for Physics graduate school

I'm a third year undergraduate in a physics program getting my bachelor's degree. I'm primarily interested in graduate school, and I was wondering if there was any advice regarding how to prepare for applying?

#physics
#school
#grad-school

Abigail’s Avatar
Abigail Mar 26, 2021 465 views

Is it okay to cold email professors who I'd like to do graduate research with?

It's time to think about applying for graduate school! I want to email some professors to learn more about their research group and fields of study. Is that acceptable or might it count against me in the application process? #PhD #graduate-school #research #grad-school #applications #physics...

Abigail’s Avatar
Abigail Mar 26, 2021 443 views

Which universities have great physics graduate programs?

I'm looking to get my PhD in physics, optical engineering, particle physics, or a related field. Since it's the end of my 3rd year as an undergraduate, it's time for me to start thinking about applications!

#PhD #physics #grad-school #optics #optical-engineering #particle-physics #research

Tyler’s Avatar
Tyler Mar 12, 2021 271 views

I'm in a research oriented major (physics) and am having trouble deciding on going to grad school or beginning the hunt for work. What are some things I can do to help make a decision?

I'm a physics major and I haven't had any co-op opportunities yet, but I'm interested in what careers I should be looking for, or if I should be dedicated to grad school. Any help is much appreciated! #physics #grad-school

Abigail’s Avatar
Abigail Mar 12, 2021 716 views

What does a technical interview entail?

I've made it past the first round of interviews for a research lab I'm interested in, and the next step is for a PI to reach out to schedule a technical interview. I have no idea what a technical interview is, or how to prepare! I'm a physics student and would be working in acoustics or...

Connor’s Avatar
Connor Feb 26, 2021 374 views

What are some different careers or majors that I could pursue in Physics or engineering?

I really liked my physics class in high-school, and I am interested in engineering as well, but I am not sure how to move forward in that field. Any suggestions? #physics #engineering #majors #career #college-major

Abigail’s Avatar
Abigail Feb 23, 2021 262 views

Should I pursue a senior project that exposes me to a new area of physics or one that is more in line with what I believe I'll want to do as a career?

Currently, I don't have a clear idea as to what I want to do after graduation. I'll definitely apply to PhD programs, but I don't know what field I want to specialize in. Right now I'm most interested in optics, laser physics, and math. For my senior project, I'm tasked with choosing a...