Career Questions tagged Architecture

An architect is the first step in designing a structure. Popular careers include Architectural and engineering managers, landscape artists, civil engineers, but there is much more. For more information, please...

Nora R.’s Avatar
Nora R. Apr 23 90 views

What are steps that I can take in High School to prepare myself for studying Architecture in College?

I am eager to learn about architecture in College and hope that I will be able to practice it some day. I have taken an online Yale class on Roman Architecture and done other research about the job including meeting with an architect. I would like to know what are some of the best things that I...

#highschool #architect #architecture

Nora R.’s Avatar
Nora R. Apr 23 44 views

What are the most important things to consider when you communicate with clients as an architect?

I am a junior in high school and architecture has captured my attention; I enjoy art, collaboration and math/physics. After doing some research and meeting with architects near me in Minnesota, I have realized the importance of a strong communication ability. I would like to know tips about...

#architect #architecture

Emily C.’s Avatar
Emily C. Apr 05 49 views

What kind of jobs with UNESCO World Heritage?

I am really interested in historical conservation and heritage sites and am curious to know what opportunities to work in this sector are offered through UNESCO WHC. What do field work opportunities look like? What does working at HQ look like? Are most positions on a volunteer basis or do they...

#unesco #unescowhc #architecture #conservation

Emily C.’s Avatar
Emily C. Apr 05 85 views

How to follow up on internship applications?

I have been cold-emailing architecture firms seeking an internship opportunity for this summer, but have heard back from very few. Is it appropriate to follow up on emails I sent 3-4 weeks ago to try and get an answer? If so, what should I say? #internships #internship #summer-jobs #intern...

#applying #architecture

Caroline H.’s Avatar
Caroline H. Mar 04 138 views

As an architect, what is the hardest part about the job?

I find designing structures and landscapes very interesting and would like to know the hardest part about being an architect and can you still travel a lot being one? #travel...

#architecture

Jason A.’s Avatar
Jason A. Feb 25 54 views

Where are the best jobs for medical field, architect,

I like to do more hand on things like building and thinking about cool house designs. But I also like or would like to be a pt for professional sports. #architecture #architect #biomedical #physical therapist #medical...

Ben W.’s Avatar
Ben W. Feb 16 133 views
mariam T.’s Avatar
mariam T. Jan 30 88 views

how should i get motivaited

i like to craft stuff and have my own shop , im 13 years old and im not sur if i want to be afashion designer...

#architecture

Lok Yin C.’s Avatar
Lok Yin C. Jan 23 131 views

How to figure out my career patheay?

I am a university student studying in Hong Kong. My major is urban studies, which is about issues in urban design. However, I have poor performance in academics and low GPA. For my working experience, I have worked as part time assistant in heritage organisation, property management intern ,...

#cvwriting #urbanstudies #uk #career #architecture #interview #rtpi #cv #tips #pathway #confused #socialscience #lowgpa #unemployed #careerpathway #company

Lok Yin C.’s Avatar
Lok Yin C. Jan 21 91 views

How to make use of my extended college year ?

I am a university student in Hong Kong. Recently I have failed in completing my thesis in order to graduate. The general office of my major has informed that I have to extend my study period in order to retake this subject. I am quite worried as I am afraid that I would waste a lot of time,...

#urbanstudies #thesis #architecture #fail #unemloyed #lowgpa #gpa #direction #worries #finalyear

Kateryna S.’s Avatar
Kateryna S. Jan 21 186 views
Emely L.’s Avatar
Emely L. Jan 14 134 views

What major would be a good pair to architecture major?

I’m in my second year of college. I am taking architecture major but I am concerned that it would be difficult for me to find a job in the future. Architecture consumes a lot of time, but I could manage to spend 2-3 years more if it will help my resume, and find a better job. Considering...

#doublemajor #business #career #architecture #college #major #jobs

Cindy B.’s Avatar
Cindy B. Dec 22, 2020 133 views

I want to build a property (a luxury treehouse). Does anyone have experience in building floor plans or general advice?

I want to build a treehouse business. So far I have: Found mentors Wrote the why, vision and goals of my business plan Researched the market I now want to build a floor plan to use on my website as a Minimum Viable Product that I can show to investors/programmes. Can anyone please help me...

#networking #students #architecture #property #design #engineers #engineering #entrepreneur #investors #investing #funding

Svetla P.’s Avatar
Svetla P. Nov 24, 2020 78 views

PhD in Computational Architecture

Hello, I am looking for a PhD program in computational architecture, can anyone recommend any institution? Preferably in US/Canada or Northern Europe or Japan. Many thanks! #phd #architecture #bionics #computation #progressive...

#design

Kendrick Y.’s Avatar
Kendrick Y. Nov 05, 2020 132 views
Yamileth G.’s Avatar
Yamileth G. Oct 28, 2020 347 views

How can i get started in architecture, interior design? Is it possible to take this course as a minor degree?

I'm currently a (junior) in high school and exploring my options/choices in different careers and found architecture, interior designing very interesting. #art #interior #interior-design #architecture #design...

#career

cristoval S.’s Avatar
cristoval S. Sep 03, 2020 157 views

Would you prefer carpentry as your career or architecture?

Being a carpenter was always a job i wanted since a kid. Architecture on the other hand has been my dream job. I would enjoy learning about designing buildings and write blueprints. #carpentry...

#architecture

Alexis B.’s Avatar
Alexis B. Aug 31, 2020 140 views

What sets you apart from other architects with similar experience?

It is hard when applying for jobs or for schools for your masters degree so what makes them want to choose you? #architect...

#architecture

Ashton B.’s Avatar
Ashton B. Jul 20, 2020 342 views

How can I choose a profitable career when my interests don’t align with many?

I’m an upcoming senior in high school and I’m starting to seriously consider my future path. My issue is that my interest in the preforming and fine arts outweighs much of anything else, and From what I know those Aren’t fields that often get paid very much. I enjoy designing and drafting so I...

#career #architecture #graphicdesign #help #confused #stuck #psychology #money #music #starvingartist #arts #career-choice #profitable #decisions

Grace R.’s Avatar
Grace R. Jul 17, 2020 146 views

How can I become part of an archival admissions team?

Some of peers that graduated with B.Archs have gone on to work in museum admissions offices for archival teams. This is a line of work that very much interests me but I have no idea how I would maneuver my professional path towards that direction. Most of my classmates who were able to secure...

#internship #career #july2020 #architecture #archive #july20

Jennifer S.’s Avatar
Jennifer S. Jun 19, 2020 235 views

what are the differences between landscape architecture and just architecture?

I'm stuck on deciding which major I should choose next year for uni, what are the main differences between the two majors? which open to more opportunities? and which is overall the better major? thank you in advance. #architecture #architect #college-major...

#major

Elizabeth W.’s Avatar
Elizabeth W. Jun 13, 2020 153 views

Does anyone specialize in building homes for special needs/ disabilities?

I want to specialize in the accessible side of housing. Making structures up to code for people who need ramps, elevators, railings, etc. I am wondering if there is someone out there who does this kind of work. How early did you tell people you wanted to specialize in architecture and how did...

#specialties #disabilities #architecture

Elizabeth W.’s Avatar
Elizabeth W. Jun 13, 2020 251 views

What is the best way to get experience with technology programs for architecture?

I would like to start an internship and be prepared for my freshmen year in college. I've heard that a lot of architecture students already use pretty impressive programs. What is a good way that I can get started? #architecture #programs...