Career questions tagged high-school

High school is the foundation for education. If you are fortunate enough to know what career you want to do, high school can be a great place to start to learn more about it. For more information, please read below. Read more Show less
User Avatar
undefined's avatar
aria142 views

what is the best time to get admissions?

admission tips

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kaegan128 views

Can someone give me a break down on what all I would have to do to get my BSN after high school?

I am an 11th grader and I am interested in becoming a CRNA but I would like to understand my path after high school such as prerequisites and how my dual enrollment can help to shorten time possibly.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
miabella207 views

What are the working conditions in a law office?

Im a 15 year old girl interested in law. What is it like to work in a law office, what are your hours like do they feel long? Is the work draining?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Khush130 views

As a high school student how do I know what topics are right for me?

I’m currently a 15 year old high-school sophomore and I have various interests in areas related to tech and science. But within these, I’m not really sure what I like specifically so how can I know more vividly what specific part I like?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ludie308 views

I am a high schooler interested in math, business, design, and computer science. I am seeking advice because I do not want to go into a career path that I will regret or get bored of.?

I am a high schooler interested in math, business, design, and computer science. I am seeking advice because I do not want to go into a career path that I will regret or get bored of.

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
emi156 views

what high schools can you learn psychology in

what high schools can i learn phychologhy in

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Tien331 views

How can I access volunteer activities related to nursing?

Hi, I'm in 10th grade now. I plan to participate in some health care volunteer activities in 11th grade. But I don't know how to access them or the criteria I need to have to be accepted.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Arshpreet264 views

Any jobs as receptionist ?

Hey! I am currently looking for a summer job as a receptionist in NYC as a high school student. If anyone is in need of a receptionist for the summer, please let me know, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lory241 views

Pros and cons for Physician Assistant as a job?

I don't think I have the drive to pursue an actual PhD so I looked into alternatives and PA happens to be one of them. Any pros and cons I should be aware of?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Suhana128 views

How can I develop my study ?

As a high school student, I want to learn about.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Veronica158 views

Is the IB Diploma worth it? Any benefits?

After surfing the internet, I've heard mixed opinions about the IB diploma and its worth. I was wondering if It is worth going into IB and if it has any benefits.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
meaghan117 views

what things helped you achieve the place you are in right now ?

i really want to become a trauma surgeon and graduate with high honors . any advice will be helpful

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Opeoluwa197 views

How do I move my life forward after schooling?

I want to know how to move forward in a way that will be beneficial to me

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Mahnoor154 views

How do I build my profile?

I'm a 10th grader studying in a village in a third world country. I am currently studying for my O levels in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and English. I want to know how I can build my profile through online options. What activities can I commit to during high school so colleges seriously consider me? I don't have any extracurricular options at my school and working at local stores or hospitals isn't an option so it has to be online. Volunteering options don't exist here either.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kaori149 views

How do I get into one of my career choice How to start? Where to start? Which career would be best for me? What are some better choices than what I have picked out??

I want to either help with Political Campaigning, teach/tutor kids, cosmetology or something with law.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Nikita186 views

Requirements for architecture or civil engineering?

I’m currently a sophomore in high school, and I’m trying to get a head start in terms of my career in civil or a architecture. I’ve been doing sculpting for 5 years now, but I’ve been told that drawing is also a very important skill. Will sculpting do anything for me in this field? Should I focus more on drawing and developing a portfolio?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Adarsh391 views

What are good internships and research opportunities for high school students currently open?

Hello, my name is Adarsh, a junior in high school student in Bellevue, Washington. I am a very motivated and hardworking high school student who has multiple years of experience in programming with various languages like java, python etc. I believe to be a valuable asset for any company and am trying to expand my knowledge in my passion. Any suggestions/help towards this goal is appreciated

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Nikita211 views

What do I do as a high school sophomore that wants to explore architecture or civil engineering?

Where do I start in my career to explore architecture and civil engineering? (Job shadowing, internship, mentorship) What are some opportunities in New York that I can find for this subjects? (I'm a sophomore in high school)

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Madeleine218 views

What is the best way to prepare for pre-vet as a 16 year old sophomore in high school (How to get internships/scholarships/best ap classes to take/other extracurriculars that will get me into college) ?

I am a 16 year old in 10th grade and I'm not sure how to properly prepare if I want to go to college with the intention of eventually getting into veterinary.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Amanda242 views

Most important things to prepare for collage?

Grade and School Activities

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
karyssa384 views

What are the best tips and ways to get started in law?

hello! my name is karyssa and i’m a high school student doing online school. i’m currently in 10th grade and my dream is to become a lawyer. i’d like to waste no time and get started on reaching my goal ASAP! what are the best tips for doing so?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Karen350 views

Where can I find an available Medical Dermatologist to interview for my Informational Interview?

I am a junior in high school and I need to interview a professional in my desired field of study for my pre-college class project. I am unaware what resources I can use to find an available dermatologist to interview.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jupiter307 views

How do I know what to do to get a job?

I'm 17 in high school & I've been wanting a job since my sophomore year so I'm trying to get a job for my senior year. I've found options & started taking steps for them(I.e. finding employers with avaliable jobs & emailing them), but I really don't feel prepared enough for it. I discussed with family, friends & teachers, I still feel like I don't fully understand. Especially since I haven't really sat down & figured out a good resume yet (I have no previous work exprience) any advice?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Madison207 views

Can I get a job in high-school that is Aviation related?

I live in a rural area and would like to pursue aviation. I want to get into it this year and would like help finding out how. I take an aviation class at my school. Im also interested in Music and Dance.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
lauren160 views

What duall enrollment should I take and how many?

I am looking to enroll in dual enrollment this summer I am a high school Sophomore currently. I have all A's and want to know what classes are best to take over the summer and how many I should take I can take up to 4. But I don't want to take more then one next fall because I've heard that Junior year is hard. Is that true? When I graduate i want to become a Marine Biologist but I want to save those science courses for after high school. So what do you recommend?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Elizabeth268 views

(TW) What are the base requirements for being a volunteer/operator on the suicide prevention hotline?

I’m a freshman in high school who might be interested in joining the suicide prevention hotline but I can’t find any of the training requirements online. Does anyone know what you need to do and how many hours it takes to become a volunteer or an operator on the network?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Brianna215 views

How do I get my RN degree in high school?

I am in high school. How would I get my RN degree?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Colten378 views

Do I have to take Chemistry first before I can take AP Chemistry in high school?

I'm trying to figure out my schedule for the rest of my 2 years of high school. I'm trying to become a Physical Therapist.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Estee148 views

Can radiologists do all types of scans? Like MRIs, CT scans, ultrasounds, etc.

High school student looking for advice

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kennedy583 views

How do I acquire a internship?

I am a 14 year old high school freshman wanting to pursue medicine, I've been planning to apply to a internship to shadow a psychiatrist in my area my Junior year of high school, but I don't how to write a good resume or if my current enrollment classes will prepare me for to shadow a physician. Is there any resume help or class advice to prepare me?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon