Career Questions tagged Architecture

An architect is the first step in designing a structure. Popular careers include Architectural and engineering managers, landscape artists, civil engineers, but there is much more. For more information, please...

Jason A.’s Avatar
Jason A. 10 hours ago 12 views

Where are the best jobs for medical field, architect,

I like to do more hand on things like building and thinking about cool house designs. But I also like or would like to be a pt for professional sports. #architecture #architect #biomedical #physical therapist #medical...

Ben W.’s Avatar
Ben W. Feb 16 39 views
mariam T.’s Avatar
mariam T. Jan 30 72 views

how should i get motivaited

i like to craft stuff and have my own shop , im 13 years old and im not sur if i want to be afashion designer...

#architecture

Lok Yin C.’s Avatar
Lok Yin C. Jan 23 87 views

How to figure out my career patheay?

I am a university student studying in Hong Kong. My major is urban studies, which is about issues in urban design. However, I have poor performance in academics and low GPA. For my working experience, I have worked as part time assistant in heritage organisation, property management intern ,...

#confused #career #pathway #cv #interview #urbanstudies #socialscience #company #unemployed #tips #lowgpa #uk #rtpi #careerpathway #architecture #cvwriting

Lok Yin C.’s Avatar
Lok Yin C. Jan 21 42 views

How to make use of my extended college year ?

I am a university student in Hong Kong. Recently I have failed in completing my thesis in order to graduate. The general office of my major has informed that I have to extend my study period in order to retake this subject. I am quite worried as I am afraid that I would waste a lot of time,...

#thesis #gpa #lowgpa #fail #direction #worries #architecture #urbanstudies #unemloyed #finalyear

Emely L.’s Avatar
Emely L. Jan 14 93 views

What major would be a good pair to architecture major?

I’m in my second year of college. I am taking architecture major but I am concerned that it would be difficult for me to find a job in the future. Architecture consumes a lot of time, but I could manage to spend 2-3 years more if it will help my resume, and find a better job. Considering...

#jobs #doublemajor #architecture #career #major #business #college

Cindy B.’s Avatar
Cindy B. Dec 22, 2020 87 views

I want to build a property (a luxury treehouse). Does anyone have experience in building floor plans or general advice?

I want to build a treehouse business. So far I have: Found mentors Wrote the why, vision and goals of my business plan Researched the market I now want to build a floor plan to use on my website as a Minimum Viable Product that I can show to investors/programmes. Can anyone please help me...

#students #funding #investors #engineers #property #entrepreneur #architecture #engineering #networking #design #investing

Svetla P.’s Avatar
Svetla P. Nov 24, 2020 61 views

PhD in Computational Architecture

Hello, I am looking for a PhD program in computational architecture, can anyone recommend any institution? Preferably in US/Canada or Northern Europe or Japan. Many thanks! #phd #architecture #bionics #computation #progressive...

#design

Kendrick Y.’s Avatar
Kendrick Y. Nov 05, 2020 87 views
Yamileth G.’s Avatar
Yamileth G. Oct 28, 2020 211 views

How can i get started in architecture, interior design? Is it possible to take this course as a minor degree?

I'm currently a (junior) in high school and exploring my options/choices in different careers and found architecture, interior designing very interesting. #art #interior #interior-design #architecture #design...

#career

cristoval S.’s Avatar
cristoval S. Sep 03, 2020 129 views

Would you prefer carpentry as your career or architecture?

Being a carpenter was always a job i wanted since a kid. Architecture on the other hand has been my dream job. I would enjoy learning about designing buildings and write blueprints. #carpentry...

#architecture

Alexis B.’s Avatar
Alexis B. Aug 31, 2020 113 views

What sets you apart from other architects with similar experience?

It is hard when applying for jobs or for schools for your masters degree so what makes them want to choose you? #architect...

#architecture

Ashton B.’s Avatar
Ashton B. Jul 20, 2020 293 views

How can I choose a profitable career when my interests don’t align with many?

I’m an upcoming senior in high school and I’m starting to seriously consider my future path. My issue is that my interest in the preforming and fine arts outweighs much of anything else, and From what I know those Aren’t fields that often get paid very much. I enjoy designing and drafting so I...

#psychology #confused #career #arts #stuck #profitable #money #music #career-choice #help #architecture #graphicdesign #starvingartist #decisions

Grace R.’s Avatar
Grace R. Jul 17, 2020 122 views

How can I become part of an archival admissions team?

Some of peers that graduated with B.Archs have gone on to work in museum admissions offices for archival teams. This is a line of work that very much interests me but I have no idea how I would maneuver my professional path towards that direction. Most of my classmates who were able to secure...

#july20 #architecture #july2020 #career #internship #archive

Jennifer S.’s Avatar
Jennifer S. Jun 19, 2020 208 views

what are the differences between landscape architecture and just architecture?

I'm stuck on deciding which major I should choose next year for uni, what are the main differences between the two majors? which open to more opportunities? and which is overall the better major? thank you in advance. #architecture #architect #college-major...

#major

Elizabeth W.’s Avatar
Elizabeth W. Jun 13, 2020 128 views

Does anyone specialize in building homes for special needs/ disabilities?

I want to specialize in the accessible side of housing. Making structures up to code for people who need ramps, elevators, railings, etc. I am wondering if there is someone out there who does this kind of work. How early did you tell people you wanted to specialize in architecture and how did...

#specialties #architecture #disabilities

Elizabeth W.’s Avatar
Elizabeth W. Jun 13, 2020 212 views

What is the best way to get experience with technology programs for architecture?

I would like to start an internship and be prepared for my freshmen year in college. I've heard that a lot of architecture students already use pretty impressive programs. What is a good way that I can get started? #architecture #programs...

Lok Yin C.’s Avatar
Lok Yin C. May 06, 2020 240 views

Steps to become a landscape architect

I am interested in the job of landscape architect. While I don't acquire a design or architect relevant degree And I major in Urban Studies. Should I get a master degree of landscape architect or to work for relevant jobs? #architect #architecture #career #master #career-counseling #pathway...

#urbanplanning #landscaprearchitect #environement #urbanism

Nathan T.’s Avatar
Nathan T. Apr 28, 2020 180 views

How many years of college does an architect require?

I’m 14 years old, live in Massachusetts, I like to experiment with things and build, I like graphic design and art, I play 3 sports, my father is a contractor/ carpenter, and I like a little challenge....

#architecture

Jennifer S.’s Avatar
Jennifer S. Apr 26, 2020 144 views

Whats the difference between a 5 year architecture program and the 4+2 one?

I'm looking into architecture schools I want to apply to, but I'm stuck on what "program" I should take. Which one is a better choice, in terms of tuition, experience, and benefits later on in my career? thanks :)) #arch #architecture #architect...

#university

Jenny L.’s Avatar
Jenny L. Apr 20, 2020 356 views

How can I be more confident?

I am majoring in architecture for college and I know that there will be many presentations that I will be giving. I am naturally a shy person but I still know exactly what I'm doing. However, when I am presenting I start forgetting what I have to say. #architecture...