Career Questions tagged Architecture

An architect is the first step in designing a structure. Popular careers include Architectural and engineering managers, landscape artists, civil engineers, but there is much more. For more information, please...

Dejanae W.’s Avatar
Dejanae W. Dejanae W. Jul 30 33 views

would being an architect actually make a good career?

i’ve stuck to the thought of my career job being an architect, but i can’t seem to find much about the job. i’ve watched maybe two videos on youtube about finding offers, and how it’s kind of difficult to get customers sometimes, so mostly you’re just waiting for a call. also, i’ve found that...

#designing #architect #art #building #goals #career #college #architecture

K S.’s Avatar
K S. K S. Jul 12 77 views

What should I major in/should I even go to college?

I’m 16 and a senior in high school. I want to do something with animals but not necessarily become a vet. I could volunteer at shelters but I’m not sure what I want my main career to be. I was thinking maybe real estate or architecture or maybe even run my own animal sanctuary but I’m not sure...

#volunteer #senior #real-estate #career #veterinarian #college #16 #college-major #animals #architecture #animal-sanctuary

Matthew C.’s Avatar
Matthew C. Matthew C. Jun 27 59 views

What is the hardest thing a architect faces

I'm interested in becoming an architect but I would like to know the hardest part of it to see how what struggles architects face #architect...

#architecture

Faizina R.’s Avatar
Faizina R. Faizina R. Jun 15 91 views

What does the future of architecture look like?

I graduated high school and finished my first year of college during the pandemic. I would like to know how the study of architecture is like in the field, in the United States, and on global terms as well. #architecture #college #architect...

#career-counseling

Gilsson M.’s Avatar
Gilsson M. Gilsson M. Jun 09 77 views

What do I need to become an architect?

I'm in high-school 11th and i like math, this is one reason i want to become an a architect. #architect # #career #architecture...

#math

Nora R.’s Avatar
Nora R. Nora R. Apr 23 150 views

What are steps that I can take in High School to prepare myself for studying Architecture in College?

I am eager to learn about architecture in College and hope that I will be able to practice it some day. I have taken an online Yale class on Roman Architecture and done other research about the job including meeting with an architect. I would like to know what are some of the best things that I...

#highschool #architect #architecture

Nora R.’s Avatar
Nora R. Nora R. Apr 23 67 views

What are the most important things to consider when you communicate with clients as an architect?

I am a junior in high school and architecture has captured my attention; I enjoy art, collaboration and math/physics. After doing some research and meeting with architects near me in Minnesota, I have realized the importance of a strong communication ability. I would like to know tips about...

#architect #architecture

Emily C.’s Avatar
Emily C. Emily C. Apr 05 76 views

What kind of jobs with UNESCO World Heritage?

I am really interested in historical conservation and heritage sites and am curious to know what opportunities to work in this sector are offered through UNESCO WHC. What do field work opportunities look like? What does working at HQ look like? Are most positions on a volunteer basis or do they...

#unesco #conservation #unescowhc #architecture

Emily C.’s Avatar
Emily C. Emily C. Apr 05 198 views

How to follow up on internship applications?

I have been cold-emailing architecture firms seeking an internship opportunity for this summer, but have heard back from very few. Is it appropriate to follow up on emails I sent 3-4 weeks ago to try and get an answer? If so, what should I say? #internships #internship #summer-jobs #intern...

#applying #architecture

Caroline H.’s Avatar
Caroline H. Caroline H. Mar 04 226 views

As an architect, what is the hardest part about the job?

I find designing structures and landscapes very interesting and would like to know the hardest part about being an architect and can you still travel a lot being one? #travel...

#architecture

Jason A.’s Avatar
Jason A. Jason A. Feb 25 76 views

Where are the best jobs for medical field, architect,

I like to do more hand on things like building and thinking about cool house designs. But I also like or would like to be a pt for professional sports. #architecture #architect #biomedical #physical therapist #medical...

Ben W.’s Avatar
Ben W. Ben W. Feb 16 165 views
mariam T.’s Avatar
mariam T. mariam T. Jan 30 113 views

how should i get motivaited

i like to craft stuff and have my own shop , im 13 years old and im not sur if i want to be afashion designer...

#architecture

Lok Yin C.’s Avatar
Lok Yin C. Lok Yin C. Jan 23 171 views

How to figure out my career patheay?

I am a university student studying in Hong Kong. My major is urban studies, which is about issues in urban design. However, I have poor performance in academics and low GPA. For my working experience, I have worked as part time assistant in heritage organisation, property management intern ,...

#uk #socialscience #unemployed #tips #company #careerpathway #confused #architecture #cvwriting #urbanstudies #lowgpa #cv #rtpi #career #interview #pathway

Lok Yin C.’s Avatar
Lok Yin C. Lok Yin C. Jan 21 112 views

How to make use of my extended college year ?

I am a university student in Hong Kong. Recently I have failed in completing my thesis in order to graduate. The general office of my major has informed that I have to extend my study period in order to retake this subject. I am quite worried as I am afraid that I would waste a lot of time,...

#urbanstudies #lowgpa #direction #worries #gpa #fail #unemloyed #finalyear #thesis #architecture

Emely L.’s Avatar
Emely L. Emely L. Jan 14 154 views

What major would be a good pair to architecture major?

I’m in my second year of college. I am taking architecture major but I am concerned that it would be difficult for me to find a job in the future. Architecture consumes a lot of time, but I could manage to spend 2-3 years more if it will help my resume, and find a better job. Considering...

#career #doublemajor #jobs #business #college #major #architecture

Cindy B.’s Avatar
Cindy B. Cindy B. Dec 22, 2020 213 views

I want to build a property (a luxury treehouse). Does anyone have experience in building floor plans or general advice?

I want to build a treehouse business. So far I have: Found mentors Wrote the why, vision and goals of my business plan Researched the market I now want to build a floor plan to use on my website as a Minimum Viable Product that I can show to investors/programmes. Can anyone please help me...

#investors #engineering #engineers #property #students #design #entrepreneur #investing #networking #funding #architecture

Svetla P.’s Avatar
Svetla P. Svetla P. Nov 24, 2020 101 views

PhD in Computational Architecture

Hello, I am looking for a PhD program in computational architecture, can anyone recommend any institution? Preferably in US/Canada or Northern Europe or Japan. Many thanks! #phd #architecture #bionics #computation #progressive...

#design

Yamileth G.’s Avatar
Yamileth G. Yamileth G. Oct 28, 2020 445 views

How can i get started in architecture, interior design? Is it possible to take this course as a minor degree?

I'm currently a (junior) in high school and exploring my options/choices in different careers and found architecture, interior designing very interesting. #art #interior #interior-design #architecture #design...

#career

cristoval S.’s Avatar
cristoval S. cristoval S. Sep 03, 2020 184 views

Would you prefer carpentry as your career or architecture?

Being a carpenter was always a job i wanted since a kid. Architecture on the other hand has been my dream job. I would enjoy learning about designing buildings and write blueprints. #carpentry...

#architecture

Alexis B.’s Avatar
Alexis B. Alexis B. Aug 31, 2020 167 views

What sets you apart from other architects with similar experience?

It is hard when applying for jobs or for schools for your masters degree so what makes them want to choose you? #architect...

#architecture