Career Questions tagged Architecture

An architect is the first step in designing a structure. Popular careers include Architectural and engineering managers, landscape artists, civil engineers, but there is much more. For more information, please...

justin S.’s Avatar
justin S. Oct 19 25 views

what are some good colleges that arent hard to get into for architecture that are around my area or not too far?

i want to persue in architecture for college but i dont want to go to a big school that is hard to get into. architecture college...

university

justin S.’s Avatar
justin S. Oct 19 24 views

what are some challenges you face when being an architecture?

I'm a senior in high school and want to persue in architecture and construction. architect architecture...

career

Jordan L.’s Avatar
Jordan L. Sep 21 92 views
Jordan L.’s Avatar
Jordan L. Sep 21 78 views

What type of person would be a good fit for architecture? How did you know this field was right for you?

I am a 16 year old girl. I am a junior in high-school. I am currently interested in the architecture field. architecture architect career college university...

degree

mindthe G.’s Avatar
mindthe G. Sep 21 75 views
Dejanae W.’s Avatar
Dejanae W. Jul 30 167 views

would being an architect actually make a good career?

i’ve stuck to the thought of my career job being an architect, but i can’t seem to find much about the job. i’ve watched maybe two videos on youtube about finding offers, and how it’s kind of difficult to get customers sometimes, so mostly you’re just waiting for a call. also, i’ve found that...

designing building goals architect college art architecture career

K S.’s Avatar
K S. Jul 12 160 views

What should I major in/should I even go to college?

I’m 16 and a senior in high school. I want to do something with animals but not necessarily become a vet. I could volunteer at shelters but I’m not sure what I want my main career to be. I was thinking maybe real estate or architecture or maybe even run my own animal sanctuary but I’m not sure...

senior real-estate college animal-sanctuary college-major veterinarian architecture volunteer animals 16 career

Matthew C.’s Avatar
Matthew C. Jun 27 126 views

What is the hardest thing a architect faces

I'm interested in becoming an architect but I would like to know the hardest part of it to see how what struggles architects face architect...

architecture

Faizina R.’s Avatar
Faizina R. Jun 15 143 views

What does the future of architecture look like?

I graduated high school and finished my first year of college during the pandemic. I would like to know how the study of architecture is like in the field, in the United States, and on global terms as well. architecture college architect...

career-counseling

Gilsson M.’s Avatar
Gilsson M. Jun 09 123 views

What do I need to become an architect?

I'm in high-school 11th and i like math, this is one reason i want to become an a architect. architect # career architecture...

math

Nora R.’s Avatar
Nora R. Apr 23 200 views

What are steps that I can take in High School to prepare myself for studying Architecture in College?

I am eager to learn about architecture in College and hope that I will be able to practice it some day. I have taken an online Yale class on Roman Architecture and done other research about the job including meeting with an architect. I would like to know what are some of the best things that I...

architecture highschool architect

Nora R.’s Avatar
Nora R. Apr 23 107 views

What are the most important things to consider when you communicate with clients as an architect?

I am a junior in high school and architecture has captured my attention; I enjoy art, collaboration and math/physics. After doing some research and meeting with architects near me in Minnesota, I have realized the importance of a strong communication ability. I would like to know tips about...

architecture architect

Emily C.’s Avatar
Emily C. Apr 05 111 views

What kind of jobs with UNESCO World Heritage?

I am really interested in historical conservation and heritage sites and am curious to know what opportunities to work in this sector are offered through UNESCO WHC. What do field work opportunities look like? What does working at HQ look like? Are most positions on a volunteer basis or do they...

unesco architecture unescowhc conservation

Emily C.’s Avatar
Emily C. Apr 05 277 views

How to follow up on internship applications?

I have been cold-emailing architecture firms seeking an internship opportunity for this summer, but have heard back from very few. Is it appropriate to follow up on emails I sent 3-4 weeks ago to try and get an answer? If so, what should I say? internships internship summer-jobs intern...

architecture applying

Caroline H.’s Avatar
Caroline H. Mar 04 285 views

As an architect, what is the hardest part about the job?

I find designing structures and landscapes very interesting and would like to know the hardest part about being an architect and can you still travel a lot being one? travel...

architecture

Jason A.’s Avatar
Jason A. Feb 25 114 views

Where are the best jobs for medical field, architect,

I like to do more hand on things like building and thinking about cool house designs. But I also like or would like to be a pt for professional sports. architecture architect biomedical physical therapist medical...

mariam T.’s Avatar
mariam T. Jan 30 145 views

how should i get motivaited

i like to craft stuff and have my own shop , im 13 years old and im not sur if i want to be afashion designer...

architecture

Lok Yin C.’s Avatar
Lok Yin C. Jan 23 215 views

How to figure out my career patheay?

I am a university student studying in Hong Kong. My major is urban studies, which is about issues in urban design. However, I have poor performance in academics and low GPA. For my working experience, I have worked as part time assistant in heritage organisation, property management intern ,...

lowgpa interview uk cv pathway cvwriting careerpathway tips architecture company career confused rtpi unemployed urbanstudies socialscience

Lok Yin C.’s Avatar
Lok Yin C. Jan 21 142 views

How to make use of my extended college year ?

I am a university student in Hong Kong. Recently I have failed in completing my thesis in order to graduate. The general office of my major has informed that I have to extend my study period in order to retake this subject. I am quite worried as I am afraid that I would waste a lot of time,...

lowgpa finalyear worries gpa urbanstudies unemloyed thesis architecture direction fail

Emely L.’s Avatar
Emely L. Jan 14 191 views

What major would be a good pair to architecture major?

I’m in my second year of college. I am taking architecture major but I am concerned that it would be difficult for me to find a job in the future. Architecture consumes a lot of time, but I could manage to spend 2-3 years more if it will help my resume, and find a better job. Considering...

jobs doublemajor college business major architecture career