Career Questions tagged Architecture

An architect is the first step in designing a structure. Popular careers include Architectural and engineering managers, landscape artists, civil engineers, but there is much more. For more information, please...

cristoval S.’s Avatar
cristoval S. Sep 03 92 views

Would you prefer carpentry as your career or architecture?

Being a carpenter was always a job i wanted since a kid. Architecture on the other hand has been my dream job. I would enjoy learning about designing buildings and write blueprints. #carpentry...

#architecture

Alexis B.’s Avatar
Alexis B. Aug 31 68 views

What sets you apart from other architects with similar experience?

It is hard when applying for jobs or for schools for your masters degree so what makes them want to choose you? #architect...

#architecture

Ashton B.’s Avatar
Ashton B. Jul 20 155 views

How can I choose a profitable career when my interests don’t align with many?

I’m an upcoming senior in high school and I’m starting to seriously consider my future path. My issue is that my interest in the preforming and fine arts outweighs much of anything else, and From what I know those Aren’t fields that often get paid very much. I enjoy designing and drafting so I...

#starvingartist #career-choice #music #money #help #stuck #arts #architecture #psychology #profitable #decisions #graphicdesign #confused #career

Grace R.’s Avatar
Grace R. Jul 17 57 views

How can I become part of an archival admissions team?

Some of peers that graduated with B.Archs have gone on to work in museum admissions offices for archival teams. This is a line of work that very much interests me but I have no idea how I would maneuver my professional path towards that direction. Most of my classmates who were able to secure...

#architecture #july20 #archive #career #july2020 #internship

Jennifer S.’s Avatar
Jennifer S. Jun 19 120 views

what are the differences between landscape architecture and just architecture?

I'm stuck on deciding which major I should choose next year for uni, what are the main differences between the two majors? which open to more opportunities? and which is overall the better major? thank you in advance. #architecture #architect #college-major...

#major

Elizabeth W.’s Avatar
Elizabeth W. Jun 13 94 views

Does anyone specialize in building homes for special needs/ disabilities?

I want to specialize in the accessible side of housing. Making structures up to code for people who need ramps, elevators, railings, etc. I am wondering if there is someone out there who does this kind of work. How early did you tell people you wanted to specialize in architecture and how did...

#disabilities #architecture #specialties

Elizabeth W.’s Avatar
Elizabeth W. Jun 13 164 views

What is the best way to get experience with technology programs for architecture?

I would like to start an internship and be prepared for my freshmen year in college. I've heard that a lot of architecture students already use pretty impressive programs. What is a good way that I can get started? #architecture #programs...

Lok Yin C.’s Avatar
Lok Yin C. May 06 149 views

Steps to become a landscape architect

I am interested in the job of landscape architect. While I don't acquire a design or architect relevant degree And I major in Urban Studies. Should I get a master degree of landscape architect or to work for relevant jobs? #architect #architecture #career #master #career-counseling #pathway...

#landscaprearchitect #urbanplanning #environement #urbanism

Nathan T.’s Avatar
Nathan T. Apr 28 134 views

How many years of college does an architect require?

I’m 14 years old, live in Massachusetts, I like to experiment with things and build, I like graphic design and art, I play 3 sports, my father is a contractor/ carpenter, and I like a little challenge....

#architecture

Jennifer S.’s Avatar
Jennifer S. Apr 26 106 views

Whats the difference between a 5 year architecture program and the 4+2 one?

I'm looking into architecture schools I want to apply to, but I'm stuck on what "program" I should take. Which one is a better choice, in terms of tuition, experience, and benefits later on in my career? thanks :)) #arch #architecture #architect...

#university

Jenny L.’s Avatar
Jenny L. Apr 20 222 views

How can I be more confident?

I am majoring in architecture for college and I know that there will be many presentations that I will be giving. I am naturally a shy person but I still know exactly what I'm doing. However, when I am presenting I start forgetting what I have to say. #architecture...

Nathan B.’s Avatar
Nathan B. Apr 01 133 views

whats the edication for architects?

#career advice for being an architect #architecture...

#architect

Nathan B.’s Avatar
Nathan B. Apr 13 94 views
Ashiq Ilahi S.’s Avatar
Ashiq Ilahi S. Apr 04 119 views

I would like to know if there are any summer/online internships for high schoolers related to Architecture and Design in LA?

I am interested in pursuing a career related to Architecture. In order to develop experience, I would like to know if there any openings for either summer or online internships related to this subject. Thank You. #career #architecture #internship...

#design

Emily C.’s Avatar
Emily C. Mar 16 260 views

Does this recession mean I might not be able to get a job when I graduate?

I am currently an architecture student with a planned graduation in 2022, what does the #covid19 recession mean for the job market in regards to architecture? I was intending to practice for a few years before going to grad school, but does this mean I should start considering/planning to go to...

#architect #architecture #graduate-school #job

Joianna M.’s Avatar
Joianna M. Jan 28 149 views

How do I find and succesfully get an internship for architecture?

I am an architect student at Fullerton college looking for an internship, I am set to graduate this spring and need this internship to graduate #architecture #internship...

#business

Deleted D.’s Avatar
Deleted D. Jan 26 126 views
svetla P.’s Avatar
svetla P. Dec 12, 2019 131 views

Can anyone recommend good Architecture or Interior Studios in Scandinavia?

Hello, I am an architect who has lived and worked in the UK/USA since 2000 and now looking to relocate to (potentially) a Scandinavian country because of the high quality of design in this part of the world. However, I find it really difficult to find job placements in this field in the EU;...

#architect #architecture #career

Javier R.’s Avatar
Javier R. Dec 10, 2019 153 views

Why do some higher degrees offer a less salary?

One of the things I would like to pursue is becoming an entrepreneur or working as an architect. Well for one thing, I would like to run my own things, for example running my own business, or being able to draw a drawing on a piece of paper and later making it into a house or building....

#architect #architecture #entrepreneur #career #business